Unusual question about American women

Discuss what's wrong with American women. Share problems, experiences and stories about them and why they suck so bad that you've had to resort to dating abroad and foreign women.
darwinsturtle
Freshman Poster

Unusual question about American women

Post by darwinsturtle »

Why do so many American women, especially the younger generation, have this squeaky, screechy voice when they speak? I can't really pin it down or put my finger on it, but it seems to be a combination of squeakiness, screechiness, and a whiny, phony disposition. It's as though one is always listening to a Barbie doll or Valley girl who has nothing interesting or substantial to say -- pardon my expressions.

I've never once come across a European woman, or a South American woman for that matter, even a young one, with that nasal, screechy, uneducated voice. What do you think is the origin of this phenomenon in American women?

Thanks for your help.
Last edited by darwinsturtle on May 6th, 2020, 7:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pacsun
Freshman Poster

Post by Pacsun »

I call this the "Brooke Shields Syndrome." American women have this Mickey Mouse sounding voice in their teens and 20's, but they sound like Billy Dee Williams when they get older and older. It won't last for very long.

Examples:

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: unusual question about American women

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

darwinsturtle wrote:Why do so many American women, especially the younger generation, have this squeaky, screechy voice when they speak? I can't really pin it down or put my finger on it, but it seems to be a combination of squeakiness, screechiness, and a whiny, phony disposition. It's as though one is always listening to a Barbie doll or Valley girl who has nothing interesting or substantial to say -- pardon my expressions.

I've never once come across a European woman, or a South American woman for that matter, even a young one, with that nasal, screechy, uneducated voice. What do you think is the origin of this phenomenon in American women?

Thanks for your help.
I've often wondered the same thing. The conclusion I came to is that American women speak so that femininity is de-emphasized. The tone, cadence, speed, and delivery mimic male speech and it sounds awful and unladylike.

Blame this on the "Assertiveness" and "Empowerment" training American women have received since the 70's and 80's. Now all the young girls emulate the screeching banshees that pollute our airwaves. I barely can stand to hear them babble for more than 10 minutes a stretch.
starkeep
Freshman Poster

identity crisis

Post by starkeep »

8) I have noticed a lot of theses generation x people growing up now the boys have long hair and act like girls the girls have crewcuts and tattos.
I dont know if it is the rock culture type of thing but i think it has caused a gender idenity crisis in many generation x here.
fed up
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Re: unusual question about American women

Post by Repatriate »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
darwinsturtle wrote:Why do so many American women, especially the younger generation, have this squeaky, screechy voice when they speak? I can't really pin it down or put my finger on it, but it seems to be a combination of squeakiness, screechiness, and a whiny, phony disposition. It's as though one is always listening to a Barbie doll or Valley girl who has nothing interesting or substantial to say -- pardon my expressions.

Thanks for your help.
I've often wondered the same thing. The conclusion I came to is that American women speak so that femininity is de-emphasized. The tone, cadence, speed, and delivery mimic male speech and it sounds awful and unladylike.

Blame this on the "Assertiveness" and "Empowerment" training American women have received since the 70's and 80's. Now all the young girls emulate the screeching banshees that pollute our airwaves. I barely can stand to hear them babble for more than 10 minutes a stretch.
What's worse is the hand on the hips mix of phony authoritative pose and sarcastic voice that's pretty common amongst middle aged American women. You see examples of this if you watch commercials the American husband is always a blundering idiot and the wife always adopts this stance. I've seen American women do this sort of thing in real life as well.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

What's more annoying is women who have a deep masculine sounding voice. You know, the type of women who if you were talking to them over the phone, you could swear you were talking to a guy! lol :lol:

Deep masculine voices on a woman REALLY turn men off! I guess some women like to adopt males attributes (a deep voice being one of the them). It's funny, I never hear a foreign woman with a deep masculine voice! :D
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

They also end all sentences when speaking, including simple declarative sentences, with a higher-pitched question mark (and an exclamation point when they write). To me this suggests a fundamental lack of self-confidence. On the one hand, they are taught to esteem themselves highly and that the world is their oyster. They are given degrees and told that they have been educated. But at some level they know this isn't true, that they are just dumb little narcissistic ditzes and really have no valid reasons to esteem themselves. I think this cognitive dissonance might have something to do with their bizarre manner of speaking. Deep inside they see themselves as having all the substance of a Barbie doll.

It might also go some way toward explaining the bad boy syndrome. They size up the guys who treat them like shit as being smart enough to understand them and their true lack of worth; the nice guys are just dummies who take them at face value.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

gsjackson wrote: It might also go some way toward explaining the bad boy syndrome. They size up the guys who treat them like shit as being smart enough to understand them and their true lack of worth; the nice guys are just dummies who take them at face value.
There is some fundamental truth to that. They don't respect "nice" men because it's a sign of psychological weakness and subservience in their mind. Any kind of desperation or dependency is just a huge turnoff. They know their personality and lifestyle is a sham so they can't respect anyone that takes them at face value.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Repatriate wrote:They know their personality and lifestyle is a sham so they can't respect anyone that takes them at face value.
I've wondered about this many times and I'm still not sure if it's ultimately true but probably.