Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


In Manila right now, all girls ignoring me, exactly like USA

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Rock » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:58 pm

chanta76 wrote:What gives? So what if Russian girls are approachable but they do not take you serious. It's like you are implying that they have a fake friendliness to you.


Excellent point. Winston, why make such a big deal about approachability if it just boils down to 'fake friendliness'?

I think the bulk of guys here are interested in foreign girls they can interact with physically, not just smiles and talkin. We need to find some regular looking Asian guys who've explored the corners of FUS with significant 'oriental' populations and find out whether or not they were able to do any better with women than you were.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4123
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm







Postby filipina » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:40 pm

Note: please don't be confused, sometimes I used FILIPINO word to mean filipino and filipina in general, a man or woman living in the Philippines by term is called Filipino. thanks

You're welcome. Also keep in mind that the average IQ in the Philippines is 86. How can you say that the literacy rate is 93 percent? How do you know that isn't just exaggeration from school administrators in order to make their school look good?
Also, how can 93 percent literacy be true? What counts as being literate exactly? I mean, if you go out on the street and ask if they know what "hypothetically" or " theoretically" means, you will find that hardly any Filipino knows those words.


Afaik, you already commended me for this on your previous post saying “ Most middle class Filipinas I've met don't use facts or logic when they argue.â€￾

I have already defined what basic literacy is according to the link that I have also provided in my previous post. I have not made it up nor some school made that claim, there are a lot of links/studies that say so just google it up but if you find those majority≠right, then there’s nothing I can do and I refuse to further argue with this one, we are all entitled to our opinion so I respect yours.

Why do you give so much fuss on the word “hypotheticallyâ€￾ or “theoreticallyâ€￾ as a sign of great intelligence, do you even use this on a day-to-day basis? Hello... Winston, English is not our mother tongue go anywhere else where English is only a secondary language and see if they also use such words on the street. Do you want to hear things like:
GF: hey, Winston honey hypothetically, if I am going to cook this rice and fish we will have food for breakfast. Winston: yes hon, go ahead and do it. GF: But you know Winston honey, I only know how to cook theoretically!

Seriously, I have been to Singapore recently, and while like the Philippines, English is one of their official languages I find it hard to communicate English with the taxi drivers and even their tour guides having difficulty pronouncing English. Bottomline is, not because one does not know much of the superfluous, complicated English words let alone use it on a regular speaking basis does not automatically mean his iQ is below average because really acquiring an extensive vocabulary is one of the largest challenges in learning a second language. Filipinos/Filipinas not exempted.

Ok then tell me this then:
- Why don't Filipinos commonly say "I'll bring you a pasalubong" too? Why isn't that part of the culture? Why have no Filipinas said that to me?


I would like to understand really the kind of Filipinas/Filipinos that surround you because for me really it’s a normal thing to hear such, “don’t forget my pasalubongâ€￾ and at the same time “what do you want me to bring you for a pasalubong.â€￾ I wish you have read the link I posted on my previous post about what is a Pasalubong because I really wanted to let you understand the basic concept of it. FYI, it is our tradition, directed for US Filipinos, a lot of Filipinas may have told you or asked for a Pasalubong because maybe they already feel you are part of their life and considers you a friend , the thing is we practiced it, IT IS FOR US FILIPINOS, and I have yet to hear a single Filipina/Filipino who has a complaint about this. Again, it does not have to be fancy and you are not obliged, it is for your own free will to give or not to give. If you are stingy and count every single centavo then just turn a blind eye and a deaf ear the next time you hear someone asking you.
There may not be a single Filipina who says she will bring you a Pasalubong because there’s none from your circle right now who travels a lot or has the money to afford buying you things.

- How come Filipinos (lower and middle class), don't invite me to their barbecues or dinner parties, unless I'm paying for it all? Other foreigners have told me the same thing. If you were a foreigner, maybe you'd understand and be shocked at how people treat you, with no consideration for your budget. You can't deny that that's rude.


Unless, there is an occasion average Filipino family don’t usually have parties. If for some reason your Filipino friend is throwing a b-day party and you’re not invited then that’s the time you should think that there’s something really wrong with you.

A foreigner may not always get the chance to be invited if for example, the host may be reluctant because of the foods he’s preparing (we tend to be cautious on serving food to foreigners because of fear that we will cause you stomach ache) or it may be that he’s ashamed you will just be left out like a fish out of water because the crowd don’t seem to speak English well enough. It will be a torture for the host to see his guest uneasy so to not spoil the fun they might just not invite you.

Or maybe it could be just the hypocrisy running in us, middle to upper class tend to loathe those who resort to dating site for the poor women to escape from poverty but in truth we secretly want to snatch out our neighbour’s handsome foreign boyfriend.

- If you claim that Filipinos are as much givers as well as takers, then explain this: How come if you buy an American or British woman an expensive gift, they will usually say, "I'm sorry I can't accept this. I simply don't reciprocate your feelings toward me, so it wouldn't be right for me to accept this gift. I don't want to feel like I owe you something". But a Filipina will usually say, "Wow! That's for me? Thanks!" with a smile and look of glee, even if she isn't into you or doesn't like you in a romantic way? Even if the gift costs half of all your money, they will still gladly accept it. Doesn't that show that they have no pride or honor? Even a middle class girl I met from Couchsurfing.com in Manila, who is a fashion magazine writer, told me that Filipinos don't usually have "honor or pride", not the way Americans do. They just do whatever they want and don't really care." She also said that there is not really a middle class in the Phils, but I forget what her reasons were. Here is her picture that I took. She looks very classy and educated, doesn't she?


Different people have different perceptions on things and situations, for us you would not give someone a gift if it’s not within your budget. A gift for us is a language of love because who‘s on his right mind who will give gifts to the enemies? Perhaps there are but it will be a snake or a bomb. Ladies normally received gifts from suitors and it’s just sooooooooo normal for us to receive gifts from suitors regardless of feelings involved, we even have a saying “to refuse an offer/gift is a great insult.â€￾ Okay, you can take this as a taker mentality but it is just the way it is for us, women are pampered, part of our men wooing us. But mind you, I don't think a Filipina will ask you to buy her expensive things, we are not hard to please.


Overall, Filipinas definitely prefer receiving more than giving. The pattern for that is quite clear. Do you still deny that? Every foreigner I've met report the same observation. Do you deny this out of logic or out of pride?


Like it or not, it is already a part of us, although I have to disagree with the taker mentality only because the basic concept of it all were geared towards us Filipinos, it has only evolved to include foreigners who, in one way or another become a part of us already. You can’t understand because you don’t grow up as one of us same with I can’t understand the addiction of your people to Binlang.

We have a lot of different ways and traditions but I guess it’s what makes our world a very interesting and lovely place to live, a place where we constantly explore our different traits and characteristics (not just bodies :P). If we all have the same way of life what a boring world it would be, right? We live in a world where there is an endless dichotomy of good and bad, and sometimes we can’t choose only one side so we are left but to accept the whole package.

Nice. But apparently you only know the official version of things.
It looks like you've bought the reasons that were given to the public.


Well, you said that Filipinas don’t know the WW2 history so now at least you know that we do know the history even if let’s say what you think I know is from the official version of things. :P

Well Phil Health only pays 30 percent to 50 percent of the hospital bills. But poor families cannot even afford to pay half of their bills, especially if it involves expensive surgeries. A lot of their relatives in America are in debt or they become selfish and decide to keep all their overseas earnings to themselves, right?
What about my second question? How come 99 percent of Filipinas claim to have no money and can't even afford a meal at McDonalds, and need someone else to treat them? If that's so, then how do all the stores, malls and restaurants stay in business? That doesn't add up. Who are all the Filipinas I see in supermarket check out lines who open their wallet and have big wad of cash to pay for things? Is this a conspiracy, or a Twilight Zone mystery? Why are Filipinos so uncomfortable about talking about this?


When my father was still running our little town we often have poor coming to us for medicines, hospital bills, and even coffins so aside from PhilHealth for indigents funded/subsidized by the government, politicians have social funds in cases of the ones I mentioned above for their poor constituents.

A typical Filipino Family has one or more relative working abroad. Remittances sent by OFWs contribute to our country's economy, that’s why we call them modern heroes of our lives. There are about 11 million overseas Filipinos estimated count worldwide or about 11% of our total population working and providing for their families back here. Why? Because we are poor and we want to uplift the standard of living for our dear ones and this is because we have this so-called...Ahhh ... mmmm...how do you call this...
tadang! uhhhm.. giver mentality? :P

About the McDonald thing, you are just exaggerating it. Maybe you are just very stingy..hehe

Ok I promise I won't show your pics or profile to anyone then. You can just PM me your profile link on there. I'm curious to see what you look like. I'm sure you're cute though.


Let me weigh if I will give it to you or not. I am undecided right now, but if ever that I submit to your will, don’t ever publish me or else I will lead the women here for a revolt.. haha.. :lol:

Why do you dig this forum? Because all the anti-Filipino posts mad you made? Or you enjoyed reading the insight here? This is unusual, because most girls are not interested in this site because there's nothing in it for them. Plus Asian women usually hate reading long articles, that's what they tell me when I send them one of my articles.


As I said, I was just trying to snoop around here. Let's just say it was a serendipitous thing for me to be here and thank you for that.

Anyway, you are really refreshing and a rarity too. So I'm glad you are here.

Thank you.

1. Why do most Filipinas say, when you tell them they are maganda, "Oh I'm not that maganda. There are many other maganda girls here"?


Out of humility or shyness plus we’re brainwashed for our heads not to get big if someone is complementing us...so to moderate we sort of pass the glory to others.

2. How come when you ask a Filipina about her sister and if she's good looking, she always says, "Oh my sister is much more maganda than me", even if it's not true?


Picture this out, I had a cousin who was introduced by our Aunt to her American fellow worker. It was the first time for my cousin and the guy to meet personally, she was 33 back then and I was 25. By western standard I look more beautiful than my cousin and younger, while my relatives were preparing to fetch the guy they had asked me not to come out of the room unless my cousin and the guy were something into a romantic mood with each other already, I sort of get the idea that there might be a transfer of affection that is going to happen if the guy sees me (although, it was just some kind of my relative’s paranoia) so I practically avoided the guy like I have some kind of leprosy and ended emphasizing that my cousin is beautiful and not me.

3. If Filipinas who make a modest income, are glad to help put their relatives by giving them money, aka "loans", then what's the point of make a higher income than others, if you have to give all your "extra" money away? Ever think about that?


Dang! there you again...that’s just the giver mentality in us.. :P

4. Why do Filipinas, when they ask for money, never ask first if you can afford it, or if you are on a budget? What is the reason for assuming that ALL your money is extra money that you don't need? They act as if you are a foreigner or Filipino American, then ALL your cash is extra cash, and if you lose 10,000p, you still have the same amount in your bank, as if 100,000p minus 10,000p = 100,000p, as if money were a bottomless well. I don't get that. Have I misunderstood something?

Wise people save money and don't throw away all their "extra" money (people don't really have extra money unless they are a millionaire"). It's much wiser to save money, or else you'll regret it. Don't you agree?

So are we expected to give away free money to people, until we are broke? And what if we go broke? Do Filipinas still assume that all our money is extra? Why don't they ever ask? Why don't they ever take that into account? I can't comprehend this. Can you?


Admittedly, this is one sad reality, Filipinos tend to believe that every white is rich, mainly because a lot don’t get the actual value of dollar vs peso. The 1-dollar to 40+ pesos is misleading a lot especially the poor, our one peso can only buy us one candy compared to your one dollar, $1 in peso term that’s a loottt of pesoses so they automatically think every white man/women out there is rich and that if you exchange your money with ours you have a lot to spare.

Filipinos earning modestly ALWAYS have extra money to spare for their family. Wise Filipinos will give their relatives investment so they can stop giving them regularly and stand on their own.

If we are broke then we don’t give anything, no one is forcing us to give - it’s innate within us to give to our families you can’t understand this perhaps but for us it where we find most contented, most happy if we can make our family happy.

Regular Filipinos don’t usually work with the aim of retiring one day in a nice country, jetsetting every now and then but are driven to work hard to support their family.

5. What if a poor college student or backpacker from America and living on a tight budget, with less than 2000 dollars in his/her bank account, came to the Philippines? Would locals assume that all his/her cash is EXTRA cash that they don't need too? Do local Filipinos not know that college students and backpackers are usually on a very tight budget?


A lot of Filipinos don’t know who is rich and poor in America, even I, I don’t have any knowledge as to who is poor and what it takes to qualify as poor in your country and I think by Filipino standard your poor is still richer than our poor or our middle class. Just simply tell the locals I AM NOT RICH I, AM AS POOR AS YOU ARE for the message to go straight to them.

It's hard to believe you are not a Filipino-American. Have you ever posted on PinoyExhange forums? Many Filipino Americans post there. It's the largest Pinoy forum in the world.


I am a native Filipina, never lived outside the Philippines and No, I don’t have a single post on Pinoy Exchange, like I said I am just a simple Filipina living in a remote place in Mindanao.


--
I just want to tell you this Winston, once and for all. Decent, intelligent, good middle class may not be that snobby as you think, it is just that as far as dating goes we are not used to cold approach, right from the very start we are taught not to talk to strangers.
In cases that we do, we are always on the lookout of what kind of a person are you, are we safe when with you?

Also, our biggest fear is sex, we might be in the generation when virginity does not matter anymore but instinctively we still view sex with some amount of sanctity on it and subconsciously think we would end up cheap and used like a rag if we fall into sex right away. Foreigners have a long-standing bad image that you are here and are after only of sex coupled with some controversies like the Subic rape case and with the recent statement of your Ambassador to the Philippines which even if he retracted but already called Philippines as a sex tourism country, it would not surprise you that we are on our guard the moment someone approaches us.

Another thing also is you look like a Filipino-Chinese. Fil-Chinese here at times are worst than AW. They are known to be rich but the most stingiest creatures in the Philippines, Fil-Chinese don't let their sons marry an average filipinas.

Lastly, this might be a myth but we still hold on to what we believe with man being a hunter by nature. He likes the thrill of the chase and if a prey is chasing him, the hunter loses interest very quickly. A man will always hunger after what seems to be out of his reach and he will value that which he sacrificed a lot to gain. If you got us too easy, the thrill is gone and you start looking elsewhere. So that’s why in a very real sense we have this “pakipotâ€￾ hard-to-get attitude sometimes which is instilled by our mothers in our mind right from the very first moment she feels we’re infatuated with the opposite sex. I am talking here about the Filipinas with standard that seems impossible for your reach according to your rants.

Have a heart and a love and make it more abundant than your testosterone and I know for sure you’ll find a decent, intelligent, beautiful pinay out there... :wink:
Last edited by filipina on Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
filipina
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:24 am

Postby green1976 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:33 pm

chanta76 wrote:Winston,


"I've already explained all that. Russian women were 1000 times more approachable to me. But only a few women took me seriously. Most of them "blew around like the wind" and were flighty. But it was a lot of fun flirting with them and getting attention. Couldn't you tell from the videos you saw?

Russia is not that safe. The people are also the stingiest I've ever met. After a while, you just get tired of it. "


Actually this statements hurts the image of Russia. I mean why would I invest my time to go to Russia if the girls are flaky as you stated and are really stingy.

What gives? So what if Russian girls are approachable but they do not take you serious. It's like you are implying that they have a fake friendliness to you.


Russian women?haha lol lol
I don't even give a penny on that one..having seeing them in Thailand and the way they behave..there's has to be one of the most antipathetic women to be with.

They think their shit don't stink,and because some of them are the typical blonde blue eyed tall chick ,it's a free ride to take the role as a princess.
Well,they wouldn't surpass the famous AW and related but it's not a difficult task to be better than them.

The"they are better at home"i don't buy so much of it.
Russia and Russian ladies are quit overrated in my opinion, when some random men want to escape the treatment he gets from AW.
Good luck for taking this direction.

Each to their own..but give me any day(even a gold digger type) one from SEA,particularly Thailand and Cambodia.
green1976
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:24 pm

Postby Dogboy86 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:12 am

filipina wrote:Note: please don't be confused, sometimes I used FILIPINO word to mean filipino and filipina in general, a man or woman living in the Philippines by term is called Filipino. thanks

You're welcome. Also keep in mind that the average IQ in the Philippines is 86. How can you say that the literacy rate is 93 percent? How do you know that isn't just exaggeration from school administrators in order to make their school look good?
Also, how can 93 percent literacy be true? What counts as being literate exactly? I mean, if you go out on the street and ask if they know what "hypothetically" or " theoretically" means, you will find that hardly any Filipino knows those words.


Afaik, you already commended me for this on your previous post saying “ Most middle class Filipinas I've met don't use facts or logic when they argue.â€￾

I have already defined what basic literacy is according to the link that I have also provided in my previous post. I have not made it up nor some school made that claim, there are a lot of links/studies that say so just google it up but if you find those majority≠right, then there’s nothing I can do and I refuse to further argue with this one, we are all entitled to our opinion so I respect yours.

Why do you give so much fuss on the word “hypotheticallyâ€￾ or “theoreticallyâ€￾ as a sign of great intelligence, do you even use this on a day-to-day basis? Hello... Winston, English is not our mother tongue go anywhere else where English is only a secondary language and see if they also use such words on the street. Do you want to hear things like:
GF: hey, Winston honey hypothetically, if I am going to cook this rice and fish we will have food for breakfast. Winston: yes hon, go ahead and do it. GF: But you know Winston honey, I only know how to cook theoretically!

Seriously, I have been to Singapore recently, and while like the Philippines, English is one of their official languages I find it hard to communicate English with the taxi drivers and even their tour guides having difficulty pronouncing English. Bottomline is, not because one does not know much of the superfluous, complicated English words let alone use it on a regular speaking basis does not automatically mean his iQ is below average because really acquiring an extensive vocabulary is one of the largest challenges in learning a second language. Filipinos/Filipinas not exempted.

Ok then tell me this then:
- Why don't Filipinos commonly say "I'll bring you a pasalubong" too? Why isn't that part of the culture? Why have no Filipinas said that to me?


I would like to understand really the kind of Filipinas/Filipinos that surround you because for me really it’s a normal thing to hear such, “don’t forget my pasalubongâ€￾ and at the same time “what do you want me to bring you for a pasalubong.â€￾ I wish you have read the link I posted on my previous post about what is a Pasalubong because I really wanted to let you understand the basic concept of it. FYI, it is our tradition, directed for US Filipinos, a lot of Filipinas may have told you or asked for a Pasalubong because maybe they already feel you are part of their life and considers you a friend , the thing is we practiced it, IT IS FOR US FILIPINOS, and I have yet to hear a single Filipina/Filipino who has a complaint about this. Again, it does not have to be fancy and you are not obliged, it is for your own free will to give or not to give. If you are stingy and count every single centavo then just turn a blind eye and a deaf ear the next time you hear someone asking you.
There may not be a single Filipina who says she will bring you a Pasalubong because there’s none from your circle right now who travels a lot or has the money to afford buying you things.

- How come Filipinos (lower and middle class), don't invite me to their barbecues or dinner parties, unless I'm paying for it all? Other foreigners have told me the same thing. If you were a foreigner, maybe you'd understand and be shocked at how people treat you, with no consideration for your budget. You can't deny that that's rude.


Unless, there is an occasion average Filipino family don’t usually have parties. If for some reason your Filipino friend is throwing a b-day party and you’re not invited then that’s the time you should think that there’s something really wrong with you.

A foreigner may not always get the chance to be invited if for example, the host may be reluctant because of the foods he’s preparing (we tend to be cautious on serving food to foreigners because of fear that we will cause you stomach ache) or it may be that he’s ashamed you will just be left out like a fish out of water because the crowd don’t seem to speak English well enough. It will be a torture for the host to see his guest uneasy so to not spoil the fun they might just not invite you.

Or maybe it could be just the hypocrisy running in us, middle to upper class tend to loathe those who resort to dating site for the poor women to escape from poverty but in truth we secretly want to snatch out our neighbour’s handsome foreign boyfriend.

- If you claim that Filipinos are as much givers as well as takers, then explain this: How come if you buy an American or British woman an expensive gift, they will usually say, "I'm sorry I can't accept this. I simply don't reciprocate your feelings toward me, so it wouldn't be right for me to accept this gift. I don't want to feel like I owe you something". But a Filipina will usually say, "Wow! That's for me? Thanks!" with a smile and look of glee, even if she isn't into you or doesn't like you in a romantic way? Even if the gift costs half of all your money, they will still gladly accept it. Doesn't that show that they have no pride or honor? Even a middle class girl I met from Couchsurfing.com in Manila, who is a fashion magazine writer, told me that Filipinos don't usually have "honor or pride", not the way Americans do. They just do whatever they want and don't really care." She also said that there is not really a middle class in the Phils, but I forget what her reasons were. Here is her picture that I took. She looks very classy and educated, doesn't she?


Different people have different perceptions on things and situations, for us you would not give someone a gift if it’s not within your budget. A gift for us is a language of love because who‘s on his right mind who will give gifts to the enemies? Perhaps there are but it will be a snake or a bomb. Ladies normally received gifts from suitors and it’s just sooooooooo normal for us to receive gifts from suitors regardless of feelings involved, we even have a saying “to refuse an offer/gift is a great insult.â€￾ Okay, you can take this as a taker mentality but it is just the way it is for us, women are pampered, part of our men wooing us. But mind you, I don't think a Filipina will ask you to buy her expensive things, we are not hard to please.


Overall, Filipinas definitely prefer receiving more than giving. The pattern for that is quite clear. Do you still deny that? Every foreigner I've met report the same observation. Do you deny this out of logic or out of pride?


Like it or not, it is already a part of us, although I have to disagree with the taker mentality only because the basic concept of it all were geared towards us Filipinos, it has only evolved to include foreigners who, in one way or another become a part of us already. You can’t understand because you don’t grow up as one of us same with I can’t understand the addiction of your people to Binlang.

We have a lot of different ways and traditions but I guess it’s what makes our world a very interesting and lovely place to live, a place where we constantly explore our different traits and characteristics (not just bodies :P). If we all have the same way of life what a boring world it would be, right? We live in a world where there is an endless dichotomy of good and bad, and sometimes we can’t choose only one side so we are left but to accept the whole package.

Nice. But apparently you only know the official version of things.
It looks like you've bought the reasons that were given to the public.


Well, you said that Filipinas don’t know the WW2 history so now at least you know that we do know the history even if let’s say what you think I know is from the official version of things. :P

Well Phil Health only pays 30 percent to 50 percent of the hospital bills. But poor families cannot even afford to pay half of their bills, especially if it involves expensive surgeries. A lot of their relatives in America are in debt or they become selfish and decide to keep all their overseas earnings to themselves, right?
What about my second question? How come 99 percent of Filipinas claim to have no money and can't even afford a meal at McDonalds, and need someone else to treat them? If that's so, then how do all the stores, malls and restaurants stay in business? That doesn't add up. Who are all the Filipinas I see in supermarket check out lines who open their wallet and have big wad of cash to pay for things? Is this a conspiracy, or a Twilight Zone mystery? Why are Filipinos so uncomfortable about talking about this?


When my father was still running our little town we often have poor coming to us for medicines, hospital bills, and even coffins so aside from PhilHealth for indigents funded/subsidized by the government, politicians have social funds in cases of the ones I mentioned above for their poor constituents.

A typical Filipino Family has one or more relative working abroad. Remittances sent by OFWs contribute to our country's economy, that’s why we call them modern heroes of our lives. There are about 11 million overseas Filipinos estimated count worldwide or about 11% of our total population working and providing for their families back here. Why? Because we are poor and we want to uplift the standard of living for our dear ones and this is because we have this so-called...Ahhh ... mmmm...how do you call this...
tadang! uhhhm.. giver mentality? :P

About the McDonald thing, you are just exaggerating it. Maybe you are just very stingy..hehe

Ok I promise I won't show your pics or profile to anyone then. You can just PM me your profile link on there. I'm curious to see what you look like. I'm sure you're cute though.


Let me weigh if I will give it to you or not. I am undecided right now, but if ever that I submit to your will, don’t ever publish me or else I will lead the women here for a revolt.. haha.. :lol:

Why do you dig this forum? Because all the anti-Filipino posts mad you made? Or you enjoyed reading the insight here? This is unusual, because most girls are not interested in this site because there's nothing in it for them. Plus Asian women usually hate reading long articles, that's what they tell me when I send them one of my articles.


As I said, I was just trying to snoop around here. Let's just say it was a serendipitous thing for me to be here and thank you for that.

Anyway, you are really refreshing and a rarity too. So I'm glad you are here.

Thank you.

1. Why do most Filipinas say, when you tell them they are maganda, "Oh I'm not that maganda. There are many other maganda girls here"?


Out of humility or shyness plus we’re brainwashed for our heads not to get big if someone is complementing us...so to moderate we sort of pass the glory to others.

2. How come when you ask a Filipina about her sister and if she's good looking, she always says, "Oh my sister is much more maganda than me", even if it's not true?


Picture this out, I had a cousin who was introduced by our Aunt to her American fellow worker. It was the first time for my cousin and the guy to meet personally, she was 33 back then and I was 25. By western standard I look more beautiful than my cousin and younger, while my relatives were preparing to fetch the guy they had asked me not to come out of the room unless my cousin and the guy were something into a romantic mood with each other already, I sort of get the idea that there might be a transfer of affection that is going to happen if the guy sees me (although, it was just some kind of my relative’s paranoia) so I practically avoided the guy like I have some kind of leprosy and ended emphasizing that my cousin is beautiful and not me.

3. If Filipinas who make a modest income, are glad to help put their relatives by giving them money, aka "loans", then what's the point of make a higher income than others, if you have to give all your "extra" money away? Ever think about that?


Dang! there you again...that’s just the giver mentality in us.. :P

4. Why do Filipinas, when they ask for money, never ask first if you can afford it, or if you are on a budget? What is the reason for assuming that ALL your money is extra money that you don't need? They act as if you are a foreigner or Filipino American, then ALL your cash is extra cash, and if you lose 10,000p, you still have the same amount in your bank, as if 100,000p minus 10,000p = 100,000p, as if money were a bottomless well. I don't get that. Have I misunderstood something?

Wise people save money and don't throw away all their "extra" money (people don't really have extra money unless they are a millionaire"). It's much wiser to save money, or else you'll regret it. Don't you agree?

So are we expected to give away free money to people, until we are broke? And what if we go broke? Do Filipinas still assume that all our money is extra? Why don't they ever ask? Why don't they ever take that into account? I can't comprehend this. Can you?


Admittedly, this is one sad reality, Filipinos tend to believe that every white is rich, mainly because a lot don’t get the actual value of dollar vs peso. The 1-dollar to 40+ pesos is misleading a lot especially the poor, our one peso can only buy us one candy compared to your one dollar, $1 in peso term that’s a loottt of pesoses so they automatically think every white man/women out there is rich and that if you exchange your money with ours you have a lot to spare.

Filipinos earning modestly ALWAYS have extra money to spare for their family. Wise Filipinos will give their relatives investment so they can stop giving them regularly and stand on their own.

If we are broke then we don’t give anything, no one is forcing us to give - it’s innate within us to give to our families you can’t understand this perhaps but for us it where we find most contented, most happy if we can make our family happy.

Regular Filipinos don’t usually work with the aim of retiring one day in a nice country, jetsetting every now and then but are driven to work hard to support their family.

5. What if a poor college student or backpacker from America and living on a tight budget, with less than 2000 dollars in his/her bank account, came to the Philippines? Would locals assume that all his/her cash is EXTRA cash that they don't need too? Do local Filipinos not know that college students and backpackers are usually on a very tight budget?


A lot of Filipinos don’t know who is rich and poor in America, even I, I don’t have any knowledge as to who is poor and what it takes to qualify as poor in your country and I think by Filipino standard your poor is still richer than our poor or our middle class. Just simply tell the locals I AM NOT RICH I, AM AS POOR AS YOU ARE for the message to go straight to them.

It's hard to believe you are not a Filipino-American. Have you ever posted on PinoyExhange forums? Many Filipino Americans post there. It's the largest Pinoy forum in the world.


I am a native Filipina, never lived outside the Philippines and No, I don’t have a single post on Pinoy Exchange, like I said I am just a simple Filipina living in a remote place in Mindanao.


--
I just want to tell you this Winston, once and for all. Decent, intelligent, good middle class may not be that snobby as you think, it is just that as far as dating goes we are not used to cold approach, right from the very start we are taught not to talk to strangers.
In cases that we do, we are always on the lookout of what kind of a person are you, are we safe when with you?

Also, our biggest fear is sex, we might be in the generation when virginity does not matter anymore but instinctively we still view sex with some amount of sanctity on it and subconsciously think we would end up cheap and used like a rag if we fall into sex right away. Foreigners have a long-standing bad image that you are here and are after only of sex coupled with some controversies like the Subic rape case and with the recent statement of your Ambassador to the Philippines which even if he retracted but already called Philippines as a sex tourism country, it would not surprise you that we are on our guard the moment someone approaches us.

Another thing also is you look like a Filipino-Chinese. Fil-Chinese here at times are worst than AW. They are known to be rich but the most stingiest creatures in the Philippines, Fil-Chinese don't let their sons marry an average filipinas.

Lastly, this might be a myth but we still hold on to what we believe with man being a hunter by nature. He likes the thrill of the chase and if a prey is chasing him, the hunter loses interest very quickly. A man will always hunger after what seems to be out of his reach and he will value that which he sacrificed a lot to gain. If you got us too easy, the thrill is gone and you start looking elsewhere. So that’s why in a very real sense we have this “pakipotâ€￾ hard-to-get attitude sometimes which is instilled by our mothers in our mind right from the very first moment she feels we’re infatuated with the opposite sex. I am talking here about the Filipinas with standard that seems impossible for your reach according to your rants.

Have a heart and a love and make it more abundant than your testosterone and I know for sure you’ll find a decent, intelligent, beautiful pinay out there... :wink:






+ 1 and then some... ;)
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"!!!
Dogboy86
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:09 pm
Location: Safford, Az.

Postby davewe » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:04 am

filipina wrote:Why do you give so much fuss on the word “hypotheticallyâ€￾ or “theoreticallyâ€￾ as a sign of great intelligence, do you even use this on a day-to-day basis? Hello... Winston, English is not our mother tongue go anywhere else where English is only a secondary language and see if they also use such words on the street. Do you want to hear things like:
GF: hey, Winston honey hypothetically, if I am going to cook this rice and fish we will have food for breakfast. Winston: yes hon, go ahead and do it. GF: But you know Winston honey, I only know how to cook theoretically!


Fantastic!!

Winston - I think you and your gigantic 120 IQ are in over your head here - lol.
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Postby steve55 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:50 am

Wow! My filipina, oops, I mean "filipina", really explained a lot of things I thought winston was right about. Her responses have cleared up a lot of things for me about the way Filipinos think. So many misconstrued assumptions Winston and even myself had. Good stuff!
* Member of the Happier Abroad Team and Owner of Global Dating Solution
steve55
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 641
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:40 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Postby cadams84 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:04 am

A concept that seems to have gone over Winston's head. But then, this is a guy who actually likes to be scammed by a pretty woman if it's done with a sweet smile and a (ultimately unfulfilled) promise of sex.


That's all anyone can hope for.
cadams84
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 10:03 am

Postby Winston » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:20 am

Filipina,

Some questions:

Is it true that all Filipinas, even those dating foreigners, deep down prefer Filipino boyfriends? I've also heard that bar girls and poor Filipinas support their Filipino boyfriends, and even use the money her foreign boyfriend gives her to give it to her Filipino boyfriend. Is that true?

If so, I don't understand something. In Filipino culture, the man is supposed to pay. So why would a poor Filipina want to support her Filipino boyfriend? And why would she get a Filipino boyfriend that she has to support? Isn't that to her disadvantage? Furthermore, why would she obey him and let him boss her around, since she's not getting anything from him, but losing money? Isn't that illogical?
Last edited by Winston on Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23615
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:36 am

Rock wrote:
chanta76 wrote:What gives? So what if Russian girls are approachable but they do not take you serious. It's like you are implying that they have a fake friendliness to you.


Excellent point. Winston, why make such a big deal about approachability if it just boils down to 'fake friendliness'?

I think the bulk of guys here are interested in foreign girls they can interact with physically, not just smiles and talkin. We need to find some regular looking Asian guys who've explored the corners of FUS with significant 'oriental' populations and find out whether or not they were able to do any better with women than you were.


I already told you before, I love getting attention from them. It's like a drug I'm addicted to. Even if they're not into me, at least they are giving me the time of day, and a chance to romance or court them. Plus I live for variety, and meeting different girls everyday satisfies that desire. Do you understand now? I've explained this to you many times.

Also, sex isn't the only thing important in life. There is more to life than that. Plus, one can always pay for it, at least to relieve the tension, when one needs it.

Btw, I don't know if I told you this yet, but many Russian girls, even the ones who didn't sleep with me, at least gave me a nice French kiss, so it's not like I didn't get any stimulation. :)
Last edited by Winston on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23615
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:40 am

steve55 wrote:Wow! My filipina, oops, I mean "filipina", really explained a lot of things I thought winston was right about. Her responses have cleared up a lot of things for me about the way Filipinos think. So many misconstrued assumptions Winston and even myself had. Good stuff!


Maybe. She has revealed some things about Filipino mentality. But she hasn't demonstrated why it makes sense or is fair and logical. Also, she hasn't been a foreigner in the Phils, nor has she dated other Filipinas, so she does not understand what foreigners experience. You gotta take that into account. Even though she sounds intelligent, you gotta take that into account.

You gotta also take into account that every expat in the Philippines, or frequent visitor there, agrees with my observation without disagreement. Doesn't that speak volumes?
Last edited by Winston on Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23615
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:22 am

Filipina,
Thanks. It's just that I hate that travel guides lie when they say that the Philippines is a culture where people are fluent in English. That's a lie.

Also, the literacy rate used to be much higher in the 80's. Why has it gone down? Why has educated tanked now? You know this right?

Do you have ANY critical observation about your country? Or are you biased with ethnic pride? Are you objective?

Also, most Filipinos I've met don't speak as well as an American kindergarten kids do. What does that tell you?

How come Filipinos don't ask many questions except "Where are you from? What is your work?"

When a Filipina asks me "How long you stay here?" I can never figure out whether they mean "How long have you been here?" or "How long will you stay here?" And then when I ask for clarification, they can't understand me. lol. Wow how literate they are. lol

Well the Filipinas I've met who do travel, don't offer to give me a pasalubong either. Also, even the Filipinas I've just met and barely know, ask for pasalubong. So how can they consider me "part of them"? Huh?

FYI, mall workers and even nurses that I've flirted with for one minute, reply with "Oh really? I'm maganda? Thanks. Can you get me some take out lunch from Jollibee? I'm really hungry." Huh? Even nurses do that after meeting me for only one minute! Aren't they taking advantage of me? How come they have no shame?

You said:

"Well, you said that Filipinas don’t know the WW2 history so now at least you know that we do know the history even if let’s say what you think I know is from the official version of things."

Regarding knowledge of WWII, you are just ONE girl. One exception doesn't debunk a general pattern. Don't you know that? You are not like the average Filipino. So why do you say that? In contrast, I know LOTS of Filipinas who know nothing about WWII. Some don't even know who Hitler was.

Why do you say: "Unless, there is an occasion average Filipino family don’t usually have parties. If for some reason your Filipino friend is throwing a b-day party and you’re not invited then that’s the time you should think that there’s something really wrong with you. "

Couldn't it just be that they don't care about you and just want to use you, or not want to be seen negatively for dating a foreigner?

Are you claiming that there are no double standards against foreigners in your country?

How do you explain the poverty rate and poor decisions that Filipinos make? You can't blame it all on a corrupt government. The people are to blame too. They often make terrible choices. Why is the out of wedlock birth rate so high? Much higher than in America. Foreigners who give money to Filipino families report that it gets wasted in the stupidest ways. The stories and accounts are endless. Why do Filipinos have an average IQ rate of 86 percent?

"A typical Filipino Family has one or more relative working abroad. Remittances sent by OFWs contribute to our country's economy, that’s why we call them modern heroes of our lives. There are about 11 million overseas Filipinos estimated count worldwide or about 11% of our total population working and providing for their families back here. Why? Because we are poor and we want to uplift the standard of living for our dear ones and this is because we have this so-called...Ahhh ... mmmm...how do you call this...
tadang! uhhhm.. giver mentality?"

When Filipinos in America become Americanized, don't they become selfish and think, "Hey! Why should I give my hard earned money to them? I did the work. They are just lazy. I earned this. They didn't. It doesn't make sense for me to give it away. I need my money for my living expenses here in America! So I ought to save it for me. Doesn't that often happen? If so, then those Filipino families are out of luck, right?

Also, if they keep giving free money to their families, then those families become lazy, right? Also, don't those families feel shameful for taking free money like that? It doesn't feel as good when they get money without earning it, right?

"About the McDonald thing, you are just exaggerating it. Maybe you are just very stingy..hehe"

No I am not exaggerating. 99 percent of Filipinas I've met, do claim to have no money, and need me to pay for everything. Filipino men also say that too. Can you explain that? I'm not making that up. How do businesses stay in business, if 99 percent of people have no money? Why did you dodge my question?

Yes I am kind of stingy. Most Chinese people are. That's partly why they are well off and better in business than Filipinos are. Saving money is a wise thing, unless you are a multi-millionaire. Wouldn't you agree?

But then again, I have no obligation to be generous or free spending, especially to people who don't deserve generosity and haven't done anything for me.

Tell me this: WHY do Filipinos expect me to be generous and giving, while THEY ARE TOTALLY STINGY to me? I'd like to hear you explain that one. Isn't it a HUGE DOUBLE STANDARD?

Also, why is it that Filipinas usually spend all their money as soon as they get it? Aren't such foolish decisions and inability to see long range, one of the reasons why their people are in such shambles and poverty? Why or why not?

Another thing. So are you telling me that if you make $500 a month, while your relatives and friends make only $100 per month, that you are obligated to spend $400 only them, until you are just as poor as they are? Is that logical? Do they forget that people like to save money?

Ok it's true that I am richer than the average Filipino. Ok. But here's the thing. But why do they assume that just because someone is richer than them, that they will give away free money for the asking?! Isn't that a stupid assumption? Just because they are poorer than me, doesn't mean my money is free for the asking. It doesn't mean I don't need to save. It doesn't mean that I like to waste it all. Isn't that a stupid assumption?

Even rich Filipinos and business are stingy too. They don't give away anything for free either. Filipino businesses are especially stingy and count every peso. Some even count every centavos. I'm serious. At the outlet store in Clark, for example, when I was short on 20 centavos (which is 20 percent of one peso), the outlet demanded that I pay have to pay it all. And when I gave them one peso, they did not even return 80 centavos back to me! Isn't that hypocritical? That would never happen in America. Plus they underpay their own employees, even if the business is doing well. So why don't Filipinos call their own business owners "kuripot" but call stingy foreigners "kuripot"? Isn't that lame?

Btw, if I told a poor Filipina that I was as poor as her, I don't think she would believe me, because if I were that poor, I wouldn't have been able to fly halfway around the world.

Thanks for answering these questions of mine that other Filipinos don't like to answer. I hope I've given you some critical insights into your own culture. I hope you've learned something from my questions too. :)

Why don't Filipinos defy their traditions and culture? Why don't think question things and analyze the logic behind them? Why don't they think for themselves?

If I go out to eat regularly at a certain place, such as Sbarro in the mall, why is it that Filipino waitresses always deny it when I tell them that I usually get bigger portions than that? They always reply with, "That's the standard portion size sir." Man, I've eaten there many times, and can tell if the portions are different or not, or if it's cooked in a different way. I'm not stupid. But they always deny anything I've complained about, and give in after I argue about it for a while.

Well I'm sure most people above lower class prefer to date someone of their own social class. This applies to Filipino Chinese and middle class Filipino families.

Check out this educated Filipino's answers to my questions. Do you agree with them?

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8870

How did your English get so good? You sound just like a Filipino American. You must be good with languages.

Thanks again for helping us see the other side. I hope you understand us more too.

I think you'd make a great ambassador. :)
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23615
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:06 pm

Filipina,
Here's what another educated Filipino told me about your replies.

"Hi Winston,

What she said are generally true. You could be surrounding yourself with the lower classes that do view foreigners as a source of income to be exploited. Specially in Angeles where there are plenty of old Brits.and Americans looking for cheap sex. I'm sure that is also the perspective in other developing asian countries like Vietnam and Cambodia.

The female person that you conversed with is a typical educated middle to upperclass citizen just like I am. Perhaps you are impressed because you haven't hung out with those types of people. And I don't blame you since they are mostly located in the business district and are cliquish like you mentioned before. Most foreigners who hang out with the upperclasses usually have a common denominator like work or interest that gave them the opportunity to meet.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android"
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23615
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby C.J. » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:18 pm

Yeah, foreigners mostly come to the Philippines for cheap sex, since they can't handle their own country's dating scene and feel an incredible urge to relieve their sexual desires(according to my research, a lot of males seem to lack a lot of male sex energy, which gets drained from them everyday). A sad fact, thanks to the western demonic reality.

It's great to hear about the country though, from a native face. And even after the western treatment you guys gave her, she STILL manages to be very sweet and patient about everything. Seems like the middle/upper class can be very interesting. And she seems like my kind of gal! :D

filipina, I'd really like to ask about a foreigner's chances meeting higher class girls. Maybe some have asked this already, but are there some common outlets(besides the typical western work+friend culture) to meet them?
C.J.
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:56 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests