Peace and quiet in the Philippines

Moderated area for expat living and dating discussions. Members only. Must qualify with good knowledge, experience, character to be member and participate. See guidelines inside. Civil behavior only. No trolls, attacks or insults.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Peace and quiet in the Philippines

Post by MarcosZeitola »

So I have spent the last two months with my wife and daughter, and my in-laws. Peace, quiet, no internet and telephone. No bullshit, no news, no gossip. Countries bombed each other, celebrities died, planes crashed and earthquakes happened and I didn't know a think. Loved it!

It's great living in a place that's simple, where life's simple, people kind. Where at night the men drink and the women chat. Where I wake up besides my wife every morning, to the sound of cackling chickens and playing children. Where dogs, pigs, goats and other animals are everywhere. I really like it. How simple it is. People are more honest. Not like the backstabbers in big cities, without the arrogance many middle and upper class people seem to have. Happy with the simple things in life, the small, the (to others) insignificant.

I am more Zen then I've ever been in a long time. I really forgot just how complete a woman's love can make a man feel, and how incomplete I am without it. Gotta save up to go back soon, this time for a much longer stay! Motivated as f**k. :wink:
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: Peace and quiet in the Philippines

Post by OutWest »

MarcosZeitola wrote:So I have spent the last two months with my wife and daughter, and my in-laws. Peace, quiet, no internet and telephone. No bullshit, no news, no gossip. Countries bombed each other, celebrities died, planes crashed and earthquakes happened and I didn't know a think. Loved it!

It's great living in a place that's simple, where life's simple, people kind. Where at night the men drink and the women chat. Where I wake up besides my wife every morning, to the sound of cackling chickens and playing children. Where dogs, pigs, goats and other animals are everywhere. I really like it. How simple it is. People are more honest. Not like the backstabbers in big cities, without the arrogance many middle and upper class people seem to have. Happy with the simple things in life, the small, the (to others) insignificant.

I am more Zen then I've ever been in a long time. I really forgot just how complete a woman's love can make a man feel, and how incomplete I am without it. Gotta save up to go back soon, this time for a much longer stay! Motivated as f**k. :wink:
While folks here debate this or that...in THEORY...
You capture it well. I don't have livestock close, but roosters I do have close enough.
I think it is some kind of national law to have roosters EVERYWHERE!
I must admit I do not do the alcohol at the levels expected of me. A lot of men are alcoholics and I
soon would be if I followed the drinking culture here. I hope and wish you a speedy return.