Dang, so hot and humid here in the Philippines right now! rainy/thunderstorms

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Horahngee
Freshman Poster

Dang, so hot and humid here in the Philippines right now! rainy/thunderstorms

Post by Horahngee »

The last time I was here in the Philippines was back in January of this year. It was hot and sunny during that time period.

Still hot here, but dayum! The humidity is soooooo high. I feel like I am in a damn sauna right now!

I thought my homestate, Hawaii's humidity was so bad.

Everytime I went back home to visit my folks in Hawaii, I would literally have sweat dripping from my forearm while standing up and browsing on my smart phone.

Here in the Philippines, I am just sitting in the living room and need the electrical fan constantly blowing at me to prevent my shirt from getting soaked with my sweat.

The good side is that I think the humidity here is increasing my metabolism and I think I lost a few pounds here.

Unlike where I currently live (in Washington State) where the air is dry, and many times, I feel bloated because I think my metabolism is slowed down by the cooler weather in the Puget Sound area (no wonder there are plenty of fat obese girls in western Washington....LOOOL!!!!)

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: dang, so hot and humid here in the Philippines right now! rainy/thunderstorms

Post by Winston »

I know what you mean. You constantly have to deal with heat and humidity and sweat in the Philippines. That's why I go to the mall a lot where there is aircon. Or stay in hotel rooms or restaurants. I also used to live in Washington too. It's beautiful there with great crisp fresh air and cold air. But the women there are fat and feminist and don't like to flirt at all.

Where abouts in the Philippines are you at? Where in Washington are you from?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Re: dang, so hot and humid here in the Philippines right now! rainy/thunderstorms

Post by Zambales »

January tends to be the coolest month in the Philippines (if you can call it that) and May the hottest. I've actually felt cold on one occasion in the Phils.
Was at the wrong end of Puka Beach in Boracay and the heavens opened and I got drenched. I was sheltering for about five minutes and the wind picked up making me feel cold. In hindsight, I should have stayed in the water.

The heat is more bearable near the coast due to the breeze. In a city such as Manila, if I walk for longer than ten minutes I'm soaked in sweat.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I thought Boracay was closed due to sewage repair? Its open again already? Yeah i dont know how anyone can live in Manila. Rock and publicduende live there.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Winston wrote:
June 22nd, 2018, 2:39 am
I thought Boracay was closed due to sewage repair? Its open again already? Yeah i dont know how anyone can live in Manila. Rock and publicduende live there.
It is closed. I went in 2012.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Zhejiang Province and Shanghai is getting hammered by a lot of rain right now, and it's really humid as well.

Teaching in a hot and humid classroom with just fans for cooling has put me off teaching in Southern China lol.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Horahngee
Freshman Poster

Post by Horahngee »

Winston wrote:
June 21st, 2018, 10:20 pm
I know what you mean. You constantly have to deal with heat and humidity and sweat in the Philippines.
I was here in the northern parts of the Philippines where my fiancé lives, ...back in January of this year. yes, it was sunny and hot during the day time at that time of the year. But I don't recall it being soo effing humid like a sauna during that month.

I come back to the Philippines now....and boy,....I have to shower twice a day! Heck, even after I take a shower, I am already sweating!

I have noticed the weather trend for June. It is very nice and sunny during the morning and noon time hours. But around 2-4 PM is when the clouds start to darken, and I can hear thunder rumbling in the distance. Then comes the down pour of rain at 4PM-5PM.

On Friday night, it started to rain really hard up here, along with the loud claps of thunder and lightning. So scary!

We lost electrical power that night. Talk about hell. I had to sleep in the room of my fiancé's house without air conditioner on, and the air was hot and humid during the night! Not to mention I left the window open to let air in. Unfortunately, there is a small hole in the screen window. That allowed a shitload of mosquitoes to get into my room. I kept waking up every hour because my legs were itching like hell!
That's why I go to the mall a lot where there is aircon. Or stay in hotel rooms or restaurants.
[/quote]

There are no malls nearby this area.

You must be living in Manila area, or somewhere near Manila. Because as far as I know, my fiancé and I have to catch a bus to get to the nearest shopping mall in San Fernando City.

I am up here in Illocos Sur province right now.
I also used to live in Washington too. It's beautiful there with great crisp fresh air and cold air. But the women there are fat and feminist and don't like to flirt at all.

Where in Washington are you from?
I hate the cold mornings ....even right now in June....back in Washington. Yes, I have to turn my heater on in the early morning hours....even in June....because it gets down into the 50s, and I don't know about you, but I feel chilly and end up turning on the shitty old-fashioned wall heater to keep me warm.

I am living in the shit hole parts of Seattle.....Puyallup.

It is a small red-neck like town 38 miles south of Seattle.

if you're not a white guy, or even a black guy, Puyallup is a f***ing dump.

I don't know where in Seattle you have lived in. Although Puyallup is in Pierce County, to me, I still consider it part of metro Seattle area (right?).

The good part is that the Korean stores are located in Lakewood/South tacoma area,....so I go shopping there a lot for Korean vegetables and Kimchee. LOL! I just passed by Bauang city in La Union province yesterday, and their city hall sign said that they are sister cities with Lakewood, Washington. Hehehehe!!

I will be moving up to Bellevue in mid July. I am highly looking forward to moving to Bellevue. There are a lot more East Asians and Indians living there, so I feel more comfortable.

I hope my Filipina fiance does not get cultural shock when she moves to Bellevue if she ends up coming to the US. Hahahahahaha!!!
Horahngee
Freshman Poster

Post by Horahngee »

Zambales wrote:
June 22nd, 2018, 12:35 am
January tends to be the coolest month in the Philippines (if you can call it that) and May the hottest.
LOL! So funny how you brought up that May is the hottest month of the year. Because my fiancé pointed out to me that "April and May" are considered the summer months here in the Philippines. June and July and August....although it is considered summer months in the US,...it is considered the "Rainy season" here in the Philippines.
I've actually felt cold on one occasion in the Phils.
I don't know if you have heard of Baguio. But that city is elevated on a mountain and is cooler than the other parts of the Philippines.

I like the landscape of Baguio because there are a lot of Pine Trees there. Kind of reminds me of the landscape of Korea. My fiancé and her father joked to me that is the reason why there is a good handful of Koreans living in Baguio. :lol:
The heat is more bearable near the coast due to the breeze. In a city such as Manila, if I walk for longer than ten minutes I'm soaked in sweat.
We are supposedly near the ocean,....but a good 20 minute drive inland. I am also in northern Philippines (Illocos provinces) where my fiance and her family lives.

I would love to live in Manila. The tall buildings and the city layout remind me of Seoul, S. Korea. However, for my fiance who grew up in the countryside, she does not like the lifestyle of Manila. She told me that people in Manila are not friendly, rude, and people drive like maniacs (although my soon-to-be father-in-law, also weaves in and out of traffic, by-passing slower driving vehicles on the single-lane each way, highway up here - The MacArthur Highway). Very similar to the locals of New York City or Los Angeles.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Dang, so hot and humid here in the Philippines right now! rainy/thunderstorms

Post by Taco »

Philippines is the hotter than hell. However, the main problem is you can't stop sweating which will give you many different vitamin deficiencies. You won't be able to think straight and you'll feel weird. I eat raw eggs before I go to bed at night this gives me the vitamins I need to function normally.

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico gets to 28C during the day but it cools down to 18C at night. Everything in Mexico is better than the Philippines except the women.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Horahngee wrote:
June 23rd, 2018, 11:00 pm
Zambales wrote:
June 22nd, 2018, 12:35 am
January tends to be the coolest month in the Philippines (if you can call it that) and May the hottest.
LOL! So funny how you brought up that May is the hottest month of the year. Because my fiancé pointed out to me that "April and May" are considered the summer months here in the Philippines. June and July and August....although it is considered summer months in the US,...it is considered the "Rainy season" here in the Philippines.
I've actually felt cold on one occasion in the Phils.
I don't know if you have heard of Baguio. But that city is elevated on a mountain and is cooler than the other parts of the Philippines.

I like the landscape of Baguio because there are a lot of Pine Trees there. Kind of reminds me of the landscape of Korea. My fiancé and her father joked to me that is the reason why there is a good handful of Koreans living in Baguio. :lol:
We are supposedly near the ocean,....but a good 20 minute drive inland. I am also in northern Philippines (Illocos provinces) where my fiance and her family lives.

I would love to live in Manila. The tall buildings and the city layout remind me of Seoul, S. Korea. However, for my fiance who grew up in the countryside, she does not like the lifestyle of Manila. She told me that people in Manila are not friendly, rude, and people drive like maniacs (although my soon-to-be father-in-law, also weaves in and out of traffic, by-passing slower driving vehicles on the single-lane each way, highway up here - The MacArthur Highway). Very similar to the locals of New York City or Los Angeles.
Baguio has a serious amount of precipitation during the rainy season. It's moniker is the Summer Capital of the Philippines due it's temperature being cooler than the national average. In January because of it's mountainous location, frost appears and I even think snow has been seen in these parts too.

For me Manila's OK for a few days. The chaos and the fumes take their toll after that.

I've been to the Ilocos Region but only as far north as Pangasinan. There's a number of worthwhile attractions up there such as Vigan, La Paz Sand Dunes, Bangui Windmills, Sinking Bell Tower, Paoay Lake and the beaches in Pagudpud. It's also the area where Ferdinand Marcos hails from and there's a museum or two and also his former residence that allows visitors.
Horahngee
Freshman Poster

Re: Dang, so hot and humid here in the Philippines right now! rainy/thunderstorms

Post by Horahngee »

Taco wrote:
June 24th, 2018, 3:37 pm
Philippines is the hotter than hell. However, the main problem is you can't stop sweating which will give you many different vitamin deficiencies. You won't be able to think straight and you'll feel weird. I eat raw eggs before I go to bed at night this gives me the vitamins I need to function normally.

Yeah, I was in the Philippines two weeks ago, came back to the states five days ago.

The humidity was crazy! What's worse was that there were occasional black outs, lack of electricity, from the thunderstorms that rolled into town during the afternoon hours.

I will NEVER forget two Friday nights ago during time I stayed at my ex-fiancé's house. No electricity for the entire night, so I could not use my ex-fiance's room airconditioner. I had to open the window, use the screen window to let air in. I did not know the screen window had a half-dollar size hole. This allowed TONS of mosquitoes to come into the room and a lot of the mosquitoes bit me all over my ankles, both foot, calf area, knees, etc.
Now look at my left medial calf area....all kinds of red spots! Looks like I have chicken pox or some nasty shit! I am planning on going to urgent care tomorrow.
Horahngee
Freshman Poster

Post by Horahngee »

Zambales wrote:
June 24th, 2018, 3:53 pm

Baguio has a serious amount of precipitation during the rainy season. It's moniker is the Summer Capital of the Philippines due it's temperature being cooler than the national average. In January because of it's mountainous location, frost appears and I even think snow has been seen in these parts too.

For me Manila's OK for a few days. The chaos and the fumes take their toll after that.

I've been to the Ilocos Region but only as far north as Pangasinan. There's a number of worthwhile attractions up there such as Vigan, La Paz Sand Dunes, Bangui Windmills, Sinking Bell Tower, Paoay Lake and the beaches in Pagudpud. It's also the area where Ferdinand Marcos hails from and there's a museum or two and also his former residence that allows visitors.
Baguio is awesome. It is on a mountain top region, so back in January when I last visited my ex-fiance and took a tour of the strawberry farms there,....it was slightly cool. JUst like San Francisco bay area.

The pine trees in Baguio reminds me of Korea.

Manila area. Bleh. It reminds me of Seoul and New York City. Crazy traffic, rude drivers, dirty air from all the vehicles stuck in traffic, and the lax laws/regulation on vehicle emission in the Philippines.

I would not mind living in Manila city area. But only for at most, three years. Other than that, I would move the heck out of Manila after three years.

The only attraction I have visited in Illocos sur is Vigan and the Bantay Bell Tower.