Rank of countries to find a foreign wife

Discussion for marriage-minded members seeking foreign brides for marriage and serious long-term relationships.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Rank of countries to find a foreign wife

Post by chanta76 »

Ok..it seems like many guys will agree that the Philippines is maybe best to find a wife.
So in Asia it probably is the Philippines but at the same time I been reading Winston problem with his wife ( sorry not sure if your married or not) and I just wonder about the maturity of Philippine women.

I used to thought that Russia would be nice but now read about how spoiled Russian women are. So where does that leave us...

In no order these are the countries that I keep seeing when guys want to go overseas.

In no order what so ever.

Philippines
Russia
Brazil
Thailand
Costa Rica
Mexico
Colombia
China

Well..I keep seeing these countries being mentioned all the time. Just wondering from other people experience which is best to find a decent wife. Oh..by the way I am Asian American . I imagine I would have some handicap if I went to Russia but I think I do OK in the other countries.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

There's no such thing as best place, every situation is different. The culture of those countries is vastly different, and the women vary greatly within those countries as well. Play the game, take your time.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Asian Americans should go to Thailand
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

odbo wrote:There's no such thing as best place, every situation is different. The culture of those countries is vastly different, and the women vary greatly within those countries as well. Play the game, take your time.
What he said! I get so tired of dudes asking for the top places for such and such. There is no country where the women are "one size fits all."
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

Geez. Its so silly trying to find the "best place to get X".

1. Find out what kind of person you wanna LTR with.
2. Find out where most of those types of people live(outside of US/Canada).
3. GO THERE.
4. ?????????
5. PROFIT!!!11
Montanaland
Freshman Poster

The land that time forgot...

Post by Montanaland »

I'd like to point out two countries (Kyrgyzstan/Uzbekistan) that experienced travelers/mongers have pegged for being excellent cultures where the women are that of "marriage material" quality. Uzbekistan is the country in Central Asia with the most info on it on the internationalsexguide.info site, however its government has made it extremely tough to visit in the last 5ys or so. Kyrgyzstan on the other hand is actually designated as my states (Montana) sister country in trade as I learned earlier this year from one of my students who's dad was stationed over there in the AF.

Also, I'm reading that meeting genuine young EE women in Moldova and provincial Russia are easy once you take up a short term residence- min 2wks.

For just meeting non-pro women the Philippines is indisputably #1, followed by Indonesia. Their is so much talk/hype about Colombia on ISG.com ..but I believe Peru offers up more personable women from all the comparison reports that I've read. Brazil has gotten pricey in the last few years and with that their women aren't as quick to be wowed by just an American.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Montanaland,

Thanks for the input. Pretty much everyone is right. You have to know who you are and what you want and set a goal to go after it.

Because I am Korean I thought about moving back to Korean. I grew up in America all my life (soon to be 35 ) and figure maybe try to find a woman there but Korean women are becoming more spoiled. But at the same time if I do decide to live overseas at least in the beginning I might be able to land a job as a ESL teacher (I already have a college degree and just recently got my TESOL certificate ). So maybe use Korea as a starting point. Travel to various countries around and figure which fits me.

At the same time I did consider Eastern Europe and South America but finding work there would be hard. And for whatever reason I just have this feeling that in Eastern Europe they look down on Asian men.

I have to put more research into this. I realize as I'm getting older living in America is tiring me out. It's not the rat race too much but the spoiled obnoxious attitude you find with Americans. Plus I just find American women to be so turned off. This also applies Asian American women.
Travel Dude
Freshman Poster

Re: Rank of countries to find a foreign wife

Post by Travel Dude »

I would take Mexico off the list......too close to the USA

I have a girl from Peru. Peruvian women are wonderful! That is why I live in Peru!!!!
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

Travel Dude wrote:I would take Mexico off the list......too close to the USA

I have a girl from Peru. Peruvian women are wonderful! That is why I live in Peru!!!!
I agree... Peruvian women are great :) Travel Dude, are you living in Piura? I loved that city when I visited it in 2007. I lived in Peru for 6 years (2 years in Chimbote and 4 in Trujillo) and I am thinking of going back. Where did you meet your Peruana?
Last edited by chibolo on May 1st, 2015, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

Best is relative. You say the Philippines, but what if you aren't attracted to Asian women? Are you willing to learn a language? Do you live in America, Europe or Australia, etc? Are you high income or low income? Religious or atheist? A player or traditionalist? Figure out some of these questions first and then we can give you the best answer.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

This list is OK but they're not great places to live.

I'm now in Barcelona. It's a world class city and yet I've spent less here than I did in Bangkok. Smart location independent people are realising the benefits of living in Southern Europe.

China has pollution, Brazil has crime, Costa Rica is boring. We have food that is treated as a religion.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 24th, 2020, 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

It's an old thread. I'd put Indonesia high up on the list. I don't know if it's better than the Philippines. For me, it is, since I've lived there, speak the language, and know more about the culture, probably, than I do about the Philippines' culture. The food is a bit more interesting than the Filippino food I've eaten. It's similar, but Filippino food tends to be more bland. Pork and pork fat seems to be the favorite flavoring. But there are varieties I haven't tasted. I like Filippino food okay, but Indonesian is better. And my wife is a top-notch cook.

The Indonesian Christian communities can be a really good place to find a wife, marriage minded, anti-divorce, the type to cook and want a family, hospitable, and probably in the majority of cases, virgins until marriage. There are lots of ethnic groups with their own cultures. Generally, women there are used to the idea that the man is in charge of the family. Attitudes and application of that truth vary from woman to woman. They aren't doormats like the stereotype of women in Saudi Arabia. But knowing that the husband is supposed to be in charge is a good starting place. Indonesians tend to be friendly, sometimes even jovial, not quiet and uptight like a lot of Koreans and Japanese seem to be.

Looks-wise, out of 100 thin American white girls in their 20 versus 100 thin Indonesian girls in their 20's, I think I'd find more American girls 'marriageably good looking', maybe 2 or 3 times as many for my tastes. I get the impression that Filippinas might be better looking on average. But there are still plenty of real gems, exotic looking girls in Indonesia. If someone is just really into the SE Asian Malay look, Indonesia may be top notch for looks for you. Everyone's taste is different. There are light skinned girls, golden brown, and darker varieties. If you like a little brown tone, you can find that there. There are also Chinese communities.

There don't tend to be very, very fat women, at least young ones in Indonesia. It's kind of rare. They aren't skinny rails usually. But reasonably thin, usually.

Foreigners, especially whites, have an advantage dating there. They were colonized by the Dutch, so white is seen as high class and even attractive for them. Protruding noses and light skin are seen as attractive. They also think mixed kids with white are good-looking. Blacks can get married there, too, but I'd think blacks are at a disadvantage. Whites are also considered to be rich, so there could be some gold-digger sentiments that attract some girls, either that or status, since some poor and middle class girls would consider marrying a foreigner to be high status. There is also attraction. Some girls are attracted to whites. Gold-digger would likely be in the sense of the girl looking for a well-to-do husband, not trying to dump him and take his money in most cases. I suppose that could happen. Some girls there just seemed needy. I kind of learned to read the clues, but a lot of girls there liked me. There were hints like flirting, sending a present with me to give to my mom when I went home to the US (hoping to warm up the in-laws if we had a relationship.)

Being from a certain country doesn't make a girl a good wife. I suppose every country has it's prostitutes, sluts, and con artists.

I knew three girls in Indonesia who met American men online and married them. I had a conversation with one of them. I suggested online dating, probably around 2003 or so when it was fairly new there. She met a man by going to an Internet café and he proposed and they got married. She was 40, younger looking than that, and I though fairly attractive, and asked how to find a husband. I think she wanted a white husband, which was why she asked my wife. I suggested online dating, saw her about a year later, and she was engaged. Her and the other girls I met seemed sincere about finding men to marry and settle down with.

The culture is very pro-marriage. Most of the jokes I heard about sex there were about newly weds or married people having sex. I didn't hear jokes about people getting married and not having sex again, which makes sense if people keep their virginity, in general, until marriage. Sex is seen as something that is supposed to happen in marriage (a lot for newly weds) which is a good mentality for your wife to have going into marriage.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I've met good and bad women from every country I've visited.

Ecuadorian women are exotic, but I'm getting a sense of entitlement from them, which is confirmed by trips from guys in the field. Plus it's dangerous to visit.

Colombian women are in a different league and we need more trip reports to see what it's like on the ground there.

It's a shame the Spanish economy went bad as I heard there were up to 5 million immigrants here in the boom years, many of them from South America. I guess a fair number of Spanish men got Colombian brides while the going was good.

But back to Asia, and China is a great place to find a wife. For what it's worth my ex has now been married to her American husband for 5 years, so these things can work.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

xiongmao wrote:I've met good and bad women from every country I've visited.

Ecuadorian women are exotic, but I'm getting a sense of entitlement from them, which is confirmed by trips from guys in the field. Plus it's dangerous to visit.
Ecuador is not any more dangerous than other poor countries in South America (Peru, Colombia, etc.). It has a high robbery rate (similar to Peru), but the homicide rate is much lower than in Colombia. I have been to Ecuador myself (Guayaquil and Salinas) and didn't have any problems at all.