Is it really this good in China?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Is it really this good in China?

Post by MatureDJ »

http://beyondjane.com/family/marriage/u ... z12kAzJ8xy

In China, a group of women under intense pressure from their parents and relatives to marry off decided to take their campaign for marriage partners onto the streets, literally taking over some of the subways of in one of Northern Chinese City. The women numbering about 80 stripped to the bare minimum of pants and bras in a procession on the streets with placards reading, “We Are Looking For Men to Marry�.

Many of them approached men and dished out their personal contacts as they sought to strike relationships with potential suitors. Their nude dance attracted thousands of men and it also gained an amazing publicity through out China. Some of them were quite open about the pressures they were being subjected to by their parents and relatives to marry.

In China, the one child policy has created demographic dynamics that have tended to bring about serious gender imbalances which have slowly, began to impact on the Chinese population. Men are scarce commodities compared to the women population. Most of the available men are not in a hurry to marry as they have other national service roles to play while some are occupied in the rigors of studies that take many years to complete. This keeps many women waiting for suitors who are not available and they soon begin to worry when they realize they are aging away without any man showing up.

The nude street dance by the �Crazy Beauties� as these Chinese girls called themselves should instead be an eye opener to the Social experts in China to come out with more enabling policies in these areas. There should be interventions to stop undue pressure by parents on their girls over the issue of marriage because it is a process that starts with falling in love and knowing each other over time. You don’t just go to the streets and get married, do you?
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

I don't get it. I thought that China had an overabundance of Chinese men, due to the selective infanticide of girls. Seems that the men would be killing each other over the few remaining women. Instead the reverse seems to be happening. What's up?
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Don't believe everything you read in the internet. I call bullshit on that article. In the future ...it be chinese men cock blocking each other trying to get the few girls that are around..I also predict that any foreign guys in china hooking up will get a back lash from local chinese men to protect their territorial.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

I think, this only applies to Chinese women that are close to the age of 30 yrs. After, a woman hits 30 yrs., in China, her chances of getting married go down to zero. No marriage, means no grandchildren for the woman's parents, having bastard kids makes a woman lose face so its not a popular option yet. Chinese mom's have a reputation for being rather intense, here's what I mean.

Mother Films Daughter Naked To Help Her Find A Boyfriend
http://www.chinasmack.com/2011/videos/m ... riend.html
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

Chinese women trowing themselves to Chinese men because there's a lack of males..what a joke. :D

As always..make me remind me the typical western articles when we read that men are socially inapt,macho type incapable to understand the feelings of a woman and that ladies have a lot of trouble to find good quality husband.

China has a huge gender imbalance with far away more men than women.
Chinese men go abroad to find a wife,especially to Vietnam.
Things will get harder if this trend continue.

Chinese women,more those who are from the city,are more and more selective when they want to choose their partners and are high maintenance.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Is marrying a foreign women one option to help ease with the gender imbalance? I mean, with all the lonely foreign white women living in Asia, why don't the Asian men look to date them instead?
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

zboy1 wrote:Is marrying a foreign women one option to help ease with the gender imbalance? I mean, with all the lonely foreign white women living in Asia, why don't the Asian men look to date them instead?
The main reason Asian men and Western women don't date each other is lack of physical attraction. When you consider the average Western woman weighs 170 lbs. and the average Asian guy is 140 lbs., it becomes obvious what the problem is. Also, when you throw in cultural differences the attraction between them delines even more.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Western women dont need to go anywhere to find a man, she just need to hit a local pub, flash a bit of a titty or ass and she ll have plenty of options. Imagine how cool would that be if men could do the same.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Taco,

Just saw that clip of the mother filming her daughter . I say watch out to any man that ends up dating that girl or even worst marriage. WHY? the Mother seems to be too involve in her daughter and the daughter looks like she is seeking a sugar daddy than anything else....
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

I think some Asian men do find western white woman attractive. Not all white women are fat ..they are bigger than let say the average Asian women but some white women are attractive. There is a cultural difference but with the younger generation of Chinese men they maybe be more progressive than the previous generation. SO who knows..

The biggest obstacle is that there is a lack of western white women in China to really help at all. At the same time Western white woman still have better option here in the states...why would a western white women want to fly to Asia to look for a man?

Western white girls do OK ..here in America. If there was a lack of men in America..it may force some western girls to seek outside the country but we are far from that.
cadams84
Freshman Poster

Post by cadams84 »

So what this thread is really saying... It is "that" good in China if you don't mind meeting a woman that is age 30 and up?I have looked at some of these Chinese ladies in their 30's and 40's on these dating web sites. Many of them look very very good for their age.