The "greencard problem" with marrying a young foreign girl

Discussion for marriage-minded members seeking foreign brides for marriage and serious long-term relationships.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The "greencard problem" with marrying a young foreign gi

Post by Jester »

OutWest wrote:
I went through a huge hassle for my ex....immigration lied, fabricated false evidence and destroyed documents. It took four years to sort out and the very diligent assistance of congessional staff...a scathing letter from my congressman to the director of immigration threatening to hold up related budgetary items, and eventually they decided that the way to get me gone was to give me what I wanted.
Had no idea it was this bad.

That sounds like the effort that would be required to bring in a refugee -- not a wife.

Sorry you had to go through that but very glad you shared it.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: THE "GREENCARD PROBLEM" OF MARRING A YOUNG FOREIGN GIRL.

Post by Jester »

MarcosZeitola wrote: It's kind of a shit test, but an important one: if you find a foreign girl and she's truly worth marrying, she will stay with you wherever you go, even when you have no intentions of ever providing her with foreign citizenship and a life abroad.
Thats sure how I see it!
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Farmer308
Freshman Poster

Post by Farmer308 »

Probst best thing to do is to sneak her into the country illegaly. Avoid all the Hassel and best of all she knows that without you she is liable to be deported
AsiaHand
Freshman Poster

Post by AsiaHand »

Jester wrote:
OutWest wrote:
I went through a huge hassle for my ex....immigration lied, fabricated false evidence and destroyed documents. It took four years to sort out and the very diligent assistance of congessional staff...a scathing letter from my congressman to the director of immigration threatening to hold up related budgetary items, and eventually they decided that the way to get me gone was to give me what I wanted.

That sounds like the effort that would be required to bring in a refugee -- not a wife.

I'm calling bs on his story. USCIS deals with literally 100,000s petitions a year. It has no need to 'lie, fabricate, or destroy' documents. And I doubt his conrep did anything other than to send a form letter, which USCIS and the embassy did dutifully answer, but it had no real bearing. Yeah, sure, like a rep is going to threaten to withhold funding for one dude's case. Yeah maybe dude thinks he stuck it to the man, and good on him if he sleeps better at night, but what really happened here most likely is the process worked itself through like it does for everybody else.
Eightfold Path
Freshman Poster

Post by Eightfold Path »

AsiaHand wrote:
Jester wrote:
OutWest wrote:

I'm calling bs on his story. USCIS deals with literally 100,000s petitions a year. It has no need to 'lie, fabricate, or destroy' documents. And I doubt his conrep did anything other than to send a form letter, which USCIS and the embassy did dutifully answer, but it had no real bearing. Yeah, sure, like a rep is going to threaten to withhold funding for one dude's case. Yeah maybe dude thinks he stuck it to the man, and good on him if he sleeps better at night, but what really happened here most likely is the process worked itself through like it does for everybody else.
Try not to take him seriously.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Eightfold Path wrote:
AsiaHand wrote:
Jester wrote:
OutWest wrote:

Try not to take him seriously.
Try not to take yourselves so seriously. In my short post, I should have added that I was hardly alone at the time in difficulties with the immigration processing ce ter in Phoenix. My email correspondence with congressman Matt Salmon's office and his mmigration issues constituency affairs person was well over 100 letters and untold phone calls. The " form letter was all it was" happened repeatedly the first year. By year 5 it had gone far beyond that. A scandal emerged, with it coming out that there were closets with unprocessed visa applications stacked in milk crates, hundreds if which were never found. As Phoenix center supervisory staff were presses about specific cases, they began to lie their asses off. ( " we sent them notices, but they were returned as "undeliverable", so we cancelled the applications. ) This was SOP for lost or shredded visa applications.

The Phoenix area immigration services director was fired, and a " clean up " crew was sent to sort out the mess.

News flash ladies, it is SOP for government officials to lie and cover up to cover their a$$ at all levels of government.