Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Dream Connections by Mark Davis - Is it Legit or a Scam? (Uncensored Open Discussion)

Discussion for marriage-minded members seeking foreign brides for marriage and serious long-term relationships.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Re: Dream Connections by Mark Davis - Is it Legit or a Scam? (Uncensored Open Discussion)

Post by Mr Natural » February 10th, 2018, 2:42 am

LFL wrote:
February 9th, 2018, 1:08 pm
The point about guys being afraid to go on their own to Ukraine for the first time is absolutely true, and that's not a knock on the guys at all. It's completely expected.
Agreed, just a shame that the "social" method seems to be the only real alternative. Some years ago I remember this guy, first name was Alex, who worked as sort of a consultant/guide. He was in Russia or one of the other east European countries, I wonder if he is still around. I always thought that would be a much better way than how these big companies do the meat market socials. But I wonder how viable it would be economically, would guys be willing to pay thousands to a consultant/guide? I doubt it.
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!

Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Re: Dream Connections by Mark Davis - Is it Legit or a Scam? (Uncensored Open Discussion)

Post by Mr Natural » February 10th, 2018, 5:33 am

Ok I was trying to remember this guys name and did a little research. It's Alex Pinto and he runs a consulting biz in Ukraine. Website is www.fhdating.com Expensive? Depends on how you look at it. Looks like he has a one week "tour" (for you only, not a group tour) for $3600 and a 1.5 year executive membership for $6800. This sounds like a lot compared to the other tours but I think he is doing things much more the way it should be done. He looks to be basically selling his services as a consultant/translator/guide. Don't know anything about his honesty or ethics but in his website he looks so much more legit and effective than Dream Connections or AFA with their tours. Incidentally I don't know this guy, have never spoken or communicated or have any connection to him. It's just that his business model, ie his process, just seems so much more the way this should be done. Anybody know anything about this guy?
Mike Tyson

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed » February 10th, 2018, 6:25 am

Wouldn't you want a female as your translator/guide?

Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural » February 10th, 2018, 7:02 am

His wife, who is native to the area does the translating. At least I assume it's her, the website says it's a dedicated female translator assigned to you. They seem to work together as a team.

(edit) I just noticed that this guy Alex Pinto has already been mentioned in this thread. Just finished reading through this entire thread and although most of it is just petty sniping, there is absolute gold, no PLATINUM, on page 90 from the poster "watts". He lives in Ukraine but what he rants about in several posts is SO relevant to all countries and the whole foreign dating subject. Pretty much on the strong side but he tells it like it is. Wow. Best posts I have seen on this entire forum, page 90 check it out if you didn't see them.
Mike Tyson

snede
Freshman Poster

Post by snede » February 10th, 2018, 10:41 pm

Mr Natural wrote:
February 9th, 2018, 9:51 am

Well sort of. For me, having visited and lived in Asia for years, I feel very comfortable there. But a lot of guys have never even had a passport so I can see how some might want their hands held. BUT, the whole concept of looking for a wife and making convienience and efficiency your top priorities just seems messed up. I mean, aside from the meat market aspect of the "socials", think about what is happening here. A guy flys in, takes a look at a bunch of women, picks one and maybe spends a few days with her. Then flies back home having found himself a wife. Does that really seem right? And suppose we are talking about a guy who has never even visited that country, totally unfamiliar with the culture and lifestyle of people there, and doesn't even speak the language. But yet within a few days he is going to find someone to spend the rest of his life with. Are you f***ing kidding me?
It's not about choosing a wife at the socials or on the tour, it's about finding someone to start a relationship with. Marrying someone without spending a lot more time with her would be completely foolish, but to get to the point of spending a lot more time with someone, you have to start somewhere. Where in the US can I meet women who are seriously interested in marriage and family? Believe me, I have tried a lot of things over the decades and the only venues where I had any success in dating have since gone down the SJW rabbit hole. The dating world in the West is so dysfunctional and flat out dangerous that I and many other men have given up.

I know I am still looking and still researching. A Dream Connections tour is a chance to meet more single women who are seriously interested in a relationship than I would typically meet in a year. Is it the best choice for me? I don't know. Given that I am a statistical outlier, I've been thinking that one of the matchmaking services might be a better choice, so I have been researching them as well.

gsjackson
Veteran Poster

Post by gsjackson » February 11th, 2018, 1:40 am

Mr Natural wrote:
February 10th, 2018, 7:02 am
His wife, who is native to the area does the translating. At least I assume it's her, the website says it's a dedicated female translator assigned to you. They seem to work together as a team.

(edit) I just noticed that this guy Alex Pinto has already been mentioned in this thread. Just finished reading through this entire thread and although most of it is just petty sniping, there is absolute gold, no PLATINUM, on page 90 from the poster "watts". He lives in Ukraine but what he rants about in several posts is SO relevant to all countries and the whole foreign dating subject. Pretty much on the strong side but he tells it like it is. Wow. Best posts I have seen on this entire forum, page 90 check it out if you didn't see them.
Agreed, Watts dropped some great stuff, which confirms everything others with substantial experience in Ukraine, such as truthseeker and lfl, have been saying. Forget about online dating overseas -- you've got to get your butt over there..

chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 » February 12th, 2018, 6:09 pm

Realize there is no magic bullet to finding that one. Just lots of work.
Make sense to learn the language as best you can visit or try to stay as long as you can. Be decent person and network. Having some game helps too.
Lots of luck too.

Guys who turn to dating service do it cause they need someone to hold their hands . I understand .