Which Asian country has the best/loyal wives?

Discussion for marriage-minded members seeking foreign brides for marriage and serious long-term relationships.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I'm very happy with my wife. She's from Indonesia. It's foolish, though, to think that just because a wife is from a certain place, she is going to be a good wife. I lived there for a year or two and passed over a lot of women who seemed to show interested in me before I met her.

For me, Indonesian women don't tend to be as good looking on average as women in the US. I visited a US college campus recently and was just outside of another one. But there are beautiful women there. I married one.

Some things are more important than looks for a happy marriage. Marrying based solely on looks is extremely foolish.

If an Indonesian women doesn't know how to cook, she may be ashamed to admit it because they believe women are supposed to know how to cook. They are also supposed to clean the home. I used to work with some older married ladies and they'd go home and do the wifely thing, too, taking care of the food, home and children. I didn't hear any talk of getting the man to do half the chores.

The downside is some of them believe if they work, their money is just for themselves because it is the man's responsibility to provide. But you get that in the US, too. In a way it's fairer there because the woman is seen as responsible for the home. I do help around the house, washing dishes, etc. We have a lot of children and my wife tires out.

In regard to sex, most of their jokes about sex are about married people having sex. They joke around a bit about newly weds. One woman there sent around dirty jokes, but I heard she had affairs. There are women who do that there, just like anywhere else, and men, too. Men who marry Indonesians benefit from the double standard, since a woman doing that is bad. A man doing it is seen as bad but probably not to the same degree. Some people refer to it as a man having a second wife, and the case of Muslims that may actually be the case. There is also the 'hidden wife' which could be a wife or mistress. But most women, even Muslims, don't want to live like that. Some would stay married through it though. Divorce rates have gone up recently, but I think they are far lower than the US.

Indonesians think of sex as for marriage and seem positive toward it. In the US, there are jokes about sex drying up at marriage. In Indonesia, male and female are expected to be virgins at marriage, and they make jokes about all the sex the newly married couples make (or just tease or make comments, rather than your classic joke that gets repeated). Humor on the topic tends to be pro-marriage and pro-sex-in marriage. It's a different way of thinking about it.

Wives are supposed to sleep with their husbands. Wives are supposed to submit to their husbands. Some of their cultures are rather male dominated, which is a good thing for a western man marrying in. Not every household is, though. So it's a case by case, thing. What a woman was conditioned to think was normal varies from house to house.

Batak culture is very anti-divorce and the family (which can be close and seem intrusive to westerners) tends to be against it. Their cultural system is complicated and you have to get adopted with a family name to be married into it.

Javanese tend to not say what they feel. They go to your house and if you offer water, they may say no. If they want water, they may tell you it is a hot day. If you turn down something to drink at a Javanese home, they may bring it anyway. They really serve you if you are a guest, especially overnight, and can treat you like a king. Lots of Indonesians are like this. They say the Javanese don't tell you they are upset until they are ready to kill you. I don't know what it would be like to be married to one. The positive side is they make you feel so comfortable and Javanese women are known for being submissive. The downside is if she has trouble telling you what she is thinking and feeling. But individual Javanese can be very candid. I do like Javanese people, something I can say about lots of people-groups. There are different social classes and not all are as 'refined' in the ethics I've described above.

Christians there aren't supposed to divorce. I know of a few, a few, of my wife's relatives who have divorced and had 'marital disruption' (leaving and never coming back.) I can think of three. My family in the US on the other hand-- I don't know if I can count. I don't have enough fingers. I'm comparing extended family here. My wife is Batak.

Everyone has flaws. My wife has created a bit of 'drama' over the years, often linked to PMS hormones, pregnancy hormones, etc. She's blamed me for her emotions in the past. What helps us is our faith. When my wife has difficulties she prays and gets her head on straight and sorts through it. I am very, very pleased with my wife. If I had some kind of time machine that would let my consciousness take over my body in my early 20's, I think I'd have gotten done with college really fast and married her up several years earlier in her late teens to marry her sooner. But I was selective when I was in Indonesia looking for a wife. I wouldn't have been attracted to every woman, clicked with every woman, and not every woman would have made as good of a wife.

Lot's of Indonesians like Caucasians and other foreigners. Foreign Asians may even have an advantage over local men if they are from developed countries. I'd think Africans are at a disadvantage though I've seem them with attractive local women, too. Being a foreigner comes with advantages there. You are automatically deemed rich because their wages are low. Women grow up watching Caucasian heroes on the movies. They were colonized and the Dutch were their higher class rulers. They tend not to be against ethnic mixing as far as I know except the Chinese, who may make an exception for whites. Some women may be materialistic, though, so you have to check that out on a case by case basis.

I never had my wife pay for my meals while we were dating. I'd take her out every night. She was appreciative but showed concern about me spending too much money on her. She was in college and didn't have money. I gave her unsolicited help with tuition, which she was praying to the Lord for (not praying I'd give it.) She didn't want me calling (pay per minute) on the phone too much, out of fear of running up my phone bill. I said it was okay and she was fine with it.
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

I never read very long posts. .. Why should I? :)
davewe
Experienced Poster

Re: What Asian country has the best/loyal wives?

Post by davewe »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
ryanx wrote:Why women from Southern Philippines?
I wonder why he suggests that too. My wife is from Northern Luzon and is pretty ideal. I've never been to the Southern Philippines or any of the other islands yet (time & finances would not allow it at this point) but I am quite curious as to what the differences are between Southern, Eastern, Western and Northern Filipina girls. Are the differences between the islands and their population that great? Also, does it matter if your girl is Isinay, Ilocano, Bukalot, of partial Spanish or Chinese background or a mixture of several tribes and nationalities?
Since my wife is from Cebu and former gf from Mindanao, I guess I should agree. But honestly I am not sure. Are there cultural difference between areas? Yes, just as there are cultural differences in the US between someone raised in the NE or South or West. I suspect that even bigger than the cultural differences are the language differences. In the Fil-Am group we are part of while there is much commonality, there are subtle tensions between the Tagalog and Visayan speakers, and a feeling that each believes themselves to be better than the other.

If I was advising someone I would not necessarily steer anyone towards or away from an island. I personally sort of avoided Manila girls but even that wasn't rigid; I chatted with a met a few nice ones. I suppose that if a guy was going to visit the Philippines I would suggest he decide where he would like to visit, depending on his tastes, and then meet girls there. OTOH I know several guys who traveled to obscure locations just to meet a girl and ended up meeting the love of their lives. So YMMV.
GooMacgle
Freshman Poster

Re: Which Asian country has the best/loyal wives?

Post by GooMacgle »

Here is a crowdsourced view of which Asian countries make the best wives: http://www.ranker.com/list/seeking-asia ... e/mtechman

The results change as more people add their views but so far the top ranked are:

China

Malaysia

Taiwan

Japan

From my personal interactions, I would agree with Malaysia and Japan. With China, my experience is that if you can find Chinese women without the materialistic bent and a calm disposition, they can make great partners. Unfortunately many of the Chinese women I have met are very materialistic and very short tempered and controlling. No experience with Taiwanese women for me.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: What Asian country has the best/loyal wives?

Post by OutWest »

davewe wrote:
MarcosZeitola wrote:
ryanx wrote:Why women from Southern Philippines?
I wonder why he suggests that too. My wife is from Northern Luzon and is pretty ideal. I've never been to the Southern Philippines or any of the other islands yet (time & finances would not allow it at this point) but I am quite curious as to what the differences are between Southern, Eastern, Western and Northern Filipina girls. Are the differences between the islands and their population that great? Also, does it matter if your girl is Isinay, Ilocano, Bukalot, of partial Spanish or Chinese background or a mixture of several tribes and nationalities?
Since my wife is from Cebu and former gf from Mindanao, I guess I should agree. But honestly I am not sure. Are there cultural difference between areas? Yes, just as there are cultural differences in the US between someone raised in the NE or South or West. I suspect that even bigger than the cultural differences are the language differences. In the Fil-Am group we are part of while there is much commonality, there are subtle tensions between the Tagalog and Visayan speakers, and a feeling that each believes themselves to be better than the other.

If I was advising someone I would not necessarily steer anyone towards or away from an island. I personally sort of avoided Manila girls but even that wasn't rigid; I chatted with a met a few nice ones. I suppose that if a guy was going to visit the Philippines I would suggest he decide where he would like to visit, depending on his tastes, and then meet girls there. OTOH I know several guys who traveled to obscure locations just to meet a girl and ended up meeting the love of their lives. So YMMV.
It is a loaded question. True, some women and some cultures may tend to encourage loyalty.
The more critical question for many might be, What kind of man will inspire loyalty in women?
All too often it is Earl Buttcrack with the personality of a wart-hog wondering where he can go where the
wimins will be "loyal" to his sorry-ass self.
Gary_h
Freshman Poster

Post by Gary_h »

I am a 28-year old guy from Australia married to a beautiful and smart Filipina wife. I am very glad I have met the love of my life. I met her while traveling in the Philippines for a business venture. I can say women from the Philippines (especially educated ones) are the BEST out of all the asians (Korean, Chinese, Malaysians) I have ever dated.

She is very loyal, not materialistic, hardworking, loving and have great VALUES. I fell inlove with her everyday and she works as an accountant.
The scams you read about Filipina women happens only if you are dating prostitutes in the bar, obviously. There are scams in every asian bar there is. It happens in China, Thailand, heck even Australia.
Also, the photos of dark-skinned Filipina are only true for the girls you meet in the bars.

The beautiful, fair-skinned, intelligent and high-quality ones are educated (make sure she has a degree) and have a career. Also, while they are kind and polite, they are hard to get. Also, they are shy but they can speak english proficiently. You must be a gentleman yourself and prove you are a good husband-material. Be the partner you want to meet.
Loving her for the rest of my life.

All the best! :-)
-G
ziam77
Freshman Poster

Post by ziam77 »

Beauty and loyalty goes to Philippines hands down.