Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

New HA Banner

Moderated subforum for expat living and dating discussions. Members only. Must qualify to participate. See guidelines inside. Civil behavior only. No trolls, attacks, insults, quarrels or racism.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

New HA Banner

Post by eurobrat » August 2nd, 2014, 4:05 pm

I created a new banner for the homepage, I need help picking out girls to put in the white space. I wanted to find a good pic of a Russian or EE girl. Any other critiques are openly welcome.

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende » August 2nd, 2014, 11:30 pm

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat » August 3rd, 2014, 4:13 am

publicduende wrote:Image
The girl in the middle is what TSAR has been looking for his entire life.

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat » August 3rd, 2014, 5:52 pm

Update, almost finished.

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester » August 3rd, 2014, 7:17 pm

Nice.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat » August 4th, 2014, 8:50 am

Border versions:

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » August 5th, 2014, 5:07 am

Great job Eurobrat.

Why do you have different border colors? No border is necessary.

You can also pick an image for the banner from Steve Neese's approachable faces gallery. There are some sexy friendly female faces on it.

http://globaldatingsolution.com/approachable-faces.html

What do you think of adding an airplane image to the banner?
Check out my fun video clips in Russia and video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

See my HA Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » August 5th, 2014, 6:09 am

Ok I put the new banner at the top of our Facebook group and Blog. How does it look?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/86597977757/

http://blog.happierabroad.com
Check out my fun video clips in Russia and video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat » August 5th, 2014, 9:16 am

Winston wrote:Ok I put the new banner at the top of our Facebook group and Blog. How does it look?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/86597977757/

http://blog.happierabroad.com
I made this for the homepage. Yes I can add a plane.

and there were a few other small out of date graphics I was going to update.

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat » August 5th, 2014, 3:43 pm

Updated Banners -

For the homepage: Image

For Facebook: Image

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » August 5th, 2014, 10:24 pm

Ok I'll put it on the home page too. But I will have to test and see if it fits on the home page first. It might be too tall. I mean the height might be too much. Can you increase the length and width of the banner for the home page?

Thanks for putting the plane image in there. What is that thing in the lower right corner? It looks like some buttons.

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat » August 6th, 2014, 9:16 am

Winston wrote:Ok I'll put it on the home page too. But I will have to test and see if it fits on the home page first. It might be too tall. I mean the height might be too much. Can you increase the length and width of the banner for the home page?

Thanks for putting the plane image in there. What is that thing in the lower right corner? It looks like some buttons.
No it's fine I measured your old collage this is the same width and height. Just put it on.

Those are euros, should I take them out?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » August 6th, 2014, 9:34 am

Eurobrat,
One more thing. The home page banner has the plane touching the H and is too close to the trees. Can you make the plane smaller and move it farther from the H?

Also, what are those yellow circles near the passport? They look strange. Maybe take them out or replace them with something better.

And what is that white space near the passport?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » August 6th, 2014, 9:38 am

eurobrat wrote:
Winston wrote:Ok I'll put it on the home page too. But I will have to test and see if it fits on the home page first. It might be too tall. I mean the height might be too much. Can you increase the length and width of the banner for the home page?

No it's fine I measured your old collage this is the same width and height. Just put it on.

But that collage was too big already. Banners shouldn't be too big. The thing is, I need room to put a subtitle under the banner too. That's why it's better to widen the width of the banner if you can. Also, in a wider version, you can show more scenery and sites.

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat » August 6th, 2014, 10:34 am

Winston wrote:
eurobrat wrote:

But that collage was too big already. Banners shouldn't be too big. The thing is, I need room to put a subtitle under the banner too. That's why it's better to widen the width of the banner if you can. Also, in a wider version, you can show more scenery and sites.
Just try it and let me see it.