Here is what $309/mth gets you in the Philippines...

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Sasha V.
Freshman Poster

Here is what $309/mth gets you in the Philippines...

Post by Sasha V. »

Hey Folks,

I just bought myself a very fancy lens, and need a reason to show off...

So, here are pictures of (and from) my apartment.

This last one is from the neighbor's porch...

If you meet Buddha, kill the Buddha. If you meet the patriarch, kill the patriarch. If you meet Mother and Father, kill them. Kill everything you meet. Stand above it, pass on, and be free.
Dogboy86
Freshman Poster

Post by Dogboy86 »

Very nice and clean, wow great view...
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"!!!
Jacaré
Freshman Poster

Post by Jacaré »

That's very nice man! Where in the phils is that? Did you sign a long term lease or a short one? I'd be very interested to know more as I'd want a place like that when I return to the Phils.

Thanks.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

What camera equipment are you using?

I've been thinking about picking up a Rebel XT DSLR used to play with, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
Sasha V.
Freshman Poster

Post by Sasha V. »

Jacare: It's a short term place in Cebu City. PM me when you are coming, and I'll try to hook you up :)

momopi: It's a nikon D5100 with a Sigma 10-20, obviously shot at 10mm. Its also HDR
If you meet Buddha, kill the Buddha. If you meet the patriarch, kill the patriarch. If you meet Mother and Father, kill them. Kill everything you meet. Stand above it, pass on, and be free.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

That's nice. It looks like first world quality. But $300 is expensive though. Did you get the foreigner price? How did you find it? Who did you rent it from? You can probably get the same in China for much cheaper.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

I love it! That would be perfect for me...minimalist, clean and cozy, with an awesome view! Where in Cebu is it?
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

It's very clean! Is is a 1 BR? What area of town are you in?
Jacaré
Freshman Poster

Post by Jacaré »

Sasha, I will PM you when I get back there. How long are you going to be in Cebu?

Winston,
Where in China are you? Can you post examples of apartments you can get for cheaper in China?
Sasha V.
Freshman Poster

Post by Sasha V. »

I don't know if it's the foreigner price, but either way it doesn't matter since I am, in fact, a foreigner and won't be getting the 'Local' price anyway.

I found it by complete luck. Ran into a guy who was already living there.

It's true that $300 could get more more in china.. but it could probably get me even more in a the Jungle or in Antarctica :)
Winston wrote:That's nice. It looks like first world quality. But $300 is expensive though. Did you get the foreigner price? How did you find it? Who did you rent it from? You can probably get the same in China for much cheaper.
Sasha V.
Freshman Poster

Post by Sasha V. »

It's in Busay - about 10 minutes on a motorbike from Lahug.
Will N. Dowd wrote:I love it! That would be perfect for me...minimalist, clean and cozy, with an awesome view! Where in Cebu is it?
Sasha V.
Freshman Poster

Post by Sasha V. »

I am not sure what it technically qualifies as, but the sleeping space/kitchen space is separated.. but not by a door.
pete98146 wrote:It's very clean! Is is a 1 BR? What area of town are you in?
cadams84
Freshman Poster

Post by cadams84 »

Beautiful place man, I hope I am so lucky.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jacaré wrote:Sasha, I will PM you when I get back there. How long are you going to be in Cebu?

Winston,
Where in China are you? Can you post examples of apartments you can get for cheaper in China?
I'm not in China. I just heard about such lower prices there from others here, and read about them. There are many threads here where people say that the Philippines is pretty expensive for a third world country.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

China is cheap (from what I've heard). I know an expat there is paying around $150 a month and my ex's have rented apartments for less than that. And these are in Guangzhou (which is probably the 4th most expensive Chinese city). However, those sorts of neighborhoods are rat and roach infested and not great if you're used to first world cleanliness. And I visited these places, so I really did see the rats and roaches!

The other problem with China is that you need to be on good terms with the police and/or have a Chinese wife. Otherwise you'll find it hard to live in these cheapo places. There are all sorts of rules about where foreigners can live in China, I don't know what the rules are but they might be based on how many crates of beer you buy the local police!

Sasha's Phillies place looks fabulous though.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.