Italy Expat Report

Moderated area for expat living and dating discussions. Members only. Must qualify with good knowledge, experience, character to be member and participate. See guidelines inside. Civil behavior only. No trolls, attacks or insults.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

publicduende wrote:Once again, if you really felt happy and secure in Berlin, you wouldn't feel the urge to compare yourself with Italians. Yes I am working from home today, else I would have time to reply to you in such a timely fashion. Office jobs could be daunting for the commute, but at least give you the chance to interact with people, exchange ideas and see their reactions in their faces if you say something they don't like. Something you certainly need badly, as your mind is clearly rotting away, so stuck in the realm of online and phone (when you're lucky) interactions. That's why I had told you, even a simple bar job in Italy would have worked miracle to your social life, compared to the reclusion you are going through.
See this an example of your crappy advice, go find a bar job that pays €700-800 a month just to get some social interaction. How the hell can someone live off that, that's not even a living wage. By the time you pay rent €450/month you're left with nothing. Not to mention how depressed and trapped all those people in Italy looked. The working from home provides freedom and higher wages, you know this.
publicduende wrote:Euro is here to stay...and I am having my doubts here. And anyway, what you say about Italy might well be true, still you're not sounding objective, given that you had a very bad experience. The worse economy and politics in Italy wasn't the reasons you were miserable in Italy, just as much as the better situation in Germany won't help you being happier.
I am happier I feel economically safer here and I think Germany provides a lot more value and stability for the cost of living here. I'm not really sure what Italy can provide these days, but from what I see not much.
publicduende wrote:Grow up.
Tsk.. Tsk.. you just can't let go of that Italian thug attitude can you? You call me a ball of hate, but you're as cold as icicle in Ticino on a lone January night.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

eurobrat wrote:See this an example of your crappy advice, go find a bar job that pays €700-800 a month just to get some social interaction. How the hell can someone live off that, that's not even a living wage. By the time you pay rent €450/month you're left with nothing. Not to mention how depressed and trapped all those people in Italy looked. The working from home provides freedom and higher wages, you know this.
Of course it would have been a temporary thing, just to get to know a few people. And anyway, wasn't that what you were set out to do when you moved to Italy? Work in a youth hostel for more or less the same money: cleaning bedrooms, serving breakfast and hopefully chatting up some German tourist? See your hypocrisy...the moment you found the n-th thing you immediately spat on the (n-1)th thing. Typical of you.
publicduende wrote:I am happier I feel economically safer here and I think Germany provides a lot more value and stability for the cost of living here. I'm not really sure what Italy can provide these days, but from what I see not much.
Perhaps not much, but what you're looking for (and desperately need) has nothing to do with political and economic stability.
eurobrat wrote:
publicduende wrote:Grow up.
Tsk.. Tsk.. you just can't let go of that Italian thug attitude can you? You call me a ball of hate, but you're as cold as icicle in Ticino on a lone January night.
At least I'm not telling you to shove a (Euro)bratwurst up your bottom, like you did a few posts ago :)
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

publicduende wrote:Of course it would have been a temporary thing, just to get to know a few people. And anyway, wasn't that what you were set out to do when you moved to Italy? Work in a youth hostel for more or less the same money: cleaning bedrooms, serving breakfast and hopefully chatting up some German tourist? See your hypocrisy...the moment you found the n-th thing you immediately spat on the (n-1)th thing. Typical of you.
Well that was a fantasy in my head until I found out how much those jobs paid. Not to mention having to deal with an Italian boss.
publicduende wrote:Perhaps not much, but what you're looking for (and desperately need) has nothing to do with political and economic stability.
I don't have generous parents like you so I don't have this option, if I fall flat on my face I'm homeless. I do envy those whose parents let them roam free and go do what they want and have all the time in the world to cultivate relationships and girlfriends in foreign countries on mommy and daddies dime. Ahhh the dream life :D
publicduende wrote:At least I'm not telling you to shove a (Euro)bratwurst up your bottom, like you did a few posts ago :)
:lol: I may come off a little brass but it's for your own good.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

eurobrat wrote:
publicduende wrote:Of course it would have been a temporary thing, just to get to know a few people. And anyway, wasn't that what you were set out to do when you moved to Italy? Work in a youth hostel for more or less the same money: cleaning bedrooms, serving breakfast and hopefully chatting up some German tourist? See your hypocrisy...the moment you found the n-th thing you immediately spat on the (n-1)th thing. Typical of you.
Well that was a fantasy in my head until I found out how much those jobs paid. Not to mention having to deal with an Italian boss.
Maybe it was just a fantasy. But shall we say that was the "firm job offer" with which you flew over to Italy? You knew you were going to get full board and 900€, if you were really lucky. The prospect looked good for you, and as far as I am concerned that would have been a far better foothold in Italy. Given your mental state, I am seriously doubting it was all your Italian boss' fault, if you left it screaming.
eurobrat wrote:
publicduende wrote:Perhaps not much, but what you're looking for (and desperately need) has nothing to do with political and economic stability.
I don't have generous parents like you so I don't have this option, if I fall flat on my face I'm homeless. I do envy those whose parents let them roam free and go do what they want and have all the time in the world to cultivate relationships and girlfriends in foreign countries on mommy and daddies dime. Ahhh the dream life :D
What my "generous parents" did for me, they did about 15/20 years ago and is what most parents do: keep their kids in the house until they are financially independent. I left home a few months after I graduated and, luckily for the European system, I didn't have to pay anything for my engineering degree and only about £2000 for my masters in London. But well, I know exactly who you are referring to...and to be honest, assuming that's the truth about this person, I'd rather praise his parents for giving him a little extra support to fulfil his dream and be who he wants to be, than praise you for being so free and financially independent that you had to wind up bitter and jaded in Germany, venting your frustration on an online forums.
eurobrat wrote:
publicduende wrote:At least I'm not telling you to shove a (Euro)bratwurst up your bottom, like you did a few posts ago :)
:lol: I may come off a little brass but it's for your own good.
Sure. This time it won't stick, Antonio.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

publicduende wrote:Maybe it was just a fantasy. But shall we say that was the "firm job offer" with which you flew over to Italy? You knew you were going to get full board and 900€, if you were really lucky. The prospect looked good for you, and as far as I am concerned that would have been a far better foothold in Italy. Given your mental state, I am seriously doubting it was all your Italian boss' fault, if you left it screaming.
You're leaving out details for everyone to see. It was €800 and it was only SEASONAL meaning only 6-7 months out of the year. It was a huge step backwards from where I came from in the US and not stable at all. Furthermore I would have been trapped there in that small town. And yes the guy was one of the biggest Italian assholes I had met there that's why when I talked to the staff a lot of them said people only last a year at most working with him.
publicduende wrote:What my "generous parents" did for me, they did about 15/20 years ago and is what most parents do: keep their kids in the house until they are financially independent. I left home a few months after I graduated and, luckily for the European system, I didn't have to pay anything for my engineering degree and only about £2000 for my masters in London. But well, I know exactly who you are referring to...and to be honest, assuming that's the truth about this person, I'd rather praise his parents for giving him a little extra support to fulfil his dream and be who he wants to be, than praise you for being so free and financially independent that you had to wind up bitter and jaded in Germany, venting your frustration on an online forums.
I wasn't talking about anyone in general as there are lots of those people. And good for them, they get to escape reality and enjoy life while most of us man the machine at our employers day in and day out.

For the last time I'm not jaded and I am enjoying Germany not hating it. You're the one who sounds jaded because one person had a bad experience in Italy. You can't even just enjoy a online discussion without getting bent out of shape like a tarallini.

So chill out.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

eurobrat wrote:For the last time I'm not jaded and I am enjoying Germany not hating it. You're the one who sounds jaded because one person had a bad experience in Italy. You can't even just enjoy a online discussion without getting bent out of shape like a tarallini.

So chill out.
I don't care anymore whether you were jaded in Italy or happy in Germany, just stop using an "expart report" and ad-personam attacks to justify your social issues.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

eurobrat wrote:For the last time I'm not jaded and I am enjoying Germany not hating it. You're the one who sounds jaded because one person had a bad experience in Italy. You can't even just enjoy a online discussion without getting bent out of shape like a tarallini.

So chill out.
I don't care anymore whether you were jaded in Italy or happy in Germany, just stop using an "expart report" and ad-personam attacks to justify your social issues.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

publicduende wrote:

So chill out.
I don't have any personal social issues like you claim, you're trying to justify one thing by blaming another thing. It's my personal choice to live in Italy given the crappy socio-economic state and it's mock Americano culture it embraces. I wasn't looking for that in an expat experience and that's why I bailed, sort of like every other Italian.

I don't see you attacking other Italians who hate Italy and decide to leave. So it tells me you just cherry pick who you want to attack.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

eurobrat wrote:I don't have any personal social issues like you claim, you're trying to justify one thing by blaming another thing. It's my personal choice to live in Italy given the crappy socio-economic state and it's mock Americano culture it embraces. I wasn't looking for that in an expat experience and that's why I bailed, sort of like every other Italian.

I don't see you attacking other Italians who hate Italy and decide to leave. So it tells me you just cherry pick who you want to attack.
LOL are you really going insane? All the crap you said about Italy might well be true, but wasn't it you cherry picking me as the sole responsible for your disastrous experience? See why I think you may have some sort of autistic spectrum disorder? You always speak in the second person about something that you did and only depended on you. Externalising... Dude you really have to take a break, maybe a holiday, meet a few people, talk to them, shag them, whatever makes you happy and relaxed.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

publicduende wrote:
eurobrat wrote:I don't have any personal social issues like you claim, you're trying to justify one thing by blaming another thing. It's my personal choice to live in Italy given the crappy socio-economic state and it's mock Americano culture it embraces. I wasn't looking for that in an expat experience and that's why I bailed, sort of like every other Italian.

LOL are you really going insane? All the crap you said about Italy might well be true, but wasn't it you cherry picking me as the sole responsible for your disastrous experience? See why I think you may have some sort of autistic spectrum disorder? You always speak in the second person about something that you did and only depended on you. Externalising... Dude you really have to take a break, maybe a holiday, meet a few people, talk to them, shag them, whatever makes you happy and relaxed.
Well not just you but also like I said the current crisis in Italy determines everyones overall mood which effected mine. I'm much more passive now and you can call me whatever throwing around medical diagnosis spewing your shit as you always do, but in my eyes Italy is still a shit place to live and that's why you don't live there.

Like you said, where ever you go there you are.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

eurobrat wrote:
publicduende wrote:

Well not just you but also like I said the current crisis in Italy determines everyones overall mood which effected mine. I'm much more passive now and you can call me whatever throwing around medical diagnosis spewing your shit as you always do, but in my eyes Italy is still a shit place to live and that's why you don't live there.

Yeah right. You can't get away with all the slanderous shit you said about me with the excuse of the crisis. If anything, you should have recognised (like most people with a pair of eyes connected to a functioning brain) that the crisis is everywhere, so what's the point with singling out Italy vs the rest of Europe. If you are psychologically equipped to stay mentally sane and happy, you'll be happy in Italy or the Philippines or Kazakhstan or back home. I can see this is not the case. Maybe Germany will change your mood over time. For now, from what I can tell, you're handling it an absolutely awful way.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

publicduende wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
publicduende wrote:

Yeah right. You can't get away with all the slanderous shit you said about me with the excuse of the crisis. If anything, you should have recognised (like most people with a pair of eyes connected to a functioning brain) that the crisis is everywhere, so what's the point with singling out Italy vs the rest of Europe. If you are psychologically equipped to stay mentally sane and happy, you'll be happy in Italy or the Philippines or Kazakhstan or back home. I can see this is not the case. Maybe Germany will change your mood over time. For now, from what I can tell, you're handling it an absolutely awful way.
The crisis is everywhere, but the Italians aren't handling it very well and I don't even think this is the eye of the storm yet...

Either way, I don't want to be there when the shit hits the fan (soon). Those are very 19th century people living in a 21st century world.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Okay, Publicduende, final warning.

Please take your disagreements with Eurobrat private--and not on the forum.

We don't need any more distractions messing-up the forum.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I remember that Eurobrat's first trip report of Italy was positive. Where is it? Does anyone have a link to it? I remember seeing it a few years ago.

How do you explain why his first trip report was more positive?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:I remember that Eurobrat's first trip report of Italy was positive. Where is it? Does anyone have a link to it? I remember seeing it a few years ago.

How do you explain why his first trip report was more positive?
Easy enough, living in Italy isn't the same as a one week trip. I could say the same for Mexico, France and every other place I wouldn't live. This is my mistake perhaps but getting to know who Italians really are and what they stand for made me hate them even more.

But I'm much older and wiser now, I'll never fall for the cute colorful little old buildings and good food trick ever again.