Suburbs Are Sinister Places

Moderated area for expat living and dating discussions. Members only. Must qualify with good knowledge, experience, character to be member and participate. See guidelines inside. Civil behavior only. No trolls, attacks or insults.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

People that enjoy living in the suburbs prefer comfort over reality.

http://henrymakow.com/2015/08/suburbs-a ... laces.html
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 7th, 2020, 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Re: Suburbs Are Sinister Places

Post by abcdavid01 »

Not going to lie, I sometimes fantasize about just going out there to Mongolia or some place in, say, Central Asia and just living a simpler life. I've decided to travel to find myself and that's my plan for the next few years. But I hope that by the time I'm that David's age I can be in a similar place as him. Settled and married, that is.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

If you suggest to most people that living in the suburbs is a horrible experience they will have no idea what your talking about and assume your crazy. Disregarding the fact that 70% of the population is taking prescription medication for a chronic medical condition and the other 30% have serious unresolved addiction problems as coping mechanism for the high stress western lifestyle that's now the "new normal". However, the biggest problem you'll encounter is everything your told your entire life from the day your born is basically a lie. The truth is a goat herder living in the Gobi desert has fewer problems than most people in western countries and his wife actually loves him.

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

I'm from the farms of rural Changhua. We had neighbors who grew crops, raised formosan deer, and my grandfather used to own an apple orchard.

If folks in the suburbs think their life is boring and lifeless, feel free to try living in a rural farming town, where the (only) local general store owner stocked expired snacks on the shelves, spit beatlenut juice on the floor, and is often missing because he's off playing mahjong and left a coffee can as the cashier (deposit money and get your own change).

For entertainment, my father would sit by the window at night waiting for the local cats to come swipe fish from the fish pond. He'd lite a firecracker and toss it out the window to see how high the cats would jump.

What was good about rural area was the clean air. In comparison the air in real cities (not suburbs) like Taipei was just foul. Thank goodness we moved to the cleaner coastal suburbs in California. It's amazing that people here take the clean air (at least in coastal areas) and beach access for granted.

As the population increases so does traffic, pollution, noise, gun-control laws, and other undesirables. I recommend "Backwoods Home Magazine", published by former Californian:
http://www.backwoodshome.com/