Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Republic of the Philippines Not as it Seems

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

cheap motel

Postby targetguy » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:40 am

8) There are a lot of cheap motels in angeles that are 300 or 400 amonth. Not sure about the safety but rental houses or apartments arent to high priced there.. Its mostly the safety that people are worried about with the high murder rate of foreiners and wallet and credit card thieves.. I checked into the cherryblossom hotel and they
specifically asked for my debit card number.. The next thing iknow is my card has a lot of charges on it that i have no idea what happened and had to leave the pi early. So to me this is the worse problem there safety and fraud. seemsto bea national past time there.gp
no scammers
targetguy
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:56 pm
Location: usa







Postby Repatriate » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:43 am

Keyser wrote:Well, if the OP did budget for this little adventure and also admits that he is over his budget by 800%, I would say his research fell a bit short. :roll:

He's probably trolling but he has raised good points that we all discussed before. The Philippines is well known for being far overpriced for a country that's a borderline failed state.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby ph_visitor » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:21 am

Well, you guys seem to have concluded that I am either not in the RP or that I am lying/trolling. Any reply of mine to address your responses would include profanity and insults, so I shall just go right to my lunch costs today.

I was in the Robinson Mall, Ermita, Manila not 30 minutes ago.

I bought lunch.

3rd Floor, Pho Toc Vietnamese Specialties
Noodles and Spring Rolls 295 php. One person. Me. Lunch. One app one bowl of noodles. 30 minutes ago. 295 pesos.

So what prices are YOU guys looking at?

Jollibee (as Winston and others have recommended) is a fast food grease dump for teenagers. I am middle aged with heart issues. Eating fast food will kill me. Shit food like that and the garbage you have recommended will be very bad for my health. Hamburgers? Give me a break. I cannot eat such crap. I need light, healthy, low fat.

If you buy a girl lunch the next day it's going to be 700 php.
Then you need to eat later, that's another 300 for dinner.
Then if you drink...to the moon. 500 to 1000. water is 80, you have one or two, go to the 6 bars in Sabang and you just spent 480 on water.
Barfine, 2,000 plus
Room 1,000 plus

My buddy was telling me how the girls flash 3-3-3 to other girls. usually about a Korean guy. It means 3 inches, 3 minutes, 3,000 pesos.

Easy money.
ph_visitor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:13 am

Postby ph_visitor » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:25 am

Repatriate wrote:
Keyser wrote:Well, if the OP did budget for this little adventure and also admits that he is over his budget by 800%, I would say his research fell a bit short. :roll:

He's probably trolling but he has raised good points that we all discussed before. The Philippines is well known for being far overpriced for a country that's a borderline failed state.


Repatriate,

I am not trolling and I am meeting guys on this list in the RP today and this week.

I experience this country as an over-priced rip-off with ugly women.
Last edited by ph_visitor on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ph_visitor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:13 am

Postby ph_visitor » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:32 am

OutWest wrote:Also, the hotel chain in Manila, Sogo Hotel, is only 1000p a night. There are many such hotel franchises in Manila - all over. On the main EDSA Rd, you see them on every block. How could you have missed them?!


Man, you don't get it.

1,000 php is 145-161 cny.

I pay 128 to 158 for all of my hotels in China, not for 12 hours, but the day.

I am not going to compare the places that are 30 to 100 CNY a day as that's unfair to expect you to know where to find those places.

So if you are suggesting a 'bargain' place in MNL that is 'on every block', yet they cost MORE or the SAME as what I pay in China, yet the RP is an undeveloped dump compared to China, then how can anyone honestly claim that the RP is cheap?

It isn't.

Then there was the ripp-off from the dive shop, run by a friend of my friend. Yet we were scammed.
And the pick pockets who lifted his phone as we crossed the street to the hotel.

At this point I am going to simply check in to a cheap hotel, pay cash, hole up for a week, stay in, and minimize any further losses from this country you guys have lied about.
ph_visitor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:13 am

Postby OutWest » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:43 am

ph_visitor wrote:
OutWest wrote:Also, the hotel chain in Manila, Sogo Hotel, is only 1000p a night. There are many such hotel franchises in Manila - all over. On the main EDSA Rd, you see them on every block. How could you have missed them?!


Man, you don't get it.

1,000 php is 145-161 cny.

I pay 128 to 158 for all of my hotels in China, not for 12 hours, but the day.

I am not going to compare the places that are 30 to 100 CNY a day as that's unfair to expect you to know where to find those places.

So if you are suggesting a 'bargain' place in MNL that is 'on every block', yet they cost MORE or the SAME as what I pay in China, yet the RP is an undeveloped dump compared to China, then how can anyone honestly claim that the RP is cheap?

It isn't.

Then there was the ripp-off from the dive shop, run by a friend of my friend. Yet we were scammed.
And the pick pockets who lifted his phone as we crossed the street to the hotel.

At this point I am going to simply check in to a cheap hotel, pay cash, hole up for a week, stay in, and minimize any further losses from this country you guys have lied about.


Well for one thing, you mangled the quote- that is not my comment. The only quotes you will find from me about Manila is that it is a shithole in my opinion and I avoid it like the plague- I do not even fly through it, I go through Cebu. I never have given you any advice and avoid giving it, especially to whinny dumb-asses. There is PLENTY of content to be found here that is critical of the Philippines, if you really spent the time researching as you claimed. I have a decent life here, but clearly do NOT advise it for retirement and it is NOT the cheapest place to go, though bargains can be found if one is a bit wise.

YOU are a perfect example of why I avoid expats and raiders like the plague. I cross the street in heavy traffic to avoid expats in either Cebu or Cagayan de Oro. I do not give unsolicited advice and do NOT want a bunch of bargain hunting dolts to mess up my hideouts. Winston himself has plastered this site with scathing critiques of Filipinos and many aspects of the Philippines. I do find some bargains to be had in Mindanao. You don't? Go someplace you like better. There are plenty of people who write puff pieces on the Philippines and many other places. If you are such world traveler, you should easily recognize them. Lord, you should read some of the shit I've seen about Thailand- it's heaven on earth! Land of SINCERE friendly smiles! Yes, some people imply such things, but adults are supposed to know better.


Outwest
Mindanao, Philippines
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2096
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Postby ph_visitor » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:18 pm

OutWest wrote: Dude comes across as a whinny dumb-ass.
If you are a dumb-ass you will get hosed at every turn...what's new? LOL There is always someone willing to
take a fool's money.


Outwest,

Consider this as though we are in person and I am saying this to your face.

f**k you, you asshole.

It's your attitude, and Winston's, and the others on this thread that reveals what you guys are really about.

You won't reveal the information you know, but someone who doesn't know what you won't let on about, is a dumb-ass.

Yeah. f**k you buddy and everyone else here and on this thread.

I am in AC.

Guess what, motherfuckers?

The prices are NOT 1,000 or 1,500 anymore as per stickman, here and every other RP bg thread, blog or site.

It's 2,000 to barfine a girl now and at Atlantis it is 3,000 to 3,500 for the top tier girls.

Your prices and info are just pure 100% bullshit and you admit (Outwest) that you won't inform anyone else about what you know yet you insult me for not knowing what you won't tell. I had to actually come to the RP, ruin my holiday, to discover that you guys are full of shit keyboard jockeys quoting incorrect, out of date information. Or just withholding it in your case. You guys aren't even socially competent enough to meet someone who flies in from another country, and show him around.

No, all you do is post shit in thread and don't help at all, and then claim what I post is bullshit when it's what I spent that hour or that day or what my friend spent.

I invite you to come to Mainland China, where I can treat you like shit as you have treated me. I will misquote prices, not be available to show you around, be too busy, and give you the same in return.

All of you can f***ing go to hell.
ph_visitor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:13 am

Postby Billy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:51 pm

ph_visitor, what´s wrong with you? Didn´t you read my country ratings? PI girls got a 4 from me. And I even never been to RP. Anyway not your mistake as my posts were deleted as I was banned.

Anyway how comes that you take this site serious after you saw the funny pictures of the owner and read the racist things and the alien threads?

So, live long and prosper
Billy
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1144
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:01 pm

Postby Repatriate » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:55 pm

:lol:

Ph visitor you sound like a whiny crybaby dipshit with heart problems. Stop crying because you didn't do adequate research. Plus no one ever claimed Filipino food was good, certainly not Winston who writes entire reviews criticizing the shitty Filipino chains he's visited. I think i've seen one poster try to say Filipino food was ok. It's in fact trash and Filipino chain restaurants are obviously the same..trash.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby ph_visitor » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:00 am

Here are two photos.

One taken yesterday at Swagman waiting for the bus to AC, the other taken about 15 minutes ago in front of D Club on Fields Avenue.

Image
Image
ph_visitor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:13 am

Postby ph_visitor » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:10 am

Repatriate wrote::lol:

Ph visitor you sound like a whiny crybaby dipshit with heart problems .


So because I have heart problems you guys are allowed to be assholes?

Repatriate, add yourself to the list of:

f**k off, asshole.

You guys are not helpful, you lie about prices, and OutWest has an open and admitted policy of referring to anyone who doesn't know his secrets as being a dolt.

But of course, he isn't going to share what he knows.

The prices are NOT what you claim.

Girls are now 2,000 to 3,500. You will buy drinks at the bars. That's a barest minimum of 500 php and it's much more likely to be 1000 to 1500. You will tip the girl, buy her food the next day, perhaps go shopping. Add another 1,000 for the bg experience. If you eat any real food, your daily budget is at least 800 php or more. If you eat at the clubs, add in another 1,000 to 1,500. If you buy any water at the 7-11, add another 250 per day just for water.

Just setting foot in the RP for any holiday sets you back 3,000 a day and you won't be doing any extra activities. If you hit the bars, it's 6,000 to 8,000 a day and if you dive or take a tour, keep adding up the thousands.

The attitude of everyone on this list is crap. You aren't helpful. You are selfish. You won't share intel as OutWest has openly admitted. You lack compassion wrt people older than you who are not in perfect health. You lie about prices.

The cheap food here not only isn't healthy, it is LETHAL to someone my age in my condition.

This is my last post dealing with the lack of humanity here.
ph_visitor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:13 am

Postby davewe » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:25 am

ph_visitor wrote:
Repatriate wrote::lol:

Ph visitor you sound like a whiny crybaby dipshit with heart problems .


So because I have heart problems you guys are allowed to be assholes?

Repatriate, add yourself to the list of:

f**k off, asshole.

You guys are not helpful, you lie about prices, and OutWest has an open and admitted policy of referring to anyone who doesn't know his secrets as being a dolt.

But of course, he isn't going to share what he knows.

The prices are NOT what you claim.

Girls are now 2,000 to 3,500. You will buy drinks at the bars. That's a barest minimum of 500 php and it's much more likely to be 1000 to 1500. You will tip the girl, buy her food the next day, perhaps go shopping. Add another 1,000 for the bg experience. If you eat any real food, your daily budget is at least 800 php or more. If you eat at the clubs, add in another 1,000 to 1,500. If you buy any water at the 7-11, add another 250 per day just for water.

Just setting foot in the RP for any holiday sets you back 3,000 a day and you won't be doing any extra activities. If you hit the bars, it's 6,000 to 8,000 a day and if you dive or take a tour, keep adding up the thousands.

The attitude of everyone on this list is crap. You aren't helpful. You are selfish. You won't share intel as OutWest has openly admitted. You lack compassion wrt people older than you who are not in perfect health. You lie about prices.

The cheap food here not only isn't healthy, it is LETHAL to someone my age in my condition.

This is my last post dealing with the lack of humanity here.


If you're mostly interested in mongering the forum Philippines Addicts may be for you. Hundreds of postings about places, prices, hotels, etc. Though since you say that Filipinas are ugly I am not sure why you'd want to pay for them.

http://www.philippines-addicts.com/forum/index.php
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Postby OutWest » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:28 am

ph_visitor wrote:
Repatriate wrote::lol:

Ph visitor you sound like a whiny crybaby dipshit with heart problems .


So because I have heart problems you guys are allowed to be assholes?

Repatriate, add yourself to the list of:

f**k off, asshole.

You guys are not helpful, you lie about prices, and OutWest has an open and admitted policy of referring to anyone who doesn't know his secrets as being a dolt.

But of course, he isn't going to share what he knows.

The prices are NOT what you claim.

Girls are now 2,000 to 3,500. You will buy drinks at the bars. That's a barest minimum of 500 php and it's much more likely to be 1000 to 1500. You will tip the girl, buy her food the next day, perhaps go shopping. Add another 1,000 for the bg experience. If you eat any real food, your daily budget is at least 800 php or more. If you eat at the clubs, add in another 1,000 to 1,500. If you buy any water at the 7-11, add another 250 per day just for water.

Just setting foot in the RP for any holiday sets you back 3,000 a day and you won't be doing any extra activities. If you hit the bars, it's 6,000 to 8,000 a day and if you dive or take a tour, keep adding up the thousands.

The attitude of everyone on this list is crap. You aren't helpful. You are selfish. You won't share intel as OutWest has openly admitted. You lack compassion wrt people older than you who are not in perfect health. You lie about prices.

The cheap food here not only isn't healthy, it is LETHAL to someone my age in my condition.

This is my last post dealing with the lack of humanity here.


PH_visitor.

I do not use the term "dolt" widely. You attributed the words of another to me and failed to research the contents of this site before flinging all
kinds of LIAR charges in general. You certainly did not ask me anything in terms of advice. There are men on this board who have sent me PMs
and I am quite happy to answer their questions in detail.

I am not much use when it comes to details about metro-Manila though, as I very rarely go there and avoid the place entirely.
I think it is an overpriced pit. Further, I am not into the bar girl scene and would not be of much help to you there. Usually it seems it is
the screwing you get for the screwing you got. Now if you wanted to know something about the south where I am, or boring details like
where to buy good Mango tree seedlings, I might be able to help you. For me it is about family, friends, good food, farming, and someone you love in it all.

It all sounds so desperately dismal to me. I would wonder aloud, well you must be middle age I am thinking at least, with serious health problems, and you are choosing to spend your days (or nights) with prostitutes? Generally, in my experience, as people age, home and family seem to become more important to them. It seems like such self-degradation for someone in your shoes. I kinda understand the young dude out sowing some wild oats
and being at loose ends...I understand most things, but it just seems forlorn to see this older guy out looking for better deals on GRO's and cheap hotel rooms. I guess if that makes you happy, then more power to you.


Outwest
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2096
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Postby keius » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:14 am

ph_visitor wrote:
Repatriate wrote:
Keyser wrote:Well, if the OP did budget for this little adventure and also admits that he is over his budget by 800%, I would say his research fell a bit short. :roll:

He's probably trolling but he has raised good points that we all discussed before. The Philippines is well known for being far overpriced for a country that's a borderline failed state.


Repatriate,

I am not trolling and I am meeting guys on this list in the RP today and this week.

I experience this country as an over-priced rip-off with ugly women.


While I agree with you on many points (as many others here do as well), you should have done your research more thoroughly. While i've never been there myself, i've been aware that certain places and things in the PHI are overpriced.
If i were to go, I would never have chosen Manila. Perhaps this topic should've been about Manila and not the PHI. The same can be said about China. I've been to China. We both know some cities in China are far far more expensive than others. I've stayed at places in China where everything was way overpriced...and 2nd/3rd tier cities where things were more reasonable/cheap.

As for the women, i don't think anyone doubts that in general, other Asians such as Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, etc tend to be more attractive. I've generally not seen many attractive Filipino women in the videos and/or pics that i've seen. My standards are simply higher. If you had actually done your research beforehand, or just lurked on HA long enough, you'd know that.

Complaining about it, after the fact, is pointless. I think most people here feel that you were never really mislead because you never actually did your research.

Either way...enjoy the rest of your stay and relax a little. If this really is a "vacation" for you, then treat it like one.
keius
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:44 pm

Postby ph_visitor » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:40 am

OutWest wrote:It all sounds so desperately dismal to me. I would wonder aloud, well you must be middle age I am thinking at least, with serious health problems, and you are choosing to spend your days (or nights) with prostitutes? Generally, in my experience, as people age, home and family seem to become more important to them. It seems like such self-degradation for someone in your shoes. I kinda understand the young dude out sowing some wild oats
and being at loose ends...I understand most things, but it just seems forlorn to see this older guy out looking for better deals on GRO's and cheap hotel rooms. I guess if that makes you happy, then more power to you.


You guys really have reading comprehension problems if you assume that if I quote a price then I bought something.

Recall that I think the women are ugly? And that I did not fine anyone? And that I did not come here to hit the bgs?

No, it's everything else. The expensive food, the rip-off quintuple charging dive shop, the ugly women.

Really, remove the bg's entirely and you guys still seem purely delusional based upon everything else.

Basically food prices here are 80% of the USA in a market. That's insane. Sure RP food is cheap, but fried carbs will put me in the grave.

And you live someplace where guys like you are kidnapped and killed for money, even in a city where you know people. That hotel clerk? Might be an M.I.L.F. sympathiser.

Maybe if you want to live here and have decided that beforehand, but based on the info here and elsewhere and the horrific contrast to reality, I cannot see how anyone would come here since Image is not Reality.

Sure the women are nice and friendly, but nowhere have I EVER seen it written that MAYBE you might not want the attention of women who look like that.

That is not a small detail.

If you don't know what Chinese, or Korean or Japanese women look like then, yeah, you would go nuts in the RP.

but it just seems forlorn to see this older guy out looking for better deals on GRO's and cheap hotel rooms.


That's because you are young and cannot consider that everyone who is an older guy is not rich and that, in the USA at least, one medical illness will destroy your finances and then leave you incapable of earning good money and in poor health.

Goodbye.
ph_visitor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:13 am

PreviousNext

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest