I'll be visiting Taiwan to see a friend during CNY.

Arrange meetups and get togethers with other Happier Abroad members in your area, or coming to your area.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: I'll be visiting Taiwan to see a friend during CNY.

Post by Rock »

Zboy, you are just staying a few days and visiting during Chinese New Year. All you can do is tourist stuff.

Winston stays mainly in the small city of Chiayi. He's had very short visits to Taichung, Kaoshuing, and Taipei. I think he lived in suburban Taipei (Tanshui) for some months back when he was 17 too.

If you don't pipeline girls in advance via websites, you probably won't be dating. Even Monkro needed time to warm up girls he succeeded with after getting their numbers. He did have some success in clubs too but I don't think that's your thing. PM him and let him advise you first hand.

Also talk to Falcon if you are interested in meeting Indos in CKS Memorial Hall, Filippinos around Datung on Chung Shan N. Rd., or both around Taipei Railway Station. He's the expert on that.

The natural beauty is more on east coast - areas like Hualian and Taitung where you not only encounter more natural wonders but also can meet many aborigines. Taiwan has 7 or 8 recognized native tribes. If you stay near Taipei, I recommend you take a full day trip to Wulai to visit and indulge in hot springs and also visit aborigine museum (there's also a lot of aborigines there too).

I hope it doesn't rain while you are there at least. Good luck and hope you can find some positives there.

BTW, last month, I hosted a couple and their son in one of the studios I have in Taipei. Here is one of the comments they sent me on Skype:

All is well! We are enjoying Taipei very much. People are great and go out of their way to help. Three people have given us their email addresses/phone numbers in case we need help.

The apartment is working out well. We have everything we need. S...... (guy in one of other rooms) is great and we get along perfectly.

Although our son has not made his flight reservations yet, he has promised to come to see us around 22 and stay a few days. We would see him more if he stayed here, so we are suggesting that to him; we shall see. He needs to go to Hualien on Jan 25, so we will go there at the same time and stay for a few days.

Changing topics: Have you been to Ye-liu, the sandstone beach? We thought it would be nice, but Lonely Planet kind of bypasses it. For you, what would the "do not miss" be in Taipei/Surroundings. We went to National Palace Museum, Longshun/Night Market on blue line north east from here, Tamsui, Elephant Mountain.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

If he just wants to travel around the island, I'd suggest reading http://www.backpackers.com.tw/forum/

https://zh-t.airbnb.com/s/Taiwan might be cheaper than hotels

I may be in TPE area in April, pending when I leave Japan.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Rock wrote: Falcon likes Taipei in spite of urban Han girls (who he's never beena fan of) cus he's a hit with the Indo's who hang-out at CKS Memorial Hall and Winston...well we all know about that lol.

Also talk to Falcon if you are interested in meeting Indos in CKS Memorial Hall, Filippinos around Datung on Chung Shan N. Rd., or both around Taipei Railway Station. He's the expert on that.
I took Monkro to an Indo cafe in around the Taipei Railway Station, and he got hit on there by the ladies. ("Your eyes are so beautiful.")

You can also find Indonesian ladies in Indonesian-run convenience stores, parks, hospitals, community centers, and outdoor cafes. Most are ethnic Javanese. Indos are roughly 80% female, 20% male.
Filipinos are harder to find these days, and they're rapidly being replaced by Indos. Many are from Luzon. Indos are roughly 50% female, 50% male.
Thais are mostly around Taoyuan, as many of them are factory and construction workers. Many are from Sukhothai Province in northern Thailand, and from Isaan. Thais are roughly 20% female, 80% male.
Vietnamese are mostly mail-order brides, although some are factory workers and caretakers as well. Most are South Vietnamese, from the Mekong Delta region.

As for Taiwanese women, I really don't have any experience with them. Can't say. Got mobbed by friendly Southeast Asian women so I've had no chance to get to know the more platonic Taiwanese.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@Rock

In case you are reading this, the thing is, you have been caught lying sometimes, so anything you say is suspect, especially if it doesn't match what I see with my own eyes. Just because you find a website that says that the average salary in Taiwan is 100k NT doesn't mean it's true. Online anyone can say anything. Ask anyone in Taiwan and they will tell you that salaries in TW are stagnant and the average salary is around 25 to 30k per month NT, definitely NOT 100k. Come on. Even you know that. I don't get why you would say something you know is false. Isn't that dishonest and sociopathic? Remember I have caught you lying a number of times before so you definitely are not the most honest guy in the world. No offense, but it's true. So don't pretend to be super honest and real. Come on. You won't even admit that the parks in China are way bigger than in Taiwan. It's like you just like to argue for sport, not for truth.

Also, Monkro told me he had no social life in Taiwan and that he is a hermit here and only works all day. It sounds like BS. But who knows. I don't know him well and don't know how honest he is. It seems he tells you something different than me. Maybe both of you are NPCs and just screwing with me? If so it's a reality breakdown. lol

Monkro also seems shady. He never wants to meet up and when he talks it sounds artificial, not genuine or down to earth, like there's something off about him. I wouldn't be surprised if he was an NPC or bot. If we are in a simulation, then that is a possibility especially if something seems off.

Anyway, anyone can use Google and see that the average salary is closer to what I say, not what you say. Just because you find a website doesn't make it true especially if it goes against common knowledge. Come on Rock. Why do you like to make up stuff sometimes? That's not a good trait. Truth seekers hate that.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

@Winston

I just asked Chat GPT : "what are some good social aspects of living in Taiwan?"

Taiwan offers a rich social environment with various appealing aspects for residents. Here are some of the positive social aspects of living in Taiwan:

1. **Friendly and Hospitable Culture:** Taiwanese people are known for their friendliness, warmth, and hospitality towards both locals and foreigners. The culture emphasizes respect and politeness, making it easy for newcomers to feel welcome and integrated.

2. **Cultural Diversity:** Taiwan has a vibrant cultural scene, influenced by its diverse history and various ethnic groups. Festivals, traditional performances, and cultural events are frequently held throughout the year, allowing residents to immerse themselves in different customs and traditions.

3. **Safety and Security:** Taiwan is considered one of the safest countries in Asia. The low crime rates contribute to a sense of security, making it comfortable for people to live and socialize, especially in urban areas.

4. **Food Culture:** Taiwan is renowned for its delicious and diverse food options. Night markets, street vendors, and local eateries offer a wide array of affordable and tasty dishes. Taiwanese cuisine is a significant social element, bringing people together to share meals and experiences.

5. **Strong Sense of Community:** Taiwanese society values community ties, and neighborhoods often have strong social connections. People engage in community activities, local events, and festivals, fostering a sense of belonging and camaraderie.

6. **Convenience and Efficiency:** Taiwan boasts an efficient public transportation system and modern infrastructure, making it easy to navigate cities and towns. This convenience allows people to connect and socialize more easily.

7. **Language Opportunities:** While Mandarin Chinese is the official language, many Taiwanese people are also proficient in English. This language diversity provides an opportunity for cultural exchange and communication, facilitating social interactions for expatriates and visitors.

8. **Recreational Opportunities:** The island's diverse landscapes, from bustling cities to scenic mountains and beautiful coastlines, offer numerous recreational opportunities. Residents can enjoy outdoor activities, hiking, biking, and exploring natural attractions, contributing to a healthy and active lifestyle.

These social aspects collectively contribute to Taiwan's appeal as a welcoming and vibrant place to live, fostering a sense of community and providing numerous opportunities for social engagement and personal growth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Falcon wrote:
August 31st, 2015, 1:44 pm
Rock wrote: Falcon likes Taipei in spite of urban Han girls (who he's never beena fan of) cus he's a hit with the Indo's who hang-out at CKS Memorial Hall and Winston...well we all know about that lol.

I took Monkro to an Indo cafe in around the Taipei Railway Station, and he got hit on there by the ladies. ("Your eyes are so beautiful.")

You can also find Indonesian ladies in Indonesian-run convenience stores, parks, hospitals, community centers, and outdoor cafes. Most are ethnic Javanese. Indos are roughly 80% female, 20% male.
Filipinos are harder to find these days, and they're rapidly being replaced by Indos. Many are from Luzon. Indos are roughly 50% female, 50% male.
Thais are mostly around Taoyuan, as many of them are factory and construction workers. Many are from Sukhothai Province in northern Thailand, and from Isaan. Thais are roughly 20% female, 80% male.
Vietnamese are mostly mail-order brides, although some are factory workers and caretakers as well. Most are South Vietnamese, from the Mekong Delta region.

As for Taiwanese women, I really don't have any experience with them. Can't say. Got mobbed by friendly Southeast Asian women so I've had no chance to get to know the more platonic Taiwanese.
@Falcon
Do you mean girls in Taipei walked up to Monkro and flirted with him? That seems impossible since it's illegal to talk to strangers here, as you know. You can notice that in the airport too in 5 min. Everyone acts like it's taboo to talk to strangers. Why is there some cult like mind control that makes everyone say the opposite? Very weird.

I met some Indonesian and Filipino girls here in Taiwan, and some TW girls too. I met them at a park by the lake. They were friendly to my face but after we parted ways, they were super rude on social media. They either blocked me or ghosted me or said rude things. I was shocked. It seems they are definitely connected to some egregore that hates me, because their dislike of me is instinctive, like cats and dogs disliking each other because they belong to different egregores.

Keep in mind that we all belong to some kind of egregore or another. It uses us as avatars. It gives us life but extracts energy from us too. If someone dislikes us, it's because their egregore dislikes ours, and vice versa.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

kangarunner wrote:
January 6th, 2024, 2:44 pm
@Winston

I just asked Chat GPT : "what are some good social aspects of living in Taiwan?"

Taiwan offers a rich social environment with various appealing aspects for residents. Here are some of the positive social aspects of living in Taiwan:

1. **Friendly and Hospitable Culture:** Taiwanese people are known for their friendliness, warmth, and hospitality towards both locals and foreigners. The culture emphasizes respect and politeness, making it easy for newcomers to feel welcome and integrated.

2. **Cultural Diversity:** Taiwan has a vibrant cultural scene, influenced by its diverse history and various ethnic groups. Festivals, traditional performances, and cultural events are frequently held throughout the year, allowing residents to immerse themselves in different customs and traditions.

3. **Safety and Security:** Taiwan is considered one of the safest countries in Asia. The low crime rates contribute to a sense of security, making it comfortable for people to live and socialize, especially in urban areas.

4. **Food Culture:** Taiwan is renowned for its delicious and diverse food options. Night markets, street vendors, and local eateries offer a wide array of affordable and tasty dishes. Taiwanese cuisine is a significant social element, bringing people together to share meals and experiences.

5. **Strong Sense of Community:** Taiwanese society values community ties, and neighborhoods often have strong social connections. People engage in community activities, local events, and festivals, fostering a sense of belonging and camaraderie.

6. **Convenience and Efficiency:** Taiwan boasts an efficient public transportation system and modern infrastructure, making it easy to navigate cities and towns. This convenience allows people to connect and socialize more easily.

7. **Language Opportunities:** While Mandarin Chinese is the official language, many Taiwanese people are also proficient in English. This language diversity provides an opportunity for cultural exchange and communication, facilitating social interactions for expatriates and visitors.

8. **Recreational Opportunities:** The island's diverse landscapes, from bustling cities to scenic mountains and beautiful coastlines, offer numerous recreational opportunities. Residents can enjoy outdoor activities, hiking, biking, and exploring natural attractions, contributing to a healthy and active lifestyle.

These social aspects collectively contribute to Taiwan's appeal as a welcoming and vibrant place to live, fostering a sense of community and providing numerous opportunities for social engagement and personal growth.
ChatGPT is politically correct. I disagree. Taiwanese are very cold, not friendly. Even Yohan noticed this. They might be polite but they aren't social or interested in hanging out. To try to is rude and against the grain and against the flow and unwelcome. Try and see. An Italian guy I met at church told me that everyone has their own family and friends here and doesn't need you, so making friends is rude in Taiwan. He was weird, totally different from the Italian guys I know in Angeles City. How do you explain that? Why was he so friggin rude?

I also sent you some texts from girls I met here. They were rude as hell as you saw.

No one will even play tennis with you here. They claim they have their own groups to play with and don't need you. How is that friendly? It's rude as f**k.

There is no benefit to expatting to Taiwan except for low cost living.

It is not that beautiful either. You can't enjoy the outdoors because insects keep biting you and ants keep crawling on you if you sit down on a bench in nature. It's very annoying. The outdoors here is insect infected.

So the only benefit here is lower cost living. Nothing else. The vibe is also negative and awkward. I can't be myself or talk to strangers like I can in Europe or Russia. Big difference.

Regardless, if ChatGPT says something different from what I see and experience in real life, I'm going with what I see in reality. Text words are BS and doesn't prove anything.

Maybe Taiwan is only friendly if you are an NPC and not a real soul or real person? That's what it seems like.

Also even my mom admitted that Taiwanese are not open to making friends with strangers. How do you explain that? Yet you do see couples everywhere in Taiwan. So I don't get it. The matrix must be f***ing with me? If so it's an asshole.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

To give you an idea of how Rock spins the truth dishonestly:

When I told Rock that cats and dogs don't like each other and don't hang out as natural friends, which everyone knows, he tried to debate it by saying he knows of cats and dogs who have made friends and hang out together. See how that is? He takes a 1 in a 1000 exception and uses it to try to disprove me. Only an NPC would do that. It's annoying as hell and a waste of time. It's not logical either. It's like Rock has no regard for truth, only in arguing. It's annoying as hell.

Notice above that he knowingly lied about the average salary in Taiwan being 100k NT in order to try to gaslight and shame me, because I said my website income was above the average salary in Taiwan. That's why he said that, to try to shame and gaslight me because that's in his nature. Isn't it wrong to make up lies to gaslight someone? What's the motive behind that? Is it evil? What do you think @Pixel--Dude and @Lucas88? Why do some people need to bring you down and will even use lies to do it? Is it purely evil or just an NPC being used by the matrix to give you a hard time?

Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

Winston wrote:
January 6th, 2024, 2:58 pm

When I told Rock that cats and dogs don't like each other and don't hang out as natural friends, which everyone knows, he tried to debate it by saying he knows of cats and dogs who have made friends and hang out together. See how that is? He takes a 1 in a 1000 exception and uses it to try to disprove me. Only an NPC would do that. It's annoying as hell and a waste of time. It's not logical either. It's like Rock has no regard for truth, only in arguing. It's annoying as hell.
I met few Taiwanese myself. Taiwanese people are polite, orderly, hard working and hygienic, but they are mostly empty vessels, NPC like, robotic, hollow people especially in America. Nothing special to write about.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

It sounds like Taiwanese people are clones of your cousin Taylor. :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
viewtopic.php?p=174767
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Winston wrote:
January 6th, 2024, 2:51 pm
ChatGPT is politically correct. I disagree. Taiwanese are very cold, not friendly. Even Yohan noticed this. They might be polite but they aren't social or interested in hanging out. To try to is rude and against the grain and against the flow and unwelcome. Try and see. An Italian guy I met at church told me that everyone has their own family and friends here and doesn't need you, so making friends is rude in Taiwan. He was weird, totally different from the Italian guys I know in Angeles City. How do you explain that? Why was he so friggin rude?
@Winston Why do you have such a bad attitude? Why can't you just get along with everyone and be a nice Asian like everyone else?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

kangarunner wrote:
January 6th, 2024, 3:10 pm
Winston wrote:
@Winston Why do you have such a bad attitude? Why can't you just get along with everyone and be a nice Asian like everyone else?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Most Asians are troglodytes remember?
viewtopic.php?t=36725
I've noticed some disturbing ugly truths about asia. Most asians are troglodytes. Very primitive and small minded. All they can do is work and follow and conform and worship money. They cannot think for themselves or be orginal or come up with new ideas. They do not even ponder the mysteries of existence. Thus they never grow or evolve. Even most of my taiwanese cousins who grew up in america are like that. This is true for the bulk majority of asians. Except for the ones on this forum of course.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

kangarunner wrote:
January 6th, 2024, 3:10 pm
Winston wrote:
It's not a bad attitude to say that fire is hot and ice is cold. It's just telling it like it is. Even if I have a positive attitude, TW people are still cold and unfriendly to me and disinterested in making friends. Why lie just to be politically correct? Only NPCs do that right? Why lie? Don't you prefer honesty and truth?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
January 6th, 2024, 3:06 pm
It sounds like Taiwanese people are clones of your cousin Taylor. :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
viewtopic.php?p=174767
Yeah but at least Taylor is friendly to me and replies to me on Messenger sometimes. Btw Taylor is not a blood cousin. His dad and mine are good long time friends, so in that sense I call him a cousin. He is very different and not a freethinker, but he is friendlier than most Taiwanese and he grew up in the 80s too so he is kind of old school too. He is a radiologist with a wife and kids and high income, totally different from me. lol. But he is one of the few TW that are nice to me, besides @Falcon of course.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
January 6th, 2024, 3:03 pm
Winston wrote:
January 6th, 2024, 2:58 pm

I met few Taiwanese myself. Taiwanese people are polite, orderly, hard working and hygienic, but they are mostly empty vessels, NPC like, robotic, hollow people especially in America. Nothing special to write about.
I agree. But here's what I don't get. If it's impossible to connect with TW people because they are soulless and empty and have no social skills and they ignore you and don't even try to make friends, how do TW people make friends with each other then and how do TW couples connect? And how come you see couples everywhere in TW? It's a bizarre riddle. Is it because if you are cold like them, then you have an easier time making friends? Because cold people belong to a different egregore than we do so they can connect with each other in ways that we cannot since we aren't on their frequency? That's what Lucas88 explained to me, because he noticed the same phenomenon in Japan too.

What do you think @Lucas88? Can you explain what you told me on WhatsApp here too?