Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

The 14 Most Workaholic Countries

Moderated subforum for expat living and dating discussions. Members only. Must qualify to participate. See guidelines inside. Civil behavior only. No trolls, attacks, insults, quarrels or racism.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

The 14 Most Workaholic Countries

Post by Taco » August 5th, 2015, 3:25 am

If you have an few extra gears you might be happy living in one of these countries.

The 14 Most Workaholic Countries In The World
http://www.businessinsider.com.au/count ... 4-mexico-1
“Every time a President leaves the White House after two terms, there is a recession within the next year"

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The 14 Most Workaholic Countries

Post by Ghost » August 6th, 2015, 4:30 pm

Mexico being anywhere on the list is surprising, according to the stereotype anyway. Most of the top ones on the list are either anglophone countries or East-Asian countries. No surprise there.

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao » August 7th, 2015, 11:45 pm

I went to 2 job interviews today so the UK must be pretty high up on the list.
I quit my boring cubicle slave job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Want to teach English overseas? Check out my TEFL blog.
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then join my free Asian dating site.

Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero » August 8th, 2015, 2:21 am

I wasn't surprised to find India on that list. I have an Indian co-worker who never takes lunch breaks, blows off every company social event to work, and works every evening and weekend. Plus he's always breaking my balls for not working like he does. Thank God he's not my boss.

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama » August 8th, 2015, 11:05 am

Notice how they wont even list them all on one page. You'll have to scroll through numerous pages just to get the information in that teaser title. These people want you to jump through hoops to read their articles just so they can get more ad money. I know it's a silly complaint, but still. Not worth the time to read articles like this for that reason.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.

gsjackson
Veteran Poster

Post by gsjackson » August 9th, 2015, 5:50 am

Adama wrote:Notice how they wont even list them all on one page. You'll have to scroll through numerous pages just to get the information in that teaser title. These people want you to jump through hoops to read their articles just so they can get more ad money. I know it's a silly complaint, but still. Not worth the time to read articles like this for that reason.
Not silly at all. I have a slow computer and these click-through articles drive me crazy.

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi » August 17th, 2015, 7:33 pm

pssst! A lot of it depends on the company that you work for, where conditions can vary widely from company to company:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/16/techn ... place.html

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat » November 1st, 2015, 11:46 am

This is a lie, Germany is not even on the list and I know for a fact it should be in the top 3.
Don't buy into Germany being this relaxed place to work, it's not.