AFA Seminar - Review from attendee

Discussion for marriage-minded members seeking foreign brides for marriage and serious long-term relationships.
snede
Freshman Poster

AFA Seminar - Review from attendee

Post by snede »

I went to one of the AFA seminar this past weekend and quite enjoyed it. So, here are some thoughts.

First, make no mistake, this is a sales pitch. There is pressure to sign up right away. On the other hand, I never felt that it crossed the line into being obnoxious.

There were some interesting characters there. One guy made it obvious that he was a player and was most likely interested in being a sex tourist. I hope he doesn't go on any of these tours.

There was a gentleman in his 70s who was looking to find a woman in her 50s. He seemed nice enough and could offer a woman a pleasant life. I hope something works out for him.

There was a 30 something Indian (as in the country) gentleman there with his mother. He is probably getting a lot of pressure to marry and have children. He seemed nice enough, but really clueless about relationships and the true nature of women. He is likely to get chewed up by an ambitious and dominant woman. I think his best bet would be a more culturally accepted arranged marriage (for some value of "arranged"). I hope it turns out okay for him.

There was another man, probably in his late 50s, who had been over in the past and continued to be in contact with a young lady. He seemed to be a nice person, but socially very awkward. He's lonely and very thirsty for someone. From listening to him, I am afraid things will end badly for him. I hope he doesn't get hurt too badly.

There were a couple of black men there and a bit of discussion about racism in the various cultures. Kind of interesting.

One of the things that bothered me was the videos running (you can find them on their website) seemed to be emphasizing how "sexy" the women are. A number of the camera shots seemed to linger on various body parts. Lots of bikinis on the beach and lots of rather scanty club wear. Personally, I am looking for someone to spend the rest of my life with, not a one night stand. There's a Dave Chappelle routine about women who dress like, shall we say, "a woman of negotiable virtue", that is topical. I found it to be quite a negative.

So, if you are even a little interested in a relationship with a foreign woman, I highly recommend attending one of these seminars when it happens in your neck of the woods.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Re: AFA Seminar

Post by chanta76 »

Great report. Thanks .
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

AFA is terrible at customer service. I sent them a few emails posing as a potential customer and they just do not respond.

Also their website is horrible and out of date, keeping stuff up there such as airfare is included.

For example this page: http://www.loveme.com/information/fake-letters.html
states that airfare is included. Winston brought this to their attention months ago but they just don't care. They leave it up.

They are a sleazy company only interested in making money.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

snede wrote:There were some interesting characters there. One guy made it obvious that he was a player and was most likely interested in being a sex tourist. I hope he doesn't go on any of these tours.
This is exactly the kind of client AFA wants. The girls might be paid or encouraged to have sex with clients as they might become repeat customers for future tours.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Voyager1 wrote:
snede wrote:There were some interesting characters there. One guy made it obvious that he was a player and was most likely interested in being a sex tourist. I hope he doesn't go on any of these tours.
This is exactly the kind of client AFA wants. The girls might be paid or encouraged to have sex with clients as they might become repeat customers for future tours.
Seems like a ridiculously overpriced form of p4p. I don't see why anyone would be dumb enough to use the service for that purpose.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Yeah but if the guy thinks he's not paying for it, if he thinks he's getting it on his own merit then it's a brilliant plan.

Anyway someone said ladies who attend AFA socials are loose anyway. Some of them tour groupies.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: AFA Seminar - Review from attendee

Post by Winston »

Thanks for you review. To find locations and dates for upcoming AFA free seminars, see here:

http://www.loveme.com/go/happierabroad& ... eminar.htm
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Thanks for the review OP! I wanted to go on their Shenzhen tour but their customer support was pretty dire. Plus they're so American and I didn't think I'd be a good cultural fit.

In the end I found enough English speaking ladies on Chinese Love Links, and I ended up going to Guangzhou instead of Shenzhen. Guangzhou has better tourist sites as well.

As to their old looking website, I was told their punters prefer it that way. I still like the ladies browsing facility, it's ancient but efficient.

While I lived in China I went on a dating social, there were 150+ women there but I didn't like any of them. Luckily it was free, but it would be rather hard to go to one of these unless you actually lived in China and had some trusted Chinese friends to sneak you into them.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Upcoming FREE AFA seminars for foreign bride seekers.

Learn all you need to know about finding a foreign bride from the world's leading experts. Get all your questions answered. Meet past tour participants. Plus, big discounts for any upcoming tours.

Tampa, Florida
Saturday March 4 2017
Time: 11 AM - 3 PM
Doubletree by Hilton Tampa Westshore Airport
4500 West Cypress Street, Tampa, FL 33607
Hotel Phone: (813) 879-4800

New Orleans, Louisiana
Saturday March 11 2017
Red Roof Inn New Orleans Airport
2830 Loyola Drive Kenner, LA 70062
Hotel Phone: (504) 466-9666

Denver, Colorado
Sunday March 19 2017

Baltimore, Maryland
Saturday March 25 2017

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Sunday March 26 2017

San Antonio, Texas
Saturday April 1 2017

Austin, Texas
Sunday April 2 2017

Sioux Fall, South Dakota
Sunday April 9 2017
Time: 5:00 PM - 9:30 PM

RSVP ONLY
(602) 553-8178 Ext. 204
For more information click here: International Dating Seminar
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow check out this video promoting the next AFA seminar in San Diego. It looks like there are young Russian girls in it to talk to there. I'm a bit confused. Are there young foreign girls to meet at the free AFA seminar? If so, then wouldn't that mean you don't need to go on a romance tour to meet them, if they are there at the free seminar? Perhaps they show these young girls in the video to tempt you to go to the free seminar, but in actuality they may be videos from the romance tour socials, and not from the free seminar? That would make more sense.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsFnwN5lwFI[/youtube]

More info here:
http://women.happierabroad.com/informat ... eminar.htm