Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Dream Connections and Mark Davis - Uncensored Discussion

Discussion for marriage-minded members seeking foreign brides for marriage and serious long-term relationships.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Re: Dream Connections and Mark Davis - Uncensored Truth Expo

Postby Mike42Night » July 14th, 2017, 7:18 am

Winston wrote:
snede wrote:You asked what I meant by "normies". Neurotypical vs neuroatypical. Like a I said, I'm a bit on the autism scale. With decades of practice and attention, it's pretty much undetectable in normal social situations. But going to Ukraine, as part of a group, and then spending days in high intensity dating situations is a bit worrisome. As an introvert, I connect with people slowly. Mind you, I like people and enjoy getting out, but it does take a lot of energy.

I guess a lot of my concerns are that I'm getting into an area where I have little expertise, an annoying history of failure (which has left scars) and having to depend on folks like Mark, Anna & Irina to actually be able to understand who I am. So far they are triggering my reaction to keep them at arm's length and hide my deeper feelings, which I don't think is going to be very effective for me.

Do you mean you have some social anxiety? If so there is medication you can take to help counter that. Have you talked to a psychologist or therapist about it?

Again the good news is that social situations in eastern europe are nothing like in America. I felt zero anxiety in eastern europe whereas i usually feel some social anxiety in America. Its a different world and vibe. You understand? Americans social vibe is toxic. Ukraine is not. Its very down to earth and lets you be yourself. It brought out the best in me.

Well mark is a bit fake and overly optimistic. You met him. So you know that right? Lol. If you arent like that or you are anxious or pessimistic than his vibe will be off from yours of course.

But you sound intelligent. Conversation 101 is easy. You start out by being polite and listening to other people. They will give you cues on what they are interested in. Then you pick up on that and go with the flow by asking them open ended questions and focus on stuff they are interested in. Etc. Very basic and simple. Nothing can go wrong except if there's no chemistry between you and the women. Otherwise conversation is easy.

Just focus on simple small talk at first. Ask them about their family, career, what they like in a man, what their goals are, if they like cities or small towns, etc. Then go with the flow and roll with it.

Ukrainian women are very good at intelligent conversation. And they act mature. So they are easy to talk to and be around. Why worry. Trust me on that.

Have you compared AFA tours? If so what do you think?

Agreed, I doubt Asperger a supposedly mild strain of Autism used as an attempt to explain away introvertedness is even real more like social conditioning. Stop being a selfish prick and only associating with people of perceived value (very common in the USA.) actually take time to listen and be curious while engaging in small talk.
Mike42Night
Freshman Poster

Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!

Re: Dream Connections and Mark Davis - Uncensored Opinions?

Postby alyosha » July 15th, 2017, 12:17 am

Voyager1 wrote:In his latest video Mark exudes an aura of confidence as though he could conquer mountains.

I went on a dream tour and know Mark personally. I think I might be able to offer some helpful insights TO anyone interested in knowing the real deal!!
alyosha
Freshman Poster

Re: Updates on Mark Davis and Dream Connections

Postby alyosha » July 15th, 2017, 12:24 am

LFL wrote:
gsjackson wrote:I certainly hope you'll continue to post your valuable insights here, though responsiveness in this forum is completely unpredictable. People seem to stop in briefly then check out for a couple of months. A question I have about your experience would concern how difficult it was to overcome the language barrier with your Ukrainian wife.

Winston, I don't see the point in evaluating DC through the lens of the BBB or ripoffreport. It's a simple business model, and they deliver exactly what they say they will -- the chance to meet 30 or so Ukrainian women of their choosing, who have little to no English, for $5K plus airfare. If you don't think that's a rip-off on its face, then you are a good candidate to be a member of their "tribe," as they put it.

I've noticed use of the word "tribe" and the opportunity to be part of one is a favored approach among internet marketers these days. Some marketing genius must have determined that appeal to primal impulses is the way to go, and so the word was spread.

Not as difficult as one might think. One major factor is patience. There are times of slight frustration in which she wishes she could more accurately express her feelings and thoughts. She knows what she wants to say in Russian / Ukrainian, but can't express her thoughts in English. These are not routine daily conversation issues, but only with more important conversations with friends / family, that type of thing. It's very common among FSU women that unless their English is fluent, they feel embarrassed about it. They definitely think it's more important than we do. Living in the U.S., we have been around people of varying degrees of English ability for a long time. FSU women seem to think everyone speaks perfect English. I make sure to remind her that even many natural born U.S. citizens can't speak proper English to save their lives. As soon as my wife got her green card, she wanted to work, in part because she knows it will help her language improve.

When we first met, I spoke much more slowly using basic words and we used google translate. My progression to speaking more normally probably outpaced her understanding, and I had to check myself fairly frequently early on. Over time, you pick up on the "Russian way" of speaking, such as "maybe orange juice?" instead of "would you like some orange juice" ? In fact, I have started doing it myself, and many times have answered others in public (english speakers) with da, instead of yes.

It helps to be understanding when discussing things and not assuming she means "exactly" what she says helps because you may assume some bad intent or other negativity when she means none at all.

Do you recommend a tour or dating site?
alyosha
Freshman Poster

Postby LFL » July 15th, 2017, 12:02 pm

alyosha wrote:Do you recommend a tour or dating site?

If you have infinite money, infinite time to travel, and infinite time without aging then there is nothing wrong with any tour. Otherwise, my recommendation for anyone seeking a relationship leading to marriage internationally is to use a free dating website. It's hard to recommend just one because there are many sites that refer to the same database and new sites can pop up at any time. For those of us who don't have a history of success with women, or being social in general, screening many women online saves time and money. Having said that, there is a big difference between doing this with a solid intention to travel to meet the right person and being a keyboard warrior afraid to get on a plane. For those who have never been abroad, I would suggest taking a trip, just to get your feet wet, so that the idea of travelling to meet someone that you met online is not just a pipe dream, but there are cheaper ways to do this than a romance tour.

Despite claims by romance tour companies, local marriage agencies supply women to these events. If you go directly to these agencies you can have introductions for about $50 each. I personally have asked women that I met at a Dream Connections event and they were called by their local agency that morning (Sunday) because they needed people and they were not screened. One of these women began a relationship with someone else on my tour and he was taken for a ride.

So, to answer your question, I would not recommend any romance tour unless you have infinite time, money, and agelessness. I guess patience, as well.

By the way, I noticed Steve Neese put out a video about Veronica Olsen and how she helped his relationship. He didn't say Dream Connections, but we know the history in this forum. Why does he have to look elsewhere for support after his tour ? Something to think about ...
LFL
Freshman Poster

Re: Dream Connections and Mark Davis - Uncensored Discussion

Postby Voyager1 » July 15th, 2017, 1:25 pm

Not surprising Mark would use "local agency" girls to fill up his socials. Trouble is many of them are gold-diggers and pro-daters. Not what a guy invested $4,950 for.

Looks like Mark needs to do a little better "coaching" on how not to be taken advantage of.
Voyager1
Junior Poster

Postby LFL » July 15th, 2017, 1:40 pm

Voyager1 wrote:Not surprising Mark would use "local agency" girls to fill up his socials. Trouble is many of them are gold-diggers and pro-daters. Not what a guy invested $4,950 for.

Looks like Mark needs to do a little better "coaching" on how not to be taken advantage of.

According to Mark's promotional videos, his coaching in this area is "let your guard down, these woman have already been screened. They are all good girls !!!"
LFL
Freshman Poster

Postby alyosha » July 16th, 2017, 10:33 pm

LFL wrote:

If you have infinite money, infinite time to travel, and infinite time without aging then there is nothing wrong with any tour. Otherwise, my recommendation for anyone seeking a relationship leading to marriage internationally is to use a free dating website. It's hard to recommend just one because there are many sites that refer to the same database and new sites can pop up at any time. For those of us who don't have a history of success with women, or being social in general, screening many women online saves time and money. Having said that, there is a big difference between doing this with a solid intention to travel to meet the right person and being a keyboard warrior afraid to get on a plane. For those who have never been abroad, I would suggest taking a trip, just to get your feet wet, so that the idea of travelling to meet someone that you met online is not just a pipe dream, but there are cheaper ways to do this than a romance tour.

Despite claims by romance tour companies, local marriage agencies supply women to these events. If you go directly to these agencies you can have introductions for about $50 each. I personally have asked women that I met at a Dream Connections event and they were called by their local agency that morning (Sunday) because they needed people and they were not screened. One of these women began a relationship with someone else on my tour and he was taken for a ride.

So, to answer your question, I would not recommend any romance tour unless you have infinite time, money, and agelessness. I guess patience, as well.

By the way, I noticed Steve Neese put out a video about Veronica Olsen and how she helped his relationship. He didn't say Dream Connections, but we know the history in this forum. Why does he have to look elsewhere for support after his tour ? Something to think about ...

Who is Steve Nees?
alyosha
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » July 26th, 2017, 11:02 am

LFL wrote:
Winston wrote:Oh are you one of Mark's successful clients who found a bride? If so, then Mark must have featured you in one of his "success videos" and testimonials. Right? Can we see you on his videos or testimonials page? If so how do we find you? Are you on his testimonials page? If so under which name? I would imagine that Mark would showcase you on his site and videos if you are one of his successful clients.

I didn't meet my wife through Dream Connections. However, according to Mark's definition of successful, I would probably be considered that since I "began a new relationship" on one of the tours. Obviously, it did not lead to marriage. I am in some promotional videos and photos from my tour, but I haven't noticed him claiming me as a successful DC couple (yet).

About the testimonials, there is nothing dishonest about them. Men voluntarily provide them. Whether these men are completely naive and still on the emotional high of the tour experience while giving it is something else entirely. There is a cult-like mindset among clients. It's truly remarkable.

I somewhat gather from your post that you think I'm someone wanting to push for Dream Connections. I am not. I want people who sincerely want to find happiness to be able to make informed decisions about how they search. There is SO MUCH misinformation surrounding Dream Connections, on both sides.

Well then Mark's definition of "successful" is misleading and inaccurate then, as I explained before. The goal of a romance tour is to find a wife. If you find one, then you are successful. If not, then you are not. Finding someone to correspond with is not the goal. If you want to use that as your low criteria, then I can guarantee you a 100 percent success rate. Just go to DateinAsia.com and in minutes, you can find a sweet Filipina girl to correspond with. Very easily. See how low of a bar that is? Mark is using a cheap dishonest tactic, he is redefining what "success" means in order to get a high number. That's deceptive. See here.

http://www.dreamconnections.com/about-us

Since that first book was published in 2009 he and Anna have appeared on Dr. Phil, The TODAY Show, Women’s Entertainment Network, and conducted over 50 radio interviews. Mark and Anna now host groups of men on “Quest Tours” with their company, Dream Connections, with an 80% success rate.

Well some of his testimonials are deceptive in the sense that he is using couples who met on AFA as his own success stories, including his own marriage to Anna. I know of about 3 couples on his site who were actually AFA couples, including Law Jackson and his wife.

Yes I noticed a cult-like mentality among his tribe. It's apparent from his videos too. It's too positive and enthusiastic, to the point of being contrived. That's what cults are like. Even Amway is like that too.

You mentioned there is much misinformation on both sides. What is some of the misinformation on Mark's side? Can you be specific or elaborate?
Check out my video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Also see my HA Grand Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » July 26th, 2017, 11:06 am

LFL wrote:Perhaps this sheds some light on why there is a lack of negative feedback from people who have experienced a tour.

Perhaps the fact that every client (CLIENT... not partner, such as Olga Reznikova, not employee or contractor, but CLIENT) has signed a contract which includes language regarding non-disclosure and trade secrets. Of course, it's ridiculous to think that they reveal their secrets openly to clients, but do not think for one second that it is not a deterrent from speaking publicly negative. It's simply not worth dealing with the wrath of Dream Connections and their substantial cash flow to disparage them on an open forum FOR FREE. Did you see the video they put about threatening Olga ? The last part that she would be dealt with swiftly and harshly ?

So, given this context, anyone willing to speak about their experience must maintain their anonymity and avoid specific details which can be used to figure out their identity. I opened myself up to offer general knowledge publicly that can be beneficial to people considering Dream Connections, which is the purpose of this thread. I even opened myself up privately to a couple people who seemed to be asking for specific help. Amazingly to me, that appears to have been blown off.

Anyways, if you guys want to encourage people with actual knowledge to contribute, then I STRONGLY suggest you respect their anonymity. I am willing to contribute here, but my anonymity is much more important to me than my desire to see people not taken advantage of.

Ok no problem. I'm sure we can respect your anonymity here. In fact, most forum members here are anonymous. So that is normal here. But I don't get something. If Mark's clients sign an agreement not to divulge trade secrets, then what does that have to do with testifying about whether his romance tours are good or not? Aren't inside business trade secrets different from simply giving public opinion or feedback about his romance tours? Customer testimonials are normal right? Even Agoda, Trip Advisor and Yelp have feedback and review sections. Even Ebay does. So they are perfectly legal. What do trade secrets have to do with that?
Check out my video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » July 26th, 2017, 11:12 am

LFL wrote:
gsjackson wrote:I certainly hope you'll continue to post your valuable insights here, though responsiveness in this forum is completely unpredictable. People seem to stop in briefly then check out for a couple of months. A question I have about your experience would concern how difficult it was to overcome the language barrier with your Ukrainian wife.

Winston, I don't see the point in evaluating DC through the lens of the BBB or ripoffreport. It's a simple business model, and they deliver exactly what they say they will -- the chance to meet 30 or so Ukrainian women of their choosing, who have little to no English, for $5K plus airfare. If you don't think that's a rip-off on its face, then you are a good candidate to be a member of their "tribe," as they put it.

I've noticed use of the word "tribe" and the opportunity to be part of one is a favored approach among internet marketers these days. Some marketing genius must have determined that appeal to primal impulses is the way to go, and so the word was spread.

Not as difficult as one might think. One major factor is patience. There are times of slight frustration in which she wishes she could more accurately express her feelings and thoughts. She knows what she wants to say in Russian / Ukrainian, but can't express her thoughts in English. These are not routine daily conversation issues, but only with more important conversations with friends / family, that type of thing. It's very common among FSU women that unless their English is fluent, they feel embarrassed about it. They definitely think it's more important than we do. Living in the U.S., we have been around people of varying degrees of English ability for a long time. FSU women seem to think everyone speaks perfect English. I make sure to remind her that even many natural born U.S. citizens can't speak proper English to save their lives. As soon as my wife got her green card, she wanted to work, in part because she knows it will help her language improve.

When we first met, I spoke much more slowly using basic words and we used google translate. My progression to speaking more normally probably outpaced her understanding, and I had to check myself fairly frequently early on. Over time, you pick up on the "Russian way" of speaking, such as "maybe orange juice?" instead of "would you like some orange juice" ? In fact, I have started doing it myself, and many times have answered others in public (english speakers) with da, instead of yes.

It helps to be understanding when discussing things and not assuming she means "exactly" what she says helps because you may assume some bad intent or other negativity when she means none at all.

I agree. It shouldn't be much of a problem. FSU women are good at learning languages and have much better conversation skills than Asian women. They are more intellectual too. That's why the only great female chess players are from Ukraine and Russia. None are from America or Asia.

I had no problem getting any message across using electronic translators. But of course, I too am skilled in communication.

Wait a second. I thought you didn't find your wife on DC. Did you meet her outside of DC? If so, how? Which dating site?

Has your wife changed in the US? Does she become more Americanized or spoiled? Does she say that she's disappointed that America isn't the paradise that she thought it was, and the people not as friendly as the movies portrayed?

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Dream Connections and Mark Davis - Uncensored Opinions?

Postby Winston » July 26th, 2017, 11:14 am

alyosha wrote:
Voyager1 wrote:In his latest video Mark exudes an aura of confidence as though he could conquer mountains.

I went on a dream tour and know Mark personally. I think I might be able to offer some helpful insights TO anyone interested in knowing the real deal!!

Oh really. So what's the real deal then? How was the tour? Do you wanna give a trip report and an evaluation of pros and cons? Are there any cons? Or is everything "just perfect" and "awesome" and "amazing" as Mark portrays with no cons or drawbacks?

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » July 26th, 2017, 11:18 am

alyosha wrote:
LFL wrote:

Who is Steve Nees?

http://www.happierabroad.com/team.php#SteveNeese

http://www.happierabroad.com/SteveNeese.htm

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » July 27th, 2017, 8:26 pm

Holy cow. Talk about synchronicities. I saw on YouTube that this woman named Skylar Neese also betrayed her friend. It reminded me of how Steve Neese betrayed his friend, Winston Wu, which turned into a fiasco on this thread when I threatened him over it. I guess maybe betrayal is in the Neese family blood? lol. Here is the video about it. It's some program on Dr. Phil.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby LFL » August 3rd, 2017, 3:23 pm

Winston wrote:If Mark's clients sign an agreement not to divulge trade secrets, then what does that have to do with testifying about whether his romance tours are good or not? Aren't inside business trade secrets different from simply giving public opinion or feedback about his romance tours? Customer testimonials are normal right? Even Agoda, Trip Advisor and Yelp have feedback and review sections. Even Ebay does. So they are perfectly legal. What do trade secrets have to do with that?

Contracts are signed to not divulge trade secrets. It's not clear what is considered a trade secret. Certainly Mark or anyone else at DC never specified. But the threat is there and is it really worth having to pay the costs to defend against Mr. Deep Pockets in court ? We see his attacks against Olga Reznikova.
LFL
Freshman Poster

Postby LFL » August 3rd, 2017, 3:33 pm

Winston wrote:Wait a second. I thought you didn't find your wife on DC. Did you meet her outside of DC? If so, how? Which dating site?

Has your wife changed in the US? Does she become more Americanized or spoiled? Does she say that she's disappointed that America isn't the paradise that she thought it was, and the people not as friendly as the movies portrayed?

I didn't meet my wife on DC or any other paid service. We just began communicating online and it developed from there.

My wife has not changed for the negative at all. As part of our communication, I explained about life and culture here because I wanted her to have the most accurate perception of what her life was going to be as possible. I think some people who seek love abroad tend to "upsell" in order to entice their future bride, but for me, that's the wrong approach. I would rather give them the realistic, and if they don't want it, then it's much easier to simply move on to the next online communication, rather than have everything blow up after the visa process, or even worse, after marriage.
LFL
Freshman Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Seeking Foreign Brides - Marriage Minded Only