Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


I'm happier abroad.

Moderated subforum for expat living and dating discussions. Members only. Must qualify to participate. See guidelines inside. Civil behavior only. No trolls, attacks, insults, quarrels or racism.
User avatar
eurobrat
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2444
Joined: August 25th, 2011, 10:18 am

I'm happier abroad.

Post by eurobrat » March 28th, 2015, 2:35 pm

This post is not about finding the best place in this world as usually seen.
We have seen lots of data on several places to expatriate; this has become overdone.

This isn’t a post boasting about how great Germany is by any means (although the beer is good and cheap), this is a post about finding YOUR inner equilibrium. Let’s be realistic, lots of people expatriate and fail to find happiness. In my experience of growing up in California and living in 4 different countries now with different cultures (USA, UK, Italy and now Germany), I’m not the most experienced expat out there but I have enough experience to connect with others and guide them psychologically and not by pointing to a map and saying “try this place”. Any dude with a below average IQ can do that.

For me there is no one place that has ever made me happy; just stages in life where after reinventing myself I am so pleased with the results I end up in bliss.

Once you put enough work to see the positive results only then will you be happy.
If you don’t put in the work you will continue to be miserable with the poor results.

That being said I am going through sort of a renaissance as of lately here in Berlin.
I met a girl here; it’s not so much about her as my new approach to life.

Sipping my Moscow Mule last night with my old German roommate I said to him “I’m finally happy with my life”. He looked at me and said “Ach so! You finally have gotten laid” After 3.5 years of no sex because of my willingness not to succumb to just another p***y, not to settle or go the P4P route I reached clarity when I finally realised it was about improving myself and coming to terms with myself.

Now for the real story on how I finally let go of my 3.5 year streak of no sex that god forbid I will never repeat, it was just an experiment to see if I didn’t need women in my life to make myself happy. Unfortunately I did fail; I need women as do all us to make ourselves feel happy. We need to be MEN this is exactly why I do not agree with the MTGOW movement at all. We need to have our dick sucked, we need to f**k, we need to fall asleep with her in our arms. Anyone who claims otherwise is lying.

We met on a Friday night where I was casually outside sipping a hefeweizen, I saw her standing there eating a jar of pickles on the sidewalk and I thought to myself “I’ve never seen this before” my curiosity set in and I started staring at her. At that point she noticed my staring and said “do you want one, they are very good”. Of course I wanted interested in the f***ing pickle but I digged into her jar of pickles. Words exchanging as planned I finally invited her in for a drink which she ordered a glass of prosecco (which she said was good for her skin).

I sat across from her anxious because this is the most female attention I have had in a long time with my long break from women. She was so pleasant the first moment we met, the conversation carried on until the end of the drink as usual. She had to go, which I said I would walk her to the S-Bahn. As we walked we talked even more I grabbed her shoulders and massaged them lightly. When we got near the S-Bahn she looked at me where we awkwardly gazed glances wondering both what to say as it was clear we both liked each other. Then she to my surprise blurted “I want to stay with you”. I’m no data analysis but it was clear at this point a decision was made that she really liked me. We proceeded to the next bar where I was to meet my old German roommate but I told him on WhatsApp I met a girl; he said I will let you be.

The bar was busy, it’s a favourite of mine where I can escape from the average boring German beer and dive back into my familiar California micro brews that are filled with so much hops they're bound to put a smile on your face. I ordered my usual Sierra Nevada at €5 a bottle when I’m used to paying $4 for pint but I didn’t care after the first gulp I could taste something very familiar and comfortable. She ordered a whiskey neat and she was comfortable. At this point something very interesting happened I noticed the German girls at the bar who once ignored me were now staring at both of us in the lounge chairs enjoying our drink. One German girl bartender that I have talked with before gave me an awkward look that I translated into “What are you doing with her”. Things started heating up as she was stroking my thigh and whispering into my ear, finally I thought to myself “I finally found a girl who likes me for me”. There was no PUA game bullshit or money or any other game being played.

She leaned over to me and whispered “I want to go”. At that point the lightbulb went off that she was really wanting me she said she wanted to go, hopefully back to my place. I got up and paid for our 2 drinks, she was the cheapest date I have had in a long time. I ran out the door and flagged down the first Turkish taxi dude in a Mercedes I could find, opened the door and all the sudden I was speaking perfect German giving him my address telling him to take us back to my place. He floored it and got us home fast.

We stumbled into my place and things where heating faster than I could handle or even register them in my brain. She was going in for the kill, touching me in my neck, holding my hand and even squeezing my ass. I was so excited I was stumbling over myself to try and get the door open. After 3 mins of fumbling with the keys I got the door open, she went to the bathroom. I was in the bedroom doing the typical western guy thing of lighting candles, I turned on my side lamp and turned off the main lights and put on some Dean Martin on iTunes Radio.

Then she came in and she stuck her hand up with a tampon asking if I had a girlfriend. “Do you have a girlfriend?” she said, “no thats my roommates girlfriends, put it back” I said. She then blushed and I grabbed her ass, at that point my animal instincts kicked in. Three and a half years of not having sex my biological half kicked in and I ravished her kissing her all over, tearing off her clothes and diving into something I haven’t had in a long time. She wanted it as much I did which was key as we both were satisfying each other. She wanted my cock as much as I wanted her p***y; god brought us together.

The entire weekend was bliss, here’s a list of the events:

1) Non-stop attention from her including her grabbing my cock in public and nibbling on my ear.
2) Her refusal to go home; her saying I am better than all ex-german boyfriends put together.
3) Taking a bath together, us washing each other and her caring for me like a woman.
4) Wild sex, 3-4-5 times a day, diving into each other and connecting physically.
5) Back-rubs, her spoon feeding me pasta with pesto, cleaning my room.

I’m finally happier abroad not because I’m in a certain place but because I worked for my reward.
I played the game and I won the prize and it feels great.
Last edited by eurobrat on March 29th, 2015, 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 7875
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: I'm happier abroad.

Post by Jester » March 28th, 2015, 8:29 pm

eurobrat wrote:
Sipping my Moscow Mule last night with my old German roommate I said to him “I’m finally happy with my life”. He looked at me and said “Ach so! You finally have gotten laid” After 3.5 years of no sex because of my willingness not to succumb to just another p***y, not to settle or go the P4P route I reached clarity when I finally realised it was about improving myself and coming to terms with myself.

Now for the real story on how I finally let go of my 3.5 year streak of no sex that god forbid I will never repeat, it was just an experiment to see if I didn’t need women in my life to make myself happy. Unfortunately I did fail; I need women as do all us to make ourselves feel happy. We need to be MEN this is exactly why I do not agree with the MTGOW movement at all. We need to have our dick sucked, we need to f**k, we need to fall asleep with her in our arms. Anyone who claims otherwise is lying.
Truth.
eurobrat wrote:
We met on a Friday night where I was casually outside sipping a hefeweizen, I saw her standing there eating a jar of pickles on the sidewalk and I thought to myself “I’ve never seen this before” my curiosity set in and I started staring at her. At that point she noticed my staring and said “do you want one, they are very good”.
This is like a movie.
eurobrat wrote:
I sat across from her anxious because this is the most female attention I have had in a long time with my long break from women. She was so pleasant the first moment we met, the conversation carried on until the end of the drink as usual. She had to go, which I said I would walk her to the S-Bahn. As we walked we talked even more I grabbed her shoulders and massaged them lightly. When we got near the S-Bahn she looked at me where we awkwardly gazed glances wondering both what to say as it was clear we both liked each other. Then she to my surprise blurted “I want to stay with you”.
Now I KNOW it's a movie. That shit doesn't happen in real life. {slight jealousy}
eurobrat wrote:
At this point something very interesting happened I noticed the German girls at the bar who once ignored me were now staring at both of us in the lounge chairs enjoying our drink. One German girl bartender that I have talked with a lot before gave me an awkward look that I translated into “What are you doing with her”.
NICE!
:D
eurobrat wrote:
She leaned over to me and whispered “I want to go”.
That shit ONLY happens in movies, bro.
{extremely jealous}
eurobrat wrote:
The entire weekend was bliss, here’s a list of the events:

her saying I am better than all ex-german boyfriends put together.
:shock:
{jealousy boiling over; decides not to be friends with EuroBrat anymore}
eurobrat wrote:
3) Taking a bath together, us washing each other and her caring for me like a woman.
4) Wild sex, 3-4-5 times a day, diving into each other and connecting physically.
5) Back-rubs, her spoon feeding me pasta with pesto, cleaning my room.
Shit ***I'M*** in love with her now. Can I be her Beta Orbiter?
eurobrat wrote:
This post is not about finding the best place in this world as usually seen.
We have seen lots of data on several places to expatriate; this has become overdone.

This isn’t a post boasting about how great Germany is by any means (although the beer is good and cheap), this is a post about finding YOUR inner equilibrium. Let’s be realistic, lots of people expatriate and fail to find happiness. In my experience of growing up in California and living in 4 different countries now with different cultures (USA, UK, Italy and now Germany), I’m not the most experienced expat out there but I have enough experience to connect with others and guide them psychologically and not by pointing to a map and saying “try this place”. Any dude with a below average IQ can do that.

For me there is no one place that has ever made me happy; just stages in life where after reinventing myself I am so pleased with the results I end up in bliss.

Once you put enough work to see the positive results only then will you be happy.
If you don’t put in the work you will continue to be miserable with the poor results.
Thats actually the takeaway here.
eurobrat wrote:
I’m finally happier abroad not because I’m in a certain place but because I worked for my reward.
I played the game and I won the prize and it feels great.
Seriously, you earned it, and you deserve it.

+100 for setting the example of how to turn life around. On a shoestring. On your own. Well done.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."

User avatar
xiongmao
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2735
Joined: March 9th, 2011, 6:09 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: I'm happier abroad.

Post by xiongmao » March 28th, 2015, 10:12 pm

Cool story!

I'm meeting a lot of people who are happier abroad here in Barcelona. There are quite a few Americans here who just hang out and work in the grey economy. It's pretty easy to live here with no visa at all, not like back home in the miserable old UK.

You don't even need that much money to go and live abroad. Rent is your major cost, but after that food is very cheap here if you cook at home. In fact I'd say it's cheaper here than in Bangkok or even China. Which is what you might not expect given this is a very happening city.
I quit my boring cubicle slave job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Want to teach English overseas? Check out my TEFL blog.
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then join my free Asian dating site.

User avatar
eurobrat
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2444
Joined: August 25th, 2011, 10:18 am

Re: I'm happier abroad.

Post by eurobrat » March 29th, 2015, 1:04 am

xiongmao wrote:Cool story!

I'm meeting a lot of people who are happier abroad here in Barcelona. There are quite a few Americans here who just hang out and work in the grey economy. It's pretty easy to live here with no visa at all, not like back home in the miserable old UK.

You don't even need that much money to go and live abroad. Rent is your major cost, but after that food is very cheap here if you cook at home. In fact I'd say it's cheaper here than in Bangkok or even China. Which is what you might not expect given this is a very happening city.
Me and public duende just booked our hotel room, hopefully we will all meet up for beer and seafood.

User avatar
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2304
Joined: April 19th, 2013, 1:26 am
Location: The fuckin' U.S. of Gay *ugh*

Re: I'm happier abroad.

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer » March 29th, 2015, 4:10 am

eurobrat wrote:
xiongmao wrote:Cool story!

I'm meeting a lot of people who are happier abroad here in Barcelona. There are quite a few Americans here who just hang out and work in the grey economy. It's pretty easy to live here with no visa at all, not like back home in the miserable old UK.

You don't even need that much money to go and live abroad. Rent is your major cost, but after that food is very cheap here if you cook at home. In fact I'd say it's cheaper here than in Bangkok or even China. Which is what you might not expect given this is a very happening city.
Me and public duende just booked our hotel room, hopefully we will all meet up for beer and seafood.
Hey EB! Tell PD I said "ay what's up?". Let him know about the IT job market in Berlin; he might become intrigued. Again, I'm uber-happy for you, dude. :twisted:
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
- Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB

User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2936
Joined: April 3rd, 2014, 6:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: I'm happier abroad.

Post by Yohan » March 29th, 2015, 6:33 am

xiongmao wrote: I'm meeting a lot of people who are happier abroad here in Barcelona. There are quite a few Americans here who just hang out and work in the grey economy. It's pretty easy to live here with no visa at all, not like back home in the miserable old UK.

You don't even need that much money to go and live abroad...
There are clearly some good destinations within EU, where you can live cheaper than in UK or USA and where you can avoid visa-hassles like here in Far East or South East Asia.

A small retirement allowance or some good savings can help you to enjoy many years of quality life on a cheap budget - many men from UK left for Spain.
In fact I'd say it's cheaper here than in Bangkok ...
Not really, but I would say it is less risky, for example in case of a medical problem or accident, crime etc. etc. it is much easier to regulate it within EU and much cheaper to go back to your own native country and to activate insurance services if you are an UK/EU citizen. You can even travel back by train or car in many cases, no airplane required etc. etc.

With the EURO as currency in many EU countries you avoid loss of currency exchange.

All in all for sure worth a consideration, it is not only about Spain, but also about Greece, Bulgaria etc. Some mention also (nearby, but non-EU) Turkey as a good choice and also Cyprus (partially EU).

The point about living abroad: You must finally decide where to settle down. You cannot live just everywhere and travel around all the time for the rest of your life.

User avatar
eurobrat
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2444
Joined: August 25th, 2011, 10:18 am

Re: I'm happier abroad.

Post by eurobrat » March 29th, 2015, 11:58 am

I'm happy.

User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2037
Joined: May 31st, 2014, 8:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: I'm happier abroad.

Post by MarcosZeitola » March 29th, 2015, 1:22 pm

eurobrat wrote:I'm happy.
And I am happy that you're happy. Your story is awesome, and quite inspirational. You are a man who figured it out, who saw both sides of the medal, who lived with and without companionship and love, and now you know what matters most in life. Ultimately that's all that happier abroad is about... it's about finding happiness in a location entirely new to you, to start anew and have a fresh start somewhere else. With different dynamics, different people, different everything. You went out there and did it. It can really be like a Hollywood movie if you want it to be...

Good luck and hope you and your girl have a great time! :D

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4594
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:33 am

Re: I'm happier abroad.

Post by zboy1 » March 29th, 2015, 2:08 pm

Cool story, Eurobrat! I really liked Germany as well, when I was living in Europe during the early 00s. I'm glad you found what you're looking for. I hope that other people can learn from you, and take a chance as well.

User avatar
eurobrat
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2444
Joined: August 25th, 2011, 10:18 am

Re: I'm happier abroad.

Post by eurobrat » March 29th, 2015, 5:11 pm

yohan wrote: The point about living abroad: You must finally decide where to settle down. You cannot live just everywhere and travel around all the time for the rest of your life.
Yes I can :)

User avatar
eurobrat
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2444
Joined: August 25th, 2011, 10:18 am

Re: I'm happier abroad.

Post by eurobrat » March 29th, 2015, 6:09 pm

zboy1 wrote:I hope that other people can learn from you, and take a chance as well.
This is why most people don't get anywhere.
Taking Risks = Rewards

If you're not getting what you want out of life, you're not pushing yourself, you haven't gone far enough.

gsjackson
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2138
Joined: June 12th, 2010, 3:08 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA USA
Contact:

Re: I'm happier abroad.

Post by gsjackson » March 31st, 2015, 4:50 am

eurobrat wrote:
xiongmao wrote:Cool story!

I'm meeting a lot of people who are happier abroad here in Barcelona. There are quite a few Americans here who just hang out and work in the grey economy. It's pretty easy to live here with no visa at all, not like back home in the miserable old UK.

You don't even need that much money to go and live abroad. Rent is your major cost, but after that food is very cheap here if you cook at home. In fact I'd say it's cheaper here than in Bangkok or even China. Which is what you might not expect given this is a very happening city.
Me and public duende just booked our hotel room, hopefully we will all meet up for beer and seafood.
You and PD are tight again? Damn, that makes me even happier than I was when I read the initial story.

On the work theme: "The sum of wisdom is that the time is never lost that is devoted to work." Ralph Waldo Emerson. I signed on to that belief when I was 15. Sometimes, though, it's hard to figure out what your work is.

User avatar
eurobrat
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2444
Joined: August 25th, 2011, 10:18 am

Re: I'm happier abroad.

Post by eurobrat » April 3rd, 2015, 1:16 pm

gsjackson wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
xiongmao wrote:Cool story!

I'm meeting a lot of people who are happier abroad here in Barcelona. There are quite a few Americans here who just hang out and work in the grey economy. It's pretty easy to live here with no visa at all, not like back home in the miserable old UK.

You don't even need that much money to go and live abroad. Rent is your major cost, but after that food is very cheap here if you cook at home. In fact I'd say it's cheaper here than in Bangkok or even China. Which is what you might not expect given this is a very happening city.
Me and public duende just booked our hotel room, hopefully we will all meet up for beer and seafood.
You and PD are tight again? Damn, that makes me even happier than I was when I read the initial story.

On the work theme: "The sum of wisdom is that the time is never lost that is devoted to work." Ralph Waldo Emerson. I signed on to that belief when I was 15. Sometimes, though, it's hard to figure out what your work is.
Unfortunately I have been working extremely hard the past 3 months starting a new position.
It's pretty rough out there and very finite in the job market, even here in Germany.

I'm hoping it will all pay off with my coming vacations.
I can't wait to dive into the Spanish cuisine.
Last edited by eurobrat on April 3rd, 2015, 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3366
Joined: November 30th, 2011, 6:20 pm

Re: I'm happier abroad.

Post by publicduende » April 3rd, 2015, 2:16 pm

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:Hey EB! Tell PD I said "ay what's up?". Let him know about the IT job market in Berlin; he might become intrigued. Again, I'm uber-happy for you, dude. :twisted:
Gracias jefe. Given the state of the IT job market in London, I wouldn't be surprised there's better to do in Berlin right now... It would be even better if Barcelona had a few of those London contracts, wouldn't it? But then, as they say in Italy, if my granny had b*llocks then it would be grandpa. :)

User avatar
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3366
Joined: November 30th, 2011, 6:20 pm

Re: I'm happier abroad.

Post by publicduende » April 3rd, 2015, 2:18 pm

gsjackson wrote:You and PD are tight again? Damn, that makes me even happier than I was when I read the initial story.
Thanks mate. I am certainly not one to hold a grudge for too long. We had some fireworks a while ago, but I guess it was purely out of (mutual) frustration. Now everything is in the right place again, where it's always has been after all.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Expat Living and Dating VIP Forum”