Guidelines for the new expat-only forum

Moderated area for expat living and dating discussions. Members only. Must qualify with good knowledge, experience, character to be member and participate. See guidelines inside. Civil behavior only. No trolls, attacks or insults.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Note: I just moved this thread into the new expat forum and stickied it, since it contains the guidelines for the new expat forum.

That way, it will save Zboy the trouble of creating a new sticky post for the guidelines, unless of course he wishes to amend the guidelines. If so, he can do that by editing the first post of this thread, or creating a new sticky.

Btw, if any of you want to submit a request to Zboy to join the new expat forum, I think you can submit your request here:

groupcp.php?g=11136

Or click on the "Usergroups" link at the top to get to the group page and submit your request. If there are any problems, let me know.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Winston wrote:Zboy,
Did you see my announcement and instructions above? Do you understand it all? If there are any questions, let me know. You know how to add members and delete members right?

For some reason, you aren't answering any of my question directly. Are you seeing my posts? Do you like the title I chose for the new forum?

Yeah don't invite newbies to it yet until they've shown that they are good posters. For now, just invite veteran members into it.

I left it as an open group. This means that members can submit requests to join. If I change it to a closed group, then members cannot submit requests to join. Which do you prefer?

Also, if you like, I can move this thread into the new expat forum, since it contains the guidelines of it, instead of having you create a new sticky post with the rules in it. What do you prefer?

Zboy, I've asked you all these questions several times already. Are you not seeing my posts? These are important questions. Can you please answer them?
Sorry Winston, I've been busy the past few days. I will have to catch-up on some things on the new expat-forum: I've already added some new members to the the expat forum--and now I will have to post rules and also pm people who have left the forum, previously, out of disgust with how things were, but may return now that there is a separate section on HA.
Last edited by zboy1 on June 28th, 2014, 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

Thanks for adding me.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Can you move it to the top of the forum list so I don't have to scroll down to get to it?

Also whats the requirements for joining?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

eurobrat wrote:Can you move it to the top of the forum list so I don't have to scroll down to get to it?

One of four requirements to join:

1) Is an experienced traveler that has traveled to many different countries

or

2)Is currently or has been an expat, working or living in a foreign country.

or

3) Has extensive knowledge about a particular foreign country--including the women, the culture and the language of a country.

or

4) Is intimately knowledgeable in meeting and dating foreign women (with some members even operating a foreign dating service or website).
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

zboy1 wrote:
eurobrat wrote:Can you move it to the top of the forum list so I don't have to scroll down to get to it?

or

or

3) Has extensive knowledge about a particular foreign country--including the women, the culture and the language of a country.

or

4) Is intimately knowledgeable in meeting and dating foreign women (with some members even operating a foreign dating service or website).
You forgot #5: Must have a known history of good behavior and posting quality content.

When are you guys going to start topics in the new expat forum?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

You mean at the very top, above the Announcements section? Well maybe. Do you all want that? The thing is, if we add more forums later under Zboy's "umbrella of forums", then they will have to be up there as well. Perhaps we should have a whole new section for them. We will think about it.

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:
zboy1 wrote:

or

or

or

You forgot #5: Must have a known history of good behavior and posting quality content.

When are you guys going to start topics in the new expat forum?
I'm finishing up my Italy expat report. I will post it when I'm done.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Winston wrote:

You mean at the very top, above the Announcements section? Well maybe. Do you all want that? The thing is, if we add more forums later under Zboy's "umbrella of forums", then they will have to be up there as well. Perhaps we should have a whole new section for them. We will think about it.
Ok I moved this board to the top of the forum index, since it's a VIP forum. Hope that makes you guys feel special. :)

Zboy, do you think you will be having an umbrella of forums like this in the future? If so, we can create a new category for them.

Also, how do you like the title of this forum that I chose? And do you want to keep it an open group, so that people can submit requests to join? I've asked you these questions three times already. When will you address them?

To everyone: If you want to see if you are a member of this group, go to the group page here:
groupcp.php?g=11136

See if your name is on the memberlist. Do you all see a memberlist there? It should also have a button where you can subscribe or submit a request to be added to the group.

Or you can see if you are able to reply to this thread or any other thread in the expat forum. If you are, then you are probably a member. If not, then you aren't.

***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

Now this is what is right. Finally a troll free forum.
Array9
Freshman Poster

Re: Guidelines for the new expat-only forum

Post by Array9 »

zboy1 wrote:Winston, we should agree that the new expat-only forum concentrates on matters related to travel, overseas dating and being "Happier Abroad."

Topics such as racism, conspiracy theories, troll posts, or Winston-bashing threads be immediately deleted--and cause for expulsion from this new section of HappierAbroad.

It should be by invitation only; new members cannot join unless they have been on the forum for a month--and posting only good threads. And they have to be overseas, or have a lot of experience living or traveling abroad.

Also, there should a code-of-civility on the expat-only forum, where cursing or mocking other people should not be tolerated.

These are the members that should originally be invited to this new section:

E_Irizzary, Rock, Mr.Peabody, Jester, Momopi, Jackal, Eurobrat, Kai1275, Celery2010, Baoning, MarcosZeitola , Repatriate, Taco, JP, OutWest, Renata, NorthAmericanGuy, Sushiman, Array, Dragon, Hero, SkateboardStephen, Contrarian Expatriate, Grunt, Ladislav, have2Fly, pete98146, Fschmidt,
Xiongmao, Steve55, TheAdventurer, JamaicanInChina, Ghost, davewe, Falcon, ThinkDifferent, MrS, mguy, chanta76, DarkSol, Robert77, onezero4u, magnum, AmericanInMexico, WorldTraveler, newlifeinphilippines, ethan sg, Array9, DiscoProJoe, Cheezeraider, Everdred, AmericanInBangkok.

I included some people that no longer post on HA, but maybe they will change their minds and post again...if they see that the forum has created an expats-only forum, where only expats or experienced world travelers can post there?

I'm sure I'm leaving out some members: so please respond if you think you deserve to be invited, or you think someone should join. And tell us why?

To Rock, Repatriate, Grunt, MrS.--when posting on this section of the forum, please refrain from attacks on Winston. Also, to everyone else, please let's respect each other when posting there...

To Taco: no conspiracy-related threads on this section, please.

To Array, SkateboardStephen, Ladislav, Contrarian Expatriate and also to me (hahaha, see I can criticize myself sometimes...) no race-related threads in the expat-only forum.

The only question is: should non-members be able to view the threads created on the expats-only forum or not? They won't be able to post anything, but should they be able to view it?
I am honored to be a part of the VIP section. Thank you ZBoy
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Winston wrote:
Winston wrote:

Ok I moved this board to the top of the forum index, since it's a VIP forum. Hope that makes you guys feel special. :)

Zboy, do you think you will be having an umbrella of forums like this in the future? If so, we can create a new category for them.

Also, how do you like the title of this forum that I chose? And do you want to keep it an open group, so that people can submit requests to join? I've asked you these questions three times already. When will you address them?

To everyone: If you want to see if you are a member of this group, go to the group page here:
groupcp.php?g=11136

See if your name is on the memberlist. Do you all see a memberlist there? It should also have a button where you can subscribe or submit a request to be added to the group.

Or you can see if you are able to reply to this thread or any other thread in the expat forum. If you are, then you are probably a member. If not, then you aren't.
Sorry I haven't responded lately, Winston.

I like the forum title, so I don't have a problem with it...

Winston, keep it a open group but non-members shouldn't be allowed to post responses or new threads on the new expat section. And non-members will have to pm me in order to get invited--not submit requests to join: it would clutter-up the forum too much.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Update:

I've created a new category at the top for this forum called "VIP Forums" in case we decide to have more forums like this in the future.

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:Update:

I've created a new category at the top for this forum called "VIP Forums" in case we decide to have more forums like this in the future.
Great, now upgrade and get me my chatroom.
ntm1972
Freshman Poster

Post by ntm1972 »

Happy to be part of the new forum. Thanks for including me.