What do you all think of Vietnamese Women?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

What do you all think of Vietnamese Women?

Post by xiongmao »

Hi all,

Has anyone here dated Vietnamese women? I've dated Japanese and Chinese women, but I'm starting to wonder if I'm in the right country. Check out the Vietnamese women on AsianDating.com. They seem way hotter than the Chinese!

I have met some good Chinese women. However, there aren't many perfect 10's on Chinese Love Links. It tends to be women who can't find men in China, i.e.
  • Divorced women.
    Fat women (we'd call them curvy, Chinese men call them fat).
    Women who are only marrying because their parents want them to.
    Toxic women no Chinese man would go anywhere near :twisted: .
    Career girls (usually geeky looking, and have left it late to have babies).
    Money lookers.
I've really struggled to find more Chinese women to meet. But I looked on Asian Dating and fell in love four times on just the first page of matching women :oops: .
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

I'll just put it this way..the vast majority of foreign brides in Taiwan are Vietnamese. It's some ridiculous number like 3x as many Vietnamese brides as any other nationality. Taiwanese men really like slender, small waisted women, with light skin and pretty faces so I suspect a LOT of Vietnamese women have these features. Just based on the Vietnamese-American girls I knew in CA they all met this criteria.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Dating Vietnamese Women

Post by Bao3niang »

I'm very interested in living in Vietnam and dating Vietnamese ladies (although I'm still young). Being a Chinese-Canadian dude with Chongqing / Sichuan / Hubei ancestry, I want to know from you guys what Vietnamese girls look like, behave like, and what are their values....

Also can any1 recommned good websites for dating SEA women (specifically Thai and Vietnamese)? Thx
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 14th, 2020, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I've dated one Vietnamese girl. She was hot but I met her just before the hassle of having to do my visa run and it fizzled out.

Try Vietnam Cupid but if you're on the ground try just chatting to girls or using mobile apps.

Thai Love Links is good for Thais but, I dunno, most of the best girls I've dated in Bangkok haven't actually been Thai!

I'd like to check out Vietnam at some point - is anyone from HA there?

The biggest problem with 'nam is that it's rife with scams and scammers, plus there are a few other quirks that can catch you out. And it rains a lot - it usually gets the tail end of the typhoons that hit the Phillies.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

Different people come away with different opinions.

I found Vietnam to be less scammy than Thailand, Laos and Cambodia. Several Vietnamese people told me that the Vietnamese do not like the Chinese.

I wasn't chasing tail, but the young women there impress me as good, traditional people. Vietnamese are friendly and seem to be interested in getting to know you. If you are a fluent English speaker then you can converse with girls just based upon that. Development of English language skills is a path to a better life for them.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

I know the primry reason that Vietnam is unfriendly towards China/Chinese people is the dispute over the Spratly Islands in the South China Sea, but ain't that the affair of governments?

How patriotic/nationalistic are Vietnamese people in general? (i.e. being easily stirred by negative sentiment towards another country/people)
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

(If you're in China, you might not be able to see these without some "special tools.")

(1) The Singaporean solution: now half-price!

(2) It's the Taiwanese solution too:

(3) Being fluent in other languages greatly helps, as indicated by the cheesy narration.

(4) And it all ends happily ever after:

(5) But you may have to deal with wacko in-laws like this:

anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Re: Vietnamese women

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Bao3niang wrote:I'm very interested in living in Vietnam and dating Vietnamese ladies (although I'm still young). Being a Chinese-Canadian dude with Chongqing / Sichuan / Hubei ancestry, I want to know from you guys what Vietnamese girls look like, behave like, and what are their values....

Also can any1 recommned good websites for dating SEA women (specifically Thai and Vietnamese)? Thx
Go to Vietnam before you marry Vietnamese. You'll get a better idea of how Vietnamese women are and how they can be by visiting Vietnam than asking people to tell you. If you're going to get married, a trip or two is probably worth it.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

What are the places recommended for living/dating in Vietnam?

I only know Hue, Hanoi, and Saigon (HCMC). :))) plz suggestions
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

If you like Laos and Yunnan, China, try northern Vietnam.

If you're used to hanging around overseas Vietnamese and want to dig deeper, definitely go for southern Vietnam. Also, most Vietnamese brides in Taiwan are from around Can Tho in southern Vietnam. Can Tho is famous for its floating markets.

The Central Highlands and the northern borderlands are mostly made up of ethnic minorities.

You can get a 1-month ($20) or 3-month ($30) single-entry visa pre-approval letter from:
http://www.myvietnamvisa.com/

This is only available via air arrival.

Once you have your pre-approval letter, then you have to pay $45 USD in cash at the airport. They take Vietnamese dong too, but prefer US dollars.

I'll be stopping by Vietnam next year. :D
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

You have to be a bit cautious in Vietnam these days

http://news.asiaone.com/News/The%2BNew% ... 602/2.html
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

That's a weird article. Heck I'm interested in young educated women. Ideally women from a self-sufficient family. These businesses selling Vietnamese certified virgins sound pretty messed up. Just the whole damn process seems wack. I saw a video on it on youtube awhile ago and I'm not impressed. I actually felt sorry for the women a bit as they were treated like meat. LOL if a feminist saw it her head would probably explode.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

To be honest at this point I don't know any Vietnamese people yet, so if I go there, where would be good to start for my social / dating life? North or South?
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

I just read the article, and paying $7,000 or $10,000 for a bride is pretty frightening to me, and inheriting the woman's family problems is also not a good situation at all.
So as someone else in this post pointed out, I would prefer Vietnmaese women (or women from anywhere in SEA) that come from families capable of supporting themselves.

The article also mentioned Vienamse dislike towards Singaporean men, but I'm Chinese-Canadian.

Is it easy to find well-educated (not in terms of degrees, but knowledge / abilities) Vietnamese women nowadays? What do they like in a man as compared to the notoriously difficult "??" (white collar) class in China?