Italy Expat Report

Moderated area for expat living and dating discussions. Members only. Must qualify with good knowledge, experience, character to be member and participate. See guidelines inside. Civil behavior only. No trolls, attacks or insults.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

eurobrat wrote:I tried this kind of attitude, it seems too fake and didn't work out for me. This is why I prefer the more down to earth cynical and negative girls.
Nobody would have expected you to be fake happy and not be yourself, but tagging along with a positive person who has lots of friends would have probably put you in a better mood and given you a few friendly/fun people to go out with. Another thing that shows us how heavily "invested in your state of misery" (to use a concept from Outwest) you were, and how you keen you were to validate your inner picture of Italy being a depressing place and you the unfairly treated foreigner.
eurobrat wrote:Whatever, seems like an excuse. He just thought I wasn't cool enough or didn't make enough money is what that response is code for.
No dude, I know it wasn't an excuse because your negativity was getting to my bones, too. I remember the countless mornings I would start my day reading your heartfelt expressions of frustration and hate towards Italy and Italians. It's OK the first few times, then it became daunting, especially when I realised there was no way for you to come out of that dark, dense corner you got stuck in.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

publicduende wrote:No dude, I know it wasn't an excuse because your negativity was getting to my bones, too. I remember the countless mornings I would start my day reading your heartfelt expressions of frustration and hate towards Italy and Italians. It's OK the first few times, then it became daunting, especially when I realised there was no way for you to come out of that dark, dense corner you got stuck in.
I wouldn't have let that happen to him if he was in the U.S. out of his element and away from his friends and family.

So I guess if I'm drowning I wouldn't be able to count on you two to save me.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Re: Italy Expat Report

Post by Maverick »

I'm in the process of obtaining dual citizenship too, as I'm of Italian descent. I've been going back and forth to Italy for genealogical research and meeting cousins. My parents hit it off with some of these newfound cousins and are moving out there in a few months.

Overall, I like Italy a lot, especially Sicily. I like the people here. They are very direct, no bullshit. If they are mad at you, they let you know it. I feel like I fit into this culture well.

The older generations are awesome. They live to be quite old and seem to be in great health. There are no sloppy fat people here like there are in the US. Also, the Italian language is beautiful.

As far as the economy, yes, it's crap. If you need income by working in a country, Italy probably wouldn't be your best bet.

I have not been impressed with what I've seen from the younger women here (though I will admit that I haven't really tried anything). As a whole, they don't seem to be much better than American women at first glance (except, of course, they are not fat).

With that said, you CAN find decent women here if you are able to crack into the higher class circles. I will probably spend some time in Italy trying to meet women once I have more time to spend there overall. I will most likely spend most of my time in Sicily since my research is primarily focused in this area. I'd love to marry an Italian girl and continue my Italian roots. We'll see though. I'm not married to the idea (and I do love me some Chinese and Filipino girls).

At one point, PD recommended Malta. I might check that out at some point too.

Seems like eurobrat's primary issue was his attitude, his lack of attempting to socialize, feelings of entitlement, and moving to a country just for the women.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Maverick--

I like that you rendered us this report. However, just one thing I have to say:
how good is your Italian? Please do not be one of these entitled Anglophone
expatriates that want their foreign woman to be fluent in English. Don't be lazy
nor a dumb ass (I'm speaking in hypotheticals); don't teach her English like that
if you can avoid that. Step it up, and learn Italian at least at an intermediate level
so it can mitigate her becoming corrupted from Western|Anglo|English-speaking
influence.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
December 26th, 2018, 9:41 am
Maverick--

expatriates that want their foreign woman to be fluent in English. Don't be lazy
nor a dumb ass (I'm speaking in hypotheticals); don't teach her English like that
if you can avoid that. Step it up, and learn Italian at least at an intermediate level
influence.
My Italian is passable. I'm still in the US (living in an area with few Italians). It is difficult to learn from afar, but I do plan on becoming fluent should I decide to live there. I would do that with any country I settle in. It doesn't make sense to do otherwise.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Maverick wrote:
December 28th, 2018, 12:30 am
Maverick--

influence.
My Italian is passable. I'm still in the US (living in an area with few Italians). It is difficult to learn from afar, but I do plan on becoming fluent should I decide to live there. I would do that with any country I settle in. It doesn't make sense to do otherwise.
Agreed. I will say, in addition, that Italians in the U.S. can be lazy in speaking Italian. As lame as this will sound, learn via DuoLingo if you have to.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

December 28th, 2018, 8:48 am
Maverick wrote:
Maverick--

influence.
Agreed. I will say, in addition, that Italians in the U.S. can be lazy in speaking Italian. As lame as this will sound, learn via DuoLingo if you have to.
I've been using DuoLingo and Babbel.

My family lives in Sicily (where my parents will be moving). In my experience, few people speak English in that area. So it should be fairly easy to become fluent.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Maverick wrote:
December 30th, 2018, 4:33 pm
Maverick wrote:
Maverick--

influence.

My family lives in Sicily (where my parents will be moving). In my experience, few people speak English in that area. So it should be fairly easy to become fluent.
Okay sweet. If you don't mind telling me here or in PM, why are your parents relocating to Sicily, Italy?
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

December 30th, 2018, 5:25 pm
Maverick wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Maverick--

influence.

Okay sweet. If you don't mind telling me here or in PM, why are your parents relocating to Sicily, Italy?
It's a long story, but, basically, one of my family members is sick and my parents are moving there to help them. Also, we don't have close family in the US (that we talk to). As they're getting older, they want to be closer to people they can rely on and are unsure where my brother and I will settle.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Maverick wrote:
December 30th, 2018, 7:53 pm
December 30th, 2018, 5:25 pm
Maverick wrote:
Maverick wrote:

It's a long story, but, basically, one of my family members is sick and my parents are moving there to help them. Also, we don't have close family in the US (that we talk to). As they're getting older, they want to be closer to people they can rely on and are unsure where my brother and I will settle.
That's smart because in the US as healthcare is the worst in the industrialized world, Americans are very solipsistic and only have time for themselves. The whole 3-4 generations living under one roof only exists if you're a welfare ghetto queen of wh.ores and slags procreating on the behest of the gov't lacking men in the house unless they are under 18 y.o. as dependents. EIC must be a nice thing to have to claim kids and be on welfare. Like Lyfe Jennings...."Must beeeeeeeee nicccccccce"

PS: Other countries, grown men can actually live in the house of 3-4 generations strong underneath one roof. That's why it is so hard to smash foreign girls at their homes yet love motels are plentiful in these countries. Mas economico too!!!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

There's something wrong with the first page of this thread. When I click on it I get a 500 server error. Do any of you get the same? Does anyone know why? I contacted my webhost, Bluehost, and they have no idea either. Neither does the phpbb support team. WTF?

The only thing I can think of is that something on the first page set off the security settings in the server or forum. Like a link or script or something.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne