Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Is Dream Connections by Mark Davis worth the high price? Any experiences? (Uncensored Open Discussion)

Discussion for marriage-minded members seeking foreign brides for marriage and serious long-term relationships.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Re: Dream Connections by Mark Davis - Is it Legit or a Scam? (Uncensored Open Discussion)

Post by Mr Natural » February 21st, 2018, 12:06 pm

watts wrote:
February 21st, 2018, 5:53 am
Mr Natural wrote:
February 7th, 2018, 2:02 am
what is important is that these people ... are conducting their business in an honest and ethical way and providing you the customer with what you are really looking for.
You are missing the point!!! ... the real problem is Mark sell a 5k dream and motivate the high price with pure lies!!
If he had 80-100 truly screened GOOD high quality ladies the 5k price would be a steal.

So he is charging a premium price for a non premium product. It is that simple.
Actually sounds to me like we agree. It's not so much the money but whether or not the service they provide is effective and gives you what you are looking for. That's not missing the point, it IS the point.
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Re: Dream Connections by Mark Davis - Is it Legit or a Scam? (Uncensored Open Discussion)

Post by eurobrat » February 21st, 2018, 10:28 pm

Guys in the USA can’t tell the difference because the situation has gotten so bad there. If I lived in the USA and wanted a good woman I would be searching in small rural towns at gas stations and grocery stores for the conservative girl who was raised right and doesn’t have a tinder account.

TruthSeeker
Freshman Poster

Post by TruthSeeker » February 22nd, 2018, 1:53 am

There are some things I like about DC. It's not all bad. For example look at this video

Look at how they screen the ladies. Look how their coordinator Irina has the prospective new member test her ring size. This lets the lady know what DC is all about. It's not about scamming. It's about a serious relationship that leads to marriage.

Sure some scammers get through but DC is putting forth an effort to put out an admirable service. I like how they take a pic of the girls pass so it lets her know she better not try anything.

Steve's Victoria asked for help because she genuinely needed help. She had to take time off work to spend time with him.

NMBob
Freshman Poster

Post by NMBob » February 22nd, 2018, 2:05 am

Sorry to tell you Truth, but Steve has specifically answered that that was not the issue, the idea of money for a work replacement for days off to allow for dating. The Mark Davis video trying to misrepresent it to that , was just that, lies and spin. And it did not match what Steve had said in the forum then, nor does it match what Steve has posted under his video the past week or so. On top o fall that, the first thing DC did was attempt to say she was not asking for any money, at all, for any reason. So, DCs story line never adds up.

LFL
Freshman Poster

Post by LFL » February 22nd, 2018, 12:09 pm

I'm most impressed by their ability to have their video crew in place to record this completely unanticipated meeting. You don't suppose this entire thing is staged, do you ? Of course, if it was a scripted commercial, then do you really believe this takes place when they have to fill tables at the last minute so their promotional videos of the event shows a room full of women ?
TruthSeeker wrote:
February 22nd, 2018, 1:53 am
There are some things I like about DC. It's not all bad. For example look at this video

Look at how they screen the ladies. Look how their coordinator Irina has the prospective new member test her ring size. This lets the lady know what DC is all about. It's not about scamming. It's about a serious relationship that leads to marriage.

Sure some scammers get through but DC is putting forth an effort to put out an admirable service. I like how they take a pic of the girls pass so it lets her know she better not try anything.

Steve's Victoria asked for help because she genuinely needed help. She had to take time off work to spend time with him.

NMBob
Freshman Poster

Post by NMBob » February 25th, 2018, 5:22 am

Below is from a very recent comment in Steve's video.

Lucabrats
2 days ago
Hey David, this is Frank. I went on the DC May 2017 tour to Nikoleav. Out of 26 men, only 10 percent of the guys are dating someone they met on our tour. Many of the DC profiles on-line were bought and paid for by DC from other agencies. Only a small fraction of ladies with on-line profiles attended the event. Many women attended the speed dating sessions just for the free meals. Others were interested in meeting men for gifts and meals. Unfortunately, most did not have serious intentions of meeting their second half. Mark Davis is a snake oil salesman. Although I found his educational information useful and mostly accurate, he's over-marketing and over-promising what his organization is doing for men. Mark is a narcissist and only interested in making money and his opinion of himself. Of the few men that were fortunate to meet a lady through DC, DC has not followed through help these men with information they needed for the K1 fiance process. You'd think that since Mark claims to be an expert at this, he would have a process in place and provide the information needed for the K1 visa application et al. One of the men on my tour had their lawyer contact Mark to get the information he needed to complete the application. Since the May tour, I've gone to Ukraine 4 more times on my own. Most of the men on the original May 2017 tour are also doing the same. This was a very expensive lesson. With the money you pay DC, you can afford to go Ukraine 2x or 3x on your own.

NMBob
Freshman Poster

Post by NMBob » February 26th, 2018, 7:41 pm

And now it seems Steve's video and the 116+ comments is gone from Youtube.

TruthSeeker
Freshman Poster

Post by TruthSeeker » February 26th, 2018, 8:35 pm

Steve caved to Mark's demands. Very sad.

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat » February 26th, 2018, 11:11 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:
February 26th, 2018, 8:35 pm
Steve caved to Mark's demands. Very sad.
Guys like him have deeper issues than wasting 5k on Marks Tour. His self confidence issues are really deep.

MrLee4u
Freshman Poster

Post by MrLee4u » February 28th, 2018, 1:21 am

So do "guys" who spend all day obsessing on this silly "business".

snede
Freshman Poster

Post by snede » February 28th, 2018, 2:55 am

Okay, I did the math months ago. Between 10% and 15% of men who go on a DC tour wind up married. I've met some of the couples and they seem quite nice. Where else can I find this high of a success rate? How about a higher success rate? In the US I stand a better chance of winning the lottery than finding someone to marry and have a family with. Eastern Europe looks like a much better place to look and Ukraine is about the only place that currently has much infrastructure for looking for someone to marry. I've been looking at other agencies and matchmaking services without a lot of success. I've avoided the letter writing and video chat scams successfully, so what else should I try?

retiredfrank
Junior Poster

Post by retiredfrank » February 28th, 2018, 4:28 pm

snede wrote:
February 28th, 2018, 2:55 am
I've avoided the letter writing and video chat scams successfully, so what else should I try?
Elena's models. Buy the ultimate package (it's like $300 for 3 month), read her manual carefully, get professional photos, take advantage of the profile counseling and editing she offers, only release your profile for public viewiing when it is fully polished.

Don't send money to women and don't pay for them to visit you. You have to go to them. Don't limit yourself to Ukraine, so prepare to get a Russian or Kazakhstan visa if necessary.

Start the 120 unit Pimsleur Russian course immediately (one new lesson each night, repeat the lesson the next morning, then repeat the entire course starting at unit 11, then repeat a fourth time, so about a year in all). This will be a very elementary level of Russian, but it will help you significantly when visiting Russian, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, since few people at train stations, etc speak English.

I've decided to be a monger rather than have regular relationships or marry, but based on my experiences on Ukraine, there are plenty women there looking for husbands with whom to start a family. Most of these women interested in me were late 20's to early 30's and university educated. I'm late 50's, bald, average face but gymnast body (still able to do handstands with ease, etc) so probably could pass for early 40's. Probably if these women knew my real age, their interest would have cooled. Some of these women looking for husbands were real beauties, others average-looking. The beauties typically had personality issues (entitlement attitude, frivolous) which is why local men don't want to marry them (the local men do take these frivolous beauties as mistresses). The average-looking women simply can't find enough potential husbands at their socia/educational level. For various reasons, there are more university educated women with professional jobs than men in FSU and such women refuse to marry down. So if you are under age 45, university degree or self-educated to that level, and have a good income, you should be able to easily find a wife under age 35 in Ukraine, Russia or Kazakhstan. I can't say myself how open such women will be to moving to the USA, but Elenas Models says they are open.

If you plan to bring a wife to the USA, choose based on personality not looks and marry slightly down in looks, otherwise you run a big risk of her dumping you soon after arrival. Marriage is a bad deal for men in the USA, but if you really want a family with children and you can't relocate to former Soviet union, then you have to accept the risk, I suppose.

LFL
Freshman Poster

Post by LFL » February 28th, 2018, 4:36 pm

snede wrote:
Okay, I did the math months ago. Between 10% and 15% of men who go on a DC tour wind up married. I've met some of the couples and they seem quite nice. Where else can I find this high of a success rate? How about a higher success rate? In the US I stand a better chance of winning the lottery than finding someone to marry and have a family with. Eastern Europe looks like a much better place to look and Ukraine is about the only place that currently has much infrastructure for looking for someone to marry. I've been looking at other agencies and matchmaking services without a lot of success. I've avoided the letter writing and video chat scams successfully, so what else should I try?
Take your thinking to the next level regarding these DC couples. Compare yourself to the successful men. You have described yourself as an outlier, or not a "normie". Now, I know a number of the guys in these DC couples. For the most part, they are "normie". The ones that were on my tour were not only normie, but quite friendly and outgoing. They were VERY comfortable interacting socially. A number of the successful guys also were very financially appealing. Now, I understand this is not the case with all of the successful guys, but many of them would have no problem finding a woman in the west, but they chose this path instead, wisely. Put aside claims of "success rate" and trying to find "a higher success rate", because you are not like most of the guys upon whom these claims are based. Paying thousands to meet one or two rooms full of women who have a choice of many guys is not the answer for you.

I've written previously in this thread about how I met my wife. There is a difference between letter-writing websites and free websites, where you can take the conversation to Skype, Viber, or any other free communication method. Remove the financial incentive from your communication. You do not have infinite time or money. You have to cast a wide net. It is much more effective to screen the multitudes of women online and narrow it down to those with interest before incurring the cost of a trip abroad.

By using online search, you can target women living in areas where they don't have the opportunity to meet lots of guys. SIncere women that you talk to will assume you are just another keyboard warrior in the beginning. So, you can show her a photo of your passport's stamp for your previous visit to Ukraine. Show photos of your previous trip to Ukraine. You want her to understand you are serious and have every intention to come see her when the time is right.

You need to be absolutely upfront with her about your life. Your personality, your living conditions, your lifestyle, what her lifestyle will be like. Be upfront with her about everything because the truth will come out eventually, and the sooner the "screening" takes place, the better for you. Don't sugarcoat. Relationships that fall apart 6 months later or a year later are a waste of that time, and time is not on your side.

In a nutshell, avoid any situation where a third party has a financial incentive. Cast a wide net because the sincere women are out there, usually in smaller cities where tour companies don't go.

MrLee4u
Freshman Poster

Post by MrLee4u » February 28th, 2018, 8:11 pm

retiredfrank wrote:
February 28th, 2018, 4:28 pm
snede wrote:
I've avoided the letter writing and video chat scams successfully, so what else should I try?
For various reasons, there are more university educated women with professional jobs than men in FSU and such women refuse to marry down.
Same is the US http://culturewhiz.org/forum/topic/why- ... rs-men-usa

SteveUKR
Freshman Poster

Post by SteveUKR » March 25th, 2018, 8:48 am

http://blog.happierabroad.com/2017/11/h ... ients.html
If you are going to take a tour with any agency that introduces you to foreign women, I would not use Dream Connections unless you want to over pay and get very little for the money. The hotel in Nikolaev was $12 a night and we paid $5000 plus airfare. It's a total rip off.
The hotel DC uses in Nikolaev currently runs 540 UAH/night (~$21) for a single room single occupancy including an all you can eat buffet breakfast.

https://www.booking.com/hotel/ua/continent.en-gb.html

https://reikartz.com/en/hotels/continent/

The rooms are clean and comfortable. Nothing wrong with this hotel. It's centrally located near the pedestrian area so it's position is quite good in terms of arranging your dates. I don't know why people are criticising this hotel. The fact is that there just aren't that many hotel options in Nikolaev. One better might be Reikartz River Mykolaiv down by the river but it's not as well situated as Continent.

Now in terms of the $4,950 Mark is charging for the program he puts on it's all relative in terms of what you get. If you get a wife or a girlfriend out of it then it may be worth it. I can see people complaining if they don't get that but it does give guys who have never been to Ukraine before a chance to get their feet wet. Newbies also tend to feel more comfortable in a group rather than just going on their own.