Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Here is what $309/mth gets you in the Philippines...

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Here is what $309/mth gets you in the Philippines...

Postby Sasha V. » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:34 pm

Hey Folks,

I just bought myself a very fancy lens, and need a reason to show off...

So, here are pictures of (and from) my apartment.

This last one is from the neighbor's porch...

If you meet Buddha, kill the Buddha. If you meet the patriarch, kill the patriarch. If you meet Mother and Father, kill them. Kill everything you meet. Stand above it, pass on, and be free.
Sasha V.
Freshman Poster

Postby Dogboy86 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:54 pm

Very nice and clean, wow great view...
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"!!!
Dogboy86
Freshman Poster

Postby Jacaré » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:35 am

That's very nice man! Where in the phils is that? Did you sign a long term lease or a short one? I'd be very interested to know more as I'd want a place like that when I return to the Phils.

Thanks.
Jacaré
Freshman Poster

Postby momopi » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:45 am

What camera equipment are you using?

I've been thinking about picking up a Rebel XT DSLR used to play with, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Sasha V. » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:04 pm

Jacare: It's a short term place in Cebu City. PM me when you are coming, and I'll try to hook you up :)

momopi: It's a nikon D5100 with a Sigma 10-20, obviously shot at 10mm. Its also HDR
If you meet Buddha, kill the Buddha. If you meet the patriarch, kill the patriarch. If you meet Mother and Father, kill them. Kill everything you meet. Stand above it, pass on, and be free.
Sasha V.
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:24 pm

That's nice. It looks like first world quality. But $300 is expensive though. Did you get the foreigner price? How did you find it? Who did you rent it from? You can probably get the same in China for much cheaper.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Will N. Dowd » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:43 pm

I love it! That would be perfect for me...minimalist, clean and cozy, with an awesome view! Where in Cebu is it?
Will N. Dowd
Freshman Poster

Postby pete98146 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:49 pm

It's very clean! Is is a 1 BR? What area of town are you in?
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Postby Jacaré » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:00 am

Sasha, I will PM you when I get back there. How long are you going to be in Cebu?

Winston,
Where in China are you? Can you post examples of apartments you can get for cheaper in China?
Jacaré
Freshman Poster

Postby Sasha V. » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:37 am

I don't know if it's the foreigner price, but either way it doesn't matter since I am, in fact, a foreigner and won't be getting the 'Local' price anyway.

I found it by complete luck. Ran into a guy who was already living there.

It's true that $300 could get more more in china.. but it could probably get me even more in a the Jungle or in Antarctica :)

Winston wrote:That's nice. It looks like first world quality. But $300 is expensive though. Did you get the foreigner price? How did you find it? Who did you rent it from? You can probably get the same in China for much cheaper.
Sasha V.
Freshman Poster

Postby Sasha V. » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:39 am

It's in Busay - about 10 minutes on a motorbike from Lahug.

Will N. Dowd wrote:I love it! That would be perfect for me...minimalist, clean and cozy, with an awesome view! Where in Cebu is it?
Sasha V.
Freshman Poster

Postby Sasha V. » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:41 am

I am not sure what it technically qualifies as, but the sleeping space/kitchen space is separated.. but not by a door.

pete98146 wrote:It's very clean! Is is a 1 BR? What area of town are you in?
Sasha V.
Freshman Poster

Postby cadams84 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:37 pm

Beautiful place man, I hope I am so lucky.
cadams84
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:30 pm

Jacaré wrote:Sasha, I will PM you when I get back there. How long are you going to be in Cebu?

Winston,
Where in China are you? Can you post examples of apartments you can get for cheaper in China?

I'm not in China. I just heard about such lower prices there from others here, and read about them. There are many threads here where people say that the Philippines is pretty expensive for a third world country.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby xiongmao » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:07 am

China is cheap (from what I've heard). I know an expat there is paying around $150 a month and my ex's have rented apartments for less than that. And these are in Guangzhou (which is probably the 4th most expensive Chinese city). However, those sorts of neighborhoods are rat and roach infested and not great if you're used to first world cleanliness. And I visited these places, so I really did see the rats and roaches!

The other problem with China is that you need to be on good terms with the police and/or have a Chinese wife. Otherwise you'll find it hard to live in these cheapo places. There are all sorts of rules about where foreigners can live in China, I don't know what the rules are but they might be based on how many crates of beer you buy the local police!

Sasha's Phillies place looks fabulous though.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand