21 Days in Sao Paulo Brazil

Moderated area for expat living and dating discussions. Members only. Must qualify with good knowledge, experience, character to be member and participate. See guidelines inside. Civil behavior only. No trolls, attacks or insults.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

21 Days in Sao Paulo Brazil

Post by djfourmoney »

This will be brief -

I spent 21 days in Sao Paulo. I experienced no crime, it was Carnival (two weeks) and I was out at all times of the night and day

My overall goal of meeting women sort of fell flat but there are reasons for that. I did hook up with Karisa who lives in Sao Paulo and I have posted her picture before.

Nothing sexual (yet) since she recently broke up with her latest boyfriend. But on the woman front that's really the only positive thing I an report. The rest gets an incomplete.

Because of some last minute financial issues I was forced to spend the entire time in Sao Paulo. That isn't so bad because I like the city, in several ways it remind me of Los Angeles.

Public Transportation is pretty good, though the Metro overall makes fewer stops especially compared to say NYC's subway system but is on-par with Mexico City actually.

Buses with the exchange rate (4:1) is $.94 and a month pass runs about $15US. That pass is good for the Metro and the buses.

Bus rides between say Rio and Sao Paulo run about $60US but frankly for $20-$30 more you can fly Gol or Azul (Jet Blue in Brazil, same owner)

Numbreo is pretty close to what thee reality is on the ground, about 57% cheaper to live in Sao Paulo than to live in Los Angeles. Only things more expensive or cost the same would be buying clothes, electronics, cars, gym membership and imported foods like beer. It's bee recommended by several long-term expats in Brazil that you make an annual or two trip back to the States to pick up your favorite clothes, electronics and such. Customs is onto the reseller market down there, so you can take advantage of things like buy an iPhone and get one free (phone of equal or lesser value) and sell one of them in Brazil and make a profit. It's just harder to explain a bag full of electronics.

I would live in Sao Paulo. I want to see other areas first but the places where I spend time are clean and safe. The closest favela is 30 km away.

If your a Black man leave your racist proclivities at home. Most of the friends I made in SP are considered "White" by our standards since they are either Italian, Portuguese or in Karisa's case German decent. If there is racism I didn't experience any and if I did it was so subtle I didn't notice. I was never prevent from entering an establishment, refused service, etc, etc.

While some might lead you to believe that Brazil is more racist than the US (in some cases it likely is, not debating that). In Pro Black circles they would say it is because Brazil openly encourages mixed marriages and relationships. There is some hostility however as my friend explained to me; being a "White" Brazilian that prefers to date Black men (including African Americans) she's run into some problems, but nothing physical.

I will say it's more of a class issue and wrapped inside of that is the racial issue since most Brazilians of Afro decent are poor or working class. Black women in Brazil don't suffer from the same low self-esteem problems as American Black women do.

This is why I have said for a long time, if you MUST have a Black woman (and a few of you do) then go to Latin America or Africa and STFU.

I love Brazil because I don't HAVE to date a Black woman if I don't want too and it's socially acceptable. I haven't stuck my member into a BW since 1992 and that trend continues.

I did have a chance to dabble in the P4P market since the dating side wasn't working out so well. Because of the exchange rate, low(er) cost options do exist. For details send me a PM.

About Sept of 2016 is when I plan on returning to Brazil. I feel comfortable there and the type of women I want are there. I choose Brazil over Colombia, Chile, Uruguay, Argentina and Venezuela over the fact that 36% of non-Afro decent Brazilian women are married to Afro-decent men. As I said racism against Blacks all over Latin America is social/class based bias wrapped inside a race issue. As an Afro-American you just happen to be Black, but your American or Gringo first. You dress different (though I didn't dress that differently other than it's summer down there now and I didn't bring enough shorts) .

Speaking of dressing. In the summer even among the middle class shorts and flip-flops are a common sight. People go to the bar and lower end clubs like that and get in.

The upper scale clubs on Av Paulista and in around Vila Magdalena require basically just collared shirt; you can wear jeans and tennis shoes. Sure some dudes have on slacks or suits, but frankly (and it's affordable to most visitor from America) that if you are wearing casual clothes but up in VIP section, that speaks more than what you have on.

The same sh*t applies though. What phone your using, watch and clothes is something women are paying attention too. I would say this applies more with upper middle class women and rich women than with working class women. But overall it's not that difficult to hook up, Portuguese is required though some girls do know a little English since the majority of the music, TV shows and movies they watch are in English. I was able to go see Deadpool while I was down there and it was in English with Portuguese sub-titles.

My friend Victor (who is from Curitiba) and I were at some night spot off Av Augsta (I think that's the street). Throughout the night I was making eye contact with one particular girl, who happen to be 22 as I found out later. Fast forward to around the end of the night (3:30 am or so) she came back down from upstairs (two floors of dancing) apparently looking for somebody. I thought it might be me and I went to approach her, by that time she started to lean against the wall. As soon as I got over there, she walked right pass me and made a bee line for my friend Victor.

They exchanged a few words in Portuguese and then she started kissing him.I don't mean a peck either; they were going at it for about 2-3 mins, would pause, say a few more words and kept on kissing. This went on for about 10 mins; then her friend came looking for her, they exchange contact info, kissed again and she left. Victor had never met her before, didn't know her, nothing.

Now you think that's because he's some special looking guy. On the contrary, he's nothing special too look at, darker skinned than most of the people in that room. I was one of a few Blacks in there.

This sort of thing happens in Brazilian nightlife and not just with the 20someethings, it happens with the 30somethings as well. I lost count how many times dudes would seemingly go up to a random woman and start kissing. It even happen in the daytime during Carnival and the Bloc Parties related too it.

Of course my first time in Brazil, I didn't feel conformable trying this and after a few conversations with middle class Brazilian women they don't particularly like that either, but most women lack a frame of reference. IE the majority haven't dated a western guy to know there is a difference in how we typically treat women.

Another note -

Rio and SP are HUGE cities, prosperous and shinny. In other words, women from all around the country flock to these cities for work and love. I met a couple, stay tuned. But that also means opportunities off the tourist trail. Not to use Alan as an example, if you are familiar with him, he's the Mormon that was on a misson in Brazil and met this younger Brazilian girl? They were featured in the first season of 90 Day Fiance. He was 29, I believe she was in her early 20's.

Season 2 of the show had that strange guy in FL (Jason) with the beat up El Camino with a chick from Brazil (Cassia). Now some of would say that's refreshing she's not typically Western and judging a dude on his appearance and money. But I say c'mon a line has to be drawn somewhere.... I guess they are still together though.

My point is both women are from outside the main cities of SP and Rio which are the two largest and I believe from the middle of the country, Mineas Geneis or Golina

I've been told by other Brazilians that women from outside of the majority cities tend to be less judge mental and more traditional.

While many people (especially from the outside but some on the inside) of Brazil like to talk about how backward it is compared to Western countries and that crime is a problem (again I didn't see any, for sure not like what one guy claim he saw in SP when he said a stick up happen right in front of him) there are opportunities in business and in love here.

I will return and often, especially as long as the exchange rate holds up.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: 21 Days in Sao Paulo Brazil

Post by droid »

Thanks for the report djfourmoney, extra points for the honesty and not trying to bullshit. *Some pics would be nice though.

I went to Sao Paulo when I was 11 and in retrospect i can say it's a pretty much westernized metropolis (?).

Yeah i've heard from other people that the nightlife is crazy in Brazil, with the instant making-out with random people or what not. But i wonder how "easy" it really
is to pull that off; if the girls are really "easy" or just slutty-picky and only go for pre-determined "types" like in the rest of the western hemisphere. Did the girls in and out of the nightclubs feel authentic?

I guess i just ask out of curiosity, i'm not really into "nightlife" anymore. If i can meet girls outside of that environment i'm happier, as i'm finding out in SEA, much more compatible here.

Again kudos for the honesty, 21 days is kind of short.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

droid wrote:Thanks for the report djfourmoney, extra points for the honesty and not trying to bullshit. *Some pics would be nice though.

I went to Sao Paulo when I was 11 and in retrospect i can say it's a pretty much westernized metropolis (?).

Yeah i've heard from other people that the nightlife is crazy in Brazil, with the instant making-out with random people or what not. But i wonder how "easy" it really
is to pull that off; if the girls are really "easy" or just slutty-picky and only go for pre-determined "types" like in the rest of the western hemisphere. Did the girls in and out of the nightclubs feel authentic?

I guess i just ask out of curiosity, i'm not really into "nightlife" anymore. If i can meet girls outside of that environment i'm happier, as i'm finding out in SEA, much more compatible here.

Why are people around here judgmental? So a woman kisses a man she barely knows and she's a hoe? While you put up with the BS American women do? The way it happens in Brazil, at least I know she's interested. Frankly you do have to be aggressive with Latin women that's not unusual at all.

My friend Daniel told me how he met his ex-GF on the bus to Belo Horzonte. They barely knew each other and they were making out the majority of that bus ride. He also told me when they were together, they had sex in random places and even in public.

She left him because he lost his job when his company folded.

The women expect to be hit on by men and won't rebuff you. If they aren't attracted too you they will decline politely. But if you find a woman that likes you, watch out...

I have YET to find a man, Brazilian or Westerner who's married to a Brazilian or has a Brazilian GF complain about sex(or lack there of), it just doesn't happen...

As for meeting women outside of nightclubs, the bar scene is very popular. Most people go to these places before hitting the nightclubs anyway, some don't like the nightclubs much either and like to go bar hopping.

Being such a large city there are plenty of things to be involved in.

When I start blogging about Brazil, unlike the majority of bloggers I'm not going to dance around the issue of dating. The majority of Brazilian women have never met a Gringo and even fewer have dated one.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

djfourmoney wrote:
droid wrote:Thanks for the report djfourmoney, extra points for the honesty and not trying to bullshit. *Some pics would be nice though.

Why are people around here judgmental? So a woman kisses a man she barely knows and she's a hoe? While you put up with the BS American women do? The way it happens in Brazil, at least I know she's interested. Frankly you do have to be aggressive with Latin women that's not unusual at all.

My friend Daniel told me how he met his ex-GF on the bus to Belo Horzonte. They barely knew each other and they were making out the majority of that bus ride. He also told me when they were together, they had sex in random places and even in public.

She left him because he lost his job when his company folded.

The women expect to be hit on by men and won't rebuff you. If they aren't attracted too you they will decline politely. But if you find a woman that likes you, watch out...

I have YET to find a man, Brazilian or Westerner who's married to a Brazilian or has a Brazilian GF complain about sex(or lack there of), it just doesn't happen...

As for meeting women outside of nightclubs, the bar scene is very popular. Most people go to these places before hitting the nightclubs anyway, some don't like the nightclubs much either and like to go bar hopping.

Being such a large city there are plenty of things to be involved in.

When I start blogging about Brazil, unlike the majority of bloggers I'm not going to dance around the issue of dating. The majority of Brazilian women have never met a Gringo and even fewer have dated one.
DJ IV MOney, you are dealing with puritans/prudes here. Most dudes won't show their face because they are nerds in remission. Soon or later, it'll come out again. Why do you think the plethora of stories here are dudes P.USSYfooting around being aggressive to p.ussy. Why do you think I'm so ignored here?
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

You guys are retarded, i wasn't being judgmental :roll: just asking/wondering about they're overall demeanor and how easy it would be for the average layman to pull some action like that.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

droid wrote:You guys are retarded, i wasn't being judgmental :roll: just asking/wondering about they're overall demeanor and how easy it would be for the average layman to pull some action like that.
Oh negro please. You don't even accost "cats". You expect women to ingratiate themselves to you just for existing. In Latin America, you have to be a man and carpe-diem these women.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
droid wrote:You guys are retarded, i wasn't being judgmental :roll: just asking/wondering about they're overall demeanor and how easy it would be for the average layman to pull some action like that.
Oh negro please. You don't even accost "cats". You expect women to ingratiate themselves to you just for existing. In Latin America, you have to be a man and carpe-diem these women.
What are you smoking? I want some of that
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Ghost wrote:
Why are people around here judgmental? So a woman kisses a man she barely knows and she's a hoe?
If you don't consider that whore behavior, then I'm curious where you draw the line between whore behavior / not whore behavior.

Anyway, I'd love to go to Brazil someday for the p4p. Thick women have a special place in my heart. One of the hottest women in the world to me is a Brazilian. (Andressa Soares, best a** in Brazil - maybe world.) Hell, if I ever get my Spanish up to reasonably fluent, I'd give Portuguese a shot and play my cards there.
As Manny said you niccas take the cake. Your puritanical views are not mainstream ANYWHERE.

You failed to realize that middle class and upper middle class women DON'T LIKE THAT SORT of behavior. That said, if you play too meek/coy with women there they might think you don't like women.

You know Manny was right, I should have never posted what happen in Brazil the degenerates come out and then are selectively offended/outraged. You were NOT just asking you are implying the women, all the women are hoes for kissing a stranger passionately.

Some of the actual hoes (GDP) don't kiss at all, so are they somehow less of a hoe because they are saving part of themselves for somebody special and not some John?

That logic is weird and do me a favor don't go to Brazil, there enough of niccas like you in Rio, you'll just make it worse. Which is why I went to Sao Paulo and I will keep going South because there are LESS of you down there.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

djfourmoney wrote:
Ghost wrote:
Why are people around here judgmental? So a woman kisses a man she barely knows and she's a hoe?
If you don't consider that whore behavior, then I'm curious where you draw the line between whore behavior / not whore behavior.

Anyway, I'd love to go to Brazil someday for the p4p. Thick women have a special place in my heart. One of the hottest women in the world to me is a Brazilian. (Andressa Soares, best a** in Brazil - maybe world.) Hell, if I ever get my Spanish up to reasonably fluent, I'd give Portuguese a shot and play my cards there.
As Manny said you niccas take the cake. Your puritanical views are not mainstream ANYWHERE.

You failed to realize that middle class and upper middle class women DON'T LIKE THAT SORT of behavior. That said, if you play too meek/coy with women there they might think you don't like women.

You know Manny was right, I should have never posted what happen in Brazil the degenerates come out and then are selectively offended/outraged. You were NOT just asking you are implying the women, all the women are hoes for kissing a stranger passionately.

Some of the actual hoes (GDP) don't kiss at all, so are they somehow less of a hoe because they are saving part of themselves for somebody special and not some John?

That logic is weird and do me a favor don't go to Brazil, there enough of niccas like you in Rio, you'll just make it worse. Which is why I went to Sao Paulo and I will keep going South because there are LESS of you down there.
Dude, call me when you can. Thank you for siding with me! That's so awesome.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Ghost wrote:
djfourmoney wrote: As Manny said you niccas take the cake. Your puritanical views are not mainstream ANYWHERE.
Oh, really now? So things are not like this in China? Saudi Arabia? Pakistan? That was a blatantly idiotic statement.
Any woman worth her salt would not kiss a stranger, f**k them, etc.
Do you even know what 'degenerate' means? Apparently not.

Actually, I was just asking you out of genuine curiosity. It's a perfectly legitimate question. Tell you what, I'll make a new thread about this question.

And Manny-the-Puerto-Rican is not someone to take advice from. He's got no credibility since being caught lying about his nationality and number of bangs. Plus he bangs 2s, 3s, and 4s, and acts like it is some big accomplishment. You guys and your insecurities, hahaha.
Just as much a hoe, no more or less. There isn't any gray area. Might as well say that some hookers only partially have sex with guys for money. There's no kind-of-sort-of about it, which is my point and why I asked you where you draw the line.
Heh, not worth my time. I'm going East, young man. Not all societies allow rampant promiscuity. Since you don't have a clue why it is important to keep women's sexuality in check, I'd rather you not be allowed into more civilized places.
Mr. Markus McCloud....call me at 347-618-4881.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 8th, 2020, 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Ghost wrote:
djfourmoney wrote: As Manny said you niccas take the cake. Your puritanical views are not mainstream ANYWHERE.
Oh, really now? So things are not like this in China? Saudi Arabia? Pakistan? That was a blatantly idiotic statement.

Actually, I was just asking you out of genuine curiosity. It's a perfectly legitimate question. Tell you what, I'll make a new thread about this question.

And Manny-the-Puerto-Rican is not someone to take advice from. He's got no credibility since being caught lying about his nationality and number of bangs. Plus he bangs 2s, 3s, and 4s, and acts like it is some big accomplishment. You guys and your insecurities, hahaha.
Just as much a hoe, no more or less. There isn't any gray area. Might as well say that some hookers only partially have sex with guys for money. There's no kind-of-sort-of about it, which is my point and why I asked you where you draw the line.
Heh, not worth my time. I'm going East, young man. Not all societies allow rampant promiscuity. Since you don't have a clue why it is important to keep women's sexuality in check, I'd rather you not be allowed into more civilized places.
Go east then I won't see you.

Why should I have a problem with Manny if he likes to bang ugly/fat women? At least he's not sexually frustrated compared the majority of the regulars here.

Most of your around have so-so looking wives and GF's, I generally keep that to myself out of respect. A few of you have called some of the women I've been with and posted their pictures FAT.

As I said the less I say around here the better. Latin America is passionate about life and trying to view it from a puritanical lens isn't going to work.

I'm out
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

djfourmoney wrote:
Ghost wrote:

Go east then I won't see you.

Why should I have a problem with Manny if he likes to bang ugly/fat women? At least he's not sexually frustrated compared the majority of the regulars here.

Most of your around have so-so looking wives and GF's, I generally keep that to myself out of respect. A few of you have called some of the women I've been with and posted their pictures FAT.

As I said the less I say around here the better. Latin America is passionate about life and trying to view it from a puritanical lens isn't going to work.

I'm out
Jajajajaaa rsrsrsrsrsrs
Ghost got pwned/caught syphilis from auto-fellatio/self-inflicting dome/enlongated neck like a ectomorph gnome/Markus McCloud doesn't want it/by all means/he eats more dicks then how he looks/like deprecated sizzlean.