The Number One Thing That Women Are Looking For In A Husband

Discuss what's wrong with American women. Share problems, experiences and stories about them and why they suck so bad that you've had to resort to dating abroad and foreign women.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The Number One Thing That Women Are Looking For In A Hus

Post by Adama »

Check out the very first comment, posted two years ago:

Anonymous • 2 years ago

The problem is that people look at marriage as a financial arrangement rather than a spiritual one. The marriage vows are for men to love, honor, and cherish their wives and for women to love, honor, and obey their husbands. The vows are that you are binding yourself to another until death separates you and it is to last through sickness and health, riches and poverty, through both good and bad times.

Young people today are trained to view marriage and family as a burden. Young men are trained to treat women as sex objects and women are trained to treat men like walking atm machines. This view of marriage transforms it from something holy and sacred to legalized prostitution.

My wife and I are unemployed living with my parents (who are disabled). In truth, they need us just as much as we need them. We got married because we are best friends and love each other. Yes, being unemployed means we have to be creative when we have fun, like going to the cheap theaters instead of seeing premieres, but we struggle together. It builds character. We trust the Lord that things will get better. We want to do what is right in His eyes rather than follow the sheeple.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

The number one thing a woman wants is a man that acts like a man. That shouldn't be rocket science.
Nailer
Freshman Poster

Post by Nailer »

HouseMD wrote:The number one thing a woman wants is a man that acts like a man. That shouldn't be rocket science.
Be EXCITING. Commit FELONIES. Maybe you will get to have SEX.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Nailer wrote:
HouseMD wrote:The number one thing a woman wants is a man that acts like a man. That shouldn't be rocket science.
I've committed zero felonies and had sex with dozens of women. It. Isn't. Hard.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

HouseMD wrote:
Nailer wrote:
Much like the employment situation, with slut sexual encounters one little thing can mean the difference between getting nothing and getting sex on demand. In your case it is most likely that you are going to be a doctor which is part of the traditional privilegeded ruling class of America. Most men are not in that situation and no, having a can-do attitude will not fix the problem.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Cornfed wrote:
HouseMD wrote:
Nailer wrote:
Much like the employment situation, with slut sexual encounters one little thing can mean the difference between getting nothing and getting sex on demand. In your case it is most likely that you are going to be a doctor which is part of the traditional privilegeded ruling class of America. Most men are not in that situation and no, having a can-do attitude will not fix the problem.
I've been in a committed relationship before I ever even started medical school. I will say that there is a ton of opportunity I have to shake off now, but I never had issues before.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

HouseMD wrote:I've been in a committed relationship before I ever even started medical school. I will say that there is a ton of opportunity I have to shake off now, but I never had issues before.
And there are lots of people who, for whatever reason, can cross the road and get a job, but that doesn't mean that unemployment is a non-issue.
Nailer
Freshman Poster

Post by Nailer »

Actually, in my view it comes down to 1) be good looking 2) have a social/work circle with plenty of attractive women 3) don't have anything blatantly wrong with your personality. I'd say at this point my problem is #2. Going to bars or playing kickball doesn't cut it, you need an extreme amount of exposure nowadays. I did a volunteer gig a couple weeks ago for a few hours, and 4-5 girls were asking me about myself, etc. (and I ended up hooking up with one a few days later). If I had just been there as a customer no one would have said anything to me. You have to be on display as the focal point.

The "wall of ice" we complain about kind of goes both ways, too. Girls feel like it is okay to talk to the staff, but it is not okay to talk to another customer. Therefore if you are part of the staff and they think you are cute, they will feel okay approaching you.
Last edited by Nailer on March 25th, 2017, 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

I have a friend who is an ER doctor. He has a hard time with women. He's even tall, muscular and handsome. Wife just dumped him to start her own career as a dental hygienist.
growup
Freshman Poster

Re: The Number One Thing That Women Are Looking For In A Husband

Post by growup »

As a woman...women are looking for love. And respect.
Money?
I can make my own money, and I always have.
My husband has made less than me, for almost our entire 13 year marriage. That's okay.
I don't need someone to give me money, or to buy me a car, or to buy me a house.
I love him, and I respect him, and he loves me and respects me.
I understand where a lot of you are jaded because of bad experiences, and I don't hold that against you.
Just know that we're not all cold hearted gold diggers.
some of us are a lot like you.
UpWithTheWu
Freshman Poster

Post by UpWithTheWu »

Winston, please ban this ugly female. She is attempting to lower the quality of discussion on your forum with her p***y. This isn't a place to share fee-fee's/useless womanly platitudes and obviously she has zero insight whatsoever to grasp the concept of widespread American female narcissists, because she likely is one herself or so immersed in that social programming she must defend them/her gender AT ALL COSTS.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Yeah, we've already argued all the feminists out of here years ago. Lets not have to do it all over again.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

Rather than insults and banning I'd like to see people argue with reason and evidence. Personal anecdote is cute once in awhile but there is way too much of it on this board imo.

The OP linked an article to a Pew Research Center study that supports the notion that women are looking for money above all else when seeking a husband. 78% of never-married women said a man holding a steady job was very important to them, a number higher than for any other considerations to look for in a spouse. So absent some solid counter-evidence I'm inclined to believe it. A majority of women are effectively diggers of gold, or diggers of some sort of precious metal at least (the study didn't ask what kind of job it should be).

And if I believe that then I also must believe that for 22% of women the man having a job is not important. So a minority of women who are not diggers exists.

Now I know that a survey is not the strongest form of evidence because people often lie. So when a study rooted in stronger evidence comes along I might revise my beliefs. Still, a survey conducted by an establishment with a background in conducting surveys beats the hell out of random anecdotes, I'd say.

Oh, and looking at the results of that survey I noticed another interesting thing-a-ma-bob. For all possible things to look for in a spouse (steady job, desire for children, same religion, same ethnicity, etc), the percentage of "yes" replies on the mens' side were either equal or less than on the womens' side.

That means: either the questions were weighted towards the kind of things that women are more interested in OR...men are simply less picky than women.

Then when you consider evidence from other sources, such as data from online dating research that shows men have a _much_ more difficult time getting matches, I think you could make a case for the latter. Which if true would place the blame for the sinking marriage rate at the feet of women -- another thought that has been tossed around this thread. (We wouldn't be the first ones to suspect that women's choosiness might have something to do with trends these days)
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

UpWithTheWu wrote:
July 17th, 2018, 8:59 pm
Winston, please ban this ugly female. She is attempting to lower the quality of discussion on your forum with her p***y. This isn't a place to share fee-fee's/useless womanly platitudes and obviously she has zero insight whatsoever to grasp the concept of widespread American female narcissists, because she likely is one herself or so immersed in that social programming she must defend them/her gender AT ALL COSTS.
Give her a chance FFS. No evidence as yet.

Kangaroo court dismissed.