The next chapter in Expatriation

Moderated area for expat living and dating discussions. Members only. Must qualify with good knowledge, experience, character to be member and participate. See guidelines inside. Civil behavior only. No trolls, attacks or insults.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

The next chapter in Expatriation

Post by eurobrat »

Hello gentlemen,

Jester and I had a long conversation the other day about something that is not really discussed on this forum and we couldn't believe it. Now that those of us are out of the country, relaxed and starting to settle into our new lives we need to think forward.

And the question is, what is the next step in expatriation for you?

How do you guys prioritise things and what is more important to focus on then others?

We know that everyone has a different agenda and set of goals but I'm sure there is a common framework somewhere. I am looking forward to everyones posts and what they're working on.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: The next chapter in Expatriation

Post by Winston »

Or you planning to write a book about it? Is that why you call it a chapter?

Isn't the next step simply to:

1. Find a job or business.
2. Find a woman if you don't have one yet.
3. Go out and meet girls and develop a social life.
4. Learn the language and the culture.
5. Visit surrounding towns and areas and get acquainted with the new country.

If so, isn't all that obvious and self-explanatory?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:Or you planning to write a book about it? Is that why you call it a chapter?

I wish I could smack that stupid crown off your head.
This isn't what I'm talking about, I have a job and women come easy in Berlin.

This list was so half-assed and American. It's no wonder the world think Americans are lazy slobs.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Living abroad has changed me so much. I used to write lists of everything and be highly organised. Now I just drift around and go with the flow.

Today in Barcelona I went to visit a park. It was closed. Instead I watched an apartment fire, then I got caught up in an anarchist's protest which turned violent.

Yesterday I met a shifty looking guy, he took some of us to a secret(ish) bar that you had to get buzzed into. Some of the guys I was with thought we were all going to get mugged or something lol.

If only Winston's ideal world existed. But experts keep telling me that I am actually learning more Catalan than Spanish. So much for natural language acquisition. Yesterday I met some girls but the hottest wife material girls were Chinese which made me think I was mad to leave Guangzhou after only a few months (and so was Winston). I have visited Barcelona's surrounding towns but they're all sh1tholes.

Well the best thing really is to just go abroad and experience it for yourself.

I've had such a great time in Barcelona. By giving up the couch potato lifestyle that goes with living back home, I've also lost weight. Who cares about Game of Thrones and junk on TV, I'm more interested in real life.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

xiongmao wrote:Living abroad has changed me so much. I used to write lists of everything and be highly organised. Now I just drift around and go with the flow.

Today in Barcelona I went to visit a park. It was closed. Instead I watched an apartment fire, then I got caught up in an anarchist's protest which turned violent.

Yesterday I met a shifty looking guy, he took some of us to a secret(ish) bar that you had to get buzzed into. Some of the guys I was with thought we were all going to get mugged or something lol.

If only Winston's ideal world existed. But experts keep telling me that I am actually learning more Catalan than Spanish. So much for natural language acquisition. Yesterday I met some girls but the hottest wife material girls were Chinese which made me think I was mad to leave Guangzhou after only a few months (and so was Winston). I have visited Barcelona's surrounding towns but they're all sh1tholes.

Well the best thing really is to just go abroad and experience it for yourself.

I've had such a great time in Barcelona. By giving up the couch potato lifestyle that goes with living back home, I've also lost weight. Who cares about Game of Thrones and junk on TV, I'm more interested in real life.
This is a great post. I was talking to public duende and he said maybe I should be more like xiongmaio lol.

Point of the story, guy who does what he wants and likes always wins. You're an example of how most HA dudes should be.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 19th, 2020, 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:Or you planning to write a book about it? Is that why you call it a chapter?

NO, Winston, it wasnt OBVIOUS.

I am being polite here.

I will stop there if you refrain from further sarcasm on this thread.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

xiongmao wrote:
Living abroad has changed me so much. I used to write lists of everything and be highly organised. Now I just drift around and go with the flow.
OK, youre not really into the vibe of this thread, ok, got that...

Yesterday I met a shifty looking guy, .....

Yesterday I met some girls but the hottest wife material girls were Chinese which made me think I was mad to leave Guangzhou after only a few months (and so was Winston). I have visited Barcelona's surrounding towns but they're all sh1tholes.....

I've had such a great time in Barcelona..
Umm, YEAH, Barcelona, fer sher...
:roll:
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Ghost wrote:
(since Jester isn't doing it so much anymore)

+1
"My name is Jester, and I am a Survivor of Plus One Bullying."

"Hi, Jester!"
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

eurobrat wrote:

This list was so half-assed and American. It's no wonder the world think Americans are lazy slobs.
Then what are you talking about? You were't specific. "Next step" could refer to anything. Why are you blaming me for your lack of clarity? That's not logical. My list was logical in that those items are usually on the agenda of any expat.

In addition, there are day to day chores and errands, such as shopping for food, finding a place to do laundry, negotiating rent with landlords, hiring maids or drivers, finding agents to help you with stuff, other business-related stuff, etc. Those are all part of life and part of the settling in process. So what do you expect?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:
eurobrat wrote:

Then what are you talking about? You were't specific. "Next step" could refer to anything. Why are you blaming me for your lack of clarity? That's not logical. My list was logical in that those items are usually on the agenda of any expat.

In addition, there are day to day chores and errands, such as shopping for food, finding a place to do laundry, negotiating rent with landlords, hiring maids or drivers, finding agents to help you with stuff, other business-related stuff, etc. Those are all part of life and part of the settling in process. So what do you expect?
The next big step is a step just like that of leaving the country in the first place. This actually has more to do with life steps than just expatriating.

We have all been force fed the American dream propaganda for far too long.
I saw this guys site and found it interesting http://takethenextbigstep.com
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Next Chapter?

Getting away from people that will try to mentally and physically prevent you from succeeding overseas giving you the ability to call them on their bullsh*t.

It doesn't take long to make some economic projections. You need a place to sleep, internet connection and something to eat/drink. You don't need to have an apartment already lined up, you can use a hostel as a base until you find a suitable place to live.

Jobs are everywhere you just need to look. Many of them don't require you know the local language immediately either. It also doesn't take much for a start-up especially in Latin America.

One positive about being American and I likely shouldn't mention this is that the United States will send your butt home if you have no other means.

The penalty for this -

You loose your passport until you repay the State Dept. At that point you have to re-apply for your passport.

So there's no such thing as being trapped abroad, in-jail maybe but not trapped. Just go to the US Embassy and plead poverty... They will buy a ticket and send you home and they won't find the cheapest ticket either so this is FAR from an ideal backup plan.

The best thing to do is buy a RT ticket and if things work out, you can always trade that ticket for a trip to someplace else.

People who make excuses will always make excuses and frankly I am not too interested helping those who don't want the help.

I've given out free advise left, right and center around here. I don't want any monetary compensation or even thanks, I rather just see more men taking the chance. If you fail, so what, dust yourself off and try again.

I have found some of my old blog post and forum post and my goals have remained the same. I just had to find a way to properly fund them. On the front end that's working 8-10 hour days and being away from home for extended periods of time.

That in-turn has given me the chance to fix some of my serious financial problems and get more educated in how banking and lending work.

I am going to have to fund this venture with credit and that's not a bad thing as long as you don't overwhelm yourself. Just keep yourself out of potentially very expensive situations.

I am sort of in one now, but I can and will get out of it, timing is key.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Still looking for solutions.
No one has any ideas?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

eurobrat wrote:Still looking for solutions.
No one has any ideas?
EuroBrat I am in such a lame-ass phase of life that I shrank from contributing, but here goes:

ACCOMPLISHED:
Out of US with temporary base to live and work from
Developed the habit of approaching pretty college-age girls
Developed the spine to start saying "no" to some one-sided requests

NEXT: Become someone who is ready to take on and support a bride:
Tight Time Management
Consistent Fitness Habits
Fully Mobile, "Paperless" Office (so that I can Pack Up and Travel to other areas for weeks or longer at a time)
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 19th, 2020, 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.