Why I Chose Panama

Moderated area for expat living and dating discussions. Members only. Must qualify with good knowledge, experience, character to be member and participate. See guidelines inside. Civil behavior only. No trolls, attacks or insults.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Why I Chose Panama

Post by Taco »

What I plan to do when the s**t hits the fan (SHTF) in the good ol’ US of A.

Why I Chose Panama
http://www.nestmann.com/why-i-chose-pan ... AH2qWd0yM8

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Good stuff! Panama is a popular expat and retirement destination in Latin America. I hope someone does a trip report on that country, one day.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Good article. Thanks for posting. I really respect Mark Nestmann.

But as he admits, Mexico is another solution.

And starting a company in Mexico costs a lot less than $5,000. PM me if you want one. Easy-peasy.

Panama is probably the better choice if you already have substantial offshore passive investments, like stocks, bonds and real estate.

If you're not rich YET, Mexico is just as good a place for GETTING rich (tax-wise), and has all the same advantages as Panama, the same DIS-advantages as Panama, a MUCH better climate, and is closer to the US, and cheaper to get started in (as far as company-formation and residency).
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

It might seem like a logical decision to move to Panama or any other country. However, if you don't have any friends there or you don't like the people your going to have a rough time. If you move to a third world country you really need a girlfriend or wife to help you with day to day problems.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Re:

Post by zacb »

zboy1 wrote:Good stuff! Panama is a popular expat and retirement destination in Latin America. I hope someone does a trip report on that country, one day.
Ask and you shall receive. I am going to Panama in February on spring break and will report back. A co worker said that she liked Panama when she went there. Any details you want me to cover?
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com