4 types of Berliner girls (*a quickie w/pics)

Moderated area for expat living and dating discussions. Members only. Must qualify with good knowledge, experience, character to be member and participate. See guidelines inside. Civil behavior only. No trolls, attacks or insults.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

4 types of Berliner girls (*a quickie w/pics)

Post by eurobrat »

Hallo Leute, :lol:

It’s been awhile since I posted in here. I have been pretty busy with a new job and now moving next week to a new flat. Life in Berlin is pretty damn good compared to the nothingness going on in the US. It's the best in Europe right now for the "early 20’s to early 30’s crowd". If you crave a big city lifestyle thats multicultural bundled together with a strong German economy and modern european infrastructure then this is the place to be.

I decided to write a article about the 4 most common types of girls you can find here. It's a quickie but will give you some insight into the main girls you can find in this city. Let’s go ahead and get started.

1. The German Ice Princess

The German Ice Princess has bitch shield powers that very few will be able to penetrate. Being a bitch is her way of life.

They are always well dressed in expensive european designer coats with expensive handbags. She is the sister to the Miss America types of women and the Italian La Ragazza Di Papà (Daddies Girls). She is waiting for the perfect Hans to come along in his BMW and pick her up, she wants nothing less than perfection in her life.

I just plain out avoid these types. Beyond their ridiculous lists of requirements to just be friends with them they sport a nasty attitude and most likely wouldn’t even join you for a stein. These girls can be found all over Germany but my sources tell me that Munich is their breeding ground. Save your money and time and just avoid them altogether.

2. The Bohemian Euro Hippie

The Bohemian Euro Hippie here in Berlin is one of my personal favourites. They come in all flavours, shapes and sizes. Wether they are Italian, Greek, Spanish, German or British this city is packed with them! Typically artists or perhaps students, they can be found in any district.

Although I know I could never be in a LTR with one because they're too free spirited while I’m too structured, I still enjoy there company and like to go out with them.

They’re mostly non-judgmental, curious, talkative, friendly and cool. They’re always willing to meet new people and will sit down and have a pint with you.

Armed with a guitar, joint and vegan snacks these girls know how to live freely.

3. The Traditional German Girl

The Traditional German Girl is rare these days and on the verge of extinction. I’m always surprised whenever I can spot one on the S-Bahn once every 3-4 months.

These girls were usually raised right and might be tough to get them to go on a date. Most likely they won’t speak much English unless they really like the language. They most likely have a traditional career working for a german corporation or perhaps even for the state. She will be close to her family, know how to cook/clean and have really good manners.

These girls are so rare you most likely won’t have the chance to even meet one. If you do and if you luckily click I would warn you these girls are not for short-term flings or ONS. Most of the time these traditional girls are only met through families or inner circles where you get properly introduced.

4. The Conservative Immigrant

It’s no secret that Germany and especially Berlin has had wave of immigration from the east. The Turks have been wafting their kebab smell on the streets since the 60’s and 70’s.

The latest immigrants are Africans and Middle Easterners. Beyond that you can find lots of Thai, Vietnamese, Russians, Ukrainians and Polish conservative immigrants.

These women are usually sticking to “their own” people, language and culture inside Germany. Trying to date one is probably not the best idea but if you get tired of chasing the German Ice Princess around this might be an exotic alternative for you.

I hope that clears up the different types of women here in Berlin. I was going to add a fifth "The East German Woman" which technically would be the Angela Merkel type but no one here is looking for a date with Angie.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: 4 types of Berliner girls (*a quickie w/pics)

Post by Jester »

Excellent update, thanks.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Jester wrote:Excellent update, thanks.
The ratio goes like this, to give you an idea of the numbers. (***Updated numbers)

- 30% German Ice Princess
- 30% Bohemian Euro Hippie
- 5% Traditional German Girl
- 35% Conservative Immigrant
Last edited by eurobrat on February 23rd, 2015, 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

eurobrat wrote:
The ratio goes like this, to give you an idea of the numbers.

- 40% German Ice Princess
- 20% Bohemian Euro Hippie
Pretty remarkable that a place with only 20% datable girls is causing you to rave about it.
:|
20% is a big increase over 0% I guess.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Jester wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
The ratio goes like this, to give you an idea of the numbers.

- 40% German Ice Princess
- 20% Bohemian Euro Hippie
Pretty remarkable that a place with only 20% datable girls is causing you to rave about it.
:|
20% is a big increase over 0% I guess.
Actually the numbers are more like this. Sorry just woke up.
It's kind of an even split between the 3. The other thing is it depends on what neighbourhood you are in.

- 30% German Ice Princess
- 30% Bohemian Euro Hippie
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

Great analysis. I agree. The women in Munich are also largely untouchable and unreachable, and only jump from one guy with a BMW to the next guy with a Mercedes. If you can't improve their "status" in the eyes of their friends, you can forget about it. Germany is a great place for working, going out and partying, and stability. But dating is no easier here than any other western European country. When asked, I always like to say that I am very thankful to the German women for keeping me focused on my job.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

I can only agree to what I read in this thread, I am originally from Austria, but now living in Japan with Japanese wife since over 35 years.
My country the small neighbour of Germany is no good place for dating - it's more or less the same as in Germany.
Neither Germany or Austria are bad places for living and for working, they offer good social services - but if you ask me how to find a nice girl there for a long-term relationship, openly said, I have no idea. I never made it up to a girlfriend from Continental Europe even for only 30 minutes.

I think however life in Continental Europe is less hateful and most women are generally willing to work anything productive and do not expect such feminist support as it is the case in English speaking countries, especially in UK and USA.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Great post!

I'll be in Berlin in July if you're around and will meet board members irl. My brother is going there for his stag do and we hope to recreate our late grandfather's WW2 selfies from 1945 :roll: .

I've never been to Germany, but I did like Austria with its awesome beers, pretty girls and sexy clubs (being in a group of guys, all the waitresses assumed we were on a stag party, and kept telling us where to find sexy clubs).

By the way, what's the chance of me being able to find a job there? I don't speak German (and don't really want to learn) but I have fluent C#, SQL Server etc. etc. I did find a few job boards already, but obviously it's a bit too soon to start applying, as I'm in Barcelona for the next few months.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

xiongmao wrote:By the way, what's the chance of me being able to find a job there? I don't speak German (and don't really want to learn) but I have fluent C#, SQL Server etc. etc. I did find a few job boards already, but obviously it's a bit too soon to start applying, as I'm in Barcelona for the next few months.
I have a couple of (British) friends who used to work in Germany as software devvies and moved back to the UK. They said Germany isn't a bad place at all to start or pick up an IT career, and 90% of colleagues could easily engage in technical and non-technical (ie. beer) conversations. One was working for SAP in Walldorf, not far from Stuttgart, and the other was in Munich.

http://www.dw.de/germanys-top-cities-fo ... g-17279216

Sure you wouldn't prefer looking for an IT gig in Barcelona? Yes there's crisis, but you're qualified and if you are fine with a lower salary than what you would fetch in the UK, something around 2000€ net per month is a very good one around there, then you'll have a good life for sure.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

xiongmao wrote:Great post!

I'll be in Berlin in July if you're around and will meet board members irl. My brother is going there for his stag do and we hope to recreate our late grandfather's WW2 selfies from 1945 :roll: .

I've never been to Germany, but I did like Austria with its awesome beers, pretty girls and sexy clubs (being in a group of guys, all the waitresses assumed we were on a stag party, and kept telling us where to find sexy clubs).

By the way, what's the chance of me being able to find a job there? I don't speak German (and don't really want to learn) but I have fluent C#, SQL Server etc. etc. I did find a few job boards already, but obviously it's a bit too soon to start applying, as I'm in Barcelona for the next few months.
I just worked in Germany for a project in NodeJS. The taxes are very high like 50%...The best place for IT is obviously America. In Germany, if you getting less than 75k..not worth considering you have c# ...High cost of living....I went to Germany for a 45K salary but just could not do or live like i was even in India or Philippines. It has good social security but then it ties you to it when you are old and dead...You need money when you are young....not when you are old....

I was just conned by the what they show in TV and what really was Europe and the arrogance of Europeans when they come to Asia and complain about all things. I thought they live a perfect life style. It all came crashing down once i reached frankfurt airport. Europeans are also living in a Trade-Off kinda Life...You got to "Sacrifice" one thing to get another kinda deal :)

The food, rental homes and weather is terrible....compared to Asia. They have this cheap bus service between cities like Meinfrenbus, euro lines etc and its no more different than travelling in Asia. They have also put a speed limit of 70KM for bus, so even in Auto Bahn ..you ride slow....

The roads, rail system is incredible as they have ICE trains....Super fast BUT VERY EXPENSIVE....

People are nice ...women are beautiful....Unfortunately-fortunately, I may have to go back to Germany again for work as I found the girl I really like.... :shock: :wink: :wink: and considering Indians, Asians have this fixation with white girls :lol: ....I hate to loose this opportunity of a life time .... :lol: ..... Also, If I have a German address...I found its very easy to get Russian, EE girls.....

European girls loves Germany for some reason..may be its due to shopping malls.....It has plenty of shops that women would love and make you pay for their life style :lol:
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Yeah I'm not sure what my medium plans are beyond going to Berlin in July. IT earns decent money in Western Europe, and thanks to my frugal lifestyle I was able to save more than half my salary each month - that pays for a long, long trip to somewhere like Thailand.

I am definitely falling in love with the Barcelona lifestyle. The commute to my school was so easy whereas in London I probably would not have been able to get on the first train that arrived. And I've saved a lot of money by studying here - it would have cost me £300 a month to study in London in travel costs alone.

My first CELTA day was great and I'm sure I'll become obsessed with teaching. The question then is where to go first - China, Myanmar, Japan, Thailand, Taiwan and South Korea are all possibilities. Myanmar is home to the hottest woman I've ever dated and I love their curly writing, Japan is amazing, Thailand is so much fun, Taiwan could be great for dating MILF types and South Korea would be somewhere completely new to me...
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Think Different wrote:Great analysis. I agree. The women in Munich are also largely untouchable and unreachable, and only jump from one guy with a BMW to the next guy with a Mercedes. If you can't improve their "status" in the eyes of their friends, you can forget about it. Germany is a great place for working, going out and partying, and stability. But dating is no easier here than any other western European country. When asked, I always like to say that I am very thankful to the German women for keeping me focused on my job.
I've noticed here in Germany it's not that hard to get a 30+ girl who has hit the wall and is no longer that attractive.
I have had a few of these try and throw themselves at me but I have little interests.

The problem isn't these women being older and less attractive.
The problem is their bad attitudes and the chip on their shoulder.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

xiongmao wrote:Great post!

Yea lets meet up, July will be good here in Berlin.
Beer gardens and cute hippie girls in skirts.

For IT jobs especially developing you don't need much German.
The salaries won't be as high as London though so keep that in mind (€50-70k).
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

eurobrat wrote:
Think Different wrote:Great analysis. I agree. The women in Munich are also largely untouchable and unreachable, and only jump from one guy with a BMW to the next guy with a Mercedes. If you can't improve their "status" in the eyes of their friends, you can forget about it. Germany is a great place for working, going out and partying, and stability. But dating is no easier here than any other western European country. When asked, I always like to say that I am very thankful to the German women for keeping me focused on my job.
I've noticed here in Germany it's not that hard to get a 30+ girl who has hit the wall and is no longer that attractive.
I have had a few of these try and throw themselves at me but I have little interests.

The problem isn't these women being older and less attractive.
The problem is their bad attitudes and the chip on their shoulder.
This is what has lead to the crisis of too many old people and not enough young people all across Europe. Men generally looking to start families even if they are 30 something don't want to start a family with a 30 something woman.

This leads to quite a few unmarried women who live alone in large cities like Berlin.

I'm surprised you haven't told a story of German women openly hitting on you....
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Yes I am going to Berlin next week, so I will file a report. I've heard good and bad things about Berlin from the many many people I've talked to in Barcelona who have been there. My initial experiences are not good after the AirBnB woman flaked on me, plus the gay dudes looking for flatmates were pretty obviously only offering accommodation to guys who rocked their gaydar.

Well I'm hoping for a good experience there after my late grandfather saved their asses from the Russians!