Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

I'll be visiting Taiwan to see a friend during CNY.

Arrange meetups and get togethers with other Happier Abroad members in your area, or coming to your area.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: I'll be visiting Taiwan to see a friend during CNY.

Post by Rock » February 17th, 2015, 3:23 pm

Zboy, you are just staying a few days and visiting during Chinese New Year. All you can do is tourist stuff.

Winston stays mainly in the small city of Chiayi. He's had very short visits to Taichung, Kaoshuing, and Taipei. I think he lived in suburban Taipei (Tanshui) for some months back when he was 17 too.

If you don't pipeline girls in advance via websites, you probably won't be dating. Even Monkro needed time to warm up girls he succeeded with after getting their numbers. He did have some success in clubs too but I don't think that's your thing. PM him and let him advise you first hand.

Also talk to Falcon if you are interested in meeting Indos in CKS Memorial Hall, Filippinos around Datung on Chung Shan N. Rd., or both around Taipei Railway Station. He's the expert on that.

The natural beauty is more on east coast - areas like Hualian and Taitung where you not only encounter more natural wonders but also can meet many aborigines. Taiwan has 7 or 8 recognized native tribes. If you stay near Taipei, I recommend you take a full day trip to Wulai to visit and indulge in hot springs and also visit aborigine museum (there's also a lot of aborigines there too).

I hope it doesn't rain while you are there at least. Good luck and hope you can find some positives there.

BTW, last month, I hosted a couple and their son in one of the studios I have in Taipei. Here is one of the comments they sent me on Skype:

All is well! We are enjoying Taipei very much. People are great and go out of their way to help. Three people have given us their email addresses/phone numbers in case we need help.

The apartment is working out well. We have everything we need. S...... (guy in one of other rooms) is great and we get along perfectly.

Although our son has not made his flight reservations yet, he has promised to come to see us around 22 and stay a few days. We would see him more if he stayed here, so we are suggesting that to him; we shall see. He needs to go to Hualien on Jan 25, so we will go there at the same time and stay for a few days.

Changing topics: Have you been to Ye-liu, the sandstone beach? We thought it would be nice, but Lonely Planet kind of bypasses it. For you, what would the "do not miss" be in Taipei/Surroundings. We went to National Palace Museum, Longshun/Night Market on blue line north east from here, Tamsui, Elephant Mountain.

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi » February 28th, 2015, 7:49 am

If he just wants to travel around the island, I'd suggest reading http://www.backpackers.com.tw/forum/

https://zh-t.airbnb.com/s/Taiwan might be cheaper than hotels

I may be in TPE area in April, pending when I leave Japan.

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon » August 31st, 2015, 9:44 pm

Rock wrote: Falcon likes Taipei in spite of urban Han girls (who he's never beena fan of) cus he's a hit with the Indo's who hang-out at CKS Memorial Hall and Winston...well we all know about that lol.

Also talk to Falcon if you are interested in meeting Indos in CKS Memorial Hall, Filippinos around Datung on Chung Shan N. Rd., or both around Taipei Railway Station. He's the expert on that.
I took Monkro to an Indo cafe in around the Taipei Railway Station, and he got hit on there by the ladies. ("Your eyes are so beautiful.")

You can also find Indonesian ladies in Indonesian-run convenience stores, parks, hospitals, community centers, and outdoor cafes. Most are ethnic Javanese. Indos are roughly 80% female, 20% male.
Filipinos are harder to find these days, and they're rapidly being replaced by Indos. Many are from Luzon. Indos are roughly 50% female, 50% male.
Thais are mostly around Taoyuan, as many of them are factory and construction workers. Many are from Sukhothai Province in northern Thailand, and from Isaan. Thais are roughly 20% female, 80% male.
Vietnamese are mostly mail-order brides, although some are factory workers and caretakers as well. Most are South Vietnamese, from the Mekong Delta region.

As for Taiwanese women, I really don't have any experience with them. Can't say. Got mobbed by friendly Southeast Asian women so I've had no chance to get to know the more platonic Taiwanese.