Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Republic of the Philippines Not as it Seems

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Winston » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:13 pm

Check out the entry on Manila on Single Dude Travel. It's pretty funny and says the same thing as the OP - that Manila is dirty, ugly, expensive and has bad food. lol

http://www.singledudetravel.com/2011/10 ... -the-cons/

The thing is, why does this guy talk about the ease of getting drugs on every page? Geez, that's stupid. Plus, it's strange that he's totally against prostitutes, but is all for drugs. lol I mean, gee, at least the former has to do with sex, which is natural, while drugs are foreign chemicals (unless you are talking about pot).
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23574
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:19 pm

ph_visitor wrote:
pete98146 wrote:But saying the women are unattractive is nuts.


Well, I think you guys are delusional and nuts for thinking these women are anything other than ugly.

This isn't, btw, about skin colour, or the girls being poor, peasants or farmer girls.

It's the mashed up facial features that don't mix fluently on their faces.

They look like a cubist painting of 8 different races, and it's an ugly thing to look at.


Really, recommendations for single male travel to the RP need to come with a huge disclaimer as all of you have missed this and the prices; someone such as myself who did exhaustive research for years was shocked by the prices in Luzon/Mindoro (not JUST Manila) and the (low) quality of the women.

Really, guys need to know this because what you guys have been writing for years is just simply not true.

Also Winston still hasn't posted the prices to fine a girl in AC, and I suspect they are what I have quoted.

1000 for drinks
1000 to fine
1000 for a.m. 'taxi money
500 for breakfast
...and if you hang out and go shopping the next day, add on more.
That's 3,500php, which is more than p4p in China or HK by far.

This has been such a disappointment...


Dude,
There are tons of posts here bashing the Philippines. They are stickied too. Didn't you see them?

You have no budgeting skills at all. What ethnicity are you? I can't believe that you are Chinese. You must be white or Korean. No Chinese person would suck that bad at budgeting or common sense.

FYI:
Barfines in Angeles City are now 1500p for dancers and 2000-3000p for spotlight girls. In smaller bars on Friendship Rd, they are 1200p. That includes everything. You don't have to tip. Only bad girls will ask you for a tip. Me and Mr S only give 100p tips to them for the trikes anyway. Why the f**k were you giving 1000p tips for taxis? That's stupid. The taxis in Manila start at 30p and go up little by little. 1000p is not necessary. Only stupid guys would fall for such a request.

In Manila though, there is the barfine and the tip you give the girl for sex, so it's a double price. But if you go to LA Cafe, you negotiate everything all at once.

Drinks are 150p for ladies drinks and 90p for customers. But that's if the lady gets one shot. They prefer two shots so that they can double the price. If you say nothing, they will ask for two shots.

Breakfast, lunch and shopping the next day are optional. You can take her to Jollibee and spend 100p on her breakfast or lunch. Come on now.

Do you suck that bad at budgeting? Only white and Korean guys suck that bad with money.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23574
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Dogboy86 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:38 pm

ph_visitor, to me it sounds like you broke the number one rule of prospecting. You never leave gold to find gold... ;)
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"!!!
Dogboy86
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:09 pm
Location: Safford, Az.

Postby Repatriate » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:06 pm

Winston wrote:
In Manila though, there is the barfine and the tip you give the girl for sex, so it's a double price. But if you go to LA Cafe, you negotiate everything all at once.

I'm curious about this, how much is the end cost when you pay such a huge bar fine?

In Thailand the go go price has been 600-800 barfine and 1500-2000 ST and 3000 LT sex for as long as I can remember. That comes out to around $100 U.S. for 2 hours with a reasonably sexy looking Thai girl in most cases. The thai girls i've seen in go gos and Massage parlors here sure as shit beats any pics i've seen of the Filipinas working the same occupation. I never took a girl from a go go even in the lust filled p4p days.

I hate the Go Go scene though and the only time I ever step foot in one is when it's a drinking night out and the people i'm with are bored and want to ogle chicks not wearing panties dancing on glass floors. :lol:
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby Winston » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:18 pm

ph_visitor wrote:
Winston wrote:Yeah most girls are ugly there...


I find it stunning that after years of research you guys are like:

"Oops! Yeah, most of the girls are ugly. I forgot to mention that..."

You know, that MIGHT BE SOMETHING YOU WOULD PUT FIRST AT THE BEGINNING IN BOLD TYPE SO THAT PEOPLE CAN KNOW THAT AT THE ONSET.

Philippines:
Lots of very ugly, very friendly girls.

Most men would be "No thanks, I will go elsewhere."

Food prices are from malls and shops in Emrita. Robinson mall, corner restaurants, grocers and chemists.

No, I am not on a package.
No, I did not hire a driver.
No, I am not with a guide.
No, I am not in the most expensive hotels not by a long shot.

I am merely going about on my own, seeing what I see and what I see is nothing as you say.

Movie prices are nothing as you quote. 2X
Internet is twice that price.
Cheapest meals are 70 php, but they will kill you with fried, fatty, carb-rich foods.
Beer prices are insane in bars.
Bars are out of control with pricing.

and STOP QUOTING IN USDOLLARS.

I live and work in Asia and I am NOT paid USD.

So for those of you NOT in the US/EU, the RP is EXPENSIVE.

Lastly:
Girls are NOT CHEAP.
Fine 1000
Girl 1000
Beers 500-1500
Breakfast next a.m. 500
That's 3000 - 4000 php or 439 CNY or $93 USD.

Sure it's cheap, ONLY IF YOU ARE AMERICAN and paid in dollars.

If you are paid in HKD or CNY that price is the SAME or MORE than China.

In a nation much poorer. Why should anyone pay MORE in the RP when China has a much much higher PPP per capita?

This makes no sense.

What a rip-off, disappointment, disillusioning discovery.


Dude, that's because you went to MANILA! NO ONE suggested you to go there. NO PI travel guide or website recommends it either. You said you did research. Well it sounds like you didn't. Otherwise, why did you go to a city that no one recommends?

I only go to Manila to hang out for to meet someone. I wouldn't want to live there though.

The prices are as I say in Angeles City. They are even cheaper in Mindanao.

Meals are not 500p. Where did you eat at exactly? What's the name of the restaurant?

If you go to Mall of Asia in Manila, for instance, you can eat at many nice restaurants for 200p or 300p. Personally, I eat at Mexicali, a Mexican place. There I can get a large burrito with chips for 145p. In the food court, there is a vegetarian place called Bodhi that sells health food for 80p for a combo meal. It's small so I get two of them for 160p. I also get a veggie pork bun for 30p. That's a lot of food that makes me full.

How is that expensive? I'm giving specific examples. You aren't. Are you sure you're not a troll?

Also, the hotel chain in Manila, Sogo Hotel, is only 1000p a night. There are many such hotel franchises in Manila - all over. On the main EDSA Rd, you see them on every block. How could you have missed them?! Duh!

Do you remember seeing these? They are everywhere in Manila.

Image

Here is what the room looks like inside. It's only 1000p for 12 hours. They take credit cards too.

Image

The best franchise I've seen is Eurotel, which has high quality rooms for 1100p. But you only get to stay 12 hours, which is enough.

Here is a picture of the Eurotel I stayed at in Baguio. It was very spacious (more than you can see in the photo) with clean comfortable carpets and a flat panel TV on the wall, and a modern AC.

ImageImage

Here is a photo of a Eurotel room from another site. As you can see, it's nice. So what are you complaining about?

Image

Lastly, here is the menu at the Mexicali place I eat at in Manila, which has a lot of good vegetarian items.

http://www.munchpunch.com/2405/mexicali ... -asia/menu

As you can see in the menu, there are many items under 200p and under 300p too. For example:

Burritos

Grilled meat or vegetables with fresh salsa, re-fried beans, Mexican rice, cheese and sour cream wrapped in a fresh hand-rolled tortilla. Served with tortilla chips and salsa

BBQ Chicken
145.00 - 295.00
Serving choices: California 225.00, Regular 145.00, El Gordo 295.00

Ground Beef
145.00 - 295.00
Serving choices: Regular 145.00, California 225.00, El Gordo 295.00

BBQ Pork
145.00 - 295.00
Serving choices: El Gordo 295.00, Regular 145.00, California 225.00

Roast Pork
145.00 - 295.00
Serving choices: El Gordo 295.00, Regular 145.00, California 225.00

Grilled Steak
165.00 - 329.00
Serving choices: California 259.00, Regular 165.00, El Gordo 329.00

Grilled Shrimp
225.00 - 355.00
Serving choices: California 355.00, Regular 225.00

Chimichanga

A deep-fried burrito. Served with house salad, chimichanga sauce and re-fried beans

Grilled Chicken Chimichanga
169.00 - 219.00
Serving choices: California 219.00, Regular 169.00

Grilled Steak Chimichanga
189.00 - 249.00
Serving choices: California 249.00, Regular 189.00


Note: The small sized burritos above are pretty filling and decent sized. Not bad for 145p. There is a vegetarian burrito too, but they didn't include it for some reason.

Enchiladas

Baked filled tortillas covered with salsa ranchero cheese and sour cream

Chicken Enchilada
178.00 - 195.00
Serving choices: With Mexican Rice 195.00, With Tortilla Chips and Salsa 178.00

Grilled Vegetable Enchilada
178.00 - 195.00
Serving choices: With Mexican Rice 195.00, With Tortilla Chips and Salsa 178.00

Ground Beef Enchilada
178.00 - 195.00
Serving choices: With Mexican Rice 195.00, With Tortilla Chips and Salsa 178.00

Cheese Enchilada
198.00 - 215.00
Serving choices: With Mexican Rice 215.00, With Tortilla Chips and Salsa 198.00


See what I mean? Why would you need to spend 500p? Perhaps you are just stupid or lying?

Here are their burgers, including the veggie burgers I eat, which are a nice size.

Sandwiches

Served with tortilla chips and salsa

California Chili Dog
149.00

Classic Burger
169.00

Classic Cheese Burger
185.00

Onion Grilled Burger
173.00

Onion Grilled Burger with Cheese
189.00

Chili Burger with Cheese
189.00

Chili Burger
173.00

Garden Burger
169.00

Garden Burger with Cheese
185.00


Here is a picture of what their burger and chips or fries looks like:

Image

Overall, the portions aren't as big as in the US, but they are adequate and satisfying.

Image

So I don't see why you need to spend 500p every meal. Maybe you are a total dumbass. Either that, or a troll who knows he is wrong but just likes to argue.

I've also gone to nice restaurants in Green Belt, Makati, where the nicest restaurants in Manila are, many times. There are some very expensive places that serve 500p and up meals. But there are many places with 200-400p meals as well, even in high quality dining establishments.

You've just been PWNED! Now do you realize what a dumbass you are? Research my ass. It looks like you didn't do any research! Neither did I. I just walked around and found all those things above by looking and walking. Yet you did a lot of research, you say, and found only the most expensive things? lol Golly, you must suck, or be a troll. lol
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23574
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Repatriate » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:37 pm

Winston wrote:Image


Is that the chili burger or normal burger? If it's chili why in gods name would they slather what looks like mayo on it? :lol:
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby Winston » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:48 pm

Repatriate wrote:
Winston wrote:
In Manila though, there is the barfine and the tip you give the girl for sex, so it's a double price. But if you go to LA Cafe, you negotiate everything all at once.

I'm curious about this, how much is the end cost when you pay such a huge bar fine?

In Thailand the go go price has been 600-800 barfine and 1500-2000 ST and 3000 LT sex for as long as I can remember. That comes out to around $100 U.S. for 2 hours with a reasonably sexy looking Thai girl in most cases. The thai girls i've seen in go gos and Massage parlors here sure as shit beats any pics i've seen of the Filipinas working the same occupation. I never took a girl from a go go even in the lust filled p4p days.

I hate the Go Go scene though and the only time I ever step foot in one is when it's a drinking night out and the people i'm with are bored and want to ogle chicks not wearing panties dancing on glass floors. :lol:


WTF? Rock said there were many barfines available for $30 easily. Why $100?

I've never barfined in Manila, but I've gone with girls from LA Cafe. I think in Manila it's 1000p for the barfine, and then 2000p for the sex afterward, or more, if you barfine from a bar.

Not sure about the videoke barfines though. You'll have to ask Ladislav or Mr S about that.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23574
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Repatriate » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:55 pm

Winston wrote:WTF? Rock said there were many barfines available for $30 easily. Why $100?

I've never barfined in Manila, but I've gone with girls from LA Cafe. I think in Manila it's 1000p for the barfine, and then 2000p for the sex afterward, or more, if you barfine from a bar.

Not sure about the videoke barfines though. You'll have to ask Ladislav or Mr S about that.


In Thailand the barfine is 800 (to take her out of the joint) and the sex is 1500-2000 later. So at the most it's 2800 baht or so, about $100 U.S. all in.

So in Manila its 1000 p plus 2000 p that's about $70 U.S. all in. Sounds a little cheaper than Thailand's go go scene but with uglier girls.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby Mr S » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:35 pm

The Philippines is a two tier priced place. On one side you have Filipino prices and the other you have dumb foreigner inflated prices. Basically any touristy place in a major city will be over-priced. Because foreigners will pay these prices and the upper-middle to rich classes of Filipino society will also pay, for the sake of showing off that they can afford to eat or hang out in these kinds of establishments. If you look at the Philippines as a whole, there aren't many places like this. But, these are where tourists usually wind up or they are in the better parts of town, so you are getting charged more for the "supposed" nicer ambiance and better facilities.

I agree that halfway decent hotels are overpriced here, but when every decent place gets away with it, there is no incentive to lower prices.

Lack of quality is a big issue in the Philippines, this is mainly due to Filipinos generally not being complainers so nothing improves much over time. I think the way things improve here is when something just breaks and the only option to fix or replace it with is a newer model item that didn't exist previously. There is no concept of preemptive maintenance, things just get fixed when they break.

Food prices vary depending on quality and if they are local or imported. Anything imported from Asia is generally more a little more expensive, like from China or local SE Asian countries. Anything imported from Europe or N or S America is greatly inflated, but the food is much higher quality usually than what you can find locally in the Philippines so people with money here are willing to pay the inflated prices.

Filipinos have no concept of price competition, they just raise prices, almost never lower them to attract business. For example, if business is slow in a bar the logical thing a foreigner might do is lower his prices to attract business or create special discount days to draw in customers. Here in PI, they think," well, business is slow and I'm losing money. So I'll just raise prices a bit and that will make up for less customers"... I have to agree though that prices have been going up considerably in the last few years. When I first came here 8 years ago it was A LOT cheaper than it is now. Even though the Government says that inflation isn't that high here and thus they can lower interest rates so banks will lend more money, I think they are just spinning a story to get people into debt and spend money just like what happened in Europe and America. So there will be a bubble burst probably second half of this decade in Philippines, will be a good time to buy real estate then...

You can stay here cheaply as a tourist, if you are willing to settle for less and know a bit of the tricks to being here. Mostly you have to have a bit of experience being here first before one learns how to navigate things here, or be guided by someone who already lives here. You can easily have a great life here on 50,000 Pesos or more a month if your single and don't go crazy spending money on nightlife all the time or Western foods and dining. If you want to settle down with a GF and have a family, you probably need to bump it up a bit. With a wife/GF and one kid, your living expenses will probably go up at least 20,000 Pesos a month is you live in the Metro Manila area. This is if you to choose to live a middle class life style or above.

Beauty is subjective to the person. Filipinos are not as ugly as you project them to be, but yes, there is only a small minority which would really stand out for their looks or physical appearance. Most of these women never make it into the dating scene. By their 20's they are usually scooped up by local guys while they are in high school or early college. The ones that do get onto the dating market usually have something going against them, whether it's family, single mother, mentally/emotionally unstable, gold digger/player, a P4P girl, etc. Also, one has to be aware that most families will try to send their kids overseas to study or work so a lot of the better looking girls are being sent off to Uni overseas. The better looking are usually girls from a family that could provide decent nutrition for them as they grew up. The good looking girls with decent social standing are readily snatched up by local guys and the good looking whore girls that many foreign guys run into are also being taken out of the bar market, so there are only left overs usually of average or below average girls. Almost all Filipinos with half a brain want to get the hell out of the Philippines for the most part cause they don't feel they can have a successful life here. So there has been a mass exodus of quality ladies over the last decade or more. So as more leave and more guys are trying to find foreign wives, there are going to be less decent 20 something women to hook up with.

Filipinos have all kinds of looks and you can find ones that don't have the monkey face, scarred legs/face, pig nose or Alfred E Neuman ears, but like I said you gotta take your time and wade though the masses and be patient. I've seen a lot of knock-outs and I could go to any large mall in Metro Manila and find them. But if you look at the millions of people in say Metro Manila, maybe when you go to the mall there are only a few dozen that one might find attractive enough for their tastes. However, most guys over 45 don't care as much about facial looks, they just want a young girl with a half way decent body that doesn't look like the fat older Western girls they are used to having to look at from where they come from (even though most of them are considered fat as well). I personally like a nice body and will overlook facial imperfections to be able to hit it. So maybe a girl has a 8,9,10 body for my tastes, but she only has a 7,6, or 5 for facial looks. Average face and killer body is okay with me, but I think most guys want a killer face and will work with an average body. However if I wanted to get serious with a girl then a nice face is a must, the body can be improved with proper diet and exercise. But with one-night stands or casual humping, I prefer nice body than face. As long as I don't have to put a bag over it.

If you think Filipinos are ugly, don't go to Indonesia! They are way worse looking than Filipinas. I was just there a few months ago and basically you can go days without seeing a good looking girl. But I prefer curvier woman, so girls in Indonesia don't have those characteristics. If you like short girls who are either super thin with no tits or ass, or slightly plump girls who think stuffing their face gives them curves, but they still have no decent tits or ass, then go to Jakarta Indonesia.

You can goto the local nightlife hangouts and spend minimally, but do you want to hang out in a drab place with dirty plastic furniture with roaches crawling around and the bathrooms look like they haven't been cleaned since the building was built? yeah you can still get 20-40 Peso beer prices if you are willing to lower your standards to the local Filipinos male one, but most foreigners can't and the locals know this so they will usually charge higher alcohol and food prices cause they know they can get away with it.

What Winston said about current prices is basically correct except Taxis now are 40 Pesos start of meter and go up 3.5P so often depending on KM and time. So Taxis are a bit more expensive now than they were in the first half of 2011. I would say they went up by a third. I never tip girls from bars in the provincial cities, only give them taxi money like 50-100 pesos. In Manila they expect a tip because there is a larger influx of business tourists that go to the foreigner bars and they often just put their expenditures on their business account. This is why Burgos and EDSA Complex have expensive bar fines and lady drinks. The girls expect a tip also cause they have been spoiled by these guys throwing money at them. So I wouldn't bar fine a girl from those places unless you don't need to watch your expenses and are willing to spend well over 5000 pesos just for the barfine and tip. Pick up girls at the bars in Malate are cheaper but the quality and attitude varies so if you are a tourist with a limited time frame then you may or may not have the best experience there. It's luck of the draw.

I used to be a regular whore monger at the bars but I don't really go to them anymore due to my own life schedule, higher prices and lower quality of girls nowadays. I'm not kidding when I say that the good looking girls are being pilfered away through different mechanisms at an increasing rate of speed than just a few years ago. If I didn't have personal commitments here I would much prefer to go to Thailand or Vietnam and date the girls there. Cambodia, I didn't really see too many good looking girls there so it wouldn't be on my list unless things have changed in the past 5 years from last I was there. The only thing PI has going for it nowadays is English being spoken and used here, but even that is slipping away every year because of the atrocious education system here and Tagalog TV being preferred than English channels. I interview Filipinos regularly and test their English skills and every year their overall abilities have been going down on average. In another 10-20 years the average publicly educated Filipino will be on the same level English wise with all the other Asian countries, basically minimal or none. I'm already seeing it when I travel to provincial cities. I'm also seeing it in metro Manila when I'm not in the larger commercial areas.

The Philippines is self-destructing upon itself, it's just that the population living here that hasn't already immigrated from the country can't really see what's coming around the corner for them, with the increasing population and everything that comes with that problem...The average Filipino really has no clue how shitty their county is getting every year unless they have worked or traveled overseas. And basically every overseas worker I've talked to is trying to get back overseas as fast as they can. It's pretty sad actually. Having just a Filipino passport is a really shitty prospect. I'll live temporarily here or visit but I'm glad I wasn't born here and forced to be a Filipino... That would suck!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
User avatar
Mr S
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2311
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:57 am
Location: Physical Earth, 3rd Dimensional Plane

Postby Winston » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:46 pm

Mr S,
That's an awesome and accurate detailed treatise about the Philippines. A masterpiece! Bravo! I'll disseminate it around. If you don't mind, I'll send it to Stickman Bangkok too, as a submission. He likes brutally honest posts like that.

Mr S is actually one of the few white guys I know who is picky about the girls he dates/barfines. He'll never date a short ugly girl. I've been barhopping with him and have seen his taste. His tastes are different than mine, but the ones he picks are pretty and sexy nonetheless - definitely doable at least. He definitely has better taste than most white guys.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23574
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Rock » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:04 pm

Winston wrote:
Repatriate wrote:
Winston wrote:
In Manila though, there is the barfine and the tip you give the girl for sex, so it's a double price. But if you go to LA Cafe, you negotiate everything all at once.

I'm curious about this, how much is the end cost when you pay such a huge bar fine?

In Thailand the go go price has been 600-800 barfine and 1500-2000 ST and 3000 LT sex for as long as I can remember. That comes out to around $100 U.S. for 2 hours with a reasonably sexy looking Thai girl in most cases. The thai girls i've seen in go gos and Massage parlors here sure as shit beats any pics i've seen of the Filipinas working the same occupation. I never took a girl from a go go even in the lust filled p4p days.

I hate the Go Go scene though and the only time I ever step foot in one is when it's a drinking night out and the people i'm with are bored and want to ogle chicks not wearing panties dancing on glass floors. :lol:


WTF? Rock said there were many barfines available for $30 easily. Why $100?

I've never barfined in Manila, but I've gone with girls from LA Cafe. I think in Manila it's 1000p for the barfine, and then 2000p for the sex afterward, or more, if you barfine from a bar.

Not sure about the videoke barfines though. You'll have to ask Ladislav or Mr S about that.


Winston I didn't contradict what Repat wrote. You seem to be losing your memory. Here is exactly what I told u via text message in response to some of yr. queries just a few days ago:

"I could show u places where it would cost $500 or much more 2 take a girl. Bk truly has it all, from cheapest Charlie to highest roller. The gogos in bk generally charge usd20 to bf then u pay girl another 60 or so. But why go to bar when so many girls in disco and streets after bar hour will go for around usd 32 in bk and 16 in ptaya. Freebies r possible w certain gals if she like u and u charm her well. Some hav great attitude, some bad. But less inhibited about sex then Angeles city girls. And no cherry girls, lol. Lots of non-girl oriented fun here 2, much better than pi IMO."
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4118
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby Repatriate » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:04 pm

Very informative Mr S, You can deduce a lot about the Philippines by looking at the past 10 years of economic data. I wonder if it will eventually become a failed state since it seems like the elite there are intent on running the country into the ground to enrich themselves. There has to be an entropic point of no return in doing this. It happens all the time in Africa. Eventually the corrupt kleptocrats steal and rob so much wealth that things just disintegrate into tribal families and subsistence shanty towns. Then that's when the blood letting begins. It's nearly an impossible hole to climb out of.

On one hand I feel sorry for Filipinos but on another level I understand that there are cultural reasons why this is happening. A lot of Filipinos are remarkably short sighted and lack critical thinking skills. At least the Thai elite understand killing the goose that lays the golden eggs is a bad thing. I don't see any sort of restraints from the Filipino masters in destroying their own.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby Mr S » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:15 pm

Winston wrote:Mr S,
That's an awesome and accurate detailed treatise about the Philippines. A masterpiece! Bravo! I'll disseminate it around. If you don't mind, I'll send it to Stickman Bangkok too, as a submission. He likes brutally honest posts like that.

Mr S is actually one of the few white guys I know who is picky about the girls he dates/barfines. He'll never date a short ugly girl. I've been barhopping with him and have seen his taste. His tastes are different than mine, but the ones he picks are pretty and sexy nonetheless - definitely doable at least. He definitely has better taste than most white guys.


Well I don't want you to post it to other sites cause I didn't write it for them and the writing would be different. Plus there are some grammar mistakes and stuff that would need to be corrected, as I'm too lazy to do it myself. You can link the post on your website if you want so others can read it though.

I should probably take the time to write about my Jakarta trip sometime. I have a lot to say about that but it would probably take me a while to write it.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
User avatar
Mr S
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2311
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:57 am
Location: Physical Earth, 3rd Dimensional Plane

Postby Mr S » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:17 pm

Rock wrote:
Winston wrote:
Repatriate wrote:
Winston wrote:
In Manila though, there is the barfine and the tip you give the girl for sex, so it's a double price. But if you go to LA Cafe, you negotiate everything all at once.

I'm curious about this, how much is the end cost when you pay such a huge bar fine?

In Thailand the go go price has been 600-800 barfine and 1500-2000 ST and 3000 LT sex for as long as I can remember. That comes out to around $100 U.S. for 2 hours with a reasonably sexy looking Thai girl in most cases. The thai girls i've seen in go gos and Massage parlors here sure as shit beats any pics i've seen of the Filipinas working the same occupation. I never took a girl from a go go even in the lust filled p4p days.

I hate the Go Go scene though and the only time I ever step foot in one is when it's a drinking night out and the people i'm with are bored and want to ogle chicks not wearing panties dancing on glass floors. :lol:


WTF? Rock said there were many barfines available for $30 easily. Why $100?

I've never barfined in Manila, but I've gone with girls from LA Cafe. I think in Manila it's 1000p for the barfine, and then 2000p for the sex afterward, or more, if you barfine from a bar.

Not sure about the videoke barfines though. You'll have to ask Ladislav or Mr S about that.


Winston I didn't contradict what Repat wrote. You seem to be losing your memory. Here is exactly what I told u via text message in response to some of yr. queries just a few days ago:

"I could show u places where it would cost $500 or much more 2 take a girl. Bk truly has it all, from cheapest Charlie to highest roller. The gogos in bk generally charge usd20 to bf then u pay girl another 60 or so. But why go to bar when so many girls in disco and streets after bar hour will go for around usd 32 in bk and 16 in ptaya. Freebies r possible w certain gals if she like u and u charm her well. Some hav great attitude, some bad. But less inhibited about sex then Angeles city girls. And no cherry girls, lol. Lots of non-girl oriented fun here 2, much better than pi IMO."


I am seconding rocks reply to you...
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
User avatar
Mr S
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2311
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:57 am
Location: Physical Earth, 3rd Dimensional Plane

Postby Mr S » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:25 pm

Winston wrote:Check out the entry on Manila on Single Dude Travel. It's pretty funny and says the same thing as the OP - that Manila is dirty, ugly, expensive and has bad food. lol

http://www.singledudetravel.com/2011/10 ... -the-cons/

The thing is, why does this guy talk about the ease of getting drugs on every page? Geez, that's stupid. Plus, it's strange that he's totally against prostitutes, but is all for drugs. lol I mean, gee, at least the former has to do with sex, which is natural, while drugs are foreign chemicals (unless you are talking about pot).


They seem to already be aware of your site and may be "hidden lurkers". If you look at the side bar on the left that says "WE READ/USE" you'll find a link to your website.

I also don't get their approval of recreational drugs but yet condone prostitution? WTF kind of hypocritical thing is that to say? I would think they would get the fact that dating a girl to f**k her is the same thing as just paying for it up front to do the nasty, you just have the strait away with the whore. These types of guys will say that whores are dirty and been with lots of guys or whatever, but whose to say the "normal" girls you may meet in a bar or disco aren't the same or actually have hidden pasts that are just as bad? Just cause a guy prefers to f**k than get stoned doesn't mean that he should be ridiculed for it. I admit the "grandpa boner" label is pretty funny and real, but "uncle boner"? Come-on, the pleasures of the flesh when you know how to use them properly are much better than getting physically stoned in my opinion. How about "uncle stoner" for a label?

I would only condone using natural hallucinogens, but for spiritual experiences not recreational. Using any kind of recreational drug on a regular basis just slowly destroys you over time, but most people don't realize the accumulative affects until much later in their life. Once in a while is probably okay, but you should be living a healthy lifestyle also to offset and repair any damaging affects from them.

I don't care if people get their rocks off from getting high or paying to cum on some chicks face, but saying one seedy habit is better than the other is just not that enlightened. You can do both vices moderately and enjoy the experience without being labeled as a "......"! :lol:
Last edited by Mr S on Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
User avatar
Mr S
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2311
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:57 am
Location: Physical Earth, 3rd Dimensional Plane

PreviousNext

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 3 guests