In Manila right now, all girls ignoring me, exactly like USA

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Oh, by the way, how is Mr. Unhappy in Manila? Where is he? Did he heed anybody's advice? I've offered to meet with him. No news. What's up? Where is he?

I hope he was not just trolling.

Hey, Mr. Unhappy in Manila! Are you there?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Just found this thread. Mr. Unhappy must be doing something seriously wrong. I've been to the Mall of Asia and it's like shooting fish in a barrel.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Hero wrote:Just found this thread. Mr. Unhappy must be doing something seriously wrong. I've been to the Mall of Asia and it's like shooting fish in a barrel.
If Mall of Asia = the barrel and fish = attractive women, then I would say the barrel is huge with very few fish to shoot at. I went there with Winston once. Just finding reasonable targets seemed more like searching for a needle in a haystack. And if you do find one and make an approach, you'll likely get that Luzon attitude. Some how I doubt the "hey you're so maganda" one-liner is going to cut-it.
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

ladislav wrote:Oh, by the way, how is Mr. Unhappy in Manila? Where is he? Did he heed anybody's advice? I've offered to meet with him. No news. What's up? Where is he?

I hope he was not just trolling.

Hey, Mr. Unhappy in Manila! Are you there?
he said you already met with him and helped him out in the phillipines. maybe i read wrong.

i am beginning to think he was a she. and that this person is trying to make us think there is no hope in the phillys

this person is very suspicious.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Rock wrote:If Mall of Asia = the barrel and fish = attractive women, then I would say the barrel is huge with very few fish to shoot at. I went there with Winston once. Just finding reasonable targets seemed more like searching for a needle in a haystack. And if you do find one and make an approach, you'll likely get that Luzon attitude. Some how I doubt the "hey you're so maganda" one-liner is going to cut-it.
Well, the difference is that I'm so incredibly gwapo that no Pinay can keep her hands off of me :lol:
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

I already told you guys what to do when in the Phils. But since I go on with a combination of dysfunctional wordplay and perv but true rants, people don't study me as much.

Oh wells. If a 6'3, 280 silverback cute gorilla like me can cut it, you all can too. Not to sound like that cocky short fat Azn-AMerican cat that posed with Paris Hilton.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi Filipina,

I appreciate your responses. I'm not saying that I don't understand the Filipino way, I just don't think it's fair or polite. Let me ask you some bottom line key questions, so you understand my meaning.

1. Do you think it's fair or right for a Filipino family to expect free cash from a foreigner and make him feel obligated to it? Isn't that rude and inappropriate and presumptuous? If you were poor and dating a foreigner, would you expect him to?

2. How should you refuse a request for a "loan" (aka free money) from a Filipina and her family? By saying "I have to support my sister and parents and can't afford to give anymore" or "I'm too poor to help you" like Ladislav and you suggest? If so, why? Why can't I just tell the truth and say this:

"Well this is the real world, and money is not free. Rich Filipinos and banks don't give free loans either, not without collateral. You aren't offering anything as collateral so you can't pay me back. Everyone knows that people who need to borrow have no ability to pay back. I am not a charity. It's not my policy to give out free cash. If I was that stupid, then I would be broke and I never would have come to your country. If you want money, you'll have to earn it. Nothing in the Philippines is free. I don't get anything for free here either. Besides, I like to save money and spend it wisely. Chinese people don't like wasting money, esp to people who are not even family."

That's the truth, so why not say that? I hate lying.

3. Don't I have a right to say that Filipinos are stingy? Look at the facts. I don't get anything for free in the PH, yet many people expect me to give out free treats, free cash, treat everyone with a smile, etc. How would you feel if you were me? Would you feel like you're being treated fairly and respectfully? If I get nothing for free, and am expected to be giving and generous, don't I have a right to call it as I see it? Wouldn't you?

Look at restaurants. Korean restaurants give you 8 free appetizers before your meal. Chinese restaurants give you free unlimited tea, and fruit for your dessert. Japanese restaurants give you free unlimited green tea and sometimes free miso soup too. Mexican restaurants give you free unlimited chips and salsa. American fancy restaurants give you free bread. But Filipino owned restaurants give you NOTHING for free, NOTHING complimentary! What does that tell you? Look at the big picture and the little things, and you'll learn a lot. Do you see what I mean now? Make sense?

So then, how come Filipinas call foreigners kuripot, but not their own people?
Last edited by Winston on November 29th, 2011, 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
filipina
Freshman Poster

Post by filipina »

1. Do you think it's fair or right for a Filipino family to expect free cash from a foreigner and make him feel obligated to it? Isn't that rude and inappropriate and presumptuous? If you were poor and dating a foreigner, would you expect him to?
It is rude and it has never been an accepted manner to expect cash from anyone who is not obliged to give, may it be foreigner or not. Unfortunately, majority of the women who are most receptive to foreigners are poor so by this, you could expect that they lack the material comfort and scarcity of financial resources to sustain the relationship will be hard for her. So you might be asking Filipinas are after of foreigners’ money? Basically, yes! But you don’t have to freak out as it is not the money per se but it's what that money can provide such as food, shelter etc. with love and the other comforts of marriage and so on. It is pointless for a Filipina to date or look for a foreign husband if you can’t provide for her. However, as in any case you have to run your common sense when it comes to giving or not giving her some amount. There are Filipinas from middle to upper class who are interested in Western culture and with a Western man and do not rely on your money so much but it takes time to find them because as I’ve said before you will not find them in go-go bars.
2. How should you refuse a request for a "loan" (aka free money) from a Filipina and her family? By saying "I have to support my sister and parents and can't afford to give anymore" or "I'm too poor to help you" like Ladislav and you suggest? If so, why? Why can't I just tell the truth and say this

"Well this is the real world, and money is not free. Rich Filipinos and banks don't give free loans either, not without collateral. You aren't offering anything as collateral so you can't pay me back. Everyone knows that people who need to borrow have no ability to pay back. I am not a charity. It's not my policy to give out free cash. If I was that stupid, then I would be broke and I never would have come to your country. If you want money, you'll have to earn it. Nothing in the Philippines is free. I don't get anything for free here either. Besides, I like to save money and spend it wisely. Chinese people don't like wasting money, esp to people who are not even family."

We are not used to frank-brutally honest-upfront type approach of telling someone she is like this and she like that. Unlike your country where individualism is encouraged, we, on the other hand, are group-oriented people and we take into consideration the feelings of those people we are about to hurt or be denied of something especially our relatives and friends as we don’t want to end up “having no neighbours� to like us. Needless to say, rejection should be done in a manner which makes the pain less as much as possible. It will be more productive and often makes them realize their bad habits if you will say your rejection piece in a way that is more empathetic, with that, they will not see you as a stingy, selfish being. Not that you are obliged to be nice and you can actually say exactly what you wrote above but it will just make them resentful , it won’t hurt to be a little compassionate right?
3. Don't I have a right to say that Filipinos are stingy? Look at the facts. I don't get anything for free in the PH, yet many people expect me to give out free treats, free cash, treat everyone with a smile, etc. How would you feel if you were me? Would you feel like you're being treated fairly and respectfully? If I get nothing for free, and am expected to be giving and generous, don't I have a right to call it as I see it? Wouldn't you?
I have a stingy friend and I call her "kuripot" and I have been called kuripot also at times so it’s not unusual to be called so. Call them stingy too by all means!
We are on the exact opposite side when it comes to this because if I were you I would feel blessed because at least I am on the “giver� side and not on the “taker� side. I believe generosity is something that can’t be demanded from a person because if so, it would not be called generosity at all. Respect can be very well earned even if you are the most stingiest person in the universe as long as you have made your points clear and have discussed it with everyone involved in ways that they can understand and relate to.

Look at restaurants. Korean restaurants give you 8 free appetizers before your meal. Chinese restaurants give you free unlimited tea, and fruit for your dessert. Japanese restaurants give you free unlimited green tea and sometimes free miso soup too. Mexican restaurants give you free unlimited chips and salsa. American fancy restaurants give you free bread. But Filipino owned restaurants give you NOTHING for free, NOTHING complimentary! What does that tell you? Look at the big picture and the little things, and you'll learn a lot. Do you see what I mean now? Make sense?
Majority of the people including businesses are struggling and battling the vagaries of life every now and then. With prices of goods sometimes fluctuate more often than the stock prices, it not surprising that the quality and size of food at times will be compromised let alone offer freebies. I do know restaurants who offer unlimited rice such as (Mang Inasal,Chicken Ati-Atihan), (Uno) for bottomless iced tea etc. maybe you have not just bumped in with these restaurants and oh in our place (Mindanao) you can actually ask for free soup in every "karinderya" it means an informal restaurant, offering a range of hot meals and made-to-order sandwiches.

p.s.
I've also answered some of your pm
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

Winston, I think a lot of how Filipinos try to mooch off you so much has to do with you and not them. Mooching is human nature; if one has little and perceives another to have more, naturally they'll want to try and get some of it. Poor people in every Country do it. It's more common in the Philippines simply because it's a poorer nation with a higher percentage of poor people. The fact that you're American is significant. Obviously because you're going to be perceived as wealthy, but also due to the fact that Americans are inherently non-confrontational in nature. Should you come across as being more stern, it would probably happen far less. Also, you have a very soft appearance. Which will make you seem more approachable, but also more manipulable. It's human nature, not Filipino nature.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

filipina wrote:
2. How should you refuse a request for a "loan" (aka free money) from a Filipina and her family? By saying "I have to support my sister and parents and can't afford to give anymore" or "I'm too poor to help you" like Ladislav and you suggest? If so, why? Why can't I just tell the truth and say this

We are not used to frank-brutally honest-upfront type approach of telling someone she is like this and she like that. Unlike your country where individualism is encouraged, we, on the other hand, are group-oriented people and we take into consideration the feelings of those people we are about to hurt or be denied of something especially our relatives and friends as we don’t want to end up “having no neighbours� to like us. Needless to say, rejection should be done in a manner which makes the pain less as much as possible. It will be more productive and often makes them realize their bad habits if you will say your rejection piece in a way that is more empathetic, with that, they will not see you as a stingy, selfish being. Not that you are obliged to be nice and you can actually say exactly what you wrote above but it will just make them resentful , it won’t hurt to be a little compassionate right?

Exactly! There are ways in life to reject people without being cruel. Even in the U.S if someone were to ask for a loan or even a gift, Winston's response would be considered rude and might end the relationship or even cause a physical fight.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

This thread is pure gold! If a man is getting universally rejected in the Philippines of all places then frankly it's time to give up. Even morbidly obese old men manage to hook up online in the Philippines. I'm inclined to think that if a man is universally unattractive to women in his own country then he doesn't magically become attractive elsewhere. And LOL at ladislav telling him to spend time in hooker joints after he already said he doesn't want hookers. Since the OP is a young, in shape foreigner I predict that the main reason for his 100% rejection rate must be facial ugliness. FFS if even Winston manages to hook from lower class Filipinas, this guy must be really bad.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Seeker wrote:This thread is pure gold! If a man is getting universally rejected in the Philippines of all places then frankly it's time to give up. Even morbidly obese old men manage to hook up online in the Philippines. I'm inclined to think that if a man is universally unattractive to women in his own country then he doesn't magically become attractive elsewhere. And LOL at ladislav telling him to spend time in hooker joints after he already said he doesn't want hookers. Since the OP is a young, in shape foreigner I predict that the main reason for his 100% rejection rate must be facial ugliness. FFS if even Winston manages to hook from lower class Filipinas, this guy must be really bad.
Or he could be a super picky guy who rejects 99 percent of women he sees? lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

If all women are ignoring him both in the PI and in America he must be unattractive to both. Just another hopeless incel.

Btw Winston sorry if that post above came off a bit insulting to you. I actually find you to be a most entertaining and interesting character.