Locked Up Abroad: Forbidden Love

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
MarkDY
Freshman Poster

Locked Up Abroad: Forbidden Love

Post by MarkDY »

British man David Scott meets Cynthia, a Filipino woman, on the internet and a whirlwind romance begins. After a holiday together in the Philippines, she becomes pregnant. But their joy turns to despair when Cynthia's estranged husband uses the Philippines' adultery laws to have them thrown in jail. The couple faces up to 14 years in prison; worse still, under Filipino law, their baby legally belongs to her ex-husband.

Read more: http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/s ... z1POwyk8hG
barlog
Freshman Poster

Post by barlog »

Where's the link big homie?
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

You guys keep f***ing with the Philippines.

Just learn another fuckin' language, and go to a place that is less backwards than the Philippines.

I think some of you guys on here are obsessed with the submission of Pinays and their petite bodies and that English is already a national language there.

Like seriously, there are other countries where the women are hot, petite, and you just are going to have to learn their language.

Damn, guys. Really now.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Kapinga626
Freshman Poster

Post by Kapinga626 »

Saw it last night .
This Filipina is legally married to a Filipino guy . She wants out , but can't get a divorce , and has not yet filed for annulment . No matter , she goes online and attracts the attention of a lonely English lad , who promptly flies over and has an affair with her .

She gets pregnant , the husband is furious , and in the end , she abandons her two previous children in the P.I. to go to England to be with desparate English guy , and their new bastard child .

This woman was horrible , English guy - almost as bad .
No sympathy here , I can't stand cheats & thieves .
" I rang'd the world , I cross'd the seas,
in hopes my restless breast to ease,
By pleasures yet unknown :

To all amusements I have run ,
that's found beneath the daily sun;
Till weary I have grown . "

- Samuel Patterson a poor , lowly sailor circa 1800's
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

E_Irizarry wrote:You guys keep f***ing with the Philippines.

Just learn another fuckin' language, and go to a place that is less backwards than the Philippines.

I think some of you guys on here are obsessed with the submission of Pinays and their petite bodies and that English is already a national language there.

Like seriously, there are other countries where the women are hot, petite, and you just are going to have to learn their language.

Damn, guys. Really now.
Other languages are the devil's work.

Everywhere else is are country too.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

odbo wrote:
E_Irizarry wrote:You guys keep f***ing with the Philippines.

Damn, guys. Really now.
Other languages are the devil's work.

Everywhere else is are country too.
Stupid. LOL
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Just know the laws of the place you go to. You have to be careful in every country. There are quite a few foreigners who unknowingly broke US laws. too, and ended up in jail or sued. Just inform yourself. Ask around before you go anywhere to live. And be careful!

There were two Iraqi families in Michigan I think 20 years ago or so. They decided to marry their children off. Found grooms and brides. Got ready for the wedding. But the brides were on the wrong side of 18- in Iraq, you see, they marry girls off while these are quite young.

Anyway, the cops arrived, the festivities stopped, there were mass arrests, the grooms were now facing 50 year prison terms, the father was charged with child abuse, the brides were in a shelter now. I don't think they knew or realized what was going on- they could barely speak English. And they had no idea why they were being arrested. They were marrying their daughters off like that had done for millennia.

Also, Americans bringing Tylenol from Canada got charged with drug trafficking.

These did not know American laws.

My ex who got married to someone else tried to contact me and wanted to patch things up and possibly get together again. She had done it before on many occasions. However, I do know the local adultery laws and I did not buy into that. No way!

Study the laws of the country you go to! Ignorance of the law will cost you dearly.
Last edited by ladislav on June 21st, 2011, 6:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Ghost wrote:I watched this episode a few days ago, and it disturbed me a lot, especially since I'm pretty interested in the Philippines and am currently talking to a Filipina. I think the man and woman were stupid and got what was coming to them. I mean, getting pregnant? Really? And the man getting involved with a single mom blew my mind. He probably had no conception as a foreign country as a way to get someone who isn't damaged goods like single moms. So he finds a hot foreign woman online and since he was probably the average Western chump, was desperate and reckless as a result.
That show was made to scare people (especially dumbass Americans) off from traveling. Don't drink that cool-aid! viewtopic.php?t=10133