Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Hong Kongers irked by mainland Chinese habits

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Hong Kongers irked by mainland Chinese habits

Postby zboy1 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:47 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHkwkcGmHP0&feature=g-u-u&context=G27a6297FUAAAA8AAAAA[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qkTLBsHgU0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKQWVvqaAW8&feature=related[/youtube]

Man, I heard that mainland Chinese were rude and unsophisticated, but I know idea how bad they behaved: defecating in the streets, cutting queues, spitting, loud talking, etc. They make New Yorkers seem polite in comparison...
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby xiongmao » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:14 pm

The spitting in Wuhan was intolerable at times, and the worst offenders were the older women!

It was easy to spot the Chinese tourists in Tokyo, they were usually noisy or making a scene!

I've found Guangzhou fairly civilised, although that goes out the window when the metro is super busy.

My mom thinks China and Japan are the same. But travel on a train in Japan then one in China and the difference will simply astonish you!!!
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby zboy1 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:09 pm

xiongmao wrote:The spitting in Wuhan was intolerable at times, and the worst offenders were the older women!

It was easy to spot the Chinese tourists in Tokyo, they were usually noisy or making a scene!

I've found Guangzhou fairly civilised, although that goes out the window when the metro is super busy.

My mom thinks China and Japan are the same. But travel on a train in Japan then one in China and the difference will simply astonish you!!!

I've always wondered why there was such a stark cultural contrast in behavior between the boorish Chinese and the behavior of Japanese people? The Chinese and Japanese are pretty much of the same racial stock (East Asian), but completely different from each other in terms of attitudes, manners, and outlook. I believe communism really did a number on the morals of the Chinese people as well as centuries of deprivation creating a "dog eat dog" individualist mentality similar to the United States, resulting in selfishness, rudeness, and downright bad behavior among the population.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby momopi » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:13 am

If China was as developed as Japan, the same opportunities that exist today may not be there for you.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby ph_visitor » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:15 pm

You guys have no idea and this thread and those videos do not even begin to scratch the surface. It's 1000X worse.
ph_visitor
Freshman Poster

Postby Repatriate » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:43 pm

Yeah it can be pretty bad. The average person's behavior is atrocious by polite western standards but when I visited with my father we met some really nice Chinese people too. It's like anywhere else the obnoxious people tend to stand out in your memory and unfortunately there are a lot of Chinese that are rough like this.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand