Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

May visit Cebu soon, need advice from those in the know

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby filipina » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:17 pm

Welcome to the Philippines soon and good luck Rock and davewe..I sincerely hope you would not turn out like unhappyinmanila.

p.s.
from the airport if no ones picking you choose the airport taxi instead of the metered one, it's more safe. Good luck.
filipina
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:12 pm

The airport taxi is a ripoff. I've had no problems with metered taxis. Sure they might want a tip, but if so, 50p would make them happy.

I heard there was a bus at the Manila airport. I've never seen where it runs from. But people swear there is one. Anyone know about that?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby filipina » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:32 am

Winston wrote:The airport taxi is a ripoff. I've had no problems with metered taxis. Sure they might want a tip, but if so, 50p would make them happy.

I am talking of the safety, there are a lot of rude and opportunistic taxi drivers they even connive sometimes with robbers.

Shuttle buses are for airport to airport transport, they are queued at the arrival lobby.
filipina
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:34 am

Rock, so how is Cebu? I heard you were there now. When will you give us a trip report?

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Rock » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:51 am

Winston wrote:Rock, so how is Cebu? I heard you were there now. When will you give us a trip report?

Just been here about 24 hours so far. I will say more after I spend a few more days. It takes a bit of time to get an impression about a place.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:16 pm

Rock,
Where are you now? What happened? What about your trip report for Cebu?

Winston
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand