Are Chongqing women worth marrying?

Discussion for marriage-minded members seeking foreign brides for marriage and serious long-term relationships.
confusedloverman03
Freshman Poster

Are Chongqing women worth marrying?

Post by confusedloverman03 »

I have been currently dating a Chongqing woman I met from the movie theatre l went to two weeks ago. We went out twice and she seemed fine. When I told my friends about her, they said Chinese women do not make good girlfriends. I have heard different complaints about marrying Chinese women too. Some said these women are so demanding and overly romantic. Others said they expect a lot, especially from foreign men like me. Are these true?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Are Chongqing women worth marrying?

Post by Winston »

It depends on the woman and who she is. But yes, most mainland Chinese women are very demanding and materialistic. But not overly romantic, now way, where do you get that? What most women mean by "romantic" is that you do "romantic things" for her, not that she wants to do romantic things for you. lol. But Chinese character is purely practical and pragmatic. Not romantic at all. They do not believe in marrying for love. They believe in marrying someone who will give you a harmonious family and relationship, and then the love comes later. That's the traditional Chinese mentality.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Kalinago
Junior Poster

Post by Kalinago »

It seems Lightskinned northeast asian girls are too beautiful so the matrix made it impossible to find one of quality as a normal average income guy!

Or there's a language barrier like in Vietnam.

Sigh...
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
June 18th, 2018, 8:23 am
It depends on the woman and who she is. But yes, most mainland Chinese women are very demanding and materialistic....
I agree with Winston with everything he wrote in this comment, only let me add it is not only about mainland Chinese. Living with Chinese people in Malaysia long time ago, and still have contact to some of them, I can assure you young Chinese women in Malaysia/Singapore nowadays are exactly the same... and there is no difference if they are Hakka, Hokkien, Teochew or Cantonese Chinese girls.... the same...
Last edited by Yohan on January 13th, 2023, 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
June 18th, 2018, 8:23 am
Not romantic at all. They do not believe in marrying for love. They believe in marrying someone who will give you a harmonious family and relationship, and then the love comes later. That's the traditional Chinese mentality.
There are advantages to that over marrying a woman who thinks she has to be 'in love' to be married to you, so when the temporary dopamine rush that comes early in the relationship wears off, she divorces you and finds another guy to marry to get another temporary dopamine rush. Or if she just has an affair.

Women from pragmatic cultures may see romantic movies from other countries and that might appeal to them.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

confusedloverman03 wrote:
June 15th, 2018, 3:14 am
I have been currently dating a Chongqing woman I met from the movie theatre l went to two weeks ago. We went out twice and she seemed fine. When I told my friends about her, they said Chinese women do not make good girlfriends. I have heard different complaints about marrying Chinese women too. Some said these women are so demanding and overly romantic. Others said they expect a lot, especially from foreign men like me. Are these true?
I'm not an expert on Chinese women. My wife is part Chinese, but not culturally Chinese.

But women have individual personalities. So a woman could be acommodating rather than demanding because of her personality or upbringing, even if women in the culture tend to be demanding. One thing with marrying a Chinese woman is that there is a lack of marrying-aged women in China. So if she lived there, she might have had men competing for her. So it may feel good if she is choosing you over a lot of other men. But that sort of situation could sort of feed the demanding woman mentality, too.