Anyone want to meet up in the Philippines?--Zboy

Arrange meetups and get togethers with other Happier Abroad members in your area, or coming to your area.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Anyone want to meet up in the Philippines?--Zboy

Post by zboy1 »

I'll be going on vacation in the middle of July. Any suggestions on where I should go in the Philippines? I would also like to meet some HAer's living in the Philippines as well.

I'm in China right now, so it'll only be a few hours for me to catch a flight to go the country.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Anyone want to meet up in the Philippines?

Post by Yohan »

If you are in China, near HongKong, there are frequent flights direct to Cebu. No need to change airplane in Manila.

Sorry, but I will be in Thailand/Pattaya in July. I am in Cebu mostly in April or May only.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Anyone want to meet up in the Philippines?--Zboy

Post by zboy1 »

Where's a good place to visit in the Philippines? Cebu or Visaya?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

zboy1 wrote:Where's a good place to visit in the Philippines? Cebu or Visvaya?
Panay, Negros, Cebu, Bohol, Leyte, Samar are the Visayas islands.

https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Visayas

It is easy from Cebu City to move over to Leyte and Bohol, several good connections by ship, speed boat every day.
As my foster daughter is living in Cebu-Mandaue City, I stay most time only within Cebu City. Plenty of hotels from the cheapest to the most expensive category available.

Only Cebu City has an international airport with a few direct flights to HongKong, Tokyo and some other cities, otherwise you have to change airplane in Manila.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Yohan wrote:
zboy1 wrote:Where's a good place to visit in the Philippines? Cebu or Visvaya?
Panay, Negros, Cebu, Bohol, Leyte, Samar are the Visayas islands.

https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Visayas

It is easy from Cebu City to move over to Leyte and Bohol, several good connections by ship, speed boat every day.
As my foster daughter is living in Cebu-Mandaue City, I stay most time only within Cebu City. Plenty of hotels from the cheapest to the most expensive category available.

Only Cebu City has an international airport with a few direct flights to HongKong, Tokyo and some other cities, otherwise you have to change airplane in Manila.
Thanks Yohan.

This kind of basic info is nearly impossible to glean with google etc.

PS I wish I could meet the Z-Man there. I wish him well.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

http://www.schedule.ph/boat/from/Ormoc/to/Cebu-City

http://www.bohol.ph/article107.html
http://schedule.ph/boat/from/Cebu-City/to/Bohol
http://www.mactan-cebuairport.com.ph/

https://www.cebupacificair.com/bn-en/Pa ... e-map.aspx

Google Philippines for search works quite well.
https://www.google.com.ph/?gws_rd=ssl

There is a lot of information about Cebu on the internet, but it is somewhat 'dispersed', always incomplete, outdated etc. etc.

Philippines is surely not the place for everybody.
Some like it and want to stay there forever. Others are happy to leave and think a few days are more than enough.
It's not only about girls, to live there you have to accustom to the local situation, quite different from other countries in Asia.

About hotel accomodation, I am using AGODA since several years, never had a problem with AGODA and the two hotels I am using, on arrival, all was paid already, the room reserved, and the rate was significantly cheaper paid in USD by creditcard than payment on arrival in cash PHP.

If you have any question about Cebu, please ask me, maybe I can help.

About Zboy1, he seems to be a very reasonable and realistic person, if I had any opportunity, I would also like to meet him, either in Japan, Philippines or Thailand/Cambodia. Place is not really a problem, but time is often difficult to arrange. I am usually in Japan, but during April in Philippines, and during Juli and January in Thailand.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock and Mr S are in Manila. And Billy is in Angeles City still. You should try to meet up with them Zboy and ask for suggestions. Angeles City is fun for a few days. Billy can take you bar hopping. Then you will understand why Angeles is so addicting to us. lol. I'll PM them and see if they're available.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Rock and Mr S are in Manila. And Billy is in Angeles City still. You should try to meet up with them Zboy and ask for suggestions. Angeles City is fun for a few days. Billy can take you bar hopping. Then you will understand why Angeles is so addicting to us. lol. I'll PM them and see if they're available.
Maybe in Manila area zboy1 would like:

- Intramurous old churches and old Spanish town. Great to have an afternoon tea there and walk around

- Binando (oldest China town in world)

- Some of the museums

- Korean spa like Jing Gil Bong or the one near Star City

- Laguna hot springs resorts (can be done on a day trip, esp. Sunday), many Koreans and Chinese

- Good Korean restaurants

- Greenbelt

- BCG Fort

- MOA

There's really not much to see here unfortunately. But those few places might be worth checking out. Manila is only 1-2 hours from Angeles City so he can take care of those two in 2 or 3 days. In Angeles, might consider a day trip to Mt. Pinatubo.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Thanks for all the tips. I'm still deciding between Cebu or Manilla/Angeles City. I would use couchsurfing to save money and have someone to help me with the local area.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

zboy1 wrote:Thanks for all the tips. I'm still deciding between Cebu or Manilla/Angeles City. I would use couchsurfing to save money and have someone to help me with the local area.
To be frank, neither Cebu nor Metro Manila are very pleasant places to tour. As far as interesting attractions and cool places to visit go, I would say for every one that exists in Metro Manila, you could probably find several dozen in a city like Bangkok. Philippines is interesting mainly because of the people and their habits and culture.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I agree with rock. The tourist attractions in the Philippines are mediocre at best and usually overpriced due to Filipino greed. The real attraction are the girls and how sweet and soothing they are to be around. That's what men go there for.

But you can try visiting the beaches of boracay or palawan. Boracay has some cheap hostels and bungalows that you can find on hostels.com and Lonely Planet website. But palawan may not have cheap options.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne