Why Taiwan Girls Are The WORST in Asia - Closed, Cold, Soulless, Repressed, Bland, Empty, Spoiled, Shit Social Skills

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Taiwan Girls - The WORST personality! Closed, Cold, Soul

Post by Winston »

Rock,
Btw if you think about it, wasn't it foolish for you to try to argue that anything in Taiwan is bigger or equal to China? I mean look at the map man. Lol. Taiwan is a friggin island. Its PUNY compared to China. Everyone knows that. So obviously, things in China are gonna be bigger. Duh. The parks, restaurant meals, restaurant menus, etc are all gonna be bigger in China. Its to be expected of course. Trying to compare them is like a mouse arguing with an elephant about size. It would look silly.

Texas is famous for the slogan "everything is bigger in Texas". Just order a burger or BBQ meal there and you will see. Ask Steve Neese. He's from Texas. Now do you think a small state like Vermont is gonna have a slogan like that? Lol

The point is, it was foolhardy for you to argue size when it comes to Taiwan vs China. Obviously you did it because of your devils advocate personality trait. Not because it was logical or factual. You let it get the best of you. Do you see what i mean now? When you take devils advocacy to the extreme, it can make you look foolish, as if you are arguing for the sake of arguing. Not because of fact or logic.

This to me is a flaw, because if you place your devils advocate inclination ABOVE logic and reason, then it becomes a NEGATIVE and a DEFECT. Agreed? Comprende?

Anyway, even the largest parks in Taiwan are not gonna compare to the parks in China. Look up the sizes on wikipedia and you will see. You definitely lost this debate for sure. Just like you were wrong when you predicted that Hillary would win. Lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
El_Caudillo
Freshman Poster

Post by El_Caudillo »

I never spent much time in Shenzhen, so I can't really comment. Taipei does have good hiking that can be reached using the subway though. The whole Elephant Mountain region is vast and has a great range of trails. I once saw an eagle up there which I thought was pretty cool. Hong Kong has some good hiking too, as does Dalian on the mainland. I'd say the worst place is Shanghai - there are some good parks, but to reach any real nature in that part of China takes ages - even Beijing is better with the hills to the North-West. My assessment of walking the streets of Mainland cities vs Taiwanese cities is the following - on the Mainland I wonder what is going to happen next, in Taiwan I wonder what I'm going to do next;)

By the way Winston I never got bitten by mosquitos in Taiwan, but they murdered me in Indonesia, so don't go there!
Even Billy knows that, just ask Mr S!
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Rock,
Btw if you think about it, wasn't it foolish for you to try to argue that anything in Taiwan is bigger or equal to China? I mean look at the map man. Lol. Taiwan is a friggin island. Its PUNY compared to China. Everyone knows that. So obviously, things in China are gonna be bigger. Duh. The parks, restaurant meals, restaurant menus, etc are all gonna be bigger in China. Its to be expected of course. Trying to compare them is like a mouse arguing with an elephant about size. It would look silly.

Texas is famous for the slogan "everything is bigger in Texas". Just order a burger or BBQ meal there and you will see. Ask Steve Neese. He's from Texas. Now do you think a small state like Vermont is gonna have a slogan like that? Lol

The point is, it was foolhardy for you to argue size when it comes to Taiwan vs China. Obviously you did it because of your devils advocate personality trait. Not because it was logical or factual. You let it get the best of you. Do you see what i mean now? When you take devils advocacy to the extreme, it can make you look foolish, as if you are arguing for the sake of arguing. Not because of fact or logic.

This to me is a flaw, because if you place your devils advocate inclination ABOVE logic and reason, then it becomes a NEGATIVE and a DEFECT. Agreed? Comprende?

Anyway, even the largest parks in Taiwan are not gonna compare to the parks in China. Look up the sizes on wikipedia and you will see. You definitely lost this debate for sure. Just like you were wrong when you predicted that Hillary would win. Lol
That's not a valid comparison though. The Philippines is much bigger than Taiwan both in area and population. Yet Metro Manila has but a tiny fraction of the park space you can find in Metro Taipei.

Taipei's parks and park areas huge to my eyes. Have you ever been to the Damsui River and journeyed from Bitan all the way to Tanshui. My ex often rides the bike trails from one to the other and it's over 30 km. All along the path which cuts through west central Taipei are abundant park areas. It's not like you hike for miles and miles anyway. Even a center city park like Da An Forrest Park is more than sufficient for you needs and mine too. Nearby Taiwan Uni campus is even larger and a great place to run, bike, stroll, eat, or even cold approach students lol.

I don't get your obsession with how huge the parks in Shenzhen are. They still are not nearly as user friendly for about any type of recreation as the ones in Greater Taipei. I've been to Shenzhen a few times and find the place to be rather frustrating and mind boggling. It's not nearly as easy to get around, get information of any type, or get something done. Luohu is a mess that I hated. Just ask Summer. Shekou is more civilized but still quite boring. When I asked Summer about places to visit, everything she told me about was anywhere from 45-90 min away from train station area where we were.

If it wasn't for the rain and scooters, Taipei would be an almost perfect place to live. It's developed like the USA but without the multi-culturalism, ghettos, angry vibe, exorbitant health care costs, and in your face feminism. And overall it's about as cheap as Bangkok or Metro Manila.

Shenzhen is still a rather bizarre place to me with some of the same common sense and practical flaws you find even in countries like Philippines. Those types of things annoy me to no end it seems.

I don't need approach strangers but if that's your thing, you actually did a fair amount of it yourself last time in Taipei. As for girls, get one somewhere else like China, Vietnam, or Philippines and bring her there for the best of both worlds.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

El_Caudillo wrote:I never spent much time in Shenzhen, so I can't really comment. Taipei does have good hiking that can be reached using the subway though. The whole Elephant Mountain region is vast and has a great range of trails. I once saw an eagle up there which I thought was pretty cool. Hong Kong has some good hiking too, as does Dalian on the mainland. I'd say the worst place is Shanghai - there are some good parks, but to reach any real nature in that part of China takes ages - even Beijing is better with the hills to the North-West. My assessment of walking the streets of Mainland cities vs Taiwanese cities is the following - on the Mainland I wonder what is going to happen next, in Taiwan I wonder what I'm going to do next;)

By the way Winston I never got bitten by mosquitos in Taiwan, but they murdered me in Indonesia, so don't go there!
Yes, that's a good point. If you combine the mountain areas directly accessible by MRT, the parks (you can even reach Danshui by MRT), the bike trails, and the campuses, Winston could easily get enough exercise, hiking, and various forms recreation including swimming and hot springs to last him hundreds of lifetimes. So I don't get his obsession with Shenzhen having parks that are dozens of square miles making it somehow superior for leisure. Infrastructure, convenience, and user friendliness are a huge factor and whether or not you understand Mandarin, I think Taipei wins hands down in the bigger picture.
El_Caudillo
Freshman Poster

Post by El_Caudillo »

In terms of measuring space in mainland China I always use the following example. Take a 747 and fill it with mainland Chinese leaving but one seat free - that seat is for you. Fill another plane with a different group - in this case lets use Taiwanese. Now which of those planes do you want to get on? Which will seem more crowded? Which will be louder? On which will more people be bumping into you? Remember both planes have the same number of people on board.

I think Mainlanders get a bit too much stick from Hong Kongers and Taiwanese...then again I wouldn't really want to be on that first plane!

If Winston likes Shenzhen, good for him in that I imagine it has a lot of opportunities for making money and meeting women. I didn't find Shenzhen aesthetically pleasing when I was there. My own mainland experience was mainly in Shanghai and Dalian. In terms of architecture both of those cities are more interesting than Taipei. The bike trails in Taipei are great and with the Ubike system you don't even need your own bike - I don't think they have that in China...I lament the old days of Beijing when everybody was on a bike.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:
Winston wrote:Rock,

That's not a valid comparison though. The Philippines is much bigger than Taiwan both in area and population. Yet Metro Manila has but a tiny fraction of the park space you can find in Metro Taipei.

Taipei's parks and park areas huge to my eyes. Have you ever been to the Damsui River and journeyed from Bitan all the way to Tanshui. My ex often rides the bike trails from one to the other and it's over 30 km. All along the path which cuts through west central Taipei are abundant park areas. It's not like you hike for miles and miles anyway. Even a center city park like Da An Forrest Park is more than sufficient for you needs and mine too. Nearby Taiwan Uni campus is even larger and a great place to run, bike, stroll, eat, or even cold approach students lol.

I don't get your obsession with how huge the parks in Shenzhen are. They still are not nearly as user friendly for about any type of recreation as the ones in Greater Taipei. I've been to Shenzhen a few times and find the place to be rather frustrating and mind boggling. It's not nearly as easy to get around, get information of any type, or get something done. Luohu is a mess that I hated. Just ask Summer. Shekou is more civilized but still quite boring. When I asked Summer about places to visit, everything she told me about was anywhere from 45-90 min away from train station area where we were.

If it wasn't for the rain and scooters, Taipei would be an almost perfect place to live. It's developed like the USA but without the multi-culturalism, ghettos, angry vibe, exorbitant health care costs, and in your face feminism. And overall it's about as cheap as Bangkok or Metro Manila.

Shenzhen is still a rather bizarre place to me with some of the same common sense and practical flaws you find even in countries like Philippines. Those types of things annoy me to no end it seems.

I don't need approach strangers but if that's your thing, you actually did a fair amount of it yourself last time in Taipei. As for girls, get one somewhere else like China, Vietnam, or Philippines and bring her there for the best of both worlds.
It is a valid comparison. Why is Texas known for large sizes but not Vermont or Delaware? Lol. Manila and Taipei have no real parks. You dodged my question. Show me a real park in Taipei that is accessible by MRT. I asked you earlier.

Damsui is a coastline area. Yes ive been there in 1990. It may have some parks spread out. But im talking about a real park like you see in US suburbs or NYC or China or Russia. Taipei doesnt have those.

Daan forest is not enough to suit my needs. It has nothing but benches. No grass for picnics. No big lawns. No prairies. No lakes to ride boats in. Did you see the lake i rode a boat in with summer in shenzhen? That was in litchi park. It wasnt that crowded. There were crowded areas and quiet areas. Both. You and el caudillo are making up a fiction that chinas parks have little free space. That is FALSE. Why do taiwanese souls like you make up false facts about china? Weird! Taiwanese always do that.

Chinas parks are user friendly. The trails are labeled and the trails are easy to follow and maintained. I dont see where you get that. How is a park not user friendly? Have you been to lianshan park in shenzhen? Its the biggest one and you could get lost there, especially at night when there's no people.

I do hike for miles. I did so in Utah and Arizona. Go there and you will see. I have photos of it. You need to do a Southwest tour sometime. Ive hiked in california too. I can hike for hours in redwood forests. And i hike a lot in Washington state. Bellingham, WA has wonderful hiking and nature and fresh air. Come on man.

Im not obsessed with parks. I just find it strange that you are arguing size when it comes to puny Taiwan and China. You are like a mouse arguing with an elephant. Lol. It looks foolish. Why dont you just admit that im right? Its obvious and a no brainer.

If you like coastline and bike trails, zhuhai next to macau has long coastline trails, longer than damsui. So again you lose. Lol

Taipei is not perfect. The vibe there is uptight and negative and not open or fun. Theres no energy to feed off of. Its not vibrant. Ask zboy or ethan_sg. Energy and vibrancy are important. Taiwan is one of the worst for that. It has a negative vibe that suffocates and cripples me. It doesn't allow me to be myself. It makes me feel weak. Like poison or toxic radiation. The people have this negative, repressed, self loathing vibe that destroys my dopamine in my head. Thus theres no happiness for me. Taiwan probably has the WORST vibe in Asia.

Its hard to believe you ever went to Shenzhen rock. You dont describe it accurately at all. And you exaggerate its flaws. You dont mention any of the pros of shenzhen. There are great restaurants, authentic Mexican food, late night restaurants that Taipei doesnt have, bigger shopping areas, etc. Much more to see and do than Taipei for sure, even as a tourist.

Rock did you go to little china in Shenzhen? It has shows and exhibits from 56 chinese subcultures. Did you go to happy valley? There are upscale outdoor malls too, like in southern california, with a romantic ambiance at night, perfect for couples. I forget the name of it.

Why you always talk about shekou? Shekou is a residential area. Not a tourist area. Its in the southwest corner of shenzhen on the green subway line. Theres nothing there except to go to sea world and see the big cruise ship there and nice restaurants.

The malls there are also very upscale like KK mall, the mix c, cocopark and many other malls. The malls in Shenzhen are way bigger than in Taipei and more numerous too. Theres no comparison. Are you gonna debate that too rock? You are debating the impossible.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
El_Caudillo
Freshman Poster

Post by El_Caudillo »

I hope and pray that we get a report from you directly from Shenzhen - that would vitalize both you and this forum.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:
El_Caudillo wrote:I never spent much time in Shenzhen, so I can't really comment. Taipei does have good hiking that can be reached using the subway though. The whole Elephant Mountain region is vast and has a great range of trails. I once saw an eagle up there which I thought was pretty cool. Hong Kong has some good hiking too, as does Dalian on the mainland. I'd say the worst place is Shanghai - there are some good parks, but to reach any real nature in that part of China takes ages - even Beijing is better with the hills to the North-West. My assessment of walking the streets of Mainland cities vs Taiwanese cities is the following - on the Mainland I wonder what is going to happen next, in Taiwan I wonder what I'm going to do next;)

Yes, that's a good point. If you combine the mountain areas directly accessible by MRT, the parks (you can even reach Danshui by MRT), the bike trails, and the campuses, Winston could easily get enough exercise, hiking, and various forms recreation including swimming and hot springs to last him hundreds of lifetimes. So I don't get his obsession with Shenzhen having parks that are dozens of square miles making it somehow superior for leisure. Infrastructure, convenience, and user friendliness are a huge factor and whether or not you understand Mandarin, I think Taipei wins hands down in the bigger picture.
Hundreds of lifetimes? Rock what are you smoking? Taipei is puny. You can see all the major areas in two days. Get real man. Have you lost your marbles?

How does Taipei win in any area? Give me one example. And give me one example of how shenzhen parks are user unfriendly. You havent even been to Shenzhen parks. So how would you know? You do not even describe Shenzhen accurately in any factual detail at all. I obviously know way more about it than you. You dont even know the main areas of shenzhen. So you aren't familiar with it at all.

Shenzhen has many English signs too in the MRT and downtown areas. You are totally misdescribing shenzhen. Why?

Did you know shenzhen has four railway stations? Taipei only has one of course. So how can you argue size? Thats like arguing if Texas or Delaware is bigger. Its a foolish debate. Dont you care about the truth???????

El_Caudillo
Freshman Poster

Post by El_Caudillo »

I can't help myself...Taipei had four railway stations...Main Station, Wanhua, Songshan and Nangang. But yes Shenzhen is indeed a much bigger city.

Another interesting way of judging this would be the numbers of tourists each city receives. I'm betting it's Taipei - but perhaps they would have a better experience in Shenzhen? I know a lot of expats in HK who have never visited Shenzhen. I can't understand that as it is just across the border.

Winston why are you blowing up on this? Take a deep breath mate. Hasn't the Philippines taught you that the human race is not with you in seeing things logically, nor ever will be...what would Eckhart Tolle say? Let it go...all things will past. One day the beautifully manicured parks of Shenzhen will become dust and the Chinese empire will have fallen like Rome and Uncle Sam before it...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

El_Caudillo wrote:In terms of measuring space in mainland China I always use the following example. Take a 747 and fill it with mainland Chinese leaving but one seat free - that seat is for you. Fill another plane with a different group - in this case lets use Taiwanese. Now which of those planes do you want to get on? Which will seem more crowded? Which will be louder? On which will more people be bumping into you? Remember both planes have the same number of people on board.

I think Mainlanders get a bit too much stick from Hong Kongers and Taiwanese...then again I wouldn't really want to be on that first plane!

If Winston likes Shenzhen, good for him in that I imagine it has a lot of opportunities for making money and meeting women. I didn't find Shenzhen aesthetically pleasing when I was there. My own mainland experience was mainly in Shanghai and Dalian. In terms of architecture both of those cities are more interesting than Taipei. The bike trails in Taipei are great and with the Ubike system you don't even need your own bike - I don't think they have that in China...I lament the old days of Beijing when everybody was on a bike.
I definitely would prefer to be on the plane with the mainland Chinese. The Taiwanese give off highly negative repressed self loathing vibes that make me feel weak and crippled, as if i cant be myself. I can flirt or laugh around them. When i do it feels inappropriate. Its very suffocating.

At least chinese are more authentic and social and have a more positive vibe. So your analogy is a bad one. Lol

Also ive been on a train and plane full of mainland chinese. They arent that loud. Most are civilized. They mostly just play with their smart phones. So i dont see the disadvantage.

I also flew domestic flights in china. The passengers were all quiet and polite. They just played with their phones as usual.

You can rent bikes in china too in certain areas like the coastline, along the top of the wall in Xi'an, etc.

Im not saying shenzhen is a paradise or even as good as russia. But compared to taipei, of course its better. No comparison. Its all relative.

To me, authenticity and energy are everything. So is the ability to be yourself. Taiwan is simply wayyyyy wayyyyyyy tooooooooo uptight in the extreme. Especially the women. Thats a huge negative. I dont get why it doesnt bother rock. It ruins everything in taiwan. A bad vibe spoils everything.

His descriptions of shenzhen are also grossly exaggerated and one sided. He doesn't present any of the pros of shenzhen. Thats too one sided and imbalanced.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

El_Caudillo wrote:I can't help myself...Taipei had four railway stations...Main Station, Wanhua, Songshan and Nangang. But yes Shenzhen is indeed a much bigger city.

Another interesting way of judging this would be the numbers of tourists each city receives. I'm betting it's Taipei - but perhaps they would have a better experience in Shenzhen? I know a lot of expats in HK who have never visited Shenzhen. I can't understand that as it is just across the border.

Winston why are you blowing up on this? Take a deep breath mate. Hasn't the Philippines taught you that the human race is not with you in seeing things logically, nor ever will be...what would Eckhart Tolle say? Let it go...all things will past. One day the beautifully manicured parks of Shenzhen will become dust and the Chinese empire will have fallen like Rome and Uncle Sam before it...
Those railway stations you listed are all on the same line right? The Shenzhen stations are all on different lines. Taipei doesnt have that many tourists. China has way more. Most Americans dont even know about taipei. They think taiwan and thailand are the same. Lol.

Shenzhen isnt a tourist city. Beijing is. Im not blowing up. But rock is clearly wrong about this. He is like a mouse arguing with an elephant about which is bigger. Looks foolish dont you think?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I just sent some photos of litchi park that i took in shenzhen to rock on whatsapp. Then i said this:

"This is a section of litchee park. The same park i rode the boat on the lake with Summer and Lisa. As you can see, the grass is green and clean. Its well maintained. And not crowded like el caudillo wrongly assumed.

In contrast rock, daan forest in taipei is BELOW AVERAGE in size for a park and thus not functional for a real park. Hence inadequate. Visit shenzhen park and you'll understand and change your mind."

So you see, since rock hasnt visited the parks in shenzhen, he's not even qualified to compare.

El_Caudillo
Freshman Poster

Post by El_Caudillo »

Well we hope to see you back in Shenzhen soon...where doubtless you'll be happier. Im pretty glad youre not the dictator of a small country as you wouldnt tolerate much dissent.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

From ethan_sg:

"Guangzhou is full of huge parks too, not just Shenzhen. It's obvious that huge mega-cities like Guangzhou and Shenzhen would have much bigger parks than places like Taipei and Singapore. There's just not enough space in Taipei and Singapore so the government's can't afford to allocate a huge amount of space to parks. In Guangzhou there are parks all over the city center , and even that neon light park right in the heart of the city - Hai Xin Sha - great places for dates.

Singapore parks are small and pathetic by comparison lol . There's one big and very artificial looking one near the casino called gardens by the bay but to me even as an artificial park it can't hold a candle to Hai Xin Sha in Guangzhou

Plus it's not just about the size pr aesthetic beauty of the park. The social atmosphere is important too. There seems to be far more more social interaction and communal activities going on in parks in China. You see old people playing chess in big groups , middle aged couples dancing, young people playing games or hanging out in groups , and old people playing with kids. We even see many energetic older people standing in circles and playing that game where you try to keep the feather-cock in the air by using your feet only

While the size and aesthetic beauty of a park is not unimportant, it is the social atmosphere of a park that provides insight into the social atmosphere of the city and that is what is most critical. By comparison the parks in Singapore have no soul and are merely there as white elephants to look pretty."

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

If one really wants to rent a pedal boat in Taipei for a date, it's avail at Bi Tan in Shin Dian (Xindian). Take MRT green line to Xindian station and look for the bridge.

To see some nature in the city, try Chiang Kai Shiek residence in Shilin. Walk in and climb stairs up the hill to your left. Or go to Wulai hot springs area and go up the mountain.

https://hikingtaiwan.wordpress.com/2009 ... 寮/#more-41