Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Why are white expats in Taiwan going to the Philippines?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Rock » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:56 pm

Winston wrote:Repatriate,
I could use your logic and apply it to America too, and say: "Only nerds and losers think AW are unapproachable. Cool hip people have no trouble meeting and dating AW." But so what? It doesn't change the fact that they aren't that approachable, as we all agree here. You are arguing with no substance. The fact is, the guys here do not like the superficialities required to break into cliques. That's why we go abroad.

We all know that to have a social life in the US, you have to break into closed social cliques. It's the same in Taiwan. That dynamic in TW is the same as in the US. But the bottom line is that women aren't very approachable in either country. That's the basic fact. I never said that no one can get dates in TW. Neither have I ever said that no one can get dates in the US. So what are we arguing about? Are you being subjective in defending your ethnic TW national pride? I sense you have a bias here and are not totally neutral on this issue.


You're talking out of your ass. In your mind, something is a fact if you believe it and state it as such. You have virtually no direct experience approaching women in Taipei. All u know is what third parties tell u. Believe what you want. But you're hardly qualified to speak with certainty as some kind of authority. You're like a professor who teaches business but has never even run a lemonade stand.

Did I meet my dates, physical encounters, and gfs through cliques? No, not many of them. I scored more than half on cold approaches. Same goes for many of my friends. How many cliques were we members of when we went to Taichung. If what you say is a fact, how were we able to pull that off? Do u have amnesia? Re-read those threads and look at the photos. Also, re-read my thread on approaching Taiwan girls. There are other posters who've had some success w/out cliques and another one who PMed me recently.

Yes Taiwanese and some foreigners will tell u about how closed and un-approachable Taiwanese are. But if you just closed your ears, got out of your parent's basement, went out w/out chaperons, and hit some spots in Kaoshiung, Taichung, and Taipei, perhaps you would observe a different dynamic. Today's club scene in Taipei is full of pick-ups and easy sex. During the daytime, more decent types can be found if you search and knock on doors. Who does this apply too? Many average and better Joe westerners up to 35 or so for one. It's also great for many ABCs and certain types of local guys.

If you find yourself out of the loop, just face the fact that for whatever reasons, most Taiwan girls just don't dig u Winston. So they treat u like shit when u approach them. U look like some pervy wanker to them, lol. No biggie though cus you're getting great attention from their mainland sisters. HA is about finding the right countries for your own case. Take off your subjective binoculars and realize that Taiwan may have great dating potential for certain guys who are not part of any cliques. The way u write about Taiwan reminds me of the way Lad writes about Thailand. You're both very extreme in your views which are shaped by emotionally charged personal failures. When considering the direct experiences of others, you discount those which contradict your own views and emphasize those which are in line. Get over yourself already and get your ass on the next plane to China.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4115
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm







Postby Seeker » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:25 pm

Winston wrote:Up yours asshole. You are just taking cheap shots at me. FYI, when I was 17-18 and worked in Taiwan and stayed there for a year, the girls would not talk to me either and ignored me if I said anything to them. My looks isn't the problem you idiot. The problem is that Taiwan girls don't like talking to strangers. I've said that a billion times already, and everyone agrees. It's a unanimous observation so you might as well take it as fact. I don't know even one sincere down to earth honest person who claims "Taiwanese girls are very open with strangers and very approachable." So I am right. No one disagrees. I never said that no one could get girls in Taiwan. People do. I'm just saying they are cold and ignore strangers and nowadays guys complain that they are flaky divas that you can't rely on who disappear at any moment, almost as flaky as American girls are.


Actually I regret saying that, it was a totally unnecessary personal dig. However, Rock has a point in that it's not the approachability to strangers that matter but the attraction factor. How many guys met their partners by cold approaching them? Especially in the daytime, most women don't want to be bothered. Even in nightclubs cold approaches aren't the most effective way to meet a woman. You're better off either waiting to be approached or waiting for an IOI and then approaching, it's like that everywhere.
Seeker
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:46 pm

Postby ph_visitor » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:30 am

ladislav wrote:Also, Filipinas are so much sexier than Chinese/Taiwanese.


This is EXACTLY the kind of comment that is 100.00% counter to my experience.

I live in China.
I am visiting the RP.
Filipinas sexy? I don't think so.

Really, L. Who are you looking at? Where? The women I see in Luzon, Batangas, Manila, the airport, Sabang, Mindoro would not be described using that adjective.

What you guys see and what I see are not even on the same plane of existence.
ph_visitor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:13 am

Postby Repatriate » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:54 am

ph_visitor wrote:
ladislav wrote:Also, Filipinas are so much sexier than Chinese/Taiwanese.


This is EXACTLY the kind of comment that is 100.00% counter to my experience.

I live in China.
I am visiting the RP.
Filipinas sexy? I don't think so.

Really, L. Who are you looking at? Where? The women I see in Luzon, Batangas, Manila, the airport, Sabang, Mindoro would not be described using that adjective.

What you guys see and what I see are not even on the same plane of existence.

Standards of attractiveness are just different for some people. There's general trends but some guys want to slip it into as many soft warm holes as they can no matter looks. I get the feeling a lot of western guys are attracted to short brown asian women though. Basically some guys are looking for the stereotype to f**k. SE Asia provides plenty of women that are like this.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby ph_visitor » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:55 am

Repatriate wrote:Standards of attractiveness are just different for some people. There's general trends but some guys want to slip it into as many soft warm holes as they can no matter looks. I get the feeling a lot of western guys are attracted to short brown asian women though. Basically some guys are looking for the stereotype to f**k. SE Asia provides plenty of women that are like this.


But this difference between what I see and what you guys write/wrote is so different, and the standards so far apart, that I can only describe what you guys have written as:

1) A lie
2) Huge delusion on your part
3) Permanent beer goggles you are wearing

There are different standards of attractiveness for some people.
Then there is referring to ugly women as 'sexy' or beautiful.
The latter is just not within 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' territory.
It's simply not telling the truth.
ph_visitor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:13 am

Postby Rock » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:19 am

ph_visitor wrote:
Repatriate wrote:Standards of attractiveness are just different for some people. There's general trends but some guys want to slip it into as many soft warm holes as they can no matter looks. I get the feeling a lot of western guys are attracted to short brown asian women though. Basically some guys are looking for the stereotype to f**k. SE Asia provides plenty of women that are like this.


But this difference between what I see and what you guys write/wrote is so different, and the standards so far apart, that I can only describe what you guys have written as:

1) A lie
2) Huge delusion on your part
3) Permanent beer goggles you are wearing

There are different standards of attractiveness for some people.
Then there is referring to ugly women as 'sexy' or beautiful.
The latter is just not within 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' territory.
It's simply not telling the truth.


In my case, your preachin to the choir. I warned how short dark and ugly are adjectives which go hand-in-hand with Filipinas many moons ago. Your bad for not paying more attention.

Now that you've made your observations on PI so abundantly clear - ugliest girls on earth, very expensive relative to PRC, why don't u post about China and other more positive Asian countries u have experience in???
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4115
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby ph_visitor » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:36 am

Rock wrote:Now that you've made your observations on PI so abundantly clear - ugliest girls on earth, very expensive relative to PRC, why don't u post about China and other more positive Asian countries u have experience in???


I will after my holiday.

I will be on a boat tomorrow and traveling the next day.

The Republic of the Philippines:
ugliest girls on earth, very expensive relative to PRC (and Hong Kong).


Yep.

I would also add, massively over-rated. Hugely over-rated. Unbelievably over-rated.
ph_visitor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:13 am

Postby Repatriate » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:15 pm

ph_visitor wrote:
Rock wrote:Now that you've made your observations on PI so abundantly clear - ugliest girls on earth, very expensive relative to PRC, why don't u post about China and other more positive Asian countries u have experience in???


I will after my holiday.

I will be on a boat tomorrow and traveling the next day.

The Republic of the Philippines:
ugliest girls on earth, very expensive relative to PRC (and Hong Kong).


Yep.

I would also add, massively over-rated. Hugely over-rated. Unbelievably over-rated.


Tell us what we don't know already. :lol: Some of us have made these observations directly or indirectly for years now.

The PI has some pretty good diving spots though especially if you want to see thresher sharks or learn tech diving for a reasonable price. I will visit PI sometime within the next few years just for diving. I'll probably go to Angeles or Cebu for shits and giggles but my expectations for both cities are rock bottom based on what i've learned from expat Filipinos, Winston's experiences, and my own research.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby Repatriate » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:25 pm

ph_visitor wrote:But this difference between what I see and what you guys write/wrote is so different, and the standards so far apart, that I can only describe what you guys have written as:

1) A lie
2) Huge delusion on your part
3) Permanent beer goggles you are wearing

There are different standards of attractiveness for some people.
Then there is referring to ugly women as 'sexy' or beautiful.
The latter is just not within 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' territory.
It's simply not telling the truth.


Who is "you guys" ? It's probably half and half. There are long term pro PI posters on here like Ladislav, Davewe and Outwest. It seems to meet their standards. I won't argue with that because I do understand that Filipinas are very easy going personality wise. Some guys have probably found a specific niche there that meets their lifestyle. Perhaps some guys just like the Philippines primarily for this and the physical part is a distant second.

The other half doesn't care much for PI.

I have known many Filipinos abroad and in the U.S. throughout my life. I feel that I have a pretty good grasp of the culture without ever visiting there. It's pretty obvious to tell what you were getting into so I don't see why you're so surprised.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby Keyser » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:58 pm

As far as the OP, there is no way to second-guess someone else's reasons for preferring pinays over other asian ladies... Filipinas do give great GFE, but are also the most jealous of all asian women... Plus, once they get their claws in you, they don;t let go easily as you are most likely their meal ticket...

From my own experience, the variety of cultural differences between the various SEA asian nations, coupled with socio-economic and geo-political factors weighs heavily on whether a place is favorable for hunting women... The more affluent the society, the harder a foreigner will have to work to be accepted and is directly linked to the quality of women you can expect to show interest... The poorer the country, the more we foreigners appear to the a savior and financial benefactor...

As far as comparing Manila and Taipei, there is no comparison... Manila is a giant shithole with Makati and Ft Bonifacio being the only places with close to western standards, along with very high prices for everything from rents to women... Hunting women in Manila is like shooting fish in a barrel... Most of the time all you have to do is go to a mall, sit and have a cold beverage and watch the world go by... Before long you will have women hitting on you of all ages... In Taipei you have to work it...
Keyser
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:31 am

Postby Winston » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:11 pm

Hey all,
Get this. My friend Sean that I mentioned in this thread is here in Angeles City now from Taiwan. He knows Rock too and met him before after I introduced them. Like Rock, he is white and a long time resident of Taiwan and speaks fluent Mandarin. The other day, he met up with me and Rock, and told Rock that he found Taiwan to be very isolating like the USA, and Taiwanese women to be very unapproachable. He also said that if he could find a way to make a living in the Philippines, he would much rather live here than in Taiwan. Remember, this is a decent looking white guy, like Rock, who is educated and has a good job too.

Now get this: Sean told us both about his French lawyer friend in Taipei who made a lot of money and had a high status job, but couldn't get any dates in Taipei at all. So now this friend of his is coming to Angeles City to "release his inhibitions" finally. Whoa!

Rock was shocked and stunned when he heard that. His jaw dropped too. I saw a look of bewilderment in Rock's eyes when he heard that, as though his bubble burst. I think Rock is beginning to accept the truth about Taiwan now that he's heard similar complaints from so many sources, even to his face. Or at least he is admitting that Taiwan is nothing like it used to be.

I did get Rock to confess IN PERSON that he was highly biased toward Taiwan and not that objective about it. Now he seems to be accepting the truth. But his filtering of the truth was definitely there before. So anyway, I definitely was NOT wrong about Taiwan after all. Nor was I crazy. Rock tried to make me out to be a madman, which I was NOT. But it was wrong for him to portray me as one when I was right all along.

Sean and I both agree that Taiwan is boring and socially isolating. The only active social groups that I see there are comprised of mostly foreigners and a few Westernized Taiwanese, which is typical. In fact, this Asian American girl I know in Taipei is losing her mind there after being stuck there for so long and is desperate to leave, but doesn't have the means.

Clearly, Taiwan is ABSOLUTELY NOT the paradise Rock made it out to be. I don't understand why he did that, or why he seemed to mislead people.

To Rock:

You and I may have different experiences, but don't you think it was a bit misleading for you to tell others that Taiwan is a wonderful fun positive place for the vast majority of foreign men? Wasn't that way presumptuous and misleading? What was your basis for that anyway? It never made any logical sense nor had any valid basis. Also, sometimes you also seem to enjoy saying things that you know aren't true just to be argumentative, even without basis. I've noticed that pattern in you and others. It's an annoying personality quirk and leads to unnecessary arguments and debates. I mean I can find little exceptions in every rule too and try to use them to debate every observation, but that would be stupid because I prefer to see the big picture. The bottom line is that citing little exceptions does NOT change general patterns and truths.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23568
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby momopi » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:56 pm

It's said that for every 10 gaijin that goes to Japan (for study abroad or teach English or ?), 3 will have a great time and great social life, 4 will have a so-so or mediocre time, and the other 3 will strike out, think the place sucks and want to go home.

The 3 that had a great time thinks they're the greater majority, and doesn't understand why the bottom 3 are having a sh*tty time. The bottom 3 that had a crappy experience also thinks that they're the greater majority. They seek out people who have similar experience to justify their own success, or lack of it.

The truth is that everyone may have a completely different experience, and until you go and experience it yourself, you won't know if you'd have a good time or not. People who want to argue over this online are a complete waste of time. Just because someone else had a good or bad experience does not mean that you would. Just because a place was good/bad 10 years ago does not mean that it's good/bad today. Those looking for "guaranteed" experiences may proceed directly to P4P destinations.

The better advice to give is that if you don't like what you see, vote with your feet and WALK. Immigrants do this every day.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4706
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:44 am
Location: Orange County, California

Postby Rock » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:21 am

Winston wrote:Hey all,
Get this. My friend Sean that I mentioned in this thread is here in Angeles City now from Taiwan. He knows Rock too and met him before after I introduced them. Like Rock, he is white and a long time resident of Taiwan and speaks fluent Mandarin. The other day, he met up with me and Rock, and told Rock that he found Taiwan to be very isolating like the USA, and Taiwanese women to be very unapproachable. He also said that if he could find a way to make a living in the Philippines, he would much rather live here than in Taiwan. Remember, this is a decent looking white guy, like Rock, who is educated and has a good job too.

Now get this: Sean told us both about his French lawyer friend in Taipei who made a lot of money and had a high status job, but couldn't get any dates in Taipei at all. So now this friend of his is coming to Angeles City to "release his inhibitions" finally. Whoa!

Rock was shocked and stunned when he heard that. His jaw dropped too. I saw a look of bewilderment in Rock's eyes when he heard that, as though his bubble burst. I think Rock is beginning to accept the truth about Taiwan now that he's heard similar complaints from so many sources, even to his face. Or at least he is admitting that Taiwan is nothing like it used to be.

I did get Rock to confess IN PERSON that he was highly biased toward Taiwan and not that objective about it. Now he seems to be accepting the truth. But his filtering of the truth was definitely there before. So anyway, I definitely was NOT wrong about Taiwan after all. Nor was I crazy. Rock tried to make me out to be a madman, which I was NOT. But it was wrong for him to portray me as one when I was right all along.

Sean and I both agree that Taiwan is boring and socially isolating. The only active social groups that I see there are comprised of mostly foreigners and a few Westernized Taiwanese, which is typical. In fact, this Asian American girl I know in Taipei is losing her mind there after being stuck there for so long and is desperate to leave, but doesn't have the means.

Clearly, Taiwan is ABSOLUTELY NOT the paradise Rock made it out to be. I don't understand why he did that, or why he seemed to mislead people.

To Rock:

You and I may have different experiences, but don't you think it was a bit misleading for you to tell others that Taiwan is a wonderful fun positive place for the vast majority of foreign men? Wasn't that way presumptuous and misleading? What was your basis for that anyway? It never made any logical sense nor had any valid basis. Also, sometimes you also seem to enjoy saying things that you know aren't true just to be argumentative, even without basis. I've noticed that pattern in you and others. It's an annoying personality quirk and leads to unnecessary arguments and debates. I mean I can find little exceptions in every rule too and try to use them to debate every observation, but that would be stupid because I prefer to see the big picture. The bottom line is that citing little exceptions does NOT change general patterns and truths.


This is what Sean told me about his white French lawyer friend. The guy is 31, fluent in Mandarin, Harvard grad and had a decent lawyer job until recently. He was working a cute NTU student (I think 21 or 22) on FB but when she found out his age, she immediately said no-way and blocked him. I've always claimed that Taiwan is not an older man's country but I thought that was a bit excessive. In my experience, a guy like that would be at least acceptable or even desirable to majority of young local girls given his education and career. But perhaps this guy has personality issues or does not look that great (from a Taiwanese perspective). I could say more if I met him.

Sean also told me that the French guy had lived in Taiwan 7 or 8 years earlier and had done very well with local women that first time. He told Sean that Taiwan (Taipei) was much much better back then for him, that he had a much easier time with the girls. So could it be that Taipei circa 2013 has deteriorated relative to 2005 on that metric (ease of attracting and dating desirable young Taiwan females for a foreigner like him)? Or is it mainly because he is older now and perhaps more jaded?

The only 2 or 3 guys I know of who came to Taipei as a result of my postings were happy with it and told me so. I have PM and email evidence to back this up. But nobody has ever complained to me about misleading them regarding Taiwan. I firmly stand by all my posts on Taipei and Taiwan. And have made the risks and caveats very clear including the possibility that it may be getting worse.

Yes, I am personally biased in favor of Taiwan, for practical reasons. Although I've spent considerable time in many areas of the world, I've had more luck in attracting and dating young girls I find attractive or better in Taiwan than any other country I've been to. My dating life went from virtually nil to very fruitful as a result of just one plane trip from Chicago to Taipei. Perhaps you have somewhat similar sentiments towards Russia. Difference for me is that I took it a lot further and enjoyed the fruits for a much longer time.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4115
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby Winston » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:55 am

momopi wrote:It's said that for every 10 gaijin that goes to Japan (for study abroad or teach English or ?), 3 will have a great time and great social life, 4 will have a so-so or mediocre time, and the other 3 will strike out, think the place sucks and want to go home.

The 3 that had a great time thinks they're the greater majority, and doesn't understand why the bottom 3 are having a sh*tty time. The bottom 3 that had a crappy experience also thinks that they're the greater majority. They seek out people who have similar experience to justify their own success, or lack of it.

The truth is that everyone may have a completely different experience, and until you go and experience it yourself, you won't know if you'd have a good time or not. People who want to argue over this online are a complete waste of time. Just because someone else had a good or bad experience does not mean that you would. Just because a place was good/bad 10 years ago does not mean that it's good/bad today. Those looking for "guaranteed" experiences may proceed directly to P4P destinations.

The better advice to give is that if you don't like what you see, vote with your feet and WALK. Immigrants do this every day.


That's a good point Momopi. But where do those stats come from, since most people who did not enjoy a culture would not openly say so due to the taboo of political correctness.

And also, how do you know if the three who say they had a great time really did? As you know, many people always say that "everything is great" even when it isn't, because that sounds more cool. That's what most of the Couchsurfing people and everyone on the Travel Channel does. Apparently, politeness and positivity are more important than truth and honesty, according to the rule of political correctness.

In social groups, when you ask a question like "How is Taiwan?" you are expected to say "It's good. Very nice." Even Sean will say that if asked directly. Last time he said that, I added "Nice, but very boring as well." to which he nodded.

Also, why do you think everyone has a different experience? What's the cause of that? It can't be all about looks, because Sean is a decent looking white guy like Rock. But he tells it like it is and is more no-nonsense about Taiwan, whereas Rock acts like a diplomat trying to sugar coat everything about Taiwan, which he admits to.

Also Momopi, don't you think it's presumptuous of Rock to insinuate that the vast majority of Western guys will vibe with Taiwan and fit in easily and pick up chicks easily? After all, we all know that Taiwan is NOT an inclusive society, but a very cliquish one. No one disputes that. And very insular and hard to connect with too. And we all know that Taiwanese, like Japanese, have cold eyes and do not make eye contact, particularly in the case of young women unfortunately. So Rock's presumption that most people can easily fit in here is like "against the waves and current" isn't it? Especially when Sean says that Taiwan is just as socially isolating and uptight as North America.

Also, Rock's earlier statement above about the "easy pick up scene in Taipei" sounds completely bogus and based on no data. Very strange. As even you know Momopi, Taiwan is not an easy pick up scene at all. I'm sure even Rock knows that. So I don't get why he would use those words. It's very bizarre and definitely untrue as well. Logic says that if there was an easy pickup scene in Taipei, then no expats would need to come to SE Asia.

Even Sean admitted that Taiwanese girls are better looking than Filipinas, but they are just too cold and unapproachable and difficult. The uptightness I speak of radiates around them in their vibe and body language. Obviously, if they are not approachable, then it's not an easy pickup scene. So I don't get why Rock would admit to that, yet say the opposite. Sometimes he just likes to play with people's heads it seems.

Even Ginger, who has spent a lot of time with Rock, has said that sometimes, Rock will start an argument or debate her on something just to have something to argue about. Often there is no basis for it. He just enjoys playing devil's advocate and getting a reaction out of people. It seems to be an integral part of his personality. I don't get why some people do that. It seems like a waste of time. But apparently, Rock does that more with her than with me for some reason. Around me, Rock is mostly calm and cool.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23568
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby ryanx » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:18 am

I find a lot of Taiwanese girls very attractive physically...after nearly 5 years here I have not lost a single atom of my yellow fever. BUT the problems are language, culture and age.

It is a VERY difficult dating environment. The Chinese culture (with a somewhat Japanese flavor here) simply does not mix well with other cultures. It is not an inclusive or including culture. I think one of the reasons the great majority insist on using English with foreigners (Westerners and perceived Westerners and not their servants, maids and work horses from other Asian countries) is a kind of psychological wall they put up to not mix.

This is all pervasive and the girls feel the pressure too, even if they try to resist it. You never ever see foreigners (the few that are here) mixing freely and comfortably with the locals, laughing, joking, bantering.

I feel my presence always makes people a little bit stressed, uncomfortable and agitated (or maybe it is just me lol) very few act just relaxed and normal.

This kind of atmosphere is not exactly conducive to picking up girls.

If you add in the lack of language proficiency and age to mix (as is my case) then the prospects start diminishing. It is a shame really, because the girls here are so damn hot! but their culture, psychology, small island mentality, repressed sexuality and their fascination with all things superficial...all combine to deny you access.

Ce la vie.
ryanx
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:08 am

PreviousNext

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 2 guests