Thailand or Cambodia for nightlife?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
LonelyGuy
Freshman Poster

Thailand or Cambodia for nightlife?

Post by LonelyGuy »

Hi all.
I'm a newbie planning an 8 day trip to SE Asia, primarily to experience the nightlife.
I would like opinions about whether Thailand or Cambodia would be the better destination.
My nightlife interests include p4p, massage, karaoke, companionship, and music (not loud disco).
Daytime activities might include touring recent historic sites (WW2, killing fields, etc.), exotic animals, floating villages, oriental art, etc. (Temples not so much)
I'm looking to experience oriental society as it existed before being westernized (read Japan, Taiwan, etc.) with friendly people who can communicate in English.
Too much to ask?
I'm hoping either Thailand or Cambodia will come close.
LonelyGuy
Freshman Poster

Should I be asking in another forum?

Post by LonelyGuy »

Apparently this isn't the right place for this kind of advise.
Can anyone reccomend a more appropriate forum for this question?

Thanks. :)
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

I suspect you are here for free information for your devices and to use us in the interim.

If I were other people here, I wouldn't render that type of information to you.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
LonelyGuy
Freshman Poster

I suspect you are here for free information for your devices

Post by LonelyGuy »

E_Irizarry, I don't understand your reply.

Does "free informatiom" mean I can buy this advise somewhere?
If so, where?

What do you mean by "devices"?
I'm confused.

This seems like a very unfriendly forum,
Sorry I asked.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: I suspect you are here for free information for your dev

Post by zboy1 »

LonelyGuy wrote:E_Irizarry, I don't understand your reply.

Does "free informatiom" mean I can buy this advise somewhere?
If so, where?

What do you mean by "devices"?
I'm confused.

This seems like a very unfriendly forum,
Sorry I asked.
Hey LonelyGuy, E_Irizarry doesn't like us giving information to newbies because he wants to keep all the information to only a handful of people. I can understand why he feels that way, although I don't agree. Anyway, I have been to Thailand and I loved it! I would definitely like to live there one day! The sights and sounds of Thailand is great for traveling and seeing new things. The nightlife is pretty good too, although I didn't like all the prostitutes and bar girls; I'm not into those kind of girls...As for Cambodia, I haven't been there so I wouldn't know.
LonelyGuy
Freshman Poster

Post by LonelyGuy »

Thanks zboy.

I'm definately leaning toward Thailand, but the info I can google indicates there are some pretty interesting sights in Cambodia as well. And it sounds like the nightlife is as good (or better) than Thailand.

If I could swing 2 weeks I would check them both out. But in 8 days I don't think I could spend enough time to really appreciate them both. So I covet the opinions of people who have actually been there.
Twobrains
Freshman Poster

Post by Twobrains »

Thailand actually looks pretty westernised, in that the cities are (often charmlessly) modern with familiar western facilites. I hear that Cambodia is about 20 years behind Thailand, so if you want something more authentic, go there perhaps? I'm not saying that Thailand is just like the west - it certainly has very strong and distinct cultural flavours that are both fascinating and perplexing, but I imagine Cambodia would be even more interesting. The p4p and nightlife scene is probably much, much smaller (Thailand is a sensual riot!), but still exists by all accounts.
LonelyGuy
Freshman Poster

Post by LonelyGuy »

Thanks Twobrains. (Which one replied BTW?) I think I have pretty much decided on Thailand. If nothing else, it is much easier to get there from Tokyo where I am going on the companies dime. Occasionally I get sent to Taiwan for work as well. Maybe I can check out Cambodia the next time I go there. Thanks for the input all. :)
Twobrains
Freshman Poster

Post by Twobrains »

LonelyGuy wrote:Thanks Twobrains. (Which one replied BTW?)
Nice one :) The big one is in charge at the moment, but the little one is looking forward to his trip to Mexico.

I'm very interested in Taiwan and would like to have your impressions about the place, the women, friendliness of the locals etc.
LonelyGuy
Freshman Poster

Post by LonelyGuy »

"TwoBrains wrote:
I'm very interested in Taiwan and would like to have your impressions"

Unfortunately I have had very little free time in Taiwan, so I can't tell you much about the women today.

I have always thought Taiwanese women were the most attractive of any place I have visited in Asia so far.
When I toured WestPac with the navy in the 60's Kaohsiung and Keelung in Taiwan were my favorite ports.
The women were friendlier and much more fun than those in Japan, Hong Kong, or the Phillipines.

When I am in Kaohsiung today it is like a different country.
It is totally modernized and except for the language and food it doesn't seem much different than a US city to me.
I wouldn't say the people are more unfriendly, just busier.

To be fair, I should plan to take some personal time the next time I am in Taiwan.
Maybe some of the smaller or less commercialized cities will be more laid back and welcoming to westerners.
If you make it to Taiwan before I do again I would love to hear about your experiences.

As for Mexico, be careful where you go.
I understand the drug cartels and other criminal elements have made some areas very dangerous.
Getting kidnapped or caught in a cross-fire would take the fun out of any trip.
Twobrains
Freshman Poster

Post by Twobrains »

Thanks, LG. I'll be in some of the safer areas, but I'll be sure to take care and not do anything stupid.
Keyser
Freshman Poster

Post by Keyser »

E_Irizarry wrote:I suspect you are here for free information for your devices and to use us in the interim.

This is a free internet forum, where the concept is to share information garnered through your travels...

If you are only going to be an irritable cvnt and not post anything useful, then why are you here in the first place?

To the OP, if you want "authentic" asian culture prior to being tainted by western culture, then out in the boonies in Cambodia is your only option...

You sound like the usual sex tourist though, so my advice would be to stick to the proven trail... Bangkok, Pattaya for Thailand... PP or Snookieville in Cambodia...
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Re: Thailand or Cambodia for nightlife?

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

LonelyGuy wrote:Hi all.
I'm a newbie planning an 8 day trip to SE Asia, primarily to experience the nightlife.
I would like opinions about whether Thailand or Cambodia would be the better destination.
Thailand BY FAR! Cambodia really does not have a 'night life' per se, Cambodian infrastructure is not as developed as Thailand's, and the red light districts in Cambodia are heavily controlled by the local Cambodian men which in some cases would make it difficult for you access brothels because it's closed off to foreigners.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Keyser wrote:
E_Irizarry wrote:I suspect you are here for free information for your devices and to use us in the interim.

This is a free internet forum, where the concept is to share information garnered through your travels...

If you are only going to be an irritable cvnt and not post anything useful, then why are you here in the first place?

To the OP, if you want "authentic" asian culture prior to being tainted by western culture, then out in the boonies in Cambodia is your only option...

You sound like the usual sex tourist though, so my advice would be to stick to the proven trail... Bangkok, Pattaya for Thailand... PP or Snookieville in Cambodia...
Keyser, shut your piehole by proxy of removing your fingertips from the keyboard. Sex tourism or not, sharing too much cointelpro only corrupts the place. You sound like a typical westernized unmitigated fool whom only thinks about himself. You wouldn't have jumped up getting your panties in a bunch over me trying to protect information; you must be a person whom is trying to get free information and not contribute. Pot. Kettle. Slack-er [you imminently are]. 9 posts and you are saying you have contributed more than I?? GTFOH, mas puto. Keep that sh_t moving!!
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!