Should Jester Relocate from Mexico to Philippines?

Moderated area for expat living and dating discussions. Members only. Must qualify with good knowledge, experience, character to be member and participate. See guidelines inside. Civil behavior only. No trolls, attacks or insults.

Should Jester Relocate from Mexico to Philippines?

Jester should liquidate his possessions and relocate to the Philippines
62%
Jester should stay the f**k where he is, learn great Spanish, and try to blend in
No votes
Jester should use Ensenada as a base, from which to explore other areas of Mexico and Colombia etc
23%
Jester should keep the beach house, but visit Asia briefly, then return to Mexico
No votes
Other Ideas/Suggestions
No votes
f**k Jester (and the horse he rode in on)
8%
No Opinion
8%

Total votes: 13
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Re: Should Jester Relocate from Mexico to Philippines?

Post by eurobrat »

Jester wrote:Just to add an update here, I was outside talking to a neighbor today. Near the beach. Fine day. The neighbor is a real upperclass Mexican gentleman, deep roots. He's a former Hollywood actor, his brother was the general in command of Baja, and so on. He liked me and vice versa. Great chat. But then I went home.
Alone.
Dude you're not going to find a 20 year old willing to date you in Mexico.
It's just not going to happen.

I know those bastards, I grew up with them in Los Angeles and they are a part of the reason why I left that state.
You will always be labeled "gringo" to them, nothing you can do will change that.

They are the most conservative in Latin America. It would be like me trying to go after a Turkish girl here, it's just not going to happen.

No amount of learning and speaking perfect Spanish will fix their mentality.
Lesson learned, it's not a place for a single dude looking for poon.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Jester wrote:I've been weighing your words the last few days. Thanks. Hope to talk to you soon.
We will. We may have grown up decades and continents apart, but I do feel like you are very much a kindred spirit and that you value many of the same things I value. It's rare to meet a true traditionalist these days who isn't afraid to burn his ships and start anew some place different. Someone who isn't afraid to take on a new adventure. It's the type of man a Filipino respects most, because American expats are usually seen as weaklings, dough-bodied walking ATM machines made to be overcharged... or immoral sex-tourists. A moral, decent man with good financial means and a nose for business? It will be a paradise for such a man. Especially when you are genuinely interested in connecting with other people and give them the time of day, you will find yourself making many friends and having a blast.

I've seen the fathers of the latest two Miss Philipines, and both were old and not particularly attractive men. Their mothers, too, were rather plain looking. If you are a tall and well-kept middle aged man, and you find yourself a pretty Filipina wife... that's almost a guarantee of having a future Miss Philippines for a daughter, or maybe an actor or even future senator for a son. There's no place on earth where a tall white man is appreciated more then the Philippines. Never was, never will be. And I cannot think of a better start in life for our sons and daughters, then in a place where the average member of the population is so short and dark, yet values white features and stature so highly. It's the place where you can be certain to grow old surrounded by a large and growing family, and where your genes and family name will live on forever if you play your cards right. No where else in the world, the Jester Clan I know you wish to establish would do so well. ;)

I'm very curious about your decisions; these must be days of reflection for you. But don't reflect too much, don't overthink; the clock is ticking. The life you may still live and the place you may secure for yourself in society, may be a lot more difficult to attain in five or ten years. But right now, all the stars are right. I wonder what part of the Philippines you will go to; I heard much good about Cebu, myself I have chosen Luzon (but far away from Manila!). Just stay clear from Mindanao and MILF (the world's funniest named terror group) and you'll be fine!

Good luck, whatever you may decide.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
Jester wrote:
I've seen the fathers of the latest two Miss Philipines, and both were old and not particularly attractive men. Their mothers, too, were rather plain looking. If you are a tall and well-kept middle aged man, and you find yourself a pretty Filipina wife... that's almost a guarantee of having a future Miss Philippines for a daughter, or maybe an actor or even future senator for a son. There's no place on earth where a tall white man is appreciated more then the Philippines. Never was, never will be. And I cannot think of a better start in life for our sons and daughters, then in a place where the average member of the population is so short and dark, yet values white features and stature so highly. It's the place where you can be certain to grow old surrounded by a large and growing family, and where your genes and family name will live on forever if you play your cards right. No where else in the world, the Jester Clan I know you wish to establish would do so well. ;)
I have to respectfully add that, Philippines is not that shallow and many foreigners rarely give credit for the depth of REAL CULTURE it has...That is respecting another human being and Non-Judgmental attitude. The culture of India and China is merely one of scriptures , statues & palaces but not evolved in terms of being human.

Even though Philippines is poor, its developed than India. Here is what ordinary Filipinos Think about Indians in General.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost. ... tcount=736

One thing is certain, the only time the Philippines is considered an 'upgrade' by outsiders is when Indians come here to visit/work.

I've had Indians randomly approach me here in Toronto - two in the past year - just to share their experience in the Philippines, even saying that 'ang sarap ng buhay' there (one of them actually said those words to me in Tagalog). I'm just thinking to myself how nice of them to say such a thing. Another Indian said how badly he wanted to buy a condo there but became reluctant because he didn't know any locals.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost. ... tcount=712

Last month when I was on vacation at Shangri La Mactan, I was talking to one the employees and asked when was the last time this place was really busy and he said they had an Indian wedding that lasted two weeks.

Also when I was heading to Boracay I met Indians who were with a group friends that worked all over the place, also I met Indians that were living in Australia, Britain and the U.S.

Yes, there is large market for our Indian neighbors and they know how to party hard and they love Filipina babes!!

-------------------------------

Indian's are slowly beginning to explore Philippines outside Thailand and if Visa is made more flexible ...high net worth Indian's would visit Philippines more and make it a primary destination.

Miss Philippines Universe Venus Raj had an Indian Father and she is not that fair yet very very popular in Philippines

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus_Raj

Lets be honest here...Indian's are mostly universally hated for various reason's :) and are the least dateable kinds while in Philippines we get Judged the least that is why the love for Philippines.

Philippines is the only place where even Indians get accepted the next day and get least judged upon. Even Indian's feel like Kings in Philippines. :lol:

-----------------------------

Its a mistake to judge Philippines purely on looks alone because as you mentioned..Its the best place to bring your Kids who would be born in an environment, where they learn how to respect elders, how to behave in public and be a socially responsible individual.... its an added bonus being born mixed with a white father which would open more opportunities for your kids in entertainment world.

Common, Winston wouldn't fall for Philippines if it was just based on superficial qualities. I think members here need more depth in their life's now that they have seen it all.

We could add that. Yes, Jester...Your Kids would be Actors and Miss Universe's of the world Yet at the end of the day, they would still love you and not abandon you to old age homes once they gain rich and fame. What you get is a strong family centered culture where your grand kids continue to love you no matter what....

I have lost count on number of times I have seen kids strolling in wheel chair their grand Pa's and Ma's across the Malls in Manila. I don't even see that in India anymore so called 5000 years of history :( :(

I believe, That is the true beauty and depth of Philippines that's need to be known to people who plan relocate to Philippines and marry a Filipina along with appreciation of white skin.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

A wise rich n many casesquote="starchild5"]
MarcosZeitola wrote:
Jester wrote:
I have to respectfully add that, Philippines is not that shallow and many foreigners rarely give credit for the depth of REAL CULTURE it has...That is respecting another human being and Non-Judgmental attitude. The culture of India and China is merely one of scriptures , statues & palaces but not evolved in terms of being human.

Even though Philippines is poor, its developed than India. Here is what ordinary Filipinos Think about Indians in General.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost. ... tcount=736

One thing is certain, the only time the Philippines is considered an 'upgrade' by outsiders is when Indians come here to visit/work.

I've had Indians randomly approach me here in Toronto - two in the past year - just to share their experience in the Philippines, even saying that 'ang sarap ng buhay' there (one of them actually said those words to me in Tagalog). I'm just thinking to myself how nice of them to say such a thing. Another Indian said how badly he wanted to buy a condo there but became reluctant because he didn't know any locals.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost. ... tcount=712

Last month when I was on vacation at Shangri La Mactan, I was talking to one the employees and asked when was the last time this place was really busy and he said they had an Indian wedding that lasted two weeks.

Also when I was heading to Boracay I met Indians who were with a group friends that worked all over the place, also I met Indians that were living in Australia, Britain and the U.S.

Yes, there is large market for our Indian neighbors and they know how to party hard and they love Filipina babes!!

-------------------------------

Indian's are slowly beginning to explore Philippines outside Thailand and if Visa is made more flexible ...high net worth Indian's would visit Philippines more and make it a primary destination.

Miss Philippines Universe Venus Raj had an Indian Father and she is not that fair yet very very popular in Philippines

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus_Raj

Lets be honest here...Indian's are mostly universally hated for various reason's :) and are the least dateable kinds while in Philippines we get Judged the least that is why the love for Philippines.

Philippines is the only place where even Indians get accepted the next day and get least judged upon. Even Indian's feel like Kings in Philippines. :lol:

-----------------------------

Its a mistake to judge Philippines purely on looks alone because as you mentioned..Its the best place to bring your Kids who would be born in an environment, where they learn how to respect elders, how to behave in public and be a socially responsible individual.... its an added bonus being born mixed with a white father which would open more opportunities for your kids in entertainment world.

Common, Winston wouldn't fall for Philippines if it was just based on superficial qualities. I think members here need more depth in their life's now that they have seen it all.

We could add that. Yes, Jester...Your Kids would be Actors and Miss Universe's of the world Yet at the end of the day, they would still love you and not abandon you to old age homes once they gain rich and fame. What you get is a strong family centered culture where your grand kids continue to love you no matter what....

I have lost count on number of times I have seen kids strolling in wheel chair their grand Pa's and Ma's across the Malls in Manila. I don't even see that in India anymore so called 5000 years of history :( :(

I believe, That is the true beauty and depth of Philippines that's need to be known to people who plan relocate to Philippines and marry a Filipina along with appreciation of white skin.[/quote]

Good post. So many westerners do not pay attention.
Poor does not mean shallow. In many cases...the poor are the only hope a rich man may have to save his soul.
A wise rich man gets to know and love the poor. One of them will be his landlord in heaven.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

starchild5 wrote:One thing is certain, the only time the Philippines is considered an 'upgrade' by outsiders is when Indians come here to visit/work.
In my wife's village there is a Filipina woman who married an Indian guy too. Their daughter is widely considered to be one of the village's prettiest. The kid is very bright too; my wife's old kindergarten teacher is giving her private English lessons and she's barely four years old! The father, I believe, works in India or America and the mother lives in the Philippines still. Another girl in the village has a Nepali father, who left the mother and went back home; this girl is also quite bright and pretty. This proves that both Indian and various types of other Asians can do well in the Philippines, and that their offspring will often do well too. There are many Koreans and Japanese who are in relationships with Filipina's, for example. And I have seen many Filipina's date or marry Indian men. One of my wife's batchmates married a half-Pakistani, half-Filipino man and he's generally considered by them to be very handsome.

This, combined with their strong love for family, makes it a lovely country to me. Americans sometimes cynically say that having a family is no real certainty of not dying alone... well it isn't in America, sure, but in the Philippines it's pretty much exactly that! Anyone who has children and grandchildren in the Philippines, will be regularly visited by them, and they generally won't all move far away as in many cases, one of the sons or daughters will move in with their parents and help take care of them. In turn, the parents help take care of their grandchildren and even great-grandchildren. This keeps people young, and old people are actually respected and not seen as a burden. Every year on a certain day, I believe All Saints, they go and clean the graves of their relatives and pay their respects; you will never leave their hearts, even if you leave their presence.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

How long have you been living in Mexico? I think you should give everywhere a chance. I think there are a lot better places than Baja in Latin America. Are you looking for a girl in her low 20s or what age group are you looking for to marry? Do you like the way the Filipinas look? Most are short and beer can shaped. They're are a lot of fat Pinays too.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

WorldTraveler wrote:
How long have you been living in Mexico?
11+ of the last 16 months

WorldTraveler wrote:
think you should give everywhere a chance.
Good thought, good concept to bear in mind. +1

WorldTraveler wrote:
I think there are a lot better places than Baja in Latin America.
Yup, no question.
Obvious as hell now that you say it.
But it did need saying. + 1 more.

WorldTraveler wrote:
Are you looking for a girl in her low 20s or what age group are you looking for to marry?
Teens to low 20's.
WorldTraveler wrote:
Do you like the way the Filipinas look? Most are short and beer can shaped. They're are a lot of fat Pinays too.
I want a girl with a slender waist, dancer's hips. I'd rather stay single than compromise.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
This, combined with their strong love for family, makes it a lovely country to me. Americans sometimes cynically say that having a family is no real certainty of not dying alone... well it isn't in America, sure, but in the Philippines it's pretty much exactly that! Anyone who has children and grandchildren in the Philippines, will be regularly visited by them, and they generally won't all move far away as in many cases, one of the sons or daughters will move in with their parents and help take care of them. In turn, the parents help take care of their grandchildren and even great-grandchildren. This keeps people young, and old people are actually respected and not seen as a burden. Every year on a certain day, I believe All Saints, they go and clean the graves of their relatives and pay their respects; you will never leave their hearts, even if you leave their presence.
Its so bad in China and India that...China has even passed a law for kids to visit the parents.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/07/02/world ... derly-law/

Chinese Law Requires Children To Visit Elderly Parents

http://www.ibtimes.com/chinese-law-requ ... nts-987796

So much for being the greatest culture on earth. China and India have the two fakest culture that gets corrupted easily due to western influence. Its Ironic that...Philippines is by far the most western influenced country in Asia and yet have the most traditional Asian values. :shock: :shock:

Even though Philippines was ruled by Spanish and India, China by British, Mongols etc....Philippines still have this strong family bonding where by even cousins, distant relatives are part of the family while India and China are going the Nuclear Family structure.

Its a Con People Wake UP..... Don't be fooled by India and China.... :) :)

Unfortunately, People just get brainwashed by Main Stream and consider India and China to have rich culture that defines Asia largelt just because they have big palaces, god and goddess statues and some huge books, however, when the push comes to shove....Its countries like Philippines and Thailand that really deliver to humanity.

Being an Indian with so called 5000 years of history, I can say by far easily the best place to experience real Asia and its cultural values are Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam etc...The whole SEA compared to China and India...Skip Them
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Jester wrote:
WorldTraveler wrote:
Are you looking for a girl in her low 20s or what age group are you looking for to marry?
Teens to low 20's.
WorldTraveler wrote:
Do you like the way the Filipinas look? Most are short and beer can shaped. They're are a lot of fat Pinays too.

I want a girl with a slender waist, dancer's hips. I'd rather stay single than compromise.
Jester, are you retired and planning on living overseas or planning on bringing your wife back to the US of A?

Filipinos are the shortest people of any country on the planet i believe. So unless you like your girls short don't come to the Philippines. What are dancers hips? small? Most Pinays have no ass and a little gut. They are a little like the some of those Central American girls. If all you want is young there are a lot of average looking young ones that will go out with a guy of any age. The problem is only 1 in 100 is tall. 1 in 100 is good looking too. I'm not sure what your standards are.

Why do you prefer teens and early 20s? Do they need to be virgins too for marriage? As far as young ones go, you should be careful looking for very young girls in Phil. There are a lot of scams where girls pretend to be over 18 and have sex with you. They are friends with the police and you'll then get busted! They want to extort money from you, more than jail time.

Thailand has lots of good looking women that are thin in their 30s. Thais age much better than Pinays.

You can probably find a young one to marry in Phil, but she'll expect you to help support her extended family! :D
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

WorldTraveler wrote:Filipinos are the shortest people of any country on the planet i believe.
They are. A 5'5" girl is already quite tall by their standards. If height is an issue, he could go for Mestiza girls, of which there are many. Especially if you look around areas where American marines have been stationed, you're bound to find some women far curvier and taller then their pure-blooded fellow countrywomen.
WorldTraveler wrote:Most Pinays have no a** and a little gut.
Very much depends. I've seen quite a few chubby ones, or some skinny-fat, mildly out of shape ones. But for example in my wife's family, of all the young women no one has a gut, and no one is without a booty. For other women, it very much depends; some have quite a nice ass, others have a very small one, but I wouldn't say it's always absent, that's a gross exaggeration.
WorldTraveler wrote:The problem is only 1 in 100 is tall.
I'd say more like 5 in a 100, let's not exaggerate.
WorldTraveler wrote:1 in 100 is good looking too.
Again, let's not exaggerate. Sure there are many plain looking women, but you'll find those in America or Latin America too, in Europe or Africa, wherever you go. Plain looking, or down-right unattractive. But I see very cute girls on a daily basis in the Philippines, a cute face isn't a rare find, and one attached to an equally nice body isn't some sort of Holy Grail thing either. ESPECIALLY if, like Jester, you go for young girls, teens to early twenties, you have a far bigger chance of finding an attractive girl. Many foreigners I see married single mothers, ex bargirls, or girls over their general expiration date - these types ages faster, and less gracefully. Now if Jester was to meet an 18 year old cutie from the country, she won't look like that. No gut, a fine booty, not saggy and in fit shape, with a cute face to match. Very doable, and very possible.

Sure the girl will likely be short, but well-proportioned, mild-mannered and fun to be around. And most importantly: she comes with a large and loving family, and if said large and loving family has any pride they will not ask you for money all the time or leach off you, they will simply be happy for their daughter having found a nice man, help take care of their grandchildren and allow you to stay in their midst as long as you wish. Most guys with negative experiences went to places like Angeles City, or Manila. Or whatever place has a lot of tourism. Such experiences are far more rare if you look in the right places.
WorldTraveler wrote:Thailand has lots of good looking women that are thin in their 30s. Thais age much better than Pinays.
But Thais are a lot less family oriented, and have a far lower birthrate then the Philippines. They don't really put a foreigner on a pedestal either, and are in many ways far more Westernized as a whole. And if I am to believe Drronnie, who lived there for a decade and is still single, they are far more materialistic then your average Filipina too. The ones that age better are the ones that actually held down a proper job and didn't have children early in life, with the father leaving and having to support them by any means necessary. And a thirty-plus woman, even if her face aged well, will still show her age in other ways. Also, because of her age, she will produce less healthy offspring. But most importantly: why the hell would any man go for a woman in her 30s, however well preserved, when he could get one more then a decade younger and minus the baggage or extra mileage with the same ease?
WorldTraveler wrote:You can probably find a young one to marry in Phil,
Probably? Definitely! :wink:
WorldTraveler wrote:but she'll expect you to help support her extended family! :D
It very much depends on the family. If they are poor, they likely have some debts, some unpaid loans, some financial trouble. You can help out a bit here and there, and if you actually can miss it it's not that big of a deal. A Thai woman or any other Asian woman would often want the same sort of help for her family, and if anything a Filipina would be more shy or even reluctant to ask. She might ask on behalf of her parents, and then ask for a ridiculously low sum of money which you can easily miss, which to them would be a fortune.

If you are a very American person, and think very American, maybe supporting your in-laws seems like a scam. But if you are a traditionally oriented person with more old-fashioned values, you will have no problem with it. Also when you develop a great bond with your in-laws, you yourself benefit from the relationship the most. In Filipino culture, the men will often drink together, you will break bread with your father in law and his brothers or cousins, co-workers and friends. Your mother-in-law will cook for you, help take care of your children when you have the good fortune of living nearby, and will always be available to babysit. Compare that to some of your American or Western in-laws! The relationship is far warmer, far closer. You are like a son to them, and that is how they will treat you. You would help out your parents in a time of need, and the same goes for your wife's parents.

Now the Philippines is known for its large extended families... when your wife calls a man "uncle" he may not be an uncle, he may be a great-uncle, a second-cousin or a second cousin of her father. Same with aunts, there's likely to be an abundance of them. You will be required to meet with them, as they'll show you off as a prized possession. Parties are often large and lavish, despite their poverty (which is part of the reason they are so often in debt). You will, however, not be expected to help out the distant relatives. And even the close ones is optional, although I would say that as a good man, your honor will have it that you to not let the grandparents of your children starve. You cannot possibly support everybody, but a little money can go a long way and just by marrying into a Filipino family, you will elevate her immediate relatives one way or another. And you will be warmly welcome!

As Starchild and OutWest have stated previously, one of the main reasons you should give the Philippines a chance is not just for the cute girls, the low prices and the relative easiness of getting some, but above all for the culture and the genuinely warm and close family ties. I can think of places where there are on average, taller women, or hotter women. I can think of places where there is better technology. Where education is higher. But I can think of no place where families are warmer, and where I'd rather want my children to grow up. And that's ultimately why I set my mind on the Philippines. :D
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

MarcosZeitola, I agree with you 100%, that if you want a girl with strong family ties then the Philippines is it. I had very good realitions with my girlfriends parents....overall better than I did with her. MarcosZeitola,where in Philippines do you live? How far away do you live from you in-laws?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

I appreciate the input, guys.

Good to be reminded that there are greener pastures.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

A wise rich man gets to know and love the poor. One of them will be his landlord in heaven.

Still re-reading this thread and letting it all sink in. Thanks again, guys.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

If you go, just be prepared to experience that tropical climate as assaultive, as I did in Thailand. The air just knocks you over, especially after spending the last several years on the North American west coast.

I like Rock's advice, until he gets to his usual rigid calculus of age/country, etc. You know it all depends on the individual, and there's a possibility of finding what you're looking for in most places. Last summer somebody on here mentioned the website beautifulpeople.com, where you submit a picture and are voted in or out by members of the opposite sex. I put in a picture of myself at age 63, got voted in, and have been contacted by several reasonably attractive women, five of them in their 20s. They know my correct age. Most are dumb as dirt, and I'm not interested in any of them, but it helped remind me of what I always believed: If a woman is for you, things like age difference don't matter at all. There aren't necessarily that many such women, and fewer as you get older and go in your own unique direction.

We've talked before about self confidence and commanding the situation. You know that a woman will buy the program if you have really sold yourself on it first, and then just let her know what's going to happen. I think that works most anywhere. I may be bullshitting myself, but henceforth I'm having a go at any woman, any age any place, who really rings my bell. And will consider her to be lucky, old and impecunious though I may be.

Don't ever sell yourself short. You know you're in the top part of one percent in educational background, brains, imagination, wisdom, experience of the world, etc.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

The caliber of people I have met on HA humbles me.

And thank you.