The "greencard problem" with marrying a young foreign girl

Discussion for marriage-minded members seeking foreign brides for marriage and serious long-term relationships.
Travel Dude
Freshman Poster

The "greencard problem" with marrying a young foreign girl

Post by Travel Dude »

I have heard that US immigration no longer approves marriages between young foreign women with older American men. Two honest immigration lawyers have told me this. If you future wife is half your age, it is difficult to convince immigration that it is a real marriage.

The lawyer told me that she worked on a case where a young Colombian lady was applying for a greencard with a 55 year old guy in the US. Even though she had a baby with the guy, they were denied . She had to return to Colombia.

Please let me know if anyone had the same problem.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: THE "GREENCARD PROBLEM" OF MARRING A YOUNG FOREIGN GIRL.

Post by droid »

That bullshit doesn't surprise me.
But, inadvertently i guess, the bastards do the guy a service. In the sense that he doesn't see his girl turn into a spoiled brat by moving to the us. Hopefully the guy considers moving to her country then.
Many american guys still insist on bringing their lady back, for the sake of 'comfort' and not having to adapt to another culture etc.
Note that i'm NOT condoning the pigs, i had to edit this comment since it was being misunderstood.
Last edited by droid on May 2nd, 2015, 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

droid wrote:That bullshit doesn't surprise me.
But they actually do the guy a service. Too bad some guys don't understand why.
Getting the milk but prevented from buying the cow?
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: The "greencard problem" with marrying a young foreign gi

Post by OutWest »

Travel Dude wrote:I have heard that US immigration no longer approves marriages between young foreign women with older American men. Two honest immigration lawyers have told me this. If you future wife is half your age, it is difficult to convince immigration that it is a real marriage.

The lawyer told me that she worked on a case where a young Colombian lady was applying for a greencard with a 55 year old guy in the US. Even though she had a baby with the guy, they were denied . She had to return to Colombia.

I have heard such experiences...
It may depend on what country you are working through. If the marriage is in fact real, and you have a good congressman on your side...you simply become such a pain in the ass that they will give you what is legally due.

I went through a huge hassle for my ex....immigration lied, fabricated false evidence and destroyed documents. It took four years to sort out and the very diligent assistance of congessional staff...a scathing letter from my congressman to the director of immigration threatening to hold up related budgetary items, and eventually they decided that the way to get me gone was to give me what I wanted.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

OutWest wrote:
Travel Dude wrote:I have heard that US immigration no longer approves marriages between young foreign women with older American men. Two honest immigration lawyers have told me this. If you future wife is half your age, it is difficult to convince immigration that it is a real marriage.

I have heard such experiences...
It may depend on what country you are working through. If the marriage is in fact real, and you have a good congressman on your side...you simply become such a pain in the a** that they will give you what is legally due.

I went through a huge hassle for my ex....immigration lied, fabricated false evidence and destroyed documents. It took four years to sort out and the very diligent assistance of congessional staff...a scathing letter from my congressman to the director of immigration threatening to hold up related budgetary items, and eventually they decided that the way to get me gone was to give me what I wanted.
All that...and after you finally succeeded she became just an ex. I think there's a lesson in there somewhere lol.
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

Bullshit. Who are they, not to mention you, to dictate what they think is good for someone? I am in my 60s and one of these days I'll probably hook up with some young hot thing. Will it be a marriage of convenience for both of us? Probably, at least initially. But how is this any different from a lot of American marriages already? Are they going to deny Donald Trump or various other fatcats a marriage license? My congressman and both senators have probably never seen hell raised like I would do.
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Mr Natural wrote:
Bullshit. Who are they, not to mention you, to dictate what they think is good for someone? I am in my 60s and one of these days I'll probably hook up with some young hot thing. Will it be a marriage of convenience for both of us? Probably, at least initially. But how is this any different from a lot of American marriages already? Are they going to deny Donald Trump or various other fatcats a marriage license? My congressman and both senators have probably never seen hell raised like I would do.
c'mon man you guys are misreading my comment
everyone knows i more than anyone is for marrying young girls.
what i mean is that inadvertently the guy doesn't get to see his gilr turn into a spoiled aw by moving here thats all
lets do something, take out tour comment and ill better word my original comment.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Scary stuff.

So how do you get a congressman on your side?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Mr Natural wrote:
Well Trump is a billionaire yet even he didn't exactly go for spring chickens except when he was very young himself. He's had 3 wives, first was just 3 years younger than himself and second had like a decade plus but well under 2 decades.

His current wife is 23 years younger. But she's still well into her 40s.

Isn't immigration targeting the extreme gaps with very young girls, say a 30+ gap with a girl who's late teens early 20s?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Travel Dude wrote:I have heard that US immigration no longer approves marriages between young foreign women with older American men.
To create restrictions for marriage between men from rich countries and women from poor countries is often under discussion and not only in USA.
USA based feminists created the marriage broker act to make international dating through professional introduction services more difficult.

South Korea is known to try to restrict marriages between South Korean men and Vietnamese women, Cambodia created minimum income and maximum age rules for foreign men considering marriage with a local woman. UK is highly restrictive and tries to make it difficult, expensive and time consuming to proceed with marriages between UK men and women outside of EU. Norway is known to insist in complicated procedures including knowledge of Norwegian language which will take up to 2 years, Philippines can prevent young women - even if they are 18+ - to leave the country etc.

I personally never had a problem, as my country has a 6-month visa-free agreement with Japan. All what you need is a valid passport to live together for half a year. Plenty of time to regulate formalities and to switch over for long-time visa if you find employment.

In general, I think, just my observation, better to move as a Western man to the foreign country, do not bring foreign women into USA, UK, EU, Australia.

In some cases in Asia marriage makes anyway no sense, in Thailand and Philippines you can stay on a retirement visa for many years after you pass the age limit, why to marry anyway?
In Japan I was never on a spouse visa, but had working permits in the past and now I am a Japanese resident, married or not will not change my status.
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

I don't know if USA immigration is targeting anyone, except phoney marriages which they have always looked at. And I don't have a problem with them giving closer scrutiny to marriages that have a higher chance of fraud, that's just common sense. But flat out denial simply because they think it's something you shouldn't do? No way in hell they will get away with doing that to me. How do you get a congressman or senator on your side? You force them to, you make so much noise that it will be in their best interests to help you. Say what you will about American politics, but the fact is that they are still afraid of us as long as we are able to vote. Yes elections can be rigged, but only to an extent. I have an uncle who is a United States senator, a real douche bag but hey, we make em that way. They do what they do to get elected and stay elected, they play the games they do because that's what works. We reward them for their behavior. As long as you understand that you can manipulate them into helping you, particularly if your cause is just and it won't cost any of their buddies money or power. OR, instead of convincing or shaming them into helping you, just make a fair sized campaign contribution - in person while you are explaining your problem to the aide.
Mike Tyson
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Rock wrote:Trump is a billionaire yet even he didn't exactly go for spring chickens...
Super-rich people, celebrities etc. always enjoy a certain different treatment, we are not all equal when facing the law.

Personally I wonder why to marry anyway? Any reason for doing that? Co-habitation might be a better solution. At least for the beginning of your relationship - you can marry the girl later on, after a few years. It depends on the situation of both individuals and the regulations between both countries.
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

Yohan wrote:Personally I wonder why to marry anyway?
This thread is about bringing em to the states. Very difficult for her to get a visa from a lot of countries if you aren't willing to marry her. Not the easiest thing in the world even if you are.
Mike Tyson
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Mr Natural wrote:
Yohan wrote:Personally I wonder why to marry anyway?
This thread is about bringing em to the states. Very difficult for her to get a visa from a lot of countries if you aren't willing to marry her. Not the easiest thing in the world even if you are.
The situation is similar in UK. Often the best and easiest solution in UK is to enter by a third country in EU, generally via France or Germany.

There might be a similar possible option too for the USA, Asians for example often enter via Canada, Vancouver. Others prefer via Japan or South Korea. It depends on the individual situation.

But why to bring a woman into USA anyway? Better bring yourself out of the United States.

It's about Happier Abroad - for you and not for her...

My friends who have US-citizenship here in Japan are married not only with Japanese women. One is with a Filipina, another one with a Vietnamese, again another one with a woman from China, or another one with a Thai wife etc. etc.

Consider relocation! Not only for her, but for you too.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Yohan wrote:It's about Happier Abroad - for you and not for her...

Consider relocation! Not only for her, but for you too.
This strikes at the core issue: Happier Abroad is a mentality that aims at making you happier, abroad. When you bring a foreign woman to the Western world, you are only making HER happier abroad dreams come true. While it was your original intent to make YOURSELF happier. Why does she want to go abroad, anyway? Money? Status? Better career? If that's what a woman is after, it's not your best interests she has at heart, but her own. And it is her own dreams and the dreams of her family she aims to fulfil, with you being the ladder that allows her to climb into her paradise.

Now if you have a smart woman, a truly smart woman, she will realize your money is worth way more in her own country. If she's truly into you, first and foremost, and not into escaping her own country, she won't mind staying in her own country with you. After all, just being with you is enough to satisfy her, she loves you, she wants you. If she keeps bringing up her desire to move and work abroad, you have to ask yourself if she really wants you, or if she's simply after the opportunities being with you provides her with.

It's kind of a shit test, but an important one: if you find a foreign girl and she's truly worth marrying, she will stay with you wherever you go, even when you have no intentions of ever providing her with foreign citizenship and a life abroad.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144