I think I'm ready to move

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
newlife
Freshman Poster

I think I'm ready to move

Post by newlife »

Is there anyplace on planet earth where a guy can live on $500 a month anymore? Sad, the cost of living is so high these days. It's killing me. :(

I think I'd be homeless in america, no gf, life would suck baddd. At least here I can have a roof over my head, but it's getting harder.

Is Cambodia/Vietnam decent these days? I'm trying to avoid the tourist areas so as to not get ripped off.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

Is there any places on planet earth where a guy can live on $500?
Of course they are..the question is what country and in what conditions.

It's possible to live in Thailand having that amount of money but i wouldn't want to do this, unless i was totally fed up at the maximum here in France.

Me too,being in the middle of my 30's, i start more and more to want to change my life decisively.

I could not sustain a living,even for half of the year in Thailand with let's say 2000 euros per month,so i plan to restrain on my budget and stay there with around 1200 euros per month.

Still i could go down and reasonably lower my needs to 700 euros per month.
Some times i'm totally fed up here,i can't not stand anymore the sightseeing,the people,their social values.

The only realistic action to do at the moment,besides keeping in good health and making money,is to learn Thai so i could easier meet Thai people outside the touristic venue.

By this way,i would be more prepared to avoid loneliness even in a remote place where Thai people speak few English.

The same problem arouse for anyone who want to live with little in any country.
Learn the language so you could approach the locals condition.

Cambodia look cheaper than Thailand but at what cost regarding infrastructure,quality of living?

In the countryside in Thailand,most inhabitants get along having 200 to 300 dollars per month.
Do i want to live like them and been so frugal?
Being a westerner and having few money is also not an easy task..we are still expected to have quit a good amount of it.

If i really want,reaching the point of being so f***ing disgusted and wanting to f**k off the maximum of time per year,i could go there,having a girlfriend would help,and live on with 500 euros for the month.

Let's say 600 euros adding the ticket cost 600 euros,that would mean 2400 euros for 3 months.
I would add numerous others minors cost and add let's say 300 euros.

It would be 2700 euros for 3 months or 900 for 1 ...i can have 400 euros per month as unemployment help and speculate with that, coming back after 3 months for not losing it that would put me to find 1500 euros.

Working,and living like a monk,i could make this amount of money in 2 months and could stay in Thailand for around 6 months per year.

When i will be able to handle Thai language at a good level,being possible to speak easily,i would take this road to find a place quit cheap to live and stay as long as i can.

The 6 months per year will be realistic,if the economical situation here doesn't become totally catastrophic.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I'm liking the Vietnamese women I see on AsianDating.com, but my Chinese ex gf tells me Vietnam is not safe. Oh well, be careful if you end up there.

China is cheap for accommodation and eating, but only if you're not paying the Western man price for things. But other stuff isn't that cheap. I wanted to buy my gf some fancy shoes but to be honest I could have got a better deal in the UK.

My current Chinese gf earns $500 a month. Yeah, you can have a basic lifestyle in Asia on that. But remember if you get sick the hospital costs money, and when she got her computer stolen that was another big chunk of money gone.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.