Travel Q&A's about China

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Falcon wrote:I've heard that hooking has moved over to the Foshan area now. Almost all the massage places you see in Guangzhou are now actual massage places, many of which have blind massagers.

Honking and driving motorcycles have also been prohibited in Guangzhou.

Dongguan is still notorious as a "sin city" though, as well as being the "sweatshop capital" of China. Plenty of people I've met in Yunnan and Guizhou have recently returned from factories (sweatshops) in Dongguan, a result of the current global economic crisis.

Xiongmao focuses on savvy urban Guangdong women, and I've had great experiences with simple small-town / rural Yunnan women. We might swap stories to get an even more complete picture of dating ladies in China. :D And Winston, get out of Las Vegas and into China so you can have a blast with the rest of us!
Dongguan is famous for it's whores. So if that is what you want go there instead. Barbershops and bath houses have that too.

Going to other places that are more conservative and rural, creating a trail of broken hearts and tears, will get you either beat up, thrown in jail, or deported. Sometimes all 3. Real talk! I bullshit you not.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

kai1275 wrote:
Falcon wrote:I've heard that hooking has moved over to the Foshan area now. Almost all the massage places you see in Guangzhou are now actual massage places, many of which have blind massagers.

Honking and driving motorcycles have also been prohibited in Guangzhou.

Dongguan is still notorious as a "sin city" though, as well as being the "sweatshop capital" of China. Plenty of people I've met in Yunnan and Guizhou have recently returned from factories (sweatshops) in Dongguan, a result of the current global economic crisis.

Xiongmao focuses on savvy urban Guangdong women, and I've had great experiences with simple small-town / rural Yunnan women. We might swap stories to get an even more complete picture of dating ladies in China. :D And Winston, get out of Las Vegas and into China so you can have a blast with the rest of us!
Dongguan is famous for it's whores. So if that is what you want go there instead. Barbershops and bath houses have that too.

Going to other places that are more conservative and rural, creating a trail of broken hearts and tears, will get you either beat up, thrown in jail, or deported. Sometimes all 3. Real talk! I bullshit you not.
Where is Dongguan? How do you find whores? Aren't they discreet?

How do you know about the last thing you said? Has it happened to you? lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Dongguan is half-way between Guangzhou and Shenzhen. I know a girl who lives there. She's a 10 in my eyes, but I don't trust her a bit.

Nothing good came out of Dongguan apart from iPods and other stuff. I've passed through it on the train a couple of times, there's very little there of any interest.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... -City.html

And yeah, it would be nice to back up the previous poster's points with hard facts. I never heard of foreigners getting beaten up over this. Usually foreigners date the unmarriables and their parents are glad that somebody is interested in them.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

I forgot where I read about it, but some dude went around making promises to several girls in a more rural/smaller city area, just to f**k the girls, and the parents of the girls called the police and reported him. He ended up getting his visa revoked and all kinds of stuff.

If you did not know this, China is not like the west or even Taiwan. The actions of a few laowai can spark a conflict with all others in the area. You will surely piss off the fellow expats if you cannot behave yourself properly there. Smaller cities are different from big ones. Get yourselves some guides so that you avoid drama and issues if you want to just find girls to f**k around with. They will point out the KTVs, the bath houses, barbershops, hotels, etc. that have "xiaojie" for you.... Or click on Xiongmao's link and look for stuff like that picture. Some of those places are obvious.

In the end it's up to you guys. Just thought I would give you a heads up. "Where" is sometimes more important than "how", when it comes to China.
falcon garson
Freshman Poster

Re: Travel Q&A's about China

Post by falcon garson »

Winston ! I think Beijing and Shanghai are better options and there are lots of things to do and see. I must say buddy don't miss to visit the famous temples of Beijing and Great Wall of China.

I need to about grand canyon tours from phoenix as i wanna go there.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Link to research cities in China that you're interested in:

http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/

Subway maps of Shenzhen and Guangzhou that you can download:

http://www.travelchinaguide.com/images/ ... -metro.jpg

http://www.travelchinaguide.com/images/ ... subway.gif

This is the kind of place you want to go to meet girls cause a lot of them hang out there. Girls like seasides and riversides, so they flock there. Great place for cold approaches and pick ups. lol

http://www.travelchinaguide.com/attract ... -river.htm
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Wow. Old post but...

... yeah I was right, nothing good came out of Dongguan except for the cheese dog I bought at an American style hot dog store there.

If I went back to China I'd spend more time with a big map looking lost, then wait for cute girls to ask me if I'm lost (which I wouldn't be).
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Alepeno
Freshman Poster

Post by Alepeno »

This looks something quite informative and useful as well. I mean all of you guys have shared really massive stuff about China. I have been explored that incredible country and it was just so amazing for me to try all these sort of places, I have sent quality time there as well and it would be great to try that once again in my life. Surely like always that will be nice for me.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

I forgot where I read about it, but some dude went around making promises to several girls in a more rural/smaller city area, just to f**k the girls, and the parents of the girls called the police and reported him. He ended up getting his visa revoked and all kinds of stuff.

If you did not know this, China is not like the west or even Taiwan. The actions of a few laowai can spark a conflict with all others in the area. You will surely piss off the fellow expats if you cannot behave yourself properly there. Smaller cities are different from big ones. Get yourselves some guides so that you avoid drama and issues if you want to just find girls to f**k around with. They will point out the KTVs, the bath houses, barbershops, hotels, etc. that have "xiaojie" for you.... Or click on Xiongmao's link and look for stuff like that picture. Some of those places are obvious.

In the end it's up to you guys. Just thought I would give you a heads up. "Where" is sometimes more important than "how", when it comes to China.
This should be carved in stone.

The only thing I disagree with is going out to seek KTV's, Bath houses etc - if you are a westerner with no local wingman - the chances of 'drama' escalate massively.

I live in a city in the middle of China with 5 million people and six foreigners - there is a huge street here full of whorehouses - if I wanted to get robbed and beaten up in short order - it would be the first place I would go to.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Anyone here familiar with Langfang? I may apply to a foreign language school there. It seems like a nice city, except for the air pollution-it's rated among the top 10 Chinese cities with the worst air pollution.
El_Caudillo
Freshman Poster

Post by El_Caudillo »

I haven't been specifically to langfang...but if we are talking about the one in Hebei it's virtually within greater Beijing...not too far from the sixth ring road. That position might not be bad at all. You could go to Beijing a couple of times a month...so it would stay fresh and interesting. Langfang is likely to be cheaper and not overrun by foreigners. Check that where you are working is not surrounded by an industrial hellhole though. I couldn't handle living in some of the industrial development districts around there.
Even Billy knows that, just ask Mr S!
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

El_Caudillo wrote:I haven't been specifically to langfang...but if we are talking about the one in Hebei it's virtually within greater Beijing...not too far from the sixth ring road. That position might not be bad at all. You could go to Beijing a couple of times a month...so it would stay fresh and interesting. Langfang is likely to be cheaper and not overrun by foreigners. Check that where you are working is not surrounded by an industrial hellhole though. I couldn't handle living in some of the industrial development districts around there.
I've heard that all of Hebei is polluted. I'm worried that the air pollution might be too much for me.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Hero wrote:Anyone here familiar with Langfang? I may apply to a foreign language school there. It seems like a nice city, except for the air pollution-it's rated among the top 10 Chinese cities with the worst air pollution.
Ha ha ha, Google "Langfang" and see that smog in the photo next to the Wikipedia excerpt.

Guangzhou was pretty bad but it was mostly due to traffic. Wuhan was somewhat smoggy but when I travelled through the countryside it was worse - I think it was from coal fired power stations or crop burning.

The problem with the North is the cold weather makes lingering coughs and colds more likely. I went to Shanghai in January 2012 and I finally shook off the cough I acquired there in April :shock: .

I would keep looking - if you want to teach in schools it's so easy to find jobs, I've only had difficulty because I only want to teach in Universities in the South and there aren't so many of those opportunities. Also I don't have much experience teaching. I did get offered some school jobs in Guangxi and Yunnan - both are pretty clean provinces and the women there are top notch (if you're interested in dating).
El_Caudillo
Freshman Poster

Post by El_Caudillo »

If you don't mind a coldish winter, I'd recommend Dalian. Beaches, green hills, modern, some culture, pretty girls...not too polluted. Also I don't think it's a city Western expats are flocking to?
Even Billy knows that, just ask Mr S!