About the Philippines...

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Interesting assessment Rock.

I also predicted the same about China. Of course I'm not gonna be on the same wavelength as people there. We gotta be real. Chinese are eminently practical and pragmatic. And also very materialistic and commitment-minded. They aren't interested in abstract or philosophical discussions. And they will not sympathize or agree with my views regarding freedom, truth seeking, thinking outside the box, not conforming to the system, etc. All that is alien to them, unless I meet some artistic hippie freespirit type of girl. lol. I'm sure those exist too.

So in order to get along with people in China, I would have to come to their wavelength a bit and hide my true beliefs. Or just be less controversial and not reveal too much and keep conversation to practical non-controversial matters. I'd have to try to "play along" so to speak.

Why do you say that people there would annoy me more than in Taiwan? In what way?

Yeah I fit in Europe mentally and spiritually, but women would not take me seriously there.

I guess there's no perfect solution for an Asian misfit. lol

It looks like again, we've hijacked someone else's thread and made it about me. lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw Rock, (and note this too, chanta76)

If you add to the list of incompatibilities I have with the PI that you summarized, the fact that it is also NOT vegetarian friendly, and that the food is considered to be the worst in Asia, and that it is probably the only place in Asia where local food is not considered good to foreigners, then that makes it a deal breaker for sure eh? lol

I guess in almost every way imaginable, I'm not compatible with the PI. I could make an endless list, but I think I already have.

I guess that in the ecstasy of being in "sex disneyland" here, I overlooked a ton of negatives or was willing to put up with them. Somehow, that tolerance has ran out, and the pain/discomfort of being here has caught up to me.

If you ask a lot of expats here though, they will tell you that they cannot stay here constantly and can only tolerate a few weeks of AC at a time.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Site should be renamed to Happier in Philiphines,
Too much focus on PI on this site and im not really into PI women, agree with Winstons and how he summurised PI women.
How abt Cuba for the next happier abroad destinations?Learn some spanish and from what i heard Cuba is a hidden treasure. Philiphines is ok if you are 50-60+
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

chanta76 wrote:Also being Asian (I'm not white but actually Korean descent) how well would I do there in the Philippines? I'm not interested in the bar scene or sex tourism.

I mean if I could take some time off and live in the Philippines for 2-3 months can I find a nice decent local girl? I hear that white western guys have it made over there and could just go to a mall and find someone to date. But because I look Asian ( the local girls might think me being Filipino) I would think I have disadvantage.

I read some of Winston travels in the Philippines but no offense he focus allot on the bar scene. I'm talking about regular girls. If I was in a mall would I be able to have some success if I do approaches there?
Hi chanta, sorry for hijacking your thread. There seems to be something about the PI which attracts a lot of Koreans. And the funny thing is, last time I was in Korea, I spoke with English speaking locals on the phone a couple times and asked them if they were Filipinos. It turned out that in both cases, the guys were Koreans who had learned their English in PI, accent and all.

So, perhaps as an ABK, you could plugged-into the Korean expat community if you go to Angeles or Cebu? Not sure how easy or difficult that is though.

So far, PI has so far not lived up to my expectations as a destination to pick-up regular girls in malls and other similar venues. One problem is, there are so few girls there who meet my personal specs. In the biggest and most modern up-and-coming areas like Mall of Asia in Manila (at least on a weekday) or even S&M Mall in Angeles, I had to look at least several hundred women to see one I was even mildly attracted to. But usually, if they are not with a boyfriend, they are with groups which includes males. And I really don't recall seeing any very attractive sales people. The second issue is that I did not feel at all special there as a white guy. I'm sure I could approach girls but I don't think they are just going to gush and hand me over their phone number. It would be a numbers game. And given the tiny number of interesting and unaccompanied targets, I might only make a handful of approaches in a whole day.

Contrast that to Taipei. If you visit the most upscale areas here during the right times, I would say as many as 1-3 out of 10 of the girls you see walk by are extremely cute to hot (again according to my specs) and often on their own. So there's an abundance of open targets. Of course, they may not be as friendly as typical Fillipinas are in general (though that's debatable and depends a lot on you and your technique). But if you play the numbers, you could easily approach several dozen attractive girls in just a couple hours. Korean soap operas and pop stars are popular here. As an ABK, you would have appeal to some of the locals, especially if you can fit into one of the right images credibly.

And in Shenzhen, I got more attention (and opportunities) as a white guy than I did in Manila or Angeles. My recent experiences are based on fairly short trips though. If I spent a few weeks in each place, I could compare and contrast them more accurately.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

The Philippines- It never is what you think it will be...

Post by OutWest »

chanta76 wrote:Also being Asian (I'm not white but actually Korean descent) how well would I do there in the Philippines? I'm not interested in the bar scene or sex tourism.

I mean if I could take some time off and live in the Philippines for 2-3 months can I find a nice decent local girl? I hear that white western guys have it made over there and could just go to a mall and find someone to date. But because I look Asian ( the local girls might think me being Filipino) I would think I have disadvantage.

I read some of Winston travels in the Philippines but no offense he focus allot on the bar scene. I'm talking about regular girls. If I was in a mall would I be able to have some success if I do approaches there?
I am responding to your post as you seem sincere and motivated. Ironically, with "Happier Abroad" as a theme,
there are very few men here who have made their life abroad. There are a lot of generalizations and fantasies, both good and bad, cranked out
about the Philippines. Well generalizations are just that- you can usually find your own personal exceptions to any rule.

You seem reflective, intelligent and open minded. I have more than a decade of experience in the Philippines, and have a life in Mindanao
where I live with my wife Emily. We were recently married, though she has been living with me for about 2 years now.
My wife is what most Filipinos would consider middle class- her father is an engineer and has a car, a 10 year-old Toyota.
Generally here, that kind of position and a few things like the ability to afford a car, decent house, good appliances..all those things
might be thought of as middle class stuff here.

With 2-3 months to work with, you would do well here, really. one good hint- AVOID metro Manila!
Generally, Manila with its suburbs seems to me to be just one big shit-hole. I'm not sure where you are, but you can avoid Manila- simply fly into Cebu instead. I would recommend spending some time in Cagayan de Oro. It is cleaner and safer than even Cebu, and yet it is big enough to have what you need. PM me and I will give you some specific information if you are really interested.

Outwest
Misamis Oriental, Mindanao
Last edited by OutWest on July 31st, 2011, 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote: I also predicted the same about China. Of course I'm not gonna be on the same wavelength as people there. We gotta be real. Chinese are eminently practical and pragmatic. And also very materialistic and commitment-minded. They aren't interested in abstract or philosophical discussions. And they will not sympathize or agree with my views regarding freedom, truth seeking, thinking outside the box, not conforming to the system, etc. All that is alien to them, unless I meet some artistic hippie freespirit type of girl. lol. I'm sure those exist too.

So in order to get along with people in China, I would have to come to their wavelength a bit and hide my true beliefs. Or just be less controversial and not reveal too much and keep conversation to practical non-controversial matters. I'd have to try to "play along" so to speak.
Back in 1980s, when Rock and Roll was relatively unknown in China, Cui Jian would hang out with foreign embassy staff in Beijing who played instruments, and go jam with them at Jiangshan Park behind the Forbidden City. One of his early bands consists of Hungarian embassy staff who played bass, and Madagascar embassy staff who played 6-string. You might be interested in reading the lyrics to his early song "Nothing to my Name":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nothing_to_My_Name
http://chinahopelive.net/2009/05/09/not ... 0%E6%9C%89
http://wiki.chaile.org/index.php/Cui_Jian

我曾经问个不休 / wǒ céngjīng wèn gè bùxiū
I’ve asked (you) endlessly

你何时跟我走 / nǐ hé shí gēn wǒ zǒu
When will you go with me?

可你却总是笑我 / kě nǐ què zǒngshì xiào wǒ
But you always just laugh at me

一无所有 / yīwúsuǒyǒu
(with) nothing to my name

我要给你我的追求 / wǒ yào gěi nǐ wǒde zhuīqiú
I want to give you my dreams

还有我的自由 / háiyǒu wǒde zìyóu
(and I) also have my freedom (to give you)

一无所有 / yīwúsuǒyǒu

噢 你何时跟我走 / ō nǐ hé shí gēn wǒ zǒu
Oh! When will you go with me?

脚下这地在走 / jiǎo xià zhè dì zài zǒu
The ground beneath my feet is moving

身边那水在流 / shēnbiān nà shuǐ zài liú
The water beside me is flowing

一无所有 / yīwúsuǒyǒu

为何你总是笑个没够 / wèihé nǐ zǒngshì xiào gè méi gòu
Why is your laughter never enough?

为何我总要追求 / wèihé wǒ zǒng yào zhuīqiú
Why will I always search?

难道在你面前我永远 / nándào zài nǐ miànqián wǒ yǒngyuǎn
Could it be that before you I’ll forever…

是一无所有 / shì yīwúsuǒyǒu
…have nothing to my name?

[instrumental break]

The ground under my feet is moving

告诉你我等了很久 / gàosu nǐ wǒ děng le hěn jiǔ
(I’m) telling you I’ve waited a long time

告诉你我最后的要求 / gàosu nǐ wǒ zuìhòu de yāoqiú
(So I’m) telling you my final request

我要抓起你的双手 / wǒ yào zhuā qǐ nǐde shuāngshǒu
I want to grab you by the hands

你这就跟我走 / nǐ zhè jiù gēn wǒ zǒu
And then you’ll go with me

这时你的手在颤抖 / zhè shí nǐde shǒu zài chàndǒu
This time your hands are trembling

这时你的泪在流 / zhè shí nǐde lèi zài liú
This time your tears are flowing

莫非你是正在告诉我 / mòfēi nǐ shì zhèngzài gàosu wǒ
Can it be that you are telling me

你爱我一无所有 / nǐ ài wǒ yīwúsuǒyǒu
You love me with nothing to my name?

噢 你这就跟我走 / ō nǐ zhè jiù gēn wǒ zǒu
Oh! Now you’ll go with me

===============================

This man's popularity is not based on conforming to other people's "wavelength". He attracted others to his "wavelength", thoughts, and feelings. If that is what you want, then you must find your own way to get there. If you want to do it in China, your first step is to learn Chinese. There's a large difference between "thinking outside the box" and actually taking the steps & hard work to be successful outside the box/conventional ways.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Winston, you are still in your 30ies and you are also not rich. So, you can't yet relate to the pleasures of sugar-daddying. When a man hits his 40ies and 50ies and has money, it can be the sweetest joy of life there is.
If you are making $1000 a month, sure, giving $300 a month seems like spilling blood and I agree with you. Now if you are making 10K a month and choose to have several young ladies on your dole with you calling the shots, it sure beats having one b-tchy 45-50 year old wife at home, doesn't it?
Will these young ladies love you? Well, many will, you'll be surprised. Just be kind, presentable and treat the whole thing as a social program to help society. And sugar-daddying is the closest you can come to the most natural thing many a man deeply desires- polyamoury with several beautiful young women (vs monogamy with one middle aged auntie/granma). And for many a woman, a dream is having a responsible man/leader who can support and guide her vs a flaky and poor young man who is not capable of anything serious and cannot be relied upon.

It is basically like being a sultan or a tribal chief.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
tradcom
Freshman Poster

Post by tradcom »

For those who are looking for educated women, just go to Russia - the western part if you're white, the eastern part if you're Asian.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

ladislav wrote:Winston,...you can't yet relate to the pleasures of sugar-daddying. When a man hits hisXXX, it can be the sweetest joy of life there is.
Hmm, that's what a lot of people say about fatherhood. Look where that got Winston? Reality is, Its a personal choice and certainly doesn't work for everyone. I know plenty of older guys who prefer 'cheap charleying'. And some of them even have lots of money.

Also, keep in mind, that in most countries, its not that cheap to be a sugar daddy, especially if you want to date and have sex with real hotties. Small peasant girls from the sticks of PI might be cheap. You might even find plainer urban girls at value-for-money prices there. But generally, I think hot young girls know their place and usually demand to be paid for it for tolerating a daddy type. For example, my friend in Shanghai was dating a 19 year old smoking hot 175 cm model from the northeast of China. He told me he was paying her a monthly allowance of nearly 100,000 RMB (US$15,625). In Russia or eastern Europe, I reckon its going to cost well over 2,000-3,000 Euros per month to have a decent looking local be on call for you and give you lots of hot sex along with a gfe. Now if your definition of sugar daddy is just having them hang-out with you once in awhile but not put-out or date you in a romantic way, I'm sure its probably a lot cheaper.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

theyoungagegroup wrote:For those who are looking for educated women, just go to Russia - the western part if you're white, the eastern part if you're Asian.
That sounds fine and dandy for the most part, but what about Blacks and Africans men whom are seeking educated women regardless of nationality? Is Russia palpable to their search?
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

chanta76,
I forgot to mention that poor girls aren't all bad. They are more humble, less demanding and unspoiled. So there are advantages to poor girls. It's just that it's going to be one sided in that you will have to pay for everything, which makes you feel like you've descended DOWN to get a date.

They are also going to be less sophisticated and more simple, and harder to relate to.

Some guys don't mind that though. Others do. It depends on the type of guy you are. Only you know that.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ladislav wrote:Winston, you are still in your 30ies and you are also not rich. So, you can't yet relate to the pleasures of sugar-daddying. When a man hits his 40ies and 50ies and has money, it can be the sweetest joy of life there is.
If you are making $1000 a month, sure, giving $300 a month seems like spilling blood and I agree with you. Now if you are making 10K a month and choose to have several young ladies on your dole with you calling the shots, it sure beats having one b-tchy 45-50 year old wife at home, doesn't it?
Will these young ladies love you? Well, many will, you'll be surprised. Just be kind, presentable and treat the whole thing as a social program to help society. And sugar-daddying is the closest you can come to the most natural thing many a man deeply desires- polyamoury with several beautiful young women (vs monogamy with one middle aged auntie/granma). And for many a woman, a dream is having a responsible man/leader who can support and guide her vs a flaky and poor young man who is not capable of anything serious and cannot be relied upon.

It is basically like being a sultan or a tribal chief.
No I totally disagree. It has nothing to do with being rich. Even if I had to give every girl only 10p, it still makes me feel crummy. I simply don't like feeling used. I am not a Santa Claus, so why would I want to be treated like it? It's not right either. Why would you enjoy feeling used and abused? It's NOT love. There's no respect in it either. Women who respect you will never treat you like an ATM machine.

Bottom line: Sugar daddying DOES NOT FEEL GOOD. Being richer doesn't change that. Come on now. What kind of logic is that? Just cause I have more money, doesn't mean I will enjoy giving it away and being used and leeched from. That makes no sense and is not logical.

Ask yourself this: What happened to your girls when you stopped giving them a huge allowance? How did they react? Was that a sign of love? Did it make you feel good when they dropped you like trash as soon as the money stopped?

I don't mind giving a girl money for sleeping with me. But giving an allowance? Nah.

Actually, Dianne is the only Filipina whom I really feel good when I see her happy and get what she wants. She is the only exception to that.

NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Winston wrote:
No I totally disagree. It has nothing to do with being rich. Even if I had to give every girl only 10p, it still makes me feel crummy. I simply don't like feeling used. I am not a Santa Claus, so why would I want to be treated like it? It's not right either. Why would you enjoy feeling used and abused? It's NOT love. There's no respect in it either. Women who respect you will never treat you like an ATM machine.

Bottom line: Sugar daddying DOES NOT FEEL GOOD. Being richer doesn't change that. Come on now. What kind of logic is that? Just cause I have more money, doesn't mean I will enjoy giving it away and being used and leeched from. That makes no sense and is not logical.

Ask yourself this: What happened to your girls when you stopped giving them a huge allowance? How did they react? Was that a sign of love? Did it make you feel good when they dropped you like trash as soon as the money stopped?

I don't mind giving a girl money for sleeping with me. But giving an allowance? Nah.

Actually, Dianne is the only Filipina whom I really feel good when I see her happy and get what she wants. She is the only exception to that.
I agree.
Last edited by NorthAmericanguy on August 2nd, 2011, 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baron
Freshman Poster

I will tell you the truth.

Post by Baron »

1. Philippines will never become like Korea in next 50 years. It is because the 10% of the population (about 250 Families around the country) owns this 100%.
Rest 90% are hopeless. That 10% will never give up the way to abuse people and let the poor to gain people power by making more money.
So, the chance of what Filipinas could be compared to Korean girls are freaking low. You can forget about it.

2. Filipinas ORIGINALLY don't like foreigner guys. They like their Filipino Dicks in their pussies. However, there aren't much jobs for uneducated guys.
Even you graduate college, it's freaking hard to find a job. Since these guys are lousy and lazy, girls get tired of Filipino guys and start looking for
foreigners who can help them. Yes, in majority of the case, we are the walking ATM.

3. For foreigners, Filipinas have tendency of liking Asian guys more than Western guys.. I asked some girls and they said, western guys dont look asian
plus girls think they have big cocks which will hurt them. Believe me or not.

4. If Filipinas have enough money, do you think they would date old expats? Hell no... Even myself, I am at late 30's now living in Manila,
I feel shy to go out and drink with young girls like 18-22 years...

Hey Winston......... You mentioned about Date In Asia.. You know what?

About more than 80% of those girls there are all snobs with Cinderella syndrome ok? Also a lot of them are Freelance hookers to hook you and squeeze coins off your ass.

Have fun.
If you see unusual things happening, tell yourself "Welcome to the Philippines!!" and you can finally understand the truth...
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: I will tell you the truth.

Post by ladislav »

Baron wrote:1. Philippines will never become like Korea in next 50 years. It is because the 10% of the population (about 250 Families around the country) owns this 100%.
Rest 90% are hopeless. That 10% will never give up the way to abuse people and let the poor to gain people power by making more money.
So, the chance of what Filipinas could be compared to Korean girls are freaking low. You can forget about it.

2. Filipinas ORIGINALLY don't like foreigner guys. They like their Filipino Dicks in their pussies. However, there aren't much jobs for uneducated guys.
Even you graduate college, it's freaking hard to find a job. Since these guys are lousy and lazy, girls get tired of Filipino guys and start looking for
foreigners who can help them. Yes, in majority of the case, we are the walking ATM.

3. For foreigners, Filipinas have tendency of liking Asian guys more than Western guys.. I asked some girls and they said, western guys dont look asian
plus girls think they have big cocks which will hurt them. Believe me or not.

4. If Filipinas have enough money, do you think they would date old expats? Hell no... Even myself, I am at late 30's now living in Manila,
I feel shy to go out and drink with young girls like 18-22 years...

Hey Winston......... You mentioned about Date In Asia.. You know what?

About more than 80% of those girls there are all snobs with Cinderella syndrome ok? Also a lot of them are Freelance hookers to hook you and squeeze coins off your ass.

Have fun.
An interesting analysis, and again shows how different people's experiences and conclusions are. I guess I part from a whole different point of reference. Also, if you speak Tagalog or Visaya fluently, they treat you VERY differently. I can't even count the times the people here in RP had called me a compatriot, brother, and told me that I was a Filipino in word, thought and action. It does help very much if you integrate- barriers are not that high here. I can't even compare the small prejudice here with " the wall" in Japan, Thailand, or even the US. The easiest place to find love is still the RP. Again, from my experience.

This is why the whole thing is so interesting- Rock is telling me about the success he is having in N. Asia- but I shudder when I think of N. Asians. All of my experiences with them have been of nothing but icey coldness coming from them and enormous racism. But that is not HIS experience.
And I had no problems dating 18-24 girls in RP even at 50 and no one would give us a second look. Except that of jealousy.

And what Filipinas have told me is how much they like white people and how much they want to have mixed babies. How Koreans were not creating the mestizos they wanted to have. Strange again.

The richest families in the Philippines are Spanish mestizos who look almost white. And many just looks Spanish. For centuries, finding a guy who looks like a Spaniard- a European- has been a dream of the masses here- a well documented fact from history books.

Again, the Philippines that I know and see is a different one from what you see. Just like the ugly unfriendly Thailand and N. Asia that I see, is a shock to a smiling expat there who can't stop rejoicing over his being in those countries.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!