Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Dream Connections by Mark Davis - Is it Legit or a Scam? (Uncensored Open Discussion)

Discussion for marriage-minded members seeking foreign brides for marriage and serious long-term relationships.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 25886
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Dream Connections by Mark Davis - Is it Legit or a Scam? (Uncensored Open Discussion)

Post by Winston » January 8th, 2018, 10:44 pm

I just posted this long message and explanation to Steve under his new video, which I wrote straight from the heart. I hope I speak for most of you here, if not all. And I hope he heeds it and comes back to our forum again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFPaVmx6ktI

"Steve, this is your buddy Winston. As your friend I'm gonna tell you the truth here. Is it part of Ukraine culture for a girl to ask her boyfriend or suitor for money? The answer is Yes and No. Let me elaborate. A local Ukraine boyfriend is usually poor and thus will not be expected to give his girl an allowance or support, because he's just as poor as she is. Unless of course, he is well off. There also is no official custom or rule in Ukraine that says that a guy ought to support a girl he's dating. Unless of course, you're a foreigner. This is one of those "manufactured habits and expectations" that women in the third world adopt out of financial need with foreigners. It's so common that it's become an expectation for them, not because of their national culture or custom. So in a sense, as a foreigner, you are perceived as being rich compared to them, and hence expected to support them with an allowance of some sort. So in that sense, you could say it's part of the culture or custom. In other words, it's not part of their custom for local guys, but for foreigners it is. There's a reason for that though. Why else would they go for a foreigner over a local guy? Because the foreigner has money, that's his edge over local guys, and so of course they want to benefit from this difference, otherwise why would they seek a foreigner?

It's like that in the Philippines too. Local Filipino guys aren't expected to support their girlfriend unless they are in a serious relationship. There is no official custom about that. But even when they are married or in a serious relationship, the local guy only gives her a little, like a few dollars at a time. Especially if they are both poor. However, if you are a foreigner and dating a Filipino girl (usually only the poor ones date foreigners) then you are expected to provide an allowance for them. Again, it's a trend and norm that primarily applies to foreigners, not locals. After all, they perceive that foreigners are rich so they feel like it's an obligation for a foreigner to support them, otherwise why would they date a foreigner instead of a local guy? Put yourself in their shoes. You would do the same if you were in their poverty situation.

Anyway, I hope this makes sense and helps you to see what's going on and understand the situation. I learned all the above slowly too, from my experiences in the FSU and in SE Asia. Take care Steve. We wish you the best. Remember that there's 200 other countries in the world, and if Ukraine doesn't work out, you can always try another country whose culture may be more compatible with yours. So don't give up hope and best of luck.

Btw, I am still your friend. So you are welcome to contact me again and come back to our HA forum, where your true friends and bros are. We care about you and like you for you, not your money, so remember that and don't abandon your true friends. It's not easy to find real friends, so when you have friends like us, you should learn to cherish them. :) Just something to think about. Take care and best wishes.

Your friend,
Winston"
Check out my fun video clips in Russia and video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

See my HA Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 25886
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Dream Connections by Mark Davis - Is it Legit or a Scam? (Uncensored Open Discussion)

Post by Winston » January 8th, 2018, 10:48 pm

Here's the video by Veronika Olson that Steve referenced, where she explained why a Ukrainian woman asking you for money doesn't automatically mean she's a scammer.

Check out my fun video clips in Russia and video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

See my HA Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 25886
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Dream Connections by Mark Davis - Is it Legit or a Scam? (Uncensored Open Discussion)

Post by Winston » January 8th, 2018, 11:05 pm

Btw, did Mark Davis and DC blacklist Steve's lady Victoria too? If they are going to blacklist him, they ought to blacklist her too, especially since she's the one who asked for money. Otherwise, that is totally unjust and we should expose it. We ought to urge everyone to boycott DC unless they do the right thing and boycott VIctoria too. Otherwise, their reputation will suffer if they only blacklist their own male client who paid them 5k and was the victim of her scam, but not the woman who tried to scam him, hence punishing the victim but not the perpetrator, which would be upside down and Satanic, as @Adama would say.

That would look VERY BAD for DC and is something that should be exposed. Should I make a blog post about this? Perhaps with the title "Dream Connections client blacklisted for getting scammed by one of their ladies, yet the scammer was not blacklisted!" Would that shock prospective clients?
Check out my fun video clips in Russia and video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

See my HA Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

LFL
Freshman Poster
Posts: 49
Joined: July 8th, 2017, 1:34 pm

Re: Dream Connections and Mark Davis - Uncensored Discussion

Post by LFL » January 9th, 2018, 12:19 am

LFL wrote:
November 12th, 2017, 4:01 pm
DC ABSOLUTELY looks out for the women more than the men. Without question.

IMO, Mark's "screening" of clients falls into one of two scenarios:

1. Someone who asks many questions to verify Mark's claims, rather than just accepting Mark's word is one type. The skeptical. Because if this type goes on a tour, he is the type to provide negative feedback and see through the BS. Let's be honest here. Many (not all) guys who take this route in their lives tend to have higher levels of naivete and desperation and have limited hope. These are exactly the characteristics that DC preys upon. People who trust Mark's word, often immediately dismissing evidence to the contrary, because they are so desperate for Mark's words to be true, because they feel DC is their only hope. I felt this way. I didn't even know how to evaluate his claims. I saw the videos and believed. Only after my experience did my eyes open to the reality of the situation. In the beginning, I was exactly the type of client DC sought because I bought in hook, line, and sinker. If I had approached him with some of the questions that I have discussed in this thread, I certainly would have been screened out.

2. The second category is those who hurt the DC image. These are your repeat customers. Usually, a business loves repeat business, but not when you preach successful strategies. Mark has told men who have taken 2 tours (perhaps not all that have taken 2 tours) that he can't help them. He may have left the door open for Individual Quests Tours, which have no publicity, but seeing the same guys in multiple tours is not a selling point. Also, the women's perception of a man is important. Mark "trains" the clients on how to dress and act, etc. He markets this as a selling point and service for the guy, but it's really to prevent the women who "date" these guys from being embarrassed by being with them in public. Again, keeping the women happy is critical to the business. Guys who present themselves in such a way to be embarrassing to the women in public will be taken "shopping" by their translator.

I don't know if I have said this before, but the DC business is all about income for Mark and Anna, income and status for Anna's family in Ukraine. Mark is a king in Nikolaev because they know he brings rich foreigners to shop, eat in their restaurants, etc. Here is another point. DC translators are absolutely dependent and loyal to DC, not because of the little money DC pays them for the week, but because their clients are a new source of income because often the men make repeat trips and continue to use the translator. Translators don't do this work for the week's pay, 5 times a year, they do it for the introduction to rich foreigners. The foreign men are nothing more than an income source to all these people, including DC.
Not one to toot my own horn, but apparently I am one to quote my own post. Steve Neese blacklisted ? Nah, he's simply "screened", as I described above. Potential clients who seem skeptical or likely to be repeat failures are screened out. Simple as that. Don't be surprised if you see the lady who asked for money at future events.

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 25886
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Dream Connections by Mark Davis - Is it Legit or a Scam? (Uncensored Open Discussion)

Post by Winston » January 9th, 2018, 12:38 am

watts wrote:
January 8th, 2018, 10:30 pm
TruthSeeker wrote:
January 6th, 2018, 4:39 pm
Winston wrote:
March 2nd, 2011, 7:23 pm
Hi all,
Our friend and hero Mark Edward Davis and his wife have launched their own Foreign Introduction service called "Dream Connections".
Wow you've come a long way from this initial post. From good friends to arch rivals. How did it happen?
I'm not a rival of his. How can I be? I'm not running any romance tours so I'm not a competitor. It's nothing personal. I am not Mark's enemy. I'm just a critic and skeptic pointing out some false claims and misleading statements by DC. I do that with any company or claim or religion or belief system. Just using critical thinking. That's all. It's nothing personal.
Check out my fun video clips in Russia and video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

See my HA Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

TruthSeeker
Freshman Poster
Posts: 130
Joined: October 10th, 2017, 1:51 pm

Re: Dream Connections by Mark Davis - Is it Legit or a Scam? (Uncensored Open Discussion)

Post by TruthSeeker » January 9th, 2018, 12:40 am

On what legal basis is Mark Davis denying Steve Neese service?

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 25886
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Dream Connections by Mark Davis - Is it Legit or a Scam? (Uncensored Open Discussion)

Post by Winston » January 9th, 2018, 12:51 am

TruthSeeker wrote:
January 9th, 2018, 12:40 am
On what legal basis is Mark Davis denying Steve Neese service?
Mark has the right to disallow anyone he chooses to from his tours. Of course that's his legal right. He is not obligated to do business with all clients. No one is. His basis of course is that Steve would probably create more negative publicity and drama and hurt the reputation of his company and perhaps the morale of the other clients as well. Simple as that, as explained above.

I don't see why Mark can't just allow Steve to go on another tour but make him promise to keep all his experiences confidential and not post them online anymore? Maybe he's worried that another DC lady will ask him for money again and he will flip. Either way, Mark probably doesn't want the anxiety of having to deal with all this again.

Oh well. At least Steve can do another AFA tour if he wants. :)
http://women.happierabroad.com/tour
Check out my fun video clips in Russia and video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

See my HA Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

TruthSeeker
Freshman Poster
Posts: 130
Joined: October 10th, 2017, 1:51 pm

Re: Dream Connections by Mark Davis - Is it Legit or a Scam? (Uncensored Open Discussion)

Post by TruthSeeker » January 9th, 2018, 12:57 am

No you are wrong. That is like someone saying you can't stay in this hotel because you are Chinese or Black. So you are wrong.

I think that Steve Neese should sue Mark Davis. Hit him where it hurts him most - in his pocketbook.

Maybe there should be a class action lawsuit against Mark Davis and Dream Connections. Clients should be compensated for promises that were not delivered upon. Also clients should be compensated for any financial loss they have suffered by members they have encountered on a DC tour. ie, pro-daters / scammers.

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 25886
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Dream Connections by Mark Davis - Is it Legit or a Scam? (Uncensored Open Discussion)

Post by Winston » January 9th, 2018, 1:46 am

But truthseeker, its not a about racism or discrimination. Its about disrupting the group. He might be a bad influence on the others or create drama and controversy. Any business has a right to choose who to do business with. To sue you have to have a case. This isnt about race. So whats the case? Even restaurants have a sign saying "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone we choose to."
Check out my fun video clips in Russia and video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

See my HA Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

LFL
Freshman Poster
Posts: 49
Joined: July 8th, 2017, 1:34 pm

Re: Dream Connections by Mark Davis - Is it Legit or a Scam? (Uncensored Open Discussion)

Post by LFL » January 9th, 2018, 2:57 am

You can't legally compel someone to perform a service for you, except when it comes to baking wedding cakes for homosexuals.

gsjackson
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2014
Joined: June 12th, 2010, 3:08 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA USA
Contact:

Re: Dream Connections by Mark Davis - Is it Legit or a Scam? (Uncensored Open Discussion)

Post by gsjackson » January 9th, 2018, 3:01 am

Winston wrote:
January 9th, 2018, 1:46 am
Even restaurants have a sign saying "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone we choose to."
They can say that, but no can do, according to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which is maybe the most famous piece of legislation in American history.

arrowstar
Freshman Poster
Posts: 7
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 9:33 am

Re: Dream Connections by Mark Davis - Is it Legit or a Scam? (Uncensored Open Discussion)

Post by arrowstar » January 9th, 2018, 11:39 am

This is Steve, logging in with a newly created registration. I don’t plan on posting here again, just decided to re register to make this post about my ban from dream connections due to all the drama surrounding my girl having asked me for financial support right at the beginning of our relationship.

So as I said in my video, apparently I have been banned. I was shocked to see that considering I’ve been the biggest promoter and advocate of Mark’s company for years. I’ve been his biggest defender here at Happier abroad and put up a positive comparison video of DC vs Foreign affair for him. And I even had a big blow up with Winston because I didn’t like the way Winston pressured him in an open forum when he knew mark would be sensitive to public opinion over the referral fee issue. Although I considered Winston as a friend too, I didn’t like the way Winston was pressuring Mark by making it all public . I thought it wasn’t fair to Mark. In other words, I was defending someone “WHOM I CONSIDERED A FRIEND” . I have done absolutely nothing wrong or bad to Mark or his company so I was shocked when he told me I was banned. But like I said in my video, I know its related to the drama that took place between Victoria and I over the issue of her asking me for money. I can only guess that he is very sensitive to this issue and the whole thing has somehow made him tainted against me. But another reason could be that he is still mad at me for posting my story here at happier abroad. He was frantically distraught when winston mass messaged everyone in the Ukraine dating biz about my story. Mark called me and said “Steve, I would hope you consider me as your friend, and I’m sure you wouldn’t want to cause harm to your friends” etc etc . I had no idea my story was going to be so upsetting to him but winston’s spreading it all over the net seemed to have really set him off. As many of you recall, I even deleted my post for him. So perhaps he could still be upset about that. But my god, despite all that happened with Victoria, I never imagined he would turn against me over it. If she hasn’t asked me for financial support, none of this would have happened in the first place. Whatever the exact reason, it’s related to this drama with Victoria. There is nothing else it could be.

Anyways, I had withheld putting up this video but now there’s no reason to worry about it anymore so I’ve put it back up as a service to other men who are considering dating in the Ukraine . I’ve been in touch with tons of the guys on my tour and on past tours and found that it is very true that most of these women do expect some financial support. Not all, but definitely most. I’m putting up the video because guys should be be made aware of this issue. I didn’t like the way I was blindsided by this. Of all of Mark’s training courses and videos, this is one item that he doesn’t prepare the guys for and I don’t think it’s right to let all these guys get blindsided by this. It was a horrible hurtful experience to have felt like I’ve fallen in love with this woman and that she could very well be my future wife only to hear her ask me and our final night for financial support. And Mark , if you are reading this , it was very disengenius of you to deny the fact that she had asked me for money . The conversation log was obvious that she was asking me for money. I’m going to put it bluntly , despite all this, I still think that overall Mark’s a good guy, but it was like a slap in the face to see him try to twist the truth by saying I simply misread the online interpretation log. That was a moment I needed his support and honesty but he was in total flat out denial of what happened. To his credit , they were interested in trying to resolve this issue but what they did was try to turn this issue into the idea that I had complained about giving her a little money (about $60) for her to get her makeup and hair done and to cover what she had to pay a co worker to cover her shift at work so she could attend the dinner finale. So not only was he not honest with me in my time of need about confirming what had happened, he created a false premise for a new video on this topic of financial expectations with Ukraine ladies and told a false story that I had complained about giving her a little money to prepare for the dinner event . Mark , if you’re reading this , ask my interpreter , she’ll tell you that I never complained or even questioned , and was happy to give Victoria a little money for her preparations. Anyways, I tried posting the video I’m talking about but this forum keeps telling me links are not allowed so I have to post this without the link .The video I’m talking about is titled “the uncomfortable subject of money and dating overseas”.

* Inserted by admin, the video Steve refers to above: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIoi79lFVUg

I still think the dream connections model is a good one and would still recommend dream connections to anyone considering a tour with them, but it is critical that guys be aware that most ladies will at some point start hinting or asking for financial support. Not 100% of them , but the vast majority. And if a guy is ok with that, and can accept that it’s just part of the culture, then great. But being in complete denial publicly about this , especially to your clients whom you should be caring for is very very disengenuous. I haven’t found that Mark directly lies about anything as many of you guys have said, but there is something almost as bad as directly lying which is lying by omission. He simply doesn’t talk to the guys about this financial support expectation that most of these ladies have. I’ve talked to a ton of guys on Facebook who were either on my tour or past tours and it was astounding to learn that this financial support expectation was the cause of relationship failure in most cases. Also, later on after the initial drama with Victoria settled , Mark finally changed his tune a bit and told me in person that it’s not a big deal that she is asking me for money and that it’s normal for Ukraine culture. But he doesn’t say that or talk about it at all in his videos. Other than this flaw, I still think dream connections is a good company and Mark seems to genuinely care about helping guys have success. And yes, Marks claim of a 80% success ratio is true but ONLY in terms of starting a relationship. Based on everything I can see, only about 10-20% of guys end up marrying someone from the tour. I’d guess about 1-2, maybe occasionally 3 guys out of the typical 20-24 guys in a tour. I’m still in touch on fb with most (but not all) of the guys on my tour and I have yet to see anyone who has gotten married at one year out. Even the guy who made a public proposal for marriage at my nov 2016 tour (Norman riches) ended up not getting married. I chat with him from time to time. I think she just backed out for some reason. BUT, still, some guys do find their wife on these tours which is why I still try to date over there. It can definitely happen but the numbers of success are small indeed. But yea, it does suck to feel you’ve been stabbed in the back by someone you thought was a friend and whom you’ve been such a fervent supporter of, and been an advocate for, and defended for many years. I feel like a fool now. There was no reason for banning me other than Mark just feels the whole ordeal was a bad experience from his perspective. Admittedly, there was a a lot of drama because of this issue. I honestly think this issue (that he avoids talking about) makes him very uncomfortable, hence , my ban, or maybe he’s afraid I would talk about my experience with the other guys on the tour. Either way, it wasn’t fair, that much I know. But there are plenty of other agencies and it only takes one girl so not all is lost. Oh , and Winston, I guess I’m over my but hurt about our fallout. I might post here from time to time again, we’ll see.

gsjackson
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2014
Joined: June 12th, 2010, 3:08 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA USA
Contact:

Re: Dream Connections by Mark Davis - Is it Legit or a Scam? (Uncensored Open Discussion)

Post by gsjackson » January 9th, 2018, 12:04 pm

Just to be clear, since Winston is role playing a Kyrgyzstan who has never heard of the US, no public accommodation, which includes restaurants and most any other vendor of goods and services, can discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion or national origin. Go in barefoot and the restaurant can kick you out, but not for any of the aforementioned reasons..

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 25886
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Dream Connections by Mark Davis - Is it Legit or a Scam? (Uncensored Open Discussion)

Post by Winston » January 9th, 2018, 12:14 pm

Steve Neese responded to my comments in his video. See below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFPaVmx6ktI

Global dating 6 hours ago (edited)
I have no desire that they Blacklist her. She's a nice lady and I hope the best for her and hope she finds someone. And look, Dream connectiond doesn't care whatsoever if their girls are asking for money. In fact, Mark see sees it as normal and he doesnt see there's anything wrong with it because he sees it as a normal part of the culture. He was encouragingly advising me to just send more if she is complaining about my not sending enough. He told me he did the same for Ana when he met her. I just wish they would at least cover this topic in their videos and course materials since it's the reason for the vast majority of the relationship failures, at least based on my informal survey with guys I found at Facebook who attended my tour or other tours. You would think they would at least let the ladies know how bad it will look if they do this but I dont think they bring it up with the ladies either. Also, the only video Dream connections has about this topic is one that covers the subject of how guys should be willing to help the girls out with small expenses such as travel (if she had to travel to be there), and costs for her getting her hair and makeup done in preparation for their dinner finale which occurs on the last night of the tour. Other than that, they dont touch upon this issue.

Global dating 6 hours ago (edited) Highlighted reply
Hey Winston. Well, I can say one thing for sure. Of the 4 serious relationships I had with Filipinas, of which two actually came here on a fiance visa , none ever asked me for money despite they were poor. The common thing Ive always heard Filipinas say is that they would feel embarrassed to do that. But things are different in the Ukraine. It is expected in the Ukraine. And I almost became engaged to a poor peruvian girl and have had a few other serious relationships with Latin girls who were also rather poor . But never has any of them asked me or hinted to me for money. I personally I think it depends how desperate or how poor a girl is. If you ask a well off higher class Ukraine woman about this subject, they will say no its not part of the culture and not normal. But from what Mark Davis (said to me in person) and Veronika Olsen says in her video(see link in the text section below my video) , it is indeed part of the culture and is expected. So go figure. All I know is that 70% of the men I spoke with who dated or are dating Ukraine ladies said they have been asked for financial support. That's what I do know. It amazed me as I spoke to guys from past tours and this same story line kept popping up,.... relationship failure due to the woman asking or expecting financial support. And in all the prep courses and prep/training videos that DC does, they wont dare touch upon this subject for obvious reasons. The only video that talks anything about financial expectations is a video where Mark talks about how its ok to give your lady some spending money to help her prepare for the big dinner gala that occurs on the last night of the tour so she can get her nails and hair done etc, and in this video he talks about a guy (he was referring to me) complaining about having to fork out $50 (or some small amount like that) to help her with these small expenses when he knew full and well I never complained about helping her out for that small trivial stuff. And in fact I was quite happy to do so. My sole complaint was regarding her asking me for monthly support when I returned back to the US. But he used my situation and twisted the truth like this to make a video about financial expectations which doesnt cover this financial help expectation at all. The agencies won't talk about it. Why would they? If you were the bsuiness owner would you? Probably not as it would scare off a considerable amount of men. They just dont mention it and let the shoe drop where it may or let the guys deal with it when it happens with no preparation whatsoever. From a business standpoint, I understand it but its leaves guys hanging. Now, as I said, as Veronika Olsen says in her video (see text portion below my video) this doesnt necessarily mean the girl doesnt really love you, and after all, some ladies won't ask for financial help , so I still think a guy can be successful on these tours but it takes a lot of luck. And yes, these tours have a 80% success rate , as in meeting someone whom you like and plan to continue a relationship with when you get back to the US. But as I said, a very small % (Id guess 10%) end up married, and about 7 out of 10 guys told me things fell apart due to this financial support expectation. As for myself, Im still looking in the Ukraine simply because Im willing to accept that this fiancial support expectation is just the way the culture is and Im just hoping to get lucky and find one of those girls who won't ask me for money right out the gate. And I still think Dream connections is probably the best agency and romance tour company out there. Their systen is good and Mark really does seem to care about helping guys make a connection. I'm just putting my video out there to help the guys be ready for when this fiancial support issue does come up , they'll at least be prepared. It will come up in one form or another with about 70% of the ladies. Most of them dont directly ask, they will drop hints by complaining about how bad they have it or sonething like they lost their phone and need a new one but cant afford it, or something like they have a tooth ache that is hurting and making their life miserable etc etc etc. Thats how the hints happen and so thats what I mean by fiancial support. I'm hoping my video will prepare guys for when it does happen.
Check out my fun video clips in Russia and video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

See my HA Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 25886
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Dream Connections by Mark Davis - Is it Legit or a Scam? (Uncensored Open Discussion)

Post by Winston » January 9th, 2018, 12:41 pm

arrowstar wrote:
January 9th, 2018, 11:39 am
This is Steve, logging in with a newly created registration. I don’t plan on posting here again, just decided to re register to make this post about my ban from dream connections due to all the drama surrounding my girl having asked me for financial support right at the beginning of our relationship.

So as I said in my video, apparently I have been banned. I was shocked to see that considering I’ve been the biggest promoter and advocate of Mark’s company for years. I’ve been his biggest defender here at Happier abroad and put up a positive comparison video of DC vs Foreign affair for him. And I even had a big blow up with Winston because I didn’t like the way Winston pressured him in an open forum when he knew mark would be sensitive to public opinion over the referral fee issue. Although I considered Winston as a friend too, I didn’t like the way Winston was pressuring Mark by making it all public . I thought it wasn’t fair to Mark. In other words, I was defending someone “WHOM I CONSIDERED A FRIEND” . I have done absolutely nothing wrong or bad to Mark or his company so I was shocked when he told me I was banned. But like I said in my video, I know its related to the drama that took place between Victoria and I over the issue of her asking me for money. I can only guess that he is very sensitive to this issue and the whole thing has somehow made him tainted against me. But another reason could be that he is still mad at me for posting my story here at happier abroad. He was frantically distraught when winston mass messaged everyone in the Ukraine dating biz about my story. Mark called me and said “Steve, I would hope you consider me as your friend, and I’m sure you wouldn’t want to cause harm to your friends” etc etc . I had no idea my story was going to be so upsetting to him but winston’s spreading it all over the net seemed to have really set him off. As many of you recall, I even deleted my post for him. So perhaps he could still be upset about that. But my god, despite all that happened with Victoria, I never imagined he would turn against me over it. If she hasn’t asked me for financial support, none of this would have happened in the first place. Whatever the exact reason, it’s related to this drama with Victoria. There is nothing else it could be.

Anyways, I had withheld putting up this video but now there’s no reason to worry about it anymore so I’ve put it back up as a service to other men who are considering dating in the Ukraine . I’ve been in touch with tons of the guys on my tour and on past tours and found that it is very true that most of these women do expect some financial support. Not all, but definitely most. I’m putting up the video because guys should be be made aware of this issue. I didn’t like the way I was blindsided by this. Of all of Mark’s training courses and videos, this is one item that he doesn’t prepare the guys for and I don’t think it’s right to let all these guys get blindsided by this. It was a horrible hurtful experience to have felt like I’ve fallen in love with this woman and that she could very well be my future wife only to hear her ask me and our final night for financial support. And Mark , if you are reading this , it was very disengenius of you to deny the fact that she had asked me for money . The conversation log was obvious that she was asking me for money. I’m going to put it bluntly , despite all this, I still think that overall Mark’s a good guy, but it was like a slap in the face to see him try to twist the truth by saying I simply misread the online interpretation log. That was a moment I needed his support and honesty but he was in total flat out denial of what happened. To his credit , they were interested in trying to resolve this issue but what they did was try to turn this issue into the idea that I had complained about giving her a little money (about $60) for her to get her makeup and hair done and to cover what she had to pay a co worker to cover her shift at work so she could attend the dinner finale. So not only was he not honest with me in my time of need about confirming what had happened, he created a false premise for a new video on this topic of financial expectations with Ukraine ladies and told a false story that I had complained about giving her a little money to prepare for the dinner event . Mark , if you’re reading this , ask my interpreter , she’ll tell you that I never complained or even questioned , and was happy to give Victoria a little money for her preparations. Anyways, I tried posting the video I’m talking about but this forum keeps telling me links are not allowed so I have to post this without the link .The video I’m talking about is titled “the uncomfortable subject of money and dating overseas”.

I still think the dream connections model is a good one and would still recommend dream connections to anyone considering a tour with them, but it is critical that guys be aware that most ladies will at some point start hinting or asking for financial support. Not 100% of them , but the vast majority. And if a guy is ok with that, and can accept that it’s just part of the culture, then great. But being in complete denial publicly about this , especially to your clients whom you should be caring for is very very disengenuous. I haven’t found that Mark directly lies about anything as many of you guys have said, but there is something almost as bad as directly lying which is lying by omission. He simply doesn’t talk to the guys about this financial support expectation that most of these ladies have. I’ve talked to a ton of guys on Facebook who were either on my tour or past tours and it was astounding to learn that this financial support expectation was the cause of relationship failure in most cases. Also, later on after the initial drama with Victoria settled , Mark finally changed his tune a bit and told me in person that it’s not a big deal that she is asking me for money and that it’s normal for Ukraine culture. But he doesn’t say that or talk about it at all in his videos. Other than this flaw, I still think dream connections is a good company and Mark seems to genuinely care about helping guys have success. And yes, Marks claim of a 80% success ratio is true but ONLY in terms of starting a relationship. Based on everything I can see, only about 10-20% of guys end up marrying someone from the tour. I’d guess about 1-2, maybe occasionally 3 guys out of the typical 20-24 guys in a tour. I’m still in touch on fb with most (but not all) of the guys on my tour and I have yet to see anyone who has gotten married at one year out. Even the guy who made a public proposal for marriage at my nov 2016 tour (Norman riches) ended up not getting married. I chat with him from time to time. I think she just backed out for some reason. BUT, still, some guys do find their wife on these tours which is why I still try to date over there. It can definitely happen but the numbers of success are small indeed. But yea, it does suck to feel you’ve been stabbed in the back by someone you thought was a friend and whom you’ve been such a fervent supporter of, and been an advocate for, and defended for many years. I feel like a fool now. There was no reason for banning me other than Mark just feels the whole ordeal was a bad experience from his perspective. Admittedly, there was a a lot of drama because of this issue. I honestly think this issue (that he avoids talking about) makes him very uncomfortable, hence , my ban, or maybe he’s afraid I would talk about my experience with the other guys on the tour. Either way, it wasn’t fair, that much I know. But there are plenty of other agencies and it only takes one girl so not all is lost. Oh , and Winston, I guess I’m over my but hurt about our fallout. I might post here from time to time again, we’ll see.

Hi Steve! Welcome back buddy. We missed you! Glad to hear from you again. If you want your old account back under steve55, let me know and I'll reset the password for you if you forgot it. Just PM me and let me know.

I hope all that has happened has woken you up to the facts and reality of it all. Like I told you before, we are your REAL friends here. We like YOU for YOU. We don't want your money here. I think I speak for most here when I say that. On the other hand, Mark is a businessman and salesman and pretended to be your friend or gave you the facade of being one, for your money. His actions prove that. Think about it. Reflect on this. Meditate on this and it will all be apparent. Hope you gain some wisdom from this.

Anyone can say they are your friend. But actions speak louder than words, as you know. I've never backstabbed you or any of my other friends. And I never betray my friends or work against them. I'm a man of honor Steve. I have a Medieval code of honor and Victorian values. Mark doesn't. He's just a salesman with similar ethics as used car salesman, only he's much more charismatic and skilled and polished, with a lovely bride on his arm.

It's true I have my character flaws too, such as being too outspoken or publicizing everything. But that's my personality Steve. If you had told me to keep something secret, I would not have betrayed that. You know me. But think about this rule: GOOD WORKS are done in the LIGHT. But bad works are done in the dark. So if I want to publicize something and Mark does not, that's a red flag and means he has something to hide. I don't. By being transparent it means I do not fear the light of justice or scrutiny, because I am a man of integrity who is true to himself, so what do I have to fear from others? Mark is not in that position. What does that tell you? Think about it.

Anyway, that being said, I do apologize to you for how we got into a fight and things blew up between us. But I still think it was wrong and premature for you to take Mark's side like that, especially since he wasn't your true friend while we were, especially me. What I did was nowhere near as unethical as what he did to you. I merely went public with something to put pressure on Mark. But I did not lie or deceive or backstab my friends.

Yes I agree that what Mark did to you was wrong and unfair. And he should suffer some public shame for it. And hopefully some shame in his heart as well, if he still has a heart and conscience. But let God and karma take care of that. The universe has a way of balancing things out. Unless he is special in God's eyes and has special blessings. Some people do, so you never know. Such people can get away with a few bad deeds once in a while.

I think you ought to expose all that has happened though. Perhaps update your review on SiteJabber.com to reflect what's really happened and how Mark mistreated you and deceived you and tried to cover it up. As long as its true, it will be justified.

Btw, how did Mark tell you that you were banned from his tour? How did he sugar coat it? What justification or reason did he give? Was it sugar coated really well? Did he also ban you from his online tribe or VIP group that I heard chats on some private message board on his site? Or his FB group?

You know, if I were running these romance tours, I'd never have banned you. Instead, I would have given you a FREE second tour. What would I have to lose? Think about it. You already pay your own airfare anyway. And the hotel is only 12 dollars a night, which is nothing. So I would have nothing to lose if I gave you a second FREE tour. It'd cost me nothing really. As your friend, I'd certainly do that, and maybe do that for all other clients who didn't meet their bride on the first tour. If a man gave me 5k, it'd only be right to do all I can, and all that's in my power, to help him succeed.

Anyway I hope you reflect on what I've said above. We all wish the best for you. We know you're a good guy deep down. So we want what's best for you and support you. I believe I speak for most of us here. Feel free to come back anytime you want and give us an update. We are always here for you. Just remember that your true friends here never backstabbed you, so you should appreciate and cherish that, since real friends are hard to find in this world. Everyone else out there just uses you. We don't. You should consider and appreciate that. And not betray your fellow bros that really care about you. Think about it.

So what's the next move for you now Steve? You gonna do more tours with AFA? Or just visit Ukraine by yourself? Or another country?

Best wishes and take care.

Your true friends,
Winston and the HA Forum Team

PS - Was this the video you were trying to post? If so, I'll just insert it into your post. It's by Mark where he talks about the subject of asking for money. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIoi79lFVUg
Check out my fun video clips in Russia and video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

See my HA Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Seeking Foreign Brides - Marriage Minded Only”