My issues with A Foreign Affair dating site

Discussion for marriage-minded members seeking foreign brides for marriage and serious long-term relationships.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Re: My issues with A Foreign Affair dating site

Post by Voyager1 »

AFA typical bait & switch

http://www.meeting-russian-women.com/a- ... ffair.html
Let me put it this way... Look at the girls pictured on A Foreign Affair's home page and on the pages promoting specific tours. Those pictures rotate all the time, but they're ALWAYS HOT. Well, NONE of those girls are ever going to show up at an AFA group tour social - at least not in the tours to Russia/Ukraine.

AFA also allows you to specify up to 25 women from the website that you would like them to invite to the socials. None of those girls are likely to show up either. At least none of the ones I listed for my tour showed up. And I have spoken with many men over the years about their experience with A Foreign Affair tours and none have seen the women they requested show up at the socials.

From the hype on A Foreign Affair's site you'd think all the girls at the socials were carefully selected, marriage/family-minded, sweet-hearted, pre-screened swimsuit models. Well, it's really nothing like that! Some quality women usually attend – attractive, decent, sincere women. But it's very different from the expectations A Foreign Affair sets.

Don't get me wrong. I personally don't believe that a Russian woman needs to be runway-model-hot to be worth meeting or pursuing. I just think that when AFA puts gorgeous, scantily-clad women all over their web pages promoting tours, and in the text description of those tours talk all about meeting beautiful Russian/Ukrainian women, they're insinuating that at least SOME women like THESE might be there. It's MISLEADING! If they put pictures of the girls that would actually be at the socials, sales would drop through the floor.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

AFA also allows you to specify up to 25 women from the website that you would like them to invite to the socials. None of those girls are likely to show up either. At least none of the ones I listed for my tour showed up. And I have spoken with many men over the years about their experience with A Foreign Affair tours and none have seen the women they requested show up at the socials.
I find that very strange that YOU are the one doing the inviting. Wouldn't the most beautiful ladies be automatically invited by AFA to attend their socials? Wouldn't they want to populate their socials with the most beautiful girls flashed on their website to give their clients the best experience which they have paid for? Why is it that I am the one doing the inviting?

Or can you imagine a lady who writes a guy religiously on AFA's chat but then never turns up to meet the guy in person when he travels to her country. I wonder what 'her' explanation would be for that. "Sorry I couldn't make it but let's continue this chat..."
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

A true R/U girl is not going to want you to attend these social events if she is really interested in you because she will see the other women as competition for her. Why would she encourage you to go to the socials where you might take interest in someone else?
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

The bottom line is that if you go on an AFA tour you are going to meet some very average girls at their social events at not an inexpensive price. For some guys this is OK. They like that neat package that AFA puts together and has been doing for many years. From what I've read do not use their letter forwarding system, chat service, gift service, anything like that as none of it is legitimate. These are tools used to lure you to their socials.
Last edited by Voyager1 on December 3rd, 2016, 4:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

-
Last edited by Voyager1 on October 14th, 2016, 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

I heard that AFA pays girls $25 to attend socials.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is olga reznikova's review of AFA. Its pretty fair and balanced. She tells you what to realistically expect from a romance tour.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCM5Ti9IoTE[/youtube]
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
CAlexandros
Freshman Poster

Post by CAlexandros »

So AFA is very likely a scam. Kinda suspected it. How are they still in business?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

CAlexandros wrote:So AFA is very likely a scam. Kinda suspected it. How are they still in business?
Not exactly. See olgas review above. It has pros and cons but isnt exactly a scam. It has good and bad women but thats to be expected in a romance tour of hundreds of women. I went to one AFA social in China and i did meet a gem there. But she was very serious, prim and proper and too tall for me. She had good moral values though and was a school teacher whom her students looked up to as a role model. There was another nice lady but she was a single mom.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
CAlexandros
Freshman Poster

Post by CAlexandros »

Still, all those gorgeous ladies and none of them real. I mean, I'm 32 years old and I'm receiving letters from women in their early-late 40s. It's like I'm picked at random and sent a letter by a woman that wouldn't even give me the time of day, let alone date me because of the huge age difference.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Last edited by Voyager1 on July 4th, 2017, 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

A very informative video.
Last edited by Voyager1 on March 27th, 2017, 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Very interesting and informative vid. Are you the mod, Voyager1? He sounds Canadian -- pronunciation of the ou sound. If so, great job.

I dropped about $200 altogether on the letter writing scam before concluding I was being had. These vids perform a real service. Not sure why I got sucked in -- I've always been skeptical about meeting women online. There's no substitute for face-to-face interaction. Heading back to eastern Europe tomorrow, with a repaired knee and feeling frisky.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote: ..... isnt exactly a scam. It has good and bad women but thats to be expected in a romance tour of hundreds of women. I went to one AFA social in China and i did meet a gem there.
As far as I could see accidentally in Cebu, Philippines, the profiles are true, these women do exist. However their profiles are collected by approaching girl groups near universities, churches, in parks etc. and some of them are accepting an 'invitation' to visit a 'studio'. They will come and fill in a profile questionaire just for fun and to get some nice professional pictures for free. They never come back again and the few who do will have just fun to read some emails from abroad or to join a party in an expensive hotel with foreign men for free.

About China, it's similar and China has 1370 million people, some women do show up and are serious. - However Russia is a large country with only 145 million people in it and openly said, if you are not a Russian speaker your chance to find an honest girl there is rather limited, especially in the Eastern part, Siberia.

Same is with Ukraine, 42 million people are not so many for this large area and the girls who want to leave can easily find the way over the border to Central and Western Europe by themselves.

Eastern Europe is well-known for girls who are into scam, if you give them money they will take it, and of course such scammers are creating a lot of untrue profiles. The only way to find out what is for real and what is scam is not to send any money but to insist to visit their place first.
Try it and you will see that most of those internet scammers will never reply to you again.

So, depending on which country, it is not always a scam.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSmrEm6yQbI[/youtube]

This video is hilarious. The guy thinks he's engaged and he's asked, "Did you get her email address?" Then he answered "No I still gotta go through the service." Classic PPL SCAM!