Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Dream Connections by Mark Davis - Is it Legit or a Scam? (Uncensored Open Discussion)

Discussion for marriage-minded members seeking foreign brides for marriage and serious long-term relationships.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Dream Connections by Mark Davis - Is it Legit or a Scam? (Uncensored Open Discussion)

Post by Winston » January 9th, 2018, 12:55 pm

gsjackson wrote:
January 9th, 2018, 12:04 pm
Just to be clear, since Winston is role playing a Kyrgyzstan who has never heard of the US, no public accommodation, which includes restaurants and most any other vendor of goods and services, can discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion or national origin. Go in barefoot and the restaurant can kick you out, but not for any of the aforementioned reasons..
Really? What if a forum says that only certain races are allowed but not others? Would that be legal? lol.

But anyway, Steve isn't disbarred from DC tours because of race or age or gender. It's because he's caused bad drama in the past due to being asked for money, and DC is afraid he will do it again and give the tour a bad image and lower the morale of the other clients. That's the problem. It's about Mark's reputation and image.

Here's what Mark says about your lady asking you for money. What do you think? It's kind of vague and doesn't address what to do if she asks you for monthly support. So Mark is doing his best to sugar coat it and avoid the tough questions it seems.

Check out my fun video clips in Russia and video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

See my HA Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

gsjackson
Veteran Poster

Re: Dream Connections by Mark Davis - Is it Legit or a Scam? (Uncensored Open Discussion)

Post by gsjackson » January 9th, 2018, 3:30 pm

Winston wrote:
January 9th, 2018, 12:55 pm
gsjackson wrote:
January 9th, 2018, 12:04 pm
Just to be clear, since Winston is role playing a Kyrgyzstan who has never heard of the US, no public accommodation, which includes restaurants and most any other vendor of goods and services, can discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion or national origin. Go in barefoot and the restaurant can kick you out, but not for any of the aforementioned reasons..
Really? What if a forum says that only certain races are allowed but not others? Would that be legal? lol.
Good question, since the internet has opened up a new world of "public accommodations." I'd think any vendor of goods and services doing business in the U.S. would be subject to the Civil Rights Act. Forums would probably be considered in the same category as private clubs.

I think Mark is a top-shelf salesman -- really very good. But on the evidence of several posts here he's not telling the truth about "hearts [being] in the right place" of many of the women they scare up, or about the degree of oversight they exercise. So an answer premised on what he says here is not compelling.

LFL
Freshman Poster

Post by LFL » January 9th, 2018, 5:14 pm

arrowstar wrote:
January 9th, 2018, 11:39 am
This is Steve, logging in with a newly created registration.

So as I said in my video, apparently I have been banned. I was shocked to see that considering I’ve been the biggest promoter and advocate of Mark’s company for years. I’ve been his biggest defender here at Happier abroad and put up a positive comparison video of DC vs Foreign affair for him. And I even had a big blow up with Winston because I didn’t like the way Winston pressured him in an open forum when he knew mark would be sensitive to public opinion over the referral fee issue. Although I considered Winston as a friend too, I didn’t like the way Winston was pressuring Mark by making it all public . I thought it wasn’t fair to Mark. In other words, I was defending someone “WHOM I CONSIDERED A FRIEND” . I have done absolutely nothing wrong or bad to Mark or his company so I was shocked when he told me I was banned. But like I said in my video, I know its related to the drama that took place between Victoria and I over the issue of her asking me for money. I can only guess that he is very sensitive to this issue and the whole thing has somehow made him tainted against me. But another reason could be that he is still mad at me for posting my story here at happier abroad. He was frantically distraught when winston mass messaged everyone in the Ukraine dating biz about my story. Mark called me and said “Steve, I would hope you consider me as your friend, and I’m sure you wouldn’t want to cause harm to your friends” etc etc . I had no idea my story was going to be so upsetting to him but winston’s spreading it all over the net seemed to have really set him off. As many of you recall, I even deleted my post for him. So perhaps he could still be upset about that. But my god, despite all that happened with Victoria, I never imagined he would turn against me over it. If she hasn’t asked me for financial support, none of this would have happened in the first place. Whatever the exact reason, it’s related to this drama with Victoria. There is nothing else it could be.

I’m going to put it bluntly , despite all this, I still think that overall Mark’s a good guy, but it was like a slap in the face to see him try to twist the truth by saying I simply misread the online interpretation log. That was a moment I needed his support and honesty but he was in total flat out denial of what happened.

I still think the dream connections model is a good one and would still recommend dream connections to anyone considering a tour with them, ... I haven’t found that Mark directly lies about anything as many of you guys have said, ... And yes, Marks claim of a 80% success ratio is true but ONLY in terms of starting a relationship. Based on everything I can see, only about 10-20% of guys end up marrying someone from the tour. I’d guess about 1-2, maybe occasionally 3 guys out of the typical 20-24 guys in a tour. ... But yea, it does suck to feel you’ve been stabbed in the back by someone you thought was a friend and whom you’ve been such a fervent supporter of, and been an advocate for, and defended for many years. I feel like a fool now. There was no reason for banning me other than Mark just feels the whole ordeal was a bad experience from his perspective. Admittedly, there was a a lot of drama because of this issue. I honestly think this issue (that he avoids talking about) makes him very uncomfortable, hence , my ban, or maybe he’s afraid I would talk about my experience with the other guys on the tour. Either way, it wasn’t fair, that much I know. But there are plenty of other agencies and it only takes one girl so not all is lost. Oh , and Winston, I guess I’m over my but hurt about our fallout. I might post here from time to time again, we’ll see.
So much meat in this post, I had to remove some to avoid wall of text. I have a few thoughts:

Steve, you were never Mark's friend. Making someone believe they are your friend is one way to manipulate them, which he showed when he gave you the line about hoping you consider him a friend and that you don't want to hurt your friends ...

You still believe in DC because of that 80% success rate, huh ? You seem convinced now that it is common for the woman to expect $$ after the tour is over, yet you still think 80% of the "relationships" started on the tour are legit ? Put two and two together, man.

I don't want to waste too much more time here, but I definitely want to address one last glaring point: I bolded the relevant part above. You haven't found that Mark directly lies ... Really ?? Are your eyes open ? Have you even read any of my posts ? He gets women from local agencies. With all the time and energy you devote to this, you have never checked this ? Others have in this thread, but not you . FFS, stop recommending tours before you have taken them and when you have willfully neglected to do your own research, which is as easy as following breadcrumbs left in this thread.

edit: One more thing:

This bit about Mark didn't teach me how to handle money requests. Man up. That goes for all DC zealots. You believe everything Mark preaches and ONLY what Mark preaches, without objective verification. Wake up. Ukrainian women aren't attracted to wusses, which is what you are if you need Mark to tell you everything and automatically dismiss any negative about him.

watts
Freshman Poster

Post by watts » January 9th, 2018, 7:04 pm

Winston wrote:
January 8th, 2018, 10:48 pm
Here's the video by Veronika Olson that Steve referenced, where she explained why a Ukrainian woman asking you for money doesn't automatically mean she's a scammer.

That video is beyond STUPID and have nothing to do with REALITY!!
Most things Veronica says in her videos are so wrong and not how GOOD women behave.
She is the typical gold digger Kiev girl all men should avoid.
She had a video telling men a fur coat is a good gift on a third date. Do you know how much a fur coat cost??
Like several YEARS salary for most Ukrainians. So to put it in to US terms. A third date gift worth 120k USD :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Im not big fan of Olga but what she talks about in this video is spot on and Veronica fits right in to it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8_9zN7qjx4

If you fish in a lake full of Gold(diggers)Fish this is what you get.

To throw money on women for no reason is not at all part of Ukrainian Culture unless you are a gold digger dating corrupt politicians or other scumbags.
Show me all the Ukrainian families with a wife spending all her money on spa treatments and other shit expecting the man to pay for everything like Veronica says and I will show you a unicorn ridden by bigfoot.
Unless a couple have decided the woman should stay home with the kids and the man work they will both work hard to take care of the family TOGETHER. If the man want a housewife of course he will pay for everything since he is the only one with an income. That is very different than Veronicas BS about women being spoiled crazy for no reason. I guess that is HER dream life but not a reality to normal sane women.

watts
Freshman Poster

Re: Dream Connections and Mark Davis - Uncensored Discussion

Post by watts » January 9th, 2018, 7:07 pm

LFL wrote:
January 9th, 2018, 12:19 am
LFL wrote:
November 12th, 2017, 4:01 pm
DC ABSOLUTELY looks out for the women more than the men. Without question.

IMO, Mark's "screening" of clients falls into one of two scenarios:

1. Someone who asks many questions to verify Mark's claims, rather than just accepting Mark's word is one type. The skeptical. Because if this type goes on a tour, he is the type to provide negative feedback and see through the BS. Let's be honest here. Many (not all) guys who take this route in their lives tend to have higher levels of naivete and desperation and have limited hope. These are exactly the characteristics that DC preys upon. People who trust Mark's word, often immediately dismissing evidence to the contrary, because they are so desperate for Mark's words to be true, because they feel DC is their only hope. I felt this way. I didn't even know how to evaluate his claims. I saw the videos and believed. Only after my experience did my eyes open to the reality of the situation. In the beginning, I was exactly the type of client DC sought because I bought in hook, line, and sinker. If I had approached him with some of the questions that I have discussed in this thread, I certainly would have been screened out.

2. The second category is those who hurt the DC image. These are your repeat customers. Usually, a business loves repeat business, but not when you preach successful strategies. Mark has told men who have taken 2 tours (perhaps not all that have taken 2 tours) that he can't help them. He may have left the door open for Individual Quests Tours, which have no publicity, but seeing the same guys in multiple tours is not a selling point. Also, the women's perception of a man is important. Mark "trains" the clients on how to dress and act, etc. He markets this as a selling point and service for the guy, but it's really to prevent the women who "date" these guys from being embarrassed by being with them in public. Again, keeping the women happy is critical to the business. Guys who present themselves in such a way to be embarrassing to the women in public will be taken "shopping" by their translator.

I don't know if I have said this before, but the DC business is all about income for Mark and Anna, income and status for Anna's family in Ukraine. Mark is a king in Nikolaev because they know he brings rich foreigners to shop, eat in their restaurants, etc. Here is another point. DC translators are absolutely dependent and loyal to DC, not because of the little money DC pays them for the week, but because their clients are a new source of income because often the men make repeat trips and continue to use the translator. Translators don't do this work for the week's pay, 5 times a year, they do it for the introduction to rich foreigners. The foreign men are nothing more than an income source to all these people, including DC.
Not one to toot my own horn, but apparently I am one to quote my own post. Steve Neese blacklisted ? Nah, he's simply "screened", as I described above. Potential clients who seem skeptical or likely to be repeat failures are screened out. Simple as that. Don't be surprised if you see the lady who asked for money at future events.

She have already been back!!!! DC have open arms for their super special screened good girls :shock: :shock: :shock:

arrowstar
Freshman Poster

Post by arrowstar » January 9th, 2018, 11:03 pm

I think you are right Winston. I mean, I never got upset at Mark (at least didnt express it), never criticized anything (till now of course), I got along well with the other guys. The only explanation I can think of what you have written Winston. Nothing else makes sense. I know one thing for sure, he is really paranoid about this issue getting out. And I think mark should just come clean about this issue and let the guys decide if they are ok with that. Its just part of the culture, it doesnt necessarily mean she is using you. But considering that so many guys end up in relationship failure DUE TO THIS ONE REASON, and he isnt telling them about this financial support issue ahead of time, it does seem kind of unethical but then again, I understand its probably not in his best interest to talk about it. Im the one that got burned with this issue (though it wasnt the reason why she and I didnt work out but it was the cause of all the intense drama) , yet somehow Im the victim in this? This is crazy.

arrowstar
Freshman Poster

Post by arrowstar » January 10th, 2018, 2:41 am

Yes she is still going on tours and deep down she seems like a nice girl but she is very demanding about her man having to financially support her right from the start. And keep in mind that Mark doesn’t see it as a bad thing if the ladies are asking for support. He just doesn’t talk about this aspect of it in his videos. So if he doesn’t see anything wrong with it, why would he want to ban her?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » January 10th, 2018, 8:57 am

A comment from our facebook group on these recent updates.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/happier ... 427821414/

"They cant ban ladies asking for money because 80% would get banned :) If you swim in a cesspool you get dirty. But there is a sucker born every minute so they will not run out of lonely looooosers. They must protect the cesspool of pro daters they have so they can dip new men in it for 5k a dip :)"
Check out my fun video clips in Russia and video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » January 10th, 2018, 9:06 am

@watts what do you mean? Veronika olson didnt say you should give any woman expensive gifts like a fur coat. She said to make sure you have a genuine relationship first and make sure shes the one before helping her with money. She said to follow your intuition and see if it feels right. If you dont feel generous then it means shes not the right person and could be using you. Perhaps you didnt listen to her carefully. Did you watch the video i posted from her?

I saw some of her videos and she seems to try to protect us men too. Shes not pro scam at all and doesnt endorse gold digging. That's why steve @arrowstar even gave a positive testimonial and endorsement for her videos. See below.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » January 10th, 2018, 10:38 am

Another video from veronika olson about the issue of financial help and Ukraine ladies. What do you think?

How does this lady veronika make money? Does she give paid consultations? Or she makes money from YouTube ads? Does she even have a site or blog? @arrowstar how much did she charge to help you sort things out with your girl?

Is veronika in the US because shes married to an american? Is that why her last name is olson?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » January 10th, 2018, 12:02 pm

I just sent this letter to Veronika Olson to invite here to the forum:

"Hi Veronika,
Privet, my name is Winston. I'm a friend of Steve Neese. He said you helped him resolve some issues with his Ukraine lady. I am owner of a global dating and expat site called HappierAbroad.com. We have been talking about you in our forum lately. You are welcome to come to my forum and promote your videos and whatever services you have. See the link below.

I was also wondering. How do you make money from YouTube? From ads or do you charge for consultation? Just curious. Btw I was on Russia National TV news in 2004. I put up the clip of it on YouTube recently. Can you watch it and tell me what it said about me? Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvLVFsOaGD0

Btw here's the forum thread where we are discussing you and Steve and Dream Connections: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=9751&start=1365

Are you planning to start an agency or dating site? Have you done any videos about romance tours yet, like AFA or Dream Connections?

Why are you in the US? Are you married to a man there? Btw ti ochen kraseevaya. :)

Thanks for your attention.

Best Regards,
Winston"

TruthSeeker
Freshman Poster

Post by TruthSeeker » January 10th, 2018, 6:48 pm

Steve, you are wondering what the reason is that Mark banned you. The real reason is that your tour price would have been $4950. As a repeat customer you would have been entitled to a $300 discount. Winston would have also demanded his $500 commission because Mark promised him this for each subsequent DC tour you take. So that would have brought your tour price down to $4150. Plus you create a lot of drama before, during and after the tour. So just not worth it for Mark.

Winston would have demanded his commission to the point of disrupting Mark's business. So Mark made a business decision not to take you again as a client. It's that simple.

Add to that the negative articles Winston has been writing about Mark and his business on this site, Mark did not feel much like paying him another commission.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » January 10th, 2018, 7:15 pm

arrowstar wrote:
January 9th, 2018, 11:03 pm
I think you are right Winston. I mean, I never got upset at Mark (at least didnt express it), never criticized anything (till now of course), I got along well with the other guys. The only explanation I can think of what you have written Winston. Nothing else makes sense. I know one thing for sure, he is really paranoid about this issue getting out. And I think mark should just come clean about this issue and let the guys decide if they are ok with that. Its just part of the culture, it doesnt necessarily mean she is using you. But considering that so many guys end up in relationship failure DUE TO THIS ONE REASON, and he isnt telling them about this financial support issue ahead of time, it does seem kind of unethical but then again, I understand its probably not in his best interest to talk about it. Im the one that got burned with this issue (though it wasnt the reason why she and I didnt work out but it was the cause of all the intense drama) , yet somehow Im the victim in this? This is crazy.

Yes she is still going on tours and deep down she seems like a nice girl but she is very demanding about her man having to financially support her right from the start. And keep in mind that Mark doesn’t see it as a bad thing if the ladies are asking for support. He just doesn’t talk about this aspect of it in his videos. So if he doesn’t see anything wrong with it, why would he want to ban her?
Well I hope I've helped you see the light. :) Btw I don't think Ukraine or Russia has any fixed customs or culture. It's kind of on a need by need basis. If they need money they will try to get it somehow. If they don't, then it won't be much of an issue. For example, in Russian custom, the bride's family is supposed to pay for the wedding. But if we married a Russian woman, I'm sure they would change this custom and ask us to pay for the wedding, because they think we have more money than them. lol. See how that works? Thus their actions are situational based. Not on fixed customs.

Also consider that if Mark was really your friend, he would have given you a discount. Friends usually give discounts to each other when they buy each other's products and services. For example if I know the owner of a Chinese restaurant and I go there, he usually gives me a 10 percent discount on the bill, even if I only know him casually like an acquaintance. And if it's a close friend or best friend, I'd give them bigger discounts or make it free. If my best friend wanted to go on a romance tour and I was running one, I'd give him either half off or free.

Btw, if you read the horror stories about DC on site jabber, you find that one of the guys got to go on a DC tour for free, because he worked for a TV studio and Mark was hoping they'd do a TV reality show based on DC. You see how that works? Mark only gives free tours to people that may be useful to him and market him. Not to his friends. He's all business.

I am not all business of course. I don't even believe in the system and I hate materialism and consumerism. So I can easily afford to put friendship first, over business.

So what reason did Mark give you for why he banned you from future tours? How did he sugar coat it? lol. What did he say exactly?

I don't think it's wise for him to ban you though. Because by banning you, he risks you getting angry and talking about it on forums and YouTube, which could hurt his reputation further. So it wasn't even a good tactical move on his part. If I were Mark, I would just let you go on another tour, either free or half off, since he doesn't pay your airfare anyway and would have nothing to lose, and do so on the condition that you don't publicize your experiences anymore and keep everything that happens confidential. That way he could keep you happy and not risk anymore bad publicity, thus hitting two birds with one stone. But I guess Mark doesn't think that strategically.

Btw you said you're in touch with most of the guys on your tour. Have you told them about this forum thread? Maybe you can ask them to come to this thread and weigh in?

So what's next for you Steve? Any plans?

Btw you can try posting a profile on my co-brand dating site and seeing if any women write you. See the link below. I wish I could give you a free membership account but I don't own the site. It's one of those monthly fee sites anyway and not very expensive.

http://dating.happierabroad.com

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » January 10th, 2018, 7:25 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:
January 10th, 2018, 6:48 pm
Steve, you are wondering what the reason is that Mark banned you. The real reason is that your tour price would have been $4950. As a repeat customer you would have been entitled to a $300 discount. Winston would have also demanded his $500 commission because Mark promised him this for each subsequent DC tour you take. So that would have brought your tour price down to $4150. Plus you create a lot of drama before, during and after the tour. So just not worth it for Mark.

Winston would have demanded his commission to the point of disrupting Mark's business. So Mark made a business decision not to take you again as a client. It's that simple.

Add to that the negative articles Winston has been writing about Mark and his business on this site, Mark did not feel much like paying him another commission.
Don't you mean he gets a $500 discount? I remember repeat clients get 10 percent off or something. But even if Mark gave Steve that discount and paid my referral fee of $500 again, he'd still get $4000. Isn't that a lot better than zero? I don't get it. Especially since Mark doesn't even pay airfare. So what does Mark have to lose? The $12 a night hotel is nothing and any client would be glad to bear it.

Plus Mark could give him another tour on the condition that he say nothing about it this time and promise confidentiality. That's what I would have done. Or given Steve half off. I guess Mark is not good at bargaining or negotiation. It's either his way or no way I heard. If I were him, I would have sought a win win situation. Now he risks Steve posting here and on YouTube more drama, especially about being banned, that would look Mark look even worse. So it was a bad tactical decision on his part. Wise men usually seek win win solutions.

Well Mark if you are listening, I'm willing to forfeit the $500 fee you promised me if Steve goes on a second tour, if you will release the ban on him, if that's an issue. I don't mind. That way, you can just give Steve the 10 percent discount and give me nothing. Let Mark know that Steve, if that's an issue.

TruthSeeker
Freshman Poster

Post by TruthSeeker » January 10th, 2018, 7:38 pm

http://www.dreamconnections.com/quest/ukraine/index.php
Alumni Tour Discount

If you have participated as a full-price paid customer on a previous Quest Tour or Individual Quest Tour you will be eligible for a $300 discount on any subsequent trips you would like to take with Dream Connections.
http://www.dreamconnections.com/affiliates
Description of Affiliate Marketer Program Payout Amounts

Program or Product Payout Amount
Romance Tours 10% ($495 to $1,500, depending upon tour type.)