May visit Cebu soon, need advice from those in the know

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
filipina
Freshman Poster

Post by filipina »

Welcome to the Philippines soon and good luck Rock and davewe..I sincerely hope you would not turn out like unhappyinmanila.

p.s.
from the airport if no ones picking you choose the airport taxi instead of the metered one, it's more safe. Good luck.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The airport taxi is a ripoff. I've had no problems with metered taxis. Sure they might want a tip, but if so, 50p would make them happy.

I heard there was a bus at the Manila airport. I've never seen where it runs from. But people swear there is one. Anyone know about that?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
filipina
Freshman Poster

Post by filipina »

Winston wrote:The airport taxi is a ripoff. I've had no problems with metered taxis. Sure they might want a tip, but if so, 50p would make them happy.
I am talking of the safety, there are a lot of rude and opportunistic taxi drivers they even connive sometimes with robbers.

Shuttle buses are for airport to airport transport, they are queued at the arrival lobby.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock, so how is Cebu? I heard you were there now. When will you give us a trip report?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Rock, so how is Cebu? I heard you were there now. When will you give us a trip report?
Just been here about 24 hours so far. I will say more after I spend a few more days. It takes a bit of time to get an impression about a place.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock,
Where are you now? What happened? What about your trip report for Cebu?