Filipinos cannot progress...

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

I agree with George Carlin who said, "If I don't vote, I have every right to complain about the asshole you put in office, which I had nothing to do with!"
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

George Carlin was the man

Post by ErikHeaven »

They have a video on youtube with him talking about how rigged the American voting system is. How do you put videos in your posts?
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

Terrence wrote:I agree with George Carlin who said, "If I don't vote, I have every right to complain about the asshole you put in office, which I had nothing to do with!"
That's a good point
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

That site is funny. Apparently, Filipino writers are on it criticizing their own country and being truthful about its faults. I admire such guts. You guys should check out the other articles and posts on it.

http://www.getrealphilippines.com
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Re: Filipinos cannot progress...

Post by globetrotter »

Mr S wrote:http://getrealphilippines.com/blog/2011 ... uidelines/

Filipinos cannot progress if they cannot follow even simple guidelines

A noted blog commentator once made an assertion that the Philippines will never be a great nation unless Filipinos learn to live by the principle of the “rule of law�. Indeed, some people even insist that none of the calls by certain sectors of Philippine society for a system change like a shift from a Presidential to a Parliamentary system or even constitutional amendments will work to uplift the status of the nation because Filipinos simply cannot follow the “rule of law.�
This is just an American or Westerner projecting his values on to others.

China barely has the rule of law, they are just crazy in how they do things, and they are so rich it boggles the mind.

Same thing was said about the Chinese from 1850 to 2000.

Wrong.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

ErikHeaven wrote:No biggie im just telling you this country is lost man. Your vote dont mean shit. I hate it when Puff Daddy and all these clowns tell you to vote. For what and for whom?
Your only voting for white supremacy to win, white corporate supremacy to win.
Yeah, look how well that is working out for whites in America. Screwed just like everyone else.
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Post by ErikHeaven »

The only whites that are making it are bankers yet the poor whites keep voting in the elitists who would never share a meal with them. Even many white Americans are just plain dumb. Dumb for voting in Bush, Dumb for voting in Obama.
The Harvard and Yale crowd cares nothing about the poor whites or anybody else in America.
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Post by ErikHeaven »

Clinton was a clown too. I want to slap the shit out of the black idiots who say with pride that Blinky Bill Clinton was the first black president.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

It is also important to note that when you talk about the Jew supremacy, that the Jewish elite does not care for the poorer Jews or anyone below a doctor/lawyer category. Some 20% of Jews live below poverty level in the USA.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

ladislav wrote:It is also important to note that when you talk about the Jew supremacy, that the Jewish elite does not care for the poorer Jews or anyone below a doctor/lawyer category. Some 20% of Jews live below poverty level in the USA.
There's always a lot of talk about white/black/Jewish/Hispanic/etc issues in the US and who has the power, and who's lording it over whom. But, the ULTIMATE trump card in the US is wealth and power. In the final analysis, it doesn't matter what race you are. If you're rich, you're in the "in" crowd. If you're not, you're part of the "stepped upon". The race-baiting is a hoax foisted on the American people by the politicians and the rich to keep us squirming around in confusion, whilst they do what they want to the country. The idiots in the press just play along with them, licking the boots of the wealthy, hoping for scraps from their table. After all, the press is the propaganda arm the rich, used to keep the rest of us under their control.
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Your right

Post by ErikHeaven »

It is all about the rich not about race.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

ladislav wrote:It is also important to note that when you talk about the Jew supremacy, that the Jewish elite does not care for the poorer Jews or anyone below a doctor/lawyer category. Some 20% of Jews live below poverty level in the USA.
Where did you get that stat from? Sounds surprising given that just 14% of general US population lived below poverty line in 2009, one of the worst years in recent history. And according to every study or estimate I've seen, average household income for Jewish families is substantially higher than the US average and percentage of low income or poverty level Jews is a lot lower than US average.

Also, around half of the Jewish American households earned over US$100K last year compared to under 20% for general US population.
TRADER1972
Freshman Poster

Re: George Carlin was the man

Post by TRADER1972 »

ErikHeaven wrote:They have a video on youtube with him talking about how rigged the American voting system is. How do you put videos in your posts?

No doubt

GEORGE CARLIN WAS THE MAN.

He told it like it was and made me laugh my ass off. Ive got all his shows and audiobooks.

He always talked about how stupid Americans are.

Also how the rich "don't give a f**k about you."

Also he talked about the red-white-and blue dick being shoved in our ass.

He said most Americans are "willfully ignorant."

DAMN STRAIGHT.
lovesong
Freshman Poster

Regarding topic

Post by lovesong »

Interesting points about the Philippines. As an American who is of Filipino descent, I also have many criticisms of the the Philippine government with all the corruption. Growing up, I often wondered, why the Philippines was so poor while countries nearby like Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan and China were doing so well economically. But I think a big part of it comes down to the history of last 200 years and how it's affected the psychology of most of the people. In fact, I would say that the psychology of the Philippines relates to Winston and many others on this very forum. Please allow me to explain:

From my limited knowledge of the history (sad, I know), the Philippines was colonized by Spain during the 1500s, similar to Mexico. During the late 1800s, there was a revolution against Spain with the help of the US. Sadly, what was supposed to have been independence for the Philippines ended up being the U.S. taking over the Philippines against the people's will. Apparently there was one battle where Spain was going to lose and it would have been embarrassing to surrender to the Philippines, so instead surrendered to the U.S. and handed control over. The Philippines was the first entry into Asia by the U.S. Even Mark Twain commented that the American Flag's white stripes should be changed to black and the stars replaced by a skull and cross bones. TIn the movie, Citizen Kane, the main character was loosely based on William Randolph Hurst, a wealthy newspaper magnate who was in favor of occupying the Philippines as he felt it was American's right to have land in Asia. Then during WWII, Japan invaded the Philippines a few hours after Pearl Harbor and occupied the country until the end of the war.

Whew! Okay, sorry, didn't mean to get so much into the history buut.. If you look at the history, can you not see how the events could only lead to a colonial mentality with little sense of national pride which is only counter productive to becoming an efficient, unified and ultimately an economically strong country. For those of you who have ever lived in Japan, I will bet that you've heard "We are Japanese" and how "we Japanese do things a certain way" and while it may add to xenophobia, it explains why shit made in Japan is generally of good quality. They're proud to be Japanese and they take pride in how they're represented. They've had strong role models ala Emperors, Samurai, etc. The US from it's very origins has been a strong, independent country with core values ala The Declaration of Independence, George Washington, Abe Lincoln. England, France, Germany have all had heroes and a sense of nationalism. China, while many Northerners continue to have a condescending attitude of the South, still maintain a sense of pride. Mao, Confucius. Who can the Philippines look to as a hero? Pacquiao, the boxer?? Shit, he may be a good boxer but would any of you consider Mike Tyson to be Obama? (nuff said) You had Jose Rizal in the late 1800s who was outspoken against the lies told by the church and Spanish government who was killed. Add to that, Brain Drain, where many educated professionals will often try to leave the country to earn more money abroad. And of course, the continued corruption by elected officials.

Soooo to summarize, if you don't feel good about yourself and the culture in which you live in, and don't have many opportunities, how can you possibly get laid, get a gf, or get married? Same goes for a countries' economic success. Unless a country and the individuals in the country have a strong sense of self, pride in who they are and their nation, it can only lead to an under-performer which does not believe in itself.
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Lovesong

Post by ErikHeaven »

Wow your post was deep and its good to get back on topic. I guess what you are basically saying is that pilipino people feal defeated?
And if they do it will take a lot of time to help them to heal and get back to normal. When i talk to my friends in Manilla or Cebu they tell me "The country is corrupt and there is nothing you can do about it".
I hope they regain their sense of independence soon and the will to demand better.